Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-14-18, 08:33 PM
Paydirt Paydirt is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-11-15
Posts: 291
Paydirt is on a distinguished road
28-7. End of 3.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-14-18, 08:44 PM
Irish Football Irish Football is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 156
Irish Football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paydirt View Post
Penalty yards stvm 125- mooney 5. Gotta love those Youngstown refs.
140 to 5 yards in penalties now. The official on the Mooney sideline is going to have to ice his arm after the game.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-14-18, 08:46 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,667
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Football View Post
140 to 5 yards in penalties now. The official on the Mooney sideline is going to have to ice his arm after the game.
I thought that may be the passing yardage comparison.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-14-18, 08:54 PM
Redwing Redwing is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-02-15
Posts: 587
Redwing is on a distinguished road
Most weeks Mooney just can't generate enough offense. You could remove their QB's right arm, and it wouldn't change their offensive production whatsoever.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-14-18, 09:03 PM
Football Fan 1 Football Fan 1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-21-17
Posts: 205
Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
St V 13 -Mooney 24
You might want to stick to front running and get out of the prognostication business. Your Hoban prediction from last week wasn’t much better.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-14-18, 09:12 PM
papasherm papasherm is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-07
Posts: 967
papasherm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Most weeks Mooney just can't generate enough offense. You could remove their QB's right arm, and it wouldn't change their offensive production whatsoever.
Maybe just remove the QB?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-14-18, 10:08 PM
MooneyFanatic MooneyFanatic is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-22-12
Posts: 167
MooneyFanatic is on a distinguished road
Best part of the game for me was talking to Gerry Faust and his Moeller and Notre Dame experiences. I saw his Moeller teams many times at the Rubber Bowl, wich is now being returned to mother earth. I read somewhere that he had only 26 bad days in his whole time at Notre Dame.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-15-18, 10:46 AM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,769
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyFanatic View Post
I like my Cardinals in this one. Youngstown refs will do their best. STVM will have to dominate and make it obvious to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Tongue in cheek of course! I agree though the Irish will have to prevail convincingly to get the win tonight.
Crazy how it played out on these two statements. You nailed it. Great win for the Irish at Stambaugh.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-17-18, 08:13 AM
gatorade_1 gatorade_1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-14-06
Posts: 390
gatorade_1 is on a distinguished road
Big win for the Irish! I believe this is the first win for the Irish at Stambaugh Stadium. I hadn't heard too much about the game but I am guessing their offensive line played well at the point of attack. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-17-18, 08:54 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,784
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Mooney won't win many games running the same play 40 times a game.

Over and over.

Over and over.

Especially when you are repeatedly racing to the corner on a stretch play against a fast defense like SVSM. Idiotic. The same play again and again and again.

I was impressed with the Mooney QB once they opened up the offense. He has a nice arm. By then it was too late though.

I agree the penalties were a little crazy, but you can't argue the pass interference calls. Seemed to me the Irish DBs were told to just tackle the receiver if they couldn't make a play. Especially #25 (?). I would have thrown at him all night long. He was responsible for at least 2 of them. One in the end zone. Go at him til they make a change.

Very impressed with the Irish D line. The offense was meh but the they sure got some speed.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-17-18, 04:57 PM
E-lad E-lad is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-08-12
Posts: 102
E-lad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Mooney won't win many games running the same play 40 times a game.

Over and over.

Over and over.

Especially when you are repeatedly racing to the corner on a stretch play against a fast defense like SVSM. Idiotic. The same play again and again and again.

I was impressed with the Mooney QB once they opened up the offense. He has a nice arm. By then it was too late though.

I agree the penalties were a little crazy, but you can't argue the pass interference calls. Seemed to me the Irish DBs were told to just tackle the receiver if they couldn't make a play. Especially #25 (?). I would have thrown at him all night long. He was responsible for at least 2 of them. One in the end zone. Go at him til they make a change.

Very impressed with the Irish D line. The offense was meh but the they sure got some speed.
New year...same old, dishonest, hyperbolic rhetoric.

Mooney had 71 offensive snaps. There were 47 rushing attempts, 17 of which were attributed to our quarterback. So those couldn't be the same play 40 times. That leaves 30 other rushes. Even if EVERY one of those were the same play that is still not "the same play 40 times a game".

Even the quarterback's rushing totals are inflated. He actually had only 7 true CALLED qb rushing attempts. The other ten rushes were aborted pass plays.

Therefore, of our 71 plays, 34 were called pass plays and 37 were called rushing attempts. Seems that most reasonable observers would call that breakdown - BALANCED.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Division III Schedules EagleFan Football 20 09-09-18 08:29 AM
2018 Brankman Report The Brankmen Wrestling 12 03-14-18 08:33 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz