Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-01-17, 01:37 PM
All District

Rebels12 is on a distinguished road
This would be a very interesting matchup. 2 completely different styles of football. Huge improvement for the Braves compared to Minerva. For Dover, Shaw does nothing for them. Anytime you can get a big game between powerhouses in the County... Everyone wins!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbuck View Post
I know some Dover fans will not agree with me but I would like to see IV at Dover for the opener. I think it would be a good situation for both schools, a big crowd/big gate would be guaranteed, IV would provide better competition than our recent openers Shaw was the only challenging team in the past several years and I think it hurts Dover when we immediately get into the meat of the schedule in week 2.
What's in it for IV? I think the IV community would be totally pumped all summer,close proximity,Dover offense usually takes a couple games to get rolling and Dover has had issues against teams with strong ground games.
What do the IV folks and the rest of you think? As far as I know Dover is still open for game 1. How about IV?
Old 11-01-17, 02:22 PM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Did Claymont pick up a Week 1 game yet? Don't see one on Arbiter.
Old 11-01-17, 02:48 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know some Dover fans will not agree with me but I would like to see IV at Dover for the opener. I think it would be a good situation for both schools, a big crowd/big gate would be guaranteed, IV would provide better competition than our recent openers Shaw was the only challenging team in the past several years and I think it hurts Dover when we immediately get into the meat of the schedule in week 2.
What's in it for IV? I think the IV community would be totally pumped all summer,close proximity,Dover offense usually takes a couple games to get rolling and Dover has had issues against teams with strong ground games.
What do the IV folks and the rest of you think? As far as I know Dover is still open for game 1. How about IV?
Nah ... Dover already played IV, back in the day:

2004 Dover 64-28
2005 Dover 55-12
2006 Dover 28-0
2007 Dover 59-0

That's just not fun for anybody.
Old 11-01-17, 03:18 PM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
As of now, Claymont still has NP as week 1 of the 2018 schedule, I think you’re seeing the wrong year.
Old 11-01-17, 03:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOLace View Post
As of now, Claymont still has NP as week 1 of the 2018 schedule, I think you’re seeing the wrong year.
as of 10/18 NP is shopping for 2018/2019...sorry, it is still listed on Arbiter but Dennison has a listing.
Old 11-01-17, 03:41 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post

2004 Dover 64-28
2005 Dover 55-12
2006 Dover 28-0
2007 Dover 59-0

True, but as you can see IV wasn't real solid then.
Old 11-01-17, 03:47 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatQB View Post
as of 10/18 NP is shopping for 2018/2019...sorry, it is still listed on Arbiter but Dennison has a listing.
Claymont has a contract to play New Philadelphia week one through 2019.
Old 11-01-17, 03:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Can you show me the listing?
Old 11-01-17, 04:10 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
True, but as you can see IV wasn't real solid then.
Last Friday, it took Phila 4 OT's to beat Dover. That said, Phila easily beat Claymont 44-6. And, Claymont ALMOST beat IV last week.
Old 11-01-17, 04:42 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
From the OHSAA website. http://www.ohsaa.org/OpenDates#203351-football

Quote:
V- New Philadelphia High School (Div. III) is looking for a Week 1 opponent for the 2018 & 2019 seasons. If interested, contact Matt Dennison at New Philadelphia High School at 330-364-0662 or by email at dennisonm@npschools.org. - 10/18/2017
The school has to notify OHSAA to take down the posting once it's filled, so hopefully we will soon find out.
Old 11-01-17, 06:03 PM
All Ohio

Well there you go. Fair enough. IMO I applaud the move, Claymont has nothing to gain from playing NP at this point for both programs.
Old 11-01-17, 08:07 PM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post

2004 Dover 64-28
2005 Dover 55-12
2006 Dover 28-0
2007 Dover 59-0

The last 5 openers for Dover against 3 Cleveland teams and 1 Canadian.
45-0
45-12
41-8
49-0
60-13
None of the games got us points except the Canadian team. And we had practically zero visiting fans,IV would help pack out Crater.
Old 11-01-17, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

What does IV gain out of playing Dover? Absolutely nothing. Why not schedule Mooney week 1 for Dover?
Old 11-01-17, 08:34 PM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is an unknown quantity at this point
My predictions for next yr

1. I.V 9-1 pr 10-0
2. Garaway- 9-1 Might be to high but if you look back a couple yrs ago Garaway had a down yr went 6-4 then went 10-0 the next, BTW Garaway loses only 3 starters on both sides of the ball 1 on O and 2 On D evryone is a year experienced.
3. Ridgewood- 8-2 should sneak in the playoffs
4. T.V 5-5
5. Claymont- 4-6
6. Ntown- 1-9

