Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-04-18, 08:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Pitchperfect is on a distinguished road
Scores for 9-4

Anything or any players standing out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-18, 08:34 PM
All District

Zgerman is on a distinguished road
Elks over Lakota East 8-1
Old 09-04-18, 09:52 PM
Varsity

Bigeast15 is on a distinguished road
Turpin 3
West 0
Old 09-05-18, 07:31 AM
All American

Gview
Dayton Christian 1, Cincinnati Country Day 0
Old 09-05-18, 09:16 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
The Lakota's sure seem to be struggling. Are we starting to see the impact of DA soccer?
Old 09-05-18, 11:23 AM
Junior Varsity

Pitchperfect is on a distinguished road
Not in this area. When the OE / CUP debacle lost SW Ohioís DA team that was one of the worst displays of a power play Iíve ever seen and who got hurt as always the players in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-18, 01:00 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
The Lakota's sure seem to be struggling. Are we starting to see the impact of DA soccer?
Cinci DA is too new to be of impact. The entire GMC is suffering because of one thing... The end of the McGinley era. The '99s were the last of them.
Old 09-05-18, 01:17 PM
All American

I still get the impression that many of the top players are not playing HS soccer.
Old 09-05-18, 01:41 PM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
I still get the impression that many of the top players are not playing HS soccer.
Which players?
Old 09-05-18, 02:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
Which players?
Good question! I might be old.... but even MW is back at St. X.... Cinci CDA is 14 year olds (too soon to miss them) and I only know of one area player at Crew.
Old 09-05-18, 04:48 PM
All American

I know there are at least four Cincinnati kids on U16/17 team. One for sure on the U18 team. A few not playing to focus on college recruiting/development.

You are correct CDA is U15 so they would have to be fab freshman.
Old 09-06-18, 03:50 PM
Freshman

Bearcatxz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Cinci DA is too new to be of impact. The entire GMC is suffering because of one thing... The end of the McGinley era. The '99s were the last of them.
With all due respect, Iím sure heís a quality coach and heís known as a legend in England but to suggest that the quality of soccer in the GMC is a function of him not coaching any longer is crazy. I know a number of local kids that garnered all-state honors over the past couple years and they were not disciples of his coaching - kids that were Ď98 & Ď99. I think LW will turn their season around and will have a respectable record come the end of the year as theyíve got a lot of seniors.
Old 09-06-18, 08:17 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatxz View Post
With all due respect, Iím sure heís a quality coach and heís known as a legend in England but to suggest that the quality of soccer in the GMC is a function of him not coaching any longer is crazy. I know a number of local kids that garnered all-state honors over the past couple years and they were not disciples of his coaching - kids that were Ď98 & Ď99. I think LW will turn their season around and will have a respectable record come the end of the year as theyíve got a lot of seniors.
With all due respect. It was his work as DOC. Every age benefited and it was centered in the heart of the GMC. If you think the landscape hasn't changed, we can't agree. If you think it's the same club.... We shouldn't agree.
Old 09-06-18, 10:34 PM
Freshman

Bearcatxz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
With all due respect. It was his work as DOC. Every age benefited and it was centered in the heart of the GMC. If you think the landscape hasn't changed, we can't agree. If you think it's the same club.... We shouldn't agree.
Of course the whole Cincinnati soccer world revolves around CUP....their people are the only ones that can develop players in this region? I can attest they are in fact not....come high school itís the destination club but IMO most fundamentals are developed prior to 14 and lots of kid participate with other clubs prior to high school. Iím not disagreeing with your assessment but Iím thinking the causes are much more complex than one guy.
Old 09-07-18, 07:59 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatxz View Post
Of course the whole Cincinnati soccer world revolves around CUP....their people are the only ones that can develop players in this region? I can attest they are in fact not....come high school itís the destination club but IMO most fundamentals are developed prior to 14 and lots of kid participate with other clubs prior to high school. Iím not disagreeing with your assessment but Iím thinking the causes are much more complex than one guy.
I'll give you that my statement casts a pretty wide net. I didn't mean to imply that NO training was available elsewhere, or that NO players could possibly have been developed elsewhere. I am however speaking to the prolific numbers that the old organization supplied over many years. It made the conference stronger in general. I feel that those days are passed now and to happgolucky's point, the CDA will begin to make a hole at the top end of the talent pool.

Also I had no idea so many area 15/16s were at Crew.... as I suspected, I'm getting old.
Old 09-07-18, 08:20 AM
All American

The other issue is no one school is capturing the lions share of players. (i.e. Summit, GMC schools) and I wonder if the high demands of U12-U14 is causing the number of kids participating in club soccer to drop. High school teams are built on keeping a couple of All-Stars- (top kids) and having a cast of capable MRL type players to support.

Last year for example Mason had three top level kids (D1 talent) not play. It impacts the team. Also, LW has a key player injured this season.

I wonder if the combination of depth and kids spread out has an impact or maybe it is just cyclical. Heck Moeller/Princeton used to dominate Football.
Old 09-07-18, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Sat through an 18-0 game last night.... sigh

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: