Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-01-18, 06:59 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
The Gruden contract is going to go down as an all-time disaster.
Lots of ego in play there.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-18, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Almost feel bad for McCarron. Gets a chance for his first starting job, gets hurt then gets traded to go be a backup.
Old 09-04-18, 08:46 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the Mack trade will be good for the Raiders in the long run. You can't pay that much to one defensive player. This is the problem with team sports and contracts. Sure Mack is a good player, but has he helped the Raiders win? Not really. So he wants to take more money and make it more difficult for his team to add talent around him?
I just never understood the mindset. You have a God given talent, and you make GREAT money to play a game. Why push it? How much money do you really need?
Old 09-04-18, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Almost feel bad for McCarron. Gets a chance for his first starting job, gets hurt then gets traded to go be a backup.
Sorry, Clark, but how can you feel badly for a guy who couldn't beat out Nathan Peterman and a raw rookie in Josh Allen? I know he had a shoulder issue, but still, maybe the best move Sashi Brown ever made was not hitting the 'send' button on that fax machine.
Old 09-04-18, 11:03 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Why push it? How much money do you really need?
This mentality is why you(self-admittedly) haven't received a raise in 5 years.
Old 09-04-18, 11:21 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Old 09-04-18, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I think the Mack trade will be good for the Raiders in the long run. You can't pay that much to one defensive player. This is the problem with team sports and contracts. Sure Mack is a good player, but has he helped the Raiders win? Not really. So he wants to take more money and make it more difficult for his team to add talent around him?
I just never understood the mindset. You have a God given talent, and you make GREAT money to play a game. Why push it? How much money do you really need?
Sure heís helped the Raiders win. What an idiotic comment.
Old 09-04-18, 01:47 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Sure heís helped the Raiders win. What an idiotic comment.
I don't remember the Raiders doing much since he's been there...
Old 09-04-18, 01:59 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
What have the Texans done since JJ Watt has been there?
Old 09-04-18, 02:49 PM
All Region

MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
What have the Bengals done since anyone has been there?
Old 09-04-18, 03:09 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
The Khalil Mack trade is insane. What were the Raiders thinking? When you get a first round pick, you hope the player is able to make an impact on your team, and be a good player. Every now and then you hit it right and get a GREAT one, like Mack. By nearly every experts' opinion, he is in the top 3 defensive players in the league, with Von Miller and Aaron Donald. No way those two first rounders result in another Mack.

After QB, a dynamic pass rusher is the most vital guy in the NFL. Raiders hit a home run drafting Mack, he quickly became a dominant force, and now they don't want to pay him? And the new egomaniac coach wouldn't even call him to talk through it?

If I'm Carr, Cooper, or other top young guy in that locker room, and I see my team treat our best player like that, I'm looking elsewhere when my contract is up. Dumb move.
Old 09-05-18, 06:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't remember the Raiders doing much since he's been there...
You donít think he helped them win the games they won? He was the best player on their team. I guess Walter Payton didnít help the Bears win any games until 1985 then.
Old 09-05-18, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

The Raiders are on their way to Vegas where they will make even more money without having to be successful. Gruden and the clan obviously took the opportunity to show they won't be pushed around in hopes it sets a precedent for future negotiations and holdouts. Certainly, it would have worked better with an aging declining star.
Old 09-06-18, 08:57 AM
All World

Quote:
You donít think he helped them win the games they won? He was the best player on their team. I guess Walter Payton didnít help the Bears win any games until 1985 then.
So if your best player helps you win 7 games and no more, can you give him tons of money and deplete resources to get better??
I don't get it? They are getting several first round picks the next few years, they are building. And Mack didn't want to be there.
Old 09-17-18, 03:50 PM
All World