SM
1. E.C 8-2
2. S.V 7-3
3. Malvern 6-4
4. Starsburg 5-5
5. Trail 3-7
6. TCC 2-8
Old 11-01-17, 08:39 PM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garaway played both Claymont Back and forth 38-29 to many mistakes and I.V 13-0 Pirates ran out of Gas, then Losing 27-24 to Ridgewood at Wood, The wood posters are going to grill me for this but Garaway always gets boned at Ridgewood a lot of close games in the past that should of went Garaway's way but Did not. Not Taking anything away from wood but I think My Pirates repay the favor when they are home against ridgewood next Year. IMo its Garaway VS I.V for the Championship. Danville will be tough again next yr expeshely playing their. Garaway Finally after a long 15 Yr contract Garaway will Not play Dalton Week 1 But will Play Harrison Central
Old 11-01-17, 10:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOLace View Post
What does IV gain out of playing Dover? Absolutely nothing. Why not schedule Mooney week 1 for Dover?
I went over that in the my original comments. Mooney would bring about as many as team canada did or all the Cleveland teams combined.
Old 11-02-17, 06:50 AM
Junior Varsity

IVbraves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebels12 View Post
I said nothing negative about the IV program or coaches. I said they will be 10-0 next year. Next years team will be loaded, hard to beat. Coach Lanc. & staff have done a great job building this program into a powerhouse.So, before you call someone a scumbag... you should read what they typed.. Rookie!!!!!
Was talking about you calling for Claymont coach's job you jack***. You can go back and read your previous posts pal. You obviously are a cancer to whatever community has the misfortune to house you as you have launched a Yappi crusade to get rid of IV basketball coach before. So you have a M.O. And for the record I've been a member of the IV community for 45 years, no rookie here.
Old 11-02-17, 06:56 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I went over that in the my original comments. Mooney would bring about as many as team canada did or all the Cleveland teams combined.
I realize Dover program has taken some steps back since they can't cake walk over smaller schools like Meadowbrook, I.V., Coshocton and Claymont any more but who would have thought there would be a day Dover people were fishing for games from I.V. Not fun stepping up the schedule is it? We lived it from mid 90s until we went to the PAC. We will not be Dover/Phila cannon fodder again.
Old 11-02-17, 07:29 AM
Freshman

FaughtsAndy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateflash07 View Post
My predictions for next yr

1. I.V 9-1 pr 10-0
2. Garaway- 9-1 Might be to high but if you look back a couple yrs ago Garaway had a down yr went 6-4 then went 10-0 the next, BTW Garaway loses only 3 starters on both sides of the ball 1 on O and 2 On D evryone is a year experienced.
3. Ridgewood- 8-2 should sneak in the playoffs
4. T.V 5-5
5. Claymont- 4-6
6. Ntown- 1-9

SM
1. E.C 8-2
2. S.V 7-3
3. Malvern 6-4
4. Starsburg 5-5
5. Trail 3-7
6. TCC 2-8
Garaway only loses 2 senior starters. 1 on offense (Alshire) and 1 on defense (Donaldson). On Friday Donaldson was the only senior starter with Alshire out with a knee injury.
Should be pretty strong next year.
Old 11-02-17, 07:45 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVbraves View Post
I realize Dover program has taken some steps back since they can't cake walk over smaller schools like Meadowbrook, I.V., Coshocton and Claymont any more but who would have thought there would be a day Dover people were fishing for games from I.V. Not fun stepping up the schedule is it? We lived it from mid 90s until we went to the PAC. We will not be Dover/Phila cannon fodder again.
All the schools you mentioned were part of the ECOL,not like Dover chose to play them, and IV joined voluntarily so it is your own fault you got handled.
If you feel you still can't compete,by all means stay clear. I thought it would be an interesting early season matchup and create some buzz leading up to it. Also I am the only Dover fan to mention this so it would be Dover person not people.
Old 11-02-17, 07:59 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
All the schools you mentioned were part of the ECOL,not like Dover chose to play them, and IV joined voluntarily so it is your own fault you got handled.
If you feel you still can't compete,by all means stay clear. I thought it would be an interesting early season matchup and create some buzz leading up to it. Also I am the only Dover fan to mention this so it would be Dover person not people.
Dover mystique was built on beating smaller schools in the ECOL in the 90s/early 2000s (After they left the NBC) and taking advantage of dominating a down Phila program coming out of the Federal League. So now they don't have those programs to pad the wins and put them in positions to get winnable playoff games at home and you want to take advantage of I.V. all over again. I know the perspective from the Dover bubble is that this is their world and we all just live in it but everyone has wised up. I.V. did in mid 2000s when we went to the PAC and same for Coshocton, Meadowbrook, Claymont etc. Schedule Louisville or Massillion again if you looking for a great gate and good competition.
Old 11-02-17, 08:11 AM
Junior Varsity

