Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-07-18, 08:50 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Posts: 9,695
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaney620 View Post
I still donít get how schools with less than 700 students is considered D1 against school that have over a 1000 plus students. Why canít the state go to additional divisions like football


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
probably because, sadly, I don't think anyone at the OHSAA cares about soccer
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 03-07-18, 09:28 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,533
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Well soccer has less teams participating than basketball which has 4 divisions.

Maybe one more division in soccer is warranted. I am not sure.

But we don't need 7 like football.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-07-18, 09:40 AM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 387
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaney620 View Post
I still donít get how schools with less than 700 students is considered D1 against school that have over a 1000 plus students. Why canít the state go to additional divisions like football


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need to water it down even more? There's roughly 100-120 teams in each division, right?

Should there be divisions for each 100 students? 50 students? What makes it "fair?"
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-07-18, 10:23 AM
CincyIllinifan CincyIllinifan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-08
Location: Mason
Posts: 567
CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
We need to water it down even more? There's roughly 100-120 teams in each division, right?

Should there be divisions for each 100 students? 50 students? What makes it "fair?"
According to the current OHSAA alignment for boys soccer, the 3 divisions are set up as follows:

D1 = 191 365 and above
D2 = 192 200-364
D3 = 192 199 and below

In looking at divisions for most other sports (non football or wrestling) it looks like the OHSAA tries to keep each division to no more than approximately 200-205 schools, so boys soccer is in line with this. Unless boys soccer suddenly grows by another 40+ teams, I donít think theyíll add another division.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-07-18, 10:32 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,533
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Football is around 100 teams per division. I think that is what belied dat meant.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-07-18, 12:06 PM
Gview Gview is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-31-02
Posts: 1,084
Gview
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIllinifan View Post
According to the current OHSAA alignment for boys soccer, the 3 divisions are set up as follows:

D1 = 191 365 and above
D2 = 192 200-364
D3 = 192 199 and below

In looking at divisions for most other sports (non football or wrestling) it looks like the OHSAA tries to keep each division to no more than approximately 200-205 schools, so boys soccer is in line with this. Unless boys soccer suddenly grows by another 40+ teams, I don’t think they’ll add another division.
I'm pretty sure the requirement for 4 divisions is 700 teams.

The requirement for 3 divisions was 500. Both girls and boys were slightly under when the OHSAA granted a "waiver" to drop the 500 team requirement.

Boys Golf is at 646 and still at 3 divisions.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-07-18, 01:28 PM
CincyIllinifan CincyIllinifan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-08
Location: Mason
Posts: 567
CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gview View Post
I'm pretty sure the requirement for 4 divisions is 700 teams.

The requirement for 3 divisions was 500. Both girls and boys were slightly under when the OHSAA granted a "waiver" to drop the 500 team requirement.

Boys Golf is at 646 and still at 3 divisions.
Youíre probably right - I just checked a few, and most seemed around 200 and below per divisions.

I just looked at all sports, and boys track and field has 690 teams in 3 divisions!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-08-18, 11:00 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Posts: 9,695
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Well soccer has less teams participating than basketball which has 4 divisions.

Maybe one more division in soccer is warranted. I am not sure.

But we don't need 7 like football.
Football is the outlier because of the crazy amount of complaining folks do about recruiting by privates and open enrollment schools.

As if that doesn't go on in other sports.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 270 06-15-18 05:52 AM
2018 Elite Boys High School Invitational (Powered by Nike) LE Hawks Boys Soccer 4 04-11-18 12:01 PM
OAC Grade School District at Oregon Clay HS January 14, 2018 jarhead2 Wrestling 5 01-11-18 09:03 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz