Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-18, 08:12 PM
All District

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, please no more lol or hahaha.Uh I give you win.
There you go ...lets move along now ...
Old 09-12-18, 08:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Most definitely a woman if not the Sr QBs mom.

Out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously you have no more to add...I will take that as your concession speech...
Old 09-13-18, 01:26 PM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
When you say parents are too much involved do you mean the coaches that are parents ...lol....the parents I know told me about the family ties ...I know Matt Centers dad coaches on the D...but no one in there right mind would say Centers is playing because his dad is coach...Some of the same with Ryan Russell whose dad is a coach ...he does a good job at WR...
Woods dad is a coach too...This may be uncomfortable to talk about in the open but people sure are behind the scenes ..Many felt the Sr didn't get a totally fair chance in preseason and the competition was very close ...Woods was returning starter so he got the starting job ...I see nothing wrong with that ...BUT...he didn't get it done ...now the Sr has performed very well in live action without much playing time even in practice ...NOW we will see if Childers gives the kid a shot he has earned ...and I'm not the kids mom or dad or uncle and so on ...It is just obvious ...lets see what happens ..

Welcome to high school sports, the pecking order for opportunities is as follows:

Coach's Kids
Teacher Kids
Faculty relatives
School admin/board member kids
School district employee kids
Alumni Kids
"His dad donated a bunch of money" kids and kids' his friends
"his sibling was good" Kids
everyone else

No different at any school or any school program.
Old 09-13-18, 07:21 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Welcome to high school sports, the pecking order for opportunities is as follows:

Coach's Kids
Teacher Kids
Faculty relatives
School admin/board member kids
School district employee kids
Alumni Kids
"His dad donated a bunch of money" kids and kids' his friends
"his sibling was good" Kids
everyone else

No different at any school or any school program.
Great point ...lol
It is sad to think there is some truth to this ...but it does look like it does happen far too often ...but the kids do get to decide how they want to react to this type of nonsense ...could make them a little bitter or a whole lot better adult when they see it for what it is later in life ...
How many of these kids go pro ....less than 1 % ??? I feel sorry for the kids that get the job they didn't deserve ...they will have the problem latter in life when they have to compete and win
Old 09-14-18, 09:08 AM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
Great point ...lol
It is sad to think there is some truth to this ...but it does look like it does happen far too often ...but the kids do get to decide how they want to react to this type of nonsense ...could make them a little bitter or a whole lot better adult when they see it for what it is later in life ...
How many of these kids go pro ....less than 1 % ??? I feel sorry for the kids that get the job they didn't deserve ...they will have the problem latter in life when they have to compete and win
The kids know and even the chosen ones joke about it. I've seen a lot of great athletes walk away because they know the pecking order and don't want to put the work in because they know it doesn't matter. Also, it depletes the programs because kids realize they don't have to work hard to earn a spot. I've seen it at both public and private schools and sometimes its absolutely embarrassing. This happens not only in sports but in school education programs as well. It gets even more embarrassing when they're one of the mediocre or lower level players on the team and the coach has hand them a conference award and then try to downplay to the parent that they have no influence on who gets the award. Its pitiful to watch at times.
Old 09-14-18, 03:13 PM
Junior Varsity

FootballFreak02 is on a distinguished road
Couple hours away from seeing if the franklin secondary is ready to face a team that wants to throw the ball a little bit. Hopefully they have work on some technique and fundamentals because in the last three games I saw none.

Last edited by FootballFreak02; 09-14-18 at 03:45 PM.