Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-14-18, 08:33 PM
All Region

Paydirt is on a distinguished road
28-7. End of 3.
Old 09-14-18, 08:44 PM
All District

Irish Football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paydirt View Post
Penalty yards stvm 125- mooney 5. Gotta love those Youngstown refs.
140 to 5 yards in penalties now. The official on the Mooney sideline is going to have to ice his arm after the game.
Old 09-14-18, 08:46 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Football View Post
140 to 5 yards in penalties now. The official on the Mooney sideline is going to have to ice his arm after the game.
I thought that may be the passing yardage comparison.
Old 09-14-18, 08:54 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Most weeks Mooney just can't generate enough offense. You could remove their QB's right arm, and it wouldn't change their offensive production whatsoever.
Old 09-14-18, 09:03 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
St V 13 -Mooney 24
You might want to stick to front running and get out of the prognostication business. Your Hoban prediction from last week wasn’t much better.
Old 09-14-18, 09:12 PM
All Ohio

papasherm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Most weeks Mooney just can't generate enough offense. You could remove their QB's right arm, and it wouldn't change their offensive production whatsoever.
Maybe just remove the QB?
Old 09-14-18, 10:08 PM
All District

MooneyFanatic is on a distinguished road
Best part of the game for me was talking to Gerry Faust and his Moeller and Notre Dame experiences. I saw his Moeller teams many times at the Rubber Bowl, wich is now being returned to mother earth. I read somewhere that he had only 26 bad days in his whole time at Notre Dame.
Old 09-15-18, 10:46 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyFanatic View Post
I like my Cardinals in this one. Youngstown refs will do their best. STVM will have to dominate and make it obvious to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Tongue in cheek of course! I agree though the Irish will have to prevail convincingly to get the win tonight.
Crazy how it played out on these two statements. You nailed it. Great win for the Irish at Stambaugh.
Old 09-17-18, 08:13 AM
All Region

gatorade_1 is on a distinguished road
Big win for the Irish! I believe this is the first win for the Irish at Stambaugh Stadium. I hadn't heard too much about the game but I am guessing their offensive line played well at the point of attack. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Old 09-17-18, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Mooney won't win many games running the same play 40 times a game.

Over and over.

Over and over.

Especially when you are repeatedly racing to the corner on a stretch play against a fast defense like SVSM. Idiotic. The same play again and again and again.

I was impressed with the Mooney QB once they opened up the offense. He has a nice arm. By then it was too late though.

I agree the penalties were a little crazy, but you can't argue the pass interference calls. Seemed to me the Irish DBs were told to just tackle the receiver if they couldn't make a play. Especially #25 (?). I would have thrown at him all night long. He was responsible for at least 2 of them. One in the end zone. Go at him til they make a change.

Very impressed with the Irish D line. The offense was meh but the they sure got some speed.
Old 09-17-18, 04:57 PM
All District

E-lad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Mooney won't win many games running the same play 40 times a game.

Over and over.

Over and over.

Especially when you are repeatedly racing to the corner on a stretch play against a fast defense like SVSM. Idiotic. The same play again and again and again.

I was impressed with the Mooney QB once they opened up the offense. He has a nice arm. By then it was too late though.

I agree the penalties were a little crazy, but you can't argue the pass interference calls. Seemed to me the Irish DBs were told to just tackle the receiver if they couldn't make a play. Especially #25 (?). I would have thrown at him all night long. He was responsible for at least 2 of them. One in the end zone. Go at him til they make a change.

Very impressed with the Irish D line. The offense was meh but the they sure got some speed.
New year...same old, dishonest, hyperbolic rhetoric.

Mooney had 71 offensive snaps. There were 47 rushing attempts, 17 of which were attributed to our quarterback. So those couldn't be the same play 40 times. That leaves 30 other rushes. Even if EVERY one of those were the same play that is still not "the same play 40 times a game".

Even the quarterback's rushing totals are inflated. He actually had only 7 true CALLED qb rushing attempts. The other ten rushes were aborted pass plays.

Therefore, of our 71 plays, 34 were called pass plays and 37 were called rushing attempts. Seems that most reasonable observers would call that breakdown - BALANCED.