Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-10-18, 07:53 AM
All Region

BoltsFan06 is on a distinguished road
Week 4: Northmont (3-0) vs. Vandalia Butler (2-1)

It is rivalry week in Vandalia as they host the Bolts Thursday night in a backyard battle. Hopefully the Bolts don't get caught looking ahead to a huge game at Wayne in week 5 and take care of the Aviators. I imagine this one is over early, but it is a rivalry game on Thursday night...you never know.

Bolts - 42
Aviators - 14
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-18, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
About the same score as the Tipp game.

Northmont 31
Butler 14
Old 09-10-18, 05:02 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
I just don’t get why teams like Butler and Tipp get into a series like this with Northmont. There are DIII programs that could compete but Butler is just not there yet. Would have rather seen them play a more manageable game to improve their playoff chances. Butler will get overwhelmed and hopefully they can get out without sustaining major injuries. I think this ends up 49-20.
Old 09-10-18, 06:14 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
They are in the same league. It's a crossover games. League decided it
Old 09-10-18, 06:19 PM
All Ohio

NHS82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
They are in the same league. It's a crossover games. League decided it
Pretty sure the mandatory crossover games were removed. I think these were scheduled when there was still a mandate and unless both teams agree and can fill the game with another opponent, they have to play them. Schedules are made years in advance which makes it difficult to change as all teams schedule pretty much the same way
Old 09-10-18, 06:21 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHS82 View Post
Pretty sure the mandatory crossover games were removed. I think these were scheduled when there was still a mandate and unless both teams agree and can fill the game with another opponent, they have to play them. Schedules are made years in advance which makes it difficult to change as all teams schedule pretty much the same way
Uh, massacre.
Old 09-13-18, 05:45 PM
All Region

Northmont won the toss and deferred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-18, 06:10 PM
All Region

2-0 Bolts with the opening drive safety.

Old 09-13-18, 06:16 PM
All Region

4 play touchdown drive for Northmont. 9-0 Bolts.

Old 09-13-18, 06:33 PM
All Region

16-0 Bolts. 0:50 left in the 1st QTR.

Old 09-13-18, 06:47 PM
All Region

Butler drives and scores. 2 point conversion no good. 16-6 Bolts. 6:59 2nd QTR

Old 09-13-18, 06:53 PM
All Region

Northmont answers quickly with another score. 23-6 Bolts!

Old 09-13-18, 07:01 PM
All Region

Northmont blocks a Butler punt and quickly scores again but fumbles pat snap. 29-6 Bolts with 2:54 left in the 1st half.

Old 09-13-18, 07:14 PM
All Region

Northmont scores again to go up 36-6 just before the half.

Old 09-13-18, 07:40 PM
All Region

Northmont gets the ball to start the second half with a running clock!

Old 09-13-18, 07:54 PM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
The running clock is really going to make the 2nd half fly by. Northmont could probably score at will if they wanted to, but will be limited just because of the clock.

It's 43-6 now with under 2 minutes in the 3rd.
Old 09-13-18, 07:55 PM
All Region

Long bomb for the Northmont score. 43-6 Bolts. 2:09 left in the 3rd QTR.

Old 09-13-18, 08:06 PM
All Region

Butler scores on a nice pass. 43-13 Bolts.

Old 09-13-18, 08:18 PM
All Region

Butler kicks a field goal after a Northmont fumble.43-16. Running clock off. 1:27

Old 09-13-18, 08:20 PM
All Region

Final score 43-16 Northmont.

