Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins the conference?
Bethel 1 3.45%
Covington 3 10.34%
Fort Loramie 14 48.28%
Miami East 7 24.14%
Other 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-18, 07:06 PM
Junior Varsity

coldelis74 is on a distinguished road
32-0 Covington. This is what I was talking about previously. Covington has played stiff competition. Now they get to the CCC and this is what happens a lot lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-18, 07:43 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldelis74 View Post
They would be. Lol. Who knows maybe. West Milton should too. Along with northridge and Dixie too.

Sure. May happen
Old 09-14-18, 07:48 PM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Fort Loramie 14
Miami East 7
3rd Qtr
Old 09-14-18, 08:00 PM
All Region

Fort Loramie 21
Miami East 7
4th Qtr
Old 09-14-18, 08:16 PM
All Region

Fort Loramie with a convincing 21-7 over Miami East tonight
Old 09-14-18, 08:54 PM
Freshman

Atowntigers is on a distinguished road
Ansonia 28 Bethel 19 Big Win for the Tigers!!
Old 09-14-18, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Congrats to FL!
Old 09-14-18, 09:25 PM
Varsity

Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowntigers View Post
Ansonia 28 Bethel 19 Big Win for the Tigers!!
Squandering 14 points on 2 possessions inside the 10 yd line and not getting anything would have made this almost a blowout if we would have played to win instead of not to lose.
Old 09-14-18, 10:22 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHS View Post
So you have Covington beating Miami East but losing to TCN? Do you actual watch CCC football? Handis down Miami East and Fort Loramie are the best 2 teams in the League this year. Covington doesn’t play Fort Loramie so they dodge that bullet. But TCN and Bethel will give them all that they can handle. Miami East will beat them easily.

Not sure how Bethel hurt themselves by winning. No style points for HS. Watching to much FBS my friend. Plus TC only won by 14 but hand a much closer game with DC than Bethel did. This is why we play the games!!
I likely have been watching CCC football since before you were born. First game I remember going to was a Bethel game. I recall well their two seasons without scoring a point in the early 70's, when they were in the Three Rivers Conference.

Now as to how only winning by three hurts them, it was the level of competition they were playing. Winning helps them gain computer points, but I was looking at the bigger picture. Bethel will likely finish middle of the pack in the CCC, I think tonight's game showed that.

Pretty sure I said Covington would be a toss up game with TCN, and I think they stand a decent shot at knocking off Miami East. Will they, maybe not, but remember it is their number one rival and motivation counts for quite a bit in football.

I was not the least bit surprised Ft Loramie handled East as well as they did, I have scouted both and my eyes told me Loramie could stop East on the run. How many yards did East gain tonight?

For me my job is done here this year, I will now be following MAC teams from here on out. Good luck to everyone in the CCC.
Old 09-14-18, 10:30 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
When was the last time Mississinawa Valley started 3-1?
Old 09-14-18, 10:37 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
When was the last time Mississinawa Valley started 3-1?
They went 7-3 back in the early 90's with Curtis Ennis as a one man wrecking crew. That is to my knowledge the best record they ever posted.

Last edited by D4fan; 09-14-18 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Wrong date for one good year of Mississinawa football
Old 09-14-18, 11:03 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
They went 7-3 back in the early mid 80's with Curtis Ennis as a one man wrecking crew. That is to my knowledge the best record they ever posted.
Enis was there in early 90's. He was drafted by the bears in 1998.
Old 09-14-18, 11:42 PM
All World

Quote:
Ordinarily I would agree with you. But I strongly believe that East is more disciplined than Loramie across the board and east will simply grind away time and they will average 4 yards a play with the offensive line they have.

Will they be able to stop Loramies speed? I think so whole heartedly. Loramie has two speed backs? And theyíre receiving core isnít as strong as it usually is but it still tough

East coaches own words "They took away our outside jet (sweep)" Troy Daily News.

From the article passing yards Ft Loramie 212, East 15

Rushing- no totals were given but East was held somewhere around 120 for their three best backs combined.

Loramies speed combined with a spread offense was too much for East. I know Kirtland still uses the option, but few great teams do. When your line can't dominate at every spot the option loses its appeal.
Old 09-15-18, 01:36 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
East coaches own words "They took away our outside jet (sweep)" Troy Daily News.

From the article passing yards Ft Loramie 212, East 15

Rushing- no totals were given but East was held somewhere around 120 for their three best backs combined.

Loramies speed combined with a spread offense was too much for East. I know Kirtland still uses the option, but few great teams do. When your line can't dominate at every spot the option loses its appeal.

Way to go Loramie.

Old 09-15-18, 07:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
They are the real deal.
Ya see there? What a class post. Miami East is the real deal. So are the Redskins. The whole CCC is much better.
My first game, I remember very well, was Milton Union vs Northmont in 1971. I was 5 years old and can still hear the crowd. Bethel was terrible back then and made the national news. Yeah, I'm that old too D4fan.
Old 09-15-18, 09:18 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Ya see there? What a class post. Miami East is the real deal. So are the Redskins. The whole CCC is much better.
My first game, I remember very well, was Milton Union vs Northmont in 1971. I was 5 years old and can still hear the crowd. Bethel was terrible back then and made the national news. Yeah, I'm that old too D4fan.

Lol I agree the CCC is much better with them. But are they better off in the CCC.

I saw some scores that shocked me last night. I did think East was going to beat Loramie. Did it shock me that that went the other way? No it didnít. I didnít call that one right.

Covington however made a team stacked with Seniors and talent look like fools. So they are now 1-3.

Once again the CCC is so weird and the skill and coaching between the teams is so vast that you could literally not guess the game to game results every week.