I get a big kick ( no pun intended) for fans who criticize athletes for things they cannot do, or ever even come close. Case in point, I challenge anyone to go down to their local high school / middle school and try to kick an old extra point...guarantee most of you would make about 1 or 2 out of 10. And that's with NO snap, holder or rush coming or a stadium full of people.
Old 09-17-18, 05:50 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I get a big kick ( no pun intended) for fans who criticize athletes for things they cannot do, or ever even come close. Case in point, I challenge anyone to go down to their local high school / middle school and try to kick an old extra point...guarantee most of you would make about 1 or 2 out of 10. And that's with NO snap, holder or rush coming or a stadium full of people.
So....you never criticize a hitter who strikes out on a nasty slider..or a 95 mph fastball? Or a QB who misses an open WR 40+ yards down field, or a receiver who drops a pass in traffic..and on and on and on
Old 09-18-18, 07:28 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Using this logic, you are not allowed to criticize any politician ever again since you're unable to go out and generate enough votes to be voted an elected official. You're no longer allowed to criticize Nike for anything they do since you are unable to start a multi-billion dollar business and unable to manufacture high end basketball shoes. You're no longer allowed to criticize LeBron James off the basketball court since you are unable to donate $2,000,000 each year to a school.
Old 09-18-18, 07:34 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This might be the dumbest post you've ever made, and that takes in a lot of territory.
Old 09-18-18, 08:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
So....you never criticize a hitter who strikes out on a nasty slider..or a 95 mph fastball? Or a QB who misses an open WR 40+ yards down field, or a receiver who drops a pass in traffic..and on and on and on
Um...no. Have you ever played sports? Do you think kickers try to miss kicks? Receivers drop passes?
Old 09-18-18, 08:20 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Using this logic, you are not allowed to criticize any politician ever again since you're unable to go out and generate enough votes to be voted an elected official. You're no longer allowed to criticize Nike for anything they do since you are unable to start a multi-billion dollar business and unable to manufacture high end basketball shoes. You're no longer allowed to criticize LeBron James off the basketball court since you are unable to donate $2,000,000 each year to a school.
Nah, you're wrong (again). The vary area of politics is about the exchange of ideas and philosophies. Nike can absolutely be criticized for their decisions, but there is options for other shoes and apparel.
I don't criticize Lebron for off court things, as I've said on here many times, he's a stand up dad, husband and man of the community. Very giving. I sometimes question his motives in doing some of this stuff. My gripe with LeBron is some of his on court antics and constant whining for a guy who gets more calls than any other. His odd personality that seems to rub teammates the wrong way.

Mistakes happens in sports. While the kicker for the Browns had an opportunity to make kicks and help the Browns win, there was also dozens and dozens of other plays in games that impacted the first two games.
Old 09-18-18, 08:20 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
This might be the dumbest post you've ever made, and that takes in a lot of territory.
What's wrong with it.
Old 09-18-18, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What's wrong with it.
The part where you're saying that you're not allowed to criticize someone for a failure to do their job.
Old 09-18-18, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Um...no. Have you ever played sports? Do you think kickers try to miss kicks? Receivers drop passes?
Of course.

You said it was funny when people complain about athletes who fail at things that they themselves cannot do...so that means you have either never complained about an athlete or you are secretly Dave Winfield (who was drafted in 3 sports) and an expert at everything
Old 09-18-18, 08:30 AM
All Yappi

Is 14red saying Zane Gonzolez shouldn’t be released cause missed kicks happen?
Old 09-18-18, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
The part where you're saying that you're not allowed to criticize someone for a failure to do their job.
Old 09-18-18, 09:16 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Nah, you're wrong (again). The vary area of politics is about the exchange of ideas and philosophies. Nike can absolutely be criticized for their decisions, but there is options for other shoes and apparel.
I don't criticize Lebron for off court things, as I've said on here many times, he's a stand up dad, husband and man of the community. Very giving. I sometimes question his motives in doing some of this stuff. My gripe with LeBron is some of his on court antics and constant whining for a guy who gets more calls than any other. His odd personality that seems to rub teammates the wrong way.

Mistakes happens in sports. While the kicker for the Browns had an opportunity to make kicks and help the Browns win, there was also dozens and dozens of other plays in games that impacted the first two games.
Your logic is that if you can't perform the job, you can't criticize. Doesn't matter that politics is about the exchange of ideas and philosophies. Part of an elected officials job is generating enough votes to win the position. You, 14Red, can't do that. As such, you're no longer allowed to criticize a politician. Using your logic, Nike can only be criticized for their decisions by Adidas, Underarmour, etc. You are unable to start and maintain a multi-billion dollar shoe and apparel business, you aren't allowed to criticize them.

Here you are criticizing LeBron for off the court things:
Quote:
But I do not respect his persona as a man of character. What man, who's city has opened up to him, an owner who's paid him as much as he can, and has brought in and paid all his cronies over the years, simply turns his back on the city not once, but twice??
So it turns out you are the one who is wrong...again.
Old 09-18-18, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Is 14red saying Zane Gonzolez shouldnít be released cause missed kicks happen?
No he is saying we shouldn't complain about him if you cannot go out to the local HS field and make kicks yourself....
Old 09-18-18, 09:53 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
it's their job. The only thing they get paid to do is kick xp's and fg's. Missing one happens, missing two fine bad day. Missing three times or more in one game is terms for termination.
Old 09-18-18, 10:33 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No he is saying we shouldn't complain about him if you cannot go out to the local HS field and make kicks yourself....
This smacks of Al Bundy at Polk High.
Old 09-18-18, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lol, thanks for clarifying.