Old 09-14-18, 06:32 AM
All Ohio

The tone was set pretty early in this one. Between being out sized and out manned Butler self destructed early and lost any chance of keeping it close. This was once a great rivalry but the schools are no longer similar as they used to be. Northmont has grown and Butler has gotten smaller or remained the same in size at best. Like I said before no reason these teams should be playing in football. Instead of playing Northmont a significantly larger school Butler should have been playing a DII or DIII. With likely losses to Xenia and Troy ahead Butler will need to beat Greenville, Piqua, Sidney and Tipp and hope 6-4 will get them in the playoffs.
Old 09-14-18, 06:48 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
The tone was set pretty early in this one. Between being out sized and out manned Butler self destructed early and lost any chance of keeping it close. This was once a great rivalry but the schools are no longer similar as they used to be. Northmont has grown and Butler has gotten smaller or remained the same in size at best. Like I said before no reason these teams should be playing in football. Instead of playing Northmont a significantly larger school Butler should have been playing a DII or DIII. With likely losses to Xenia and Troy ahead Butler will need to beat Greenville, Piqua, Sidney and Tipp and hope 6-4 will get them in the playoffs.
Their is a difference of 274 boys between Northmont and Butler, their is a difference of 590 boys between St. X and Pick Central, does that mean PC would have no chance against St. X. Last week D- 6 Independence def. D - 1 Cleveland john Rhodes which has an enrollment of over 800 boys. I am sure Alter a D- 3 school would be happy to play Butler or are Catholic schools off the list as well.
Old 09-14-18, 07:37 AM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Their is a difference of 274 boys between Northmont and Butler, their is a difference of 590 boys between St. X and Pick Central, does that mean PC would have no chance against St. X. Last week D- 6 Independence def. D - 1 Cleveland john Rhodes which has an enrollment of over 800 boys. I am sure Alter a D- 3 school would be happy to play Butler or are Catholic schools off the list as well.
I agree with you. The people who keep bringing up the "smaller schools vs. bigger schools shouldn't happen" argument need to do a little more research. Does having a bigger enrollment increase the likelihood of having better athletes? Yes. But, does it guarantee that? Absolutely not. There are years in which plenty of D3 schools would benefit from playing a D1 opponent. Of course there will be some games that end up like this, but should that mean we completely segregate divisions and not let them play each other? It's an easy answer.
Old 09-14-18, 07:53 AM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Like I said before no reason these teams should be playing in football.
I agree and without being derogatory towards these schools, playing Butler and Tipp does nothing to get us ready for teams like Pick Central and Wayne. Although...the Aviator's first half scoring drive was fun to watch....our defense evacuated the center of the field so the Butler QB just tucked it and took off to keep the drive going. He then finished the drive by running through 2 tacklers to score. The kid sees the field and makes quick decisions. On our side, Miles showed some nice touch on his throws, which we'll need plenty of next week. Good luck to the Aviator's the rest of the way.
Old 09-14-18, 08:12 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah4everything View Post
I agree and without being derogatory towards these schools, playing Butler and Tipp does nothing to get us ready for teams like Pick Central and Wayne. Although...the Aviator's first half scoring drive was fun to watch....our defense evacuated the center of the field so the Butler QB just tucked it and took off to keep the drive going. He then finished the drive by running through 2 tacklers to score. The kid sees the field and makes quick decisions. On our side, Miles showed some nice touch on his throws, which we'll need plenty of next week. Good luck to the Aviator's the rest of the way.

I agree here big time! We have a nearly untested 4-0 team heading into Wayne. I am really interested in the Wayne - Miamisburg game tonight.
Old 09-14-18, 09:01 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Not saying itís just a school size thing but when you have a team full of great athletes probably 80+ kids to Butler who has 46 dressed including freshman itís going to be hard to compete. In this case itís the caliber of team. Northmont is a solid big school and Butler is a mediocre at best ďbig DIIIĒ. It feels like a middle of the pack Sun Belt team playing a decent power five school.
Old 09-14-18, 09:04 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah4everything View Post
Agreed. Bolts are too good and athletic to play Butler and Tipp. There are DIII teams that could keep it closer. (Alter/Trotwood) Was very impressed with how easy the Bolts offense made it look. Will be interesting to see how things go in division play. Wish them the best.
Old 09-14-18, 11:57 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Tipp and Butler as about as even as you can be when it comes to size of the school, number of players and talent. And not only In just football but across all sports Tipp and Butler are just about even. Wilmington is a good team for Butler to play, an occasional D3 playoff team, just as Bellbrook is for Tipp. But playing Northmont last year when one team has over 80 kids and Tipp has about 40 is just uncalled for. With having 9 league games next year in the new conference I hope Butler can somehow get Wilmington as their first game, if they don’t already have one, an Tipp keeps Bellbrook. As that gives both teams a strong out of conference matchup that they can realistically compete in
Old 09-14-18, 01:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Tipp and Butler as about as even as you can be when it comes to size of the school, number of players and talent. And not only In just football but across all sports Tipp and Butler are just about even. Wilmington is a good team for Butler to play, an occasional D3 playoff team, just as Bellbrook is for Tipp. But playing Northmont last year when one team has over 80 kids and Tipp has about 40 is just uncalled for. With having 9 league games next year in the new conference I hope Butler can somehow get Wilmington as their first game, if they donít already have one, an Tipp keeps Bellbrook. As that gives both teams a strong out of conference matchup that they can realistically compete in
Agree 100%