South beating Trail last night blew me out of the water. After having seen South. Someone actually getting beat by them is astounding. But Trail beat another team in the CCC. That is truly terrifying.

The sad thing is I see these teams stacked with talent. STACKED. One of those things where I would like to see some coaches I have known like Rocky patchin or Sid Otton or Randy Swilley take these teams and see what they could do.

Old 09-15-18, 10:46 AM
All Yappi

Covington is a dangerous team. They are very good but played a crazy tough schedule. These teams, including Ansonia, could compete with alot of teams.
Fort L is a MAC team competing in the CCC. Covington is close. Miami East is still a good team. Very good.
Overall, the CCC is better than the SWBL outside of Bellbrook and Madison. Those two are levels above FL and Miami East. Covington as well.
Old 09-15-18, 10:48 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Covington is a dangerous team. They are very good but played a crazy tough schedule. These teams, including Ansonia, could compete with alot of teams.
Fort L is a MAC team competing in the CCC. Covington is close. Miami East is still a good team. Very good.
Overall, the CCC is better than the SWBL outside of Bellbrook and Madison. Those two are levels above FL and Miami East. Covington as well.

I would have to disagree. However if you donít mind giving me your opinion and time would you mind telling me what teams in the SWBL would lose to CCC teams? I mean overall from the top down. I mean Brookville seems to be alright. They will probably go 7-3?

Old 09-15-18, 02:58 PM
All Region

tvsfan
>>From the article passing yards Ft Loramie 212, East 15

>>Rushing- no totals were given but East was held somewhere around 120 for their three >>best backs combined.

Yep, as I mentioned before the game, you need to have a balanced attack to advance in the playoffs. A strong run game can get you to the playoffs in the CCC. But sooner or later you will run into someone that can stop the run. But having a passing game really helps in the post season.
Old 09-15-18, 06:36 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
The best thing to happen to the CCC was the addition of Fort Loramie. Loramie under Wells actually runs a 21st century offense and maybe other CCC teams will follow suit.
Old 09-16-18, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I would have to disagree. However if you donít mind giving me your opinion and time would you mind telling me what teams in the SWBL would lose to CCC teams? I mean overall from the top down. I mean Brookville seems to be alright. They will probably go 7-3?

Northridge, Milton, Carlisle, Shawnee, Dixie, Eaton, Monroe, Brookville, Franklin, Oakwood.. Brookville would get clocked by FL, Miami East, or Covington.
Franklin would lose to Fort Loramie, maybe East.
Milton lost to East, badly. FL, Covington, East, Ansonia would all beat any SWBL mentioned. I think Fort Loramie could beat anyone but Bellbrook and Madison. Maybe Valley View.
Old 09-16-18, 08:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Northridge, Milton, Carlisle, Shawnee, Dixie, Eaton, Monroe, Brookville, Franklin, Oakwood.. Brookville would get clocked by FL, Miami East, or Covington.
Franklin would lose to Fort Loramie, maybe East.
Milton lost to East, badly. FL, Covington, East, Ansonia would all beat any SWBL mentioned. I think Fort Loramie could beat anyone but Bellbrook and Madison. Maybe Valley View.

You know after seeing the Dixie and Carlisle score. I think you are right. And I saw a little bit of eaton. Wow.

Old 09-17-18, 07:40 AM
All Yappi

Just a down year for the SWBL. High school football is cyclical due to talent.
Next two or three years will be back to normal
Old 09-17-18, 05:14 PM
All American

What are Bradfords #'s currently?
Old 09-17-18, 06:49 PM
Varsity

Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
We had team breakfast for our boys Saturday morning. They said 12 players. Not sure how accurate that is but the players usually have inside information
Old 09-17-18, 06:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
We had team breakfast for our boys Saturday morning. They said 12 players. Not sure how accurate that is but the players usually have inside information

I tip my hat to them then. To make it to week 5 with 12. Those boys probably have more heart than a lot of boys on other teams.

Old 09-17-18, 06:59 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
I certainly have to give them credit for trying but I guarantee they'll be forfeiting some games. I cant imagine only having 1 player on the sideline.
Old 09-17-18, 07:15 PM
All Yappi

My Freshman year at Milton we had 12 on the team. Undefeated baby!
We kicked butt.
Old 09-18-18, 07:43 AM
Freshman

LetsGoBig is on a distinguished road
Well another week of the CCC and it is what we all thought it was from August.

Three Tiers:
Fort Loramie- watch out CCC i heard FL is loaded all the way down to their JH programs. I heard they are the only CCC school playing a 7th and 8th grade schedules. That is valuable for the future.

2. Miami East

3. Covington/Ansonia?????

EVERYONE ELSE

FL was very solid and sound on Friday. Miami East really struggled all night long, and you could tell Fort Loramie had superior athletes and speed at every position.

With the win FL will finish 9-1 and it was a huge win as they should finish #1 in their region and avoid Minster and Crestview. If that happens they should have a great shot at making it to week 13.

Miami East will finish 9-1 as well, tough loss, i think the CCC originals were pulling for the Vikings, no one likes to see the new kids on the block have success.

Covington will finish 6-4, I don't see them beating Miami East

We will find more out about Ansonia friday nigth as they go to FL. My bet is the Tigers get beat by 20+, but we will see.

one final question, how bad is the bottom half of the CCC? As much as I want to see CCC teams succeed in the playoffs, how is it possible when the final 6 games of the schedule for the Redskins will be running clock and 40+ point victories. ME has the same problem outside of Covington. Its hard to win so many games by 40+ and turn it on for the playoffs again, i would say its almost impossible.
Old 09-18-18, 07:46 AM
All Region

After four weeks, the only projected CCC teams according to Drew Pasteur:

D5R18
6. Miami East

D7R28
1. Fort Loramie
5. Ansonia