Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-11-19, 11:46 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Big ten Hoops

I'd like to get a thread starter on big ten hoops. I know it's not the best conference in the county, but it's generally pretty competitive and there should be alot of folks in the Yappi group that are fans of big ten schools. I'm a Hoosier.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-19, 11:53 AM
All World

So far I'd say the Hoosiers are pretty much what I thought they'd be. A fairly young team in that other than Juwan Morgan and Zack McRoberts, it's pretty much freshmen and sophomores.
Unfortunately this team has been beset with the injury bug. Starting point guard Rob Phinesee has been out for a few weeks with a concussion and doesn't appear to be back anytime soon. Jake Forrester is out, D'Ron Davis is slowed by an ankle and Race Thompson, who was expected to contribute has been out all season.
So Archie has somehow been able to smoke and mirrors the Hoosiers to a respectable 12-3, largely on the shoulders of Morgan and freshman phenom Romeo Langford. The bad news for Hoosier fans is that our two best players will be with us for a couple of months, then likely be gone. Morgan is a senior, Romeo is likely headed to the NBA.

I think right now, Michigan and Michigan State are heads and shoulders above the class in the big ten.
Old 01-15-19, 02:48 PM
All World

The big ten is shaping up into a big two, a pretty darn good 6-7 and then the bottom. IU got drilled last night by a Nebraska team that's quietly put together a good season. They have 3 seniors who I'd put up against alot of teams.

That said IU generally doesn't lose much at home.
Old 01-18-19, 11:26 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Michigan gets past Wisconsin on the road tomorrow but I expect them to lose at IU next Friday. IU got unlucky with foul trouble early on in Ann Arbor and fell behind by a lot, but when they had their best players on the court for longer stretches later in the game they had the look of a very strong team.