As far as you tossing around the voluntarily joining the league comment. Why hasn't Dover joined the NBC again, Got together with Louisville to form a league, Took their turn to see what the Federal League was like, the OCC again, go independent. No they want to hold on to any lasting vestige of their domination of the smaller ECOL where the rich got richer. It is no coincidence that first the ECOL splitting and then the elimination of cross over games against smaller division has led to lack of playoff appearances and wins for Dover.
Old 11-02-17, 08:16 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Dover mystique was built on beating smaller schools in the ECOL in the 90s/early 2000s (After they left the NBC) and taking advantage of dominating a down Phila program coming out of the Federal League. So now they don't have those programs to pad the wins and put them in positions to get winnable playoff games at home and you want to take advantage of I.V. all over again. I know the perspective from the Dover bubble is that this is their world and we all just live in it but everyone has wised up. I.V. did in mid 2000s when we went to the PAC and same for Coshocton, Meadowbrook, Claymont etc. Schedule Louisville or Massillion again if you looking for a great gate and good competition.
Actually Dover built its resume by advancing to the regional championship game in 2006,2008,2009,2010,2011 and the semi finals in 2012.
Old 11-02-17, 08:25 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
As far as you tossing around the voluntarily joining the league comment. Why hasn't Dover joined the NBC again, Got together with Louisville to form a league, Took their turn to see what the Federal League was like, the OCC again, go independent. No they want to hold on to any lasting vestige of their domination of the smaller ECOL where the rich got richer. It is no coincidence that first the ECOL splitting and then the elimination of cross over games against smaller division has led to lack of playoff appearances and wins for Dover.
You must not keep up with things, The NBC is just ran off Louisville,Dover was interested in the OCC but they said no thanks. The split of the ECOL was fully welcomed, but it does need a couple more teams, invitations to Tri Valley and Steubanville have been turned down by both.
Old 11-02-17, 08:27 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Actually Dover built its resume by advancing to the regional championship game in 2006,2008,2009,2010,2011 and the semi finals in 2012.
Absolutely. And hopefully the I.V. program can mimic that success. We certainly are in a position to go on a run like that (We are now one of the biggest school's in our local league) We will compete for league titles and the playoffs every year which will keep building excitement in the program, turning out numbers and commitment. When we win 9/10 games a year we should get in a position to get a home playoff game against a beatable opponent and advance until we run into Steubenville or a private school. IV entering the PAC was equivalent of Dover entering the ECOL in the 90s and now our league situation and post season experience are even better for us to challenge the mighty Tornado success.
Old 11-02-17, 08:49 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
If IV gets that consistent in winning and pushing deep in playoffs, I could see them adding Steubenville to their schedule before adding Dover.

Steubenville is the benchmark of the Division in that part of the state. I do realize they are in different regions, making St. Clairsville a game to shoot for if you wanted to challenge in your region. Playing the really good teams in your division I can see if your intent is to strengthen your schedule and see the competition level you will see weeks 3-5 of the post season.

Dover is D3, not a bad game, but I don't see where the motivation would be to play them when you have teams not that far to drive that give an honest assessment of your program with division opponents that top their regions yearly.
Old 11-02-17, 08:53 AM
All Region

cone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Those days are gone, Dover has missed the playoffs, what 2 of the last 3 years. Haven't won a playoff game since what 2012. IV is correct, his posts are right on.
Old 11-02-17, 08:59 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
If IV gets that consistent in winning and pushing deep in playoffs, I could see them adding Steubenville to their schedule before adding Dover.

Steubenville is the benchmark of the Division in that part of the state. I do realize they are in different regions, making St. Clairsville a game to shoot for if you wanted to challenge in your region. Playing the really good teams in your division I can see if your intent is to strengthen your schedule and see the competition level you will see weeks 3-5 of the post season.

Dover is D3, not a bad game, but I don't see where the motivation would be to play them when you have teams not that far to drive that give an honest assessment of your program with division opponents that top their regions yearly.
Biggest motivation would be the extra 1/2 point they would get from beating a D3 team and second level points that would be available. Don't disagree w/ the rest of your comment except playing Steubenville, no reason to get that crazy.
Old 11-02-17, 09:03 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
Those days are gone, Dover has missed the playoffs, what 2 of the last 3 years. Haven't won a playoff game since what 2012. IV is correct, his posts are right on.
Maybe,but Dover still owns the all time win record over phila in football,basketball and baseball.
Old 11-02-17, 09:18 AM
All Region

cone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe,but Dover still owns the all time win record over phila in football,basketball and baseball.
What has that to do with this topic.