Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-07-18, 09:21 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
The Pride of Ohio

Yes, he's from Columbus. No, it's not Urban and it's not the Buckeyes, Will Trapp, USMNT. O-H
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-18, 10:13 PM
Varsity

concreek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Toe View Post
Yes, he's from Columbus. No, it's not Urban and it's not the Buckeyes, Will Trapp, USMNT. O-H
Did someone ask the question? I'm a Will Trapp fan but man we looked rec league against Brazil tonight.
Old 09-08-18, 07:36 AM
All Ohio

Playing a very young and inexperienced squad, I thought we did well and created some real chances. Looking forward to a large number of these players getting into the top 11 in the near future.
Old 09-11-18, 07:58 AM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Playing a very young and inexperienced squad, I thought we did well and created some real chances. Looking forward to a large number of these players getting into the top 11 in the near future.
Don't take this wrong, but did you feed into the media's spewing of this?

Brazil had a very similar age to them. Coutinho, Neymar, and Firmino are basically the same age as Trapp and Bobby Wood. Brazil had numerous 21-23 year olds, just like the USMNT. "Inexperienced," yes, and that is basically the fault of the USNT system rarely giving young players opportunities.

Klinsmann started the trend, but was early rejected -- especially after leaving Donovan home during Brazil 2014. Bob Bradley and Arena rarely give young players chances. Early on, Sarachan was similar at the beginning. The inexperience also comes into play with the refusal to play young Americans in MLS and USL. They aren't given the opportunities to show themselves and grow their level FOR the NT. It's sad.

Hopefully a better showing tonight during Mexico friendly.
Old 09-11-18, 11:19 AM
All Ohio

I don't take it wrong but No ... I just looked at the line up and from a USMNT, it was like who's he. Even with Trapp and Bobby Wood, what player was established at the USMNT?
Old 09-11-18, 12:09 PM
Varsity

3343 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't take it wrong but No ... I just looked at the line up and from a USMNT, it was like who's he. Even with Trapp and Bobby Wood, what player was established at the USMNT?
If I recall correctly from the broadcast Yedlin was the only player with over 50 caps.
Old 09-11-18, 12:13 PM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Established is different than young.

Yes, there were few established players, simply because USSF has not done a good job of pushing young players into higher playing opportunities (professionally or internationally).

The media has thrown around "young"/"youth" with this friendly roster a lot. That's a scapegoat, in my opinion. The rest of the world, especially those that want to compete internationally, has done a great job of identifying and promoting "young" players in club and country. Why do countries like the Netherlands or Italy fall out of the World Cup, like they did? Some of it falls back on the lack of young talent coming through and getting their shot internationally.

With the US players, not getting opportunities playing high level professional soccer, they'll never be ready for the international stage. We simply cannot rely on MLS preparing the players for the stage necessary. We definitely cannot rely on MLS getting young players opportunities to play either. I would imagine that US pro soccer has some of the "oldest" players (average age of players playing) across the world -- this includes USL too.
Old 09-11-18, 01:30 PM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think he is speaking about the YOUNG aspect.

US field players age - Brazil field players age
Wood 25 Firmino 26
Trapp 25 Neymar 26
Yedlin 25 Costa 27
Miazga 23 Coutinho 26
Brooks 25 Fred 25
Robinson 21 Casemiro 26
Green 23 Silva 33
Arriola 23 Marquinhos 24
Adams 19 Fabinho 24
Mckennie 20 Luis 33

Now minus a 19 year old for the US and two 33 year old for Brazil. They are pretty much the same age. Sure, you say, but we are missing Pulisic(19). Well add him in... and STILL, this is the team both countries have for the next two World Cups! Eight-ish years?!

Players at top club teams...
Brazil
3- Liverpool, 3- PSG, 2- Man U, 2- Barcelona, 2- Juventus, 1- Real Madrid, 1- Athletico Madrid, 1- Chelsea, 1- Valencia, 1- Everton
US
1- Newcastle, 1- PSG (Weah who was a sub), 1-Hannover, 1- Dortmund(if you count Pulisic who wasn't there)

Who will get better training and play against better competition?

Take the keepers for instance, Steffen 23 for US plays for the Crew 4 caps, Allison 25 plays for Liverpool 32 caps already. Which is probably going to be better over the next 8 years?

The US is probably not going to be a top international team any time soon. I can't predict the future... but pretty sure I wouldn't bet money on them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: