Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-18, 01:47 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I don't get how you can call Blatt a sh*t coach
Because he did a terrible job in Cleveland, embarrassing himself multiple times including the aforementioned Chris Webber-esque timeout attempt, trying to have Lebron be the inbounder with 1 second left in a playoff game, etc.

Seems like the rest of the NBA saw the same thing. Since rather than getting another shot as a head coach or even a top assistant, he's coaching guys who ride a camel to work.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-18, 01:52 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
When is the last time the Cavs had a real coach? For the last 15 years, they were either yes men (Mike Brown) or gap fillers (Byron Scott).
Old 02-08-18, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
It's so preposterous to distill a multi-year coaching job down to one timeout call. Those kinds of things don't even amount to one tenth of a percent of what a coach does for a team
Old 02-08-18, 01:57 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
That was one example of his incompetence, never said it was the sole reason. Though it's certainly one of the more laughable moments by a coach in recent NBA history.

Still waiting to hear your theory on why no NBA team has given a shot to Blatt if he's a good coach? Or does he just prefer coaching games played in front of 70 people?
Old 02-08-18, 03:49 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
That was one example of his incompetence, never said it was the sole reason. Though it's certainly one of the more laughable moments by a coach in recent NBA history.

Still waiting to hear your theory on why no NBA team has given a shot to Blatt if he's a good coach? Or does he just prefer coaching games played in front of 70 people?
LeBron had him blackballed.
Old 02-08-18, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
LeBron had him blackballed.
Just like Kaep. Freeze-out job.
Old 02-10-18, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

I find it really funny that some of the CBS national honks are still acting as if the Cavs recent trade moves will offer zero encouragement for LeBron to stay. They act as if the only move is "stars now", or he's gone. It's probably a fine base that they have here now. Packaging George Hill or TT (if he pulls his head out of his azz) or even Love in a trade off-season could do quite a lot.

I really don't see the man wanting to leave now. We have at least a strong beginning at trading runs with the Warriors.
Old 02-11-18, 06:21 PM
All Yappi

Ty Lue getting some post-game love from the national guys for classily weathering the storm and for a successful beginning at integrating the new faces.
Old 05-16-18, 06:55 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Still think he stays with this sh1t roster and no real hopes of improving it? He has said he will retire in Cleveland, however that doesnt mean he stays their for the rest of his career.

The 8th pick is nothing to get excited about imo
Old 05-17-18, 12:32 AM
All Yappi

Yeah, I think he stays.
Old 05-17-18, 06:50 AM
All World

Id have to think he is much smarter than that.
Old 05-17-18, 09:08 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
I would like to see him either sign a multiple year deal (3 or 4 years) or leave ... one of the problems when LeBron has been in Cleveland is that they are constantly making short term deals ... deals that are good in the short term, but hurt them in the long term ... to me this is why the Cavs seem to get worse the longer LeBron is here ... I would then take a long term approach to the next 3 to 4 years ... sounds crazy but it would be best for the organization.

My bet is LeBron pulls a Chris Paul ... re-ups with the Cavs and forces a trade to a contender ... this would allow him to get the most money and still play for the team of his choice.
Old 05-17-18, 09:25 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
My bet is LeBron pulls a Chris Paul ... re-ups with the Cavs and forces a trade to a contender ... this would allow him to get the most money and still play for the team of his choice.
That wouldn't make sense for Lebron basketball wise. He would have to gut the new team for the trade. Thus leaving him with scrapes outside one other player - just like it is in Cleveland right now.
Old 05-17-18, 10:08 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
That wouldn't make sense for Lebron basketball wise. He would have to gut the new team for the trade. Thus leaving him with scrapes outside one other player - just like it is in Cleveland right now.
did it "gut" Houston when they got Chris Paul??????
Old 05-17-18, 11:10 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
did it "gut" Houston when they got Chris Paul??????
Houston was one of the few incredibly deep teams. Obvious exception to the rule. Look at what happened to New York when they traded for Melo.
Old 05-17-18, 12:14 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
First of all, Chris Paul told LAC he wasn't coming back. When word got out the Rockets were interested, the Clippers signed him and traded him in order to get players back instead of letting him walk. CP got to go where he wanted and Houston was able to shed enough cap space (via the trade) in order to get him. Can't see LeBron doing anything like that with Cleveland - he either re-signs or walks.
Old 05-17-18, 12:54 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a Cavs fan in any way, shape or form. Not a LeBron fan. I do respect his game. We may never see another professional athlete in a team game deliver like LeBron has. He was designated as a great before he even got out of high school, and he's fulfilled those lofty goals and then some. He's caused the NBA to make some rules modifications, some for the good, some not so much.

While I was completely fine with how he left Cleveland the first time - certainly his prerogative - the way it went down was not good. Things had worked out in Miami, he won a couple of titles, and it worked out that he could come back to Cleveland and for the most part, the city and fan base opened their arms once again to him.

But for him to ever leave again...I just really would be highly disappointed in him. By in large and what we know, he seems like a great person, husband and father. Sure, he's got some quirky personality characteristics and he seems to fan the flames to controversy. I just can't image that coming back, winning that elusive title for the city, he would ever break Cleveland's hearts again.
Old 05-17-18, 02:31 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Not a Cavs fan in any way, shape or form. Not a LeBron fan. I do respect his game. We may never see another professional athlete in a team game deliver like LeBron has. He was designated as a great before he even got out of high school, and he's fulfilled those lofty goals and then some. He's caused the NBA to make some rules modifications, some for the good, some not so much.

While I was completely fine with how he left Cleveland the first time - certainly his prerogative - the way it went down was not good. Things had worked out in Miami, he won a couple of titles, and it worked out that he could come back to Cleveland and for the most part, the city and fan base opened their arms once again to him.

But for him to ever leave again...I just really would be highly disappointed in him. By in large and what we know, he seems like a great person, husband and father. Sure, he's got some quirky personality characteristics and he seems to fan the flames to controversy. I just can't image that coming back, winning that elusive title for the city, he would ever break Cleveland's hearts again.
To your last point...

It really amazes me how level headed he is considering he was told he was great ever since he was a kid. Amazing how we havent heard any stories of him being a complete jackazz like so many other players/child stars. He hasnt had a problem with the law and really does embrace being a role model.

Not a big LeBron fan but I am a fan of him as a person. For every LeBron there are 20 Johnny Footballs who arent well adjusted humans. Being told how great you are at such a young age certainly can have a negative effect on people.
Old 05-24-18, 10:38 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
One BIG reason he will stay is because of his young son,his love of St V is stronger than you think...BAM!
Old 05-24-18, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Met LeBron in 2001 in the wrestling room at SVSM. Watched him tussle around with the ventual D-3 state champ. I know it was all in fun but LeBron is an exceptional athlete and person. He's the best example any father could give his children or role model for other parents to follow, regardless of what we do.
Old 05-24-18, 04:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
One BIG reason he will stay is because of his young son,his love of St V is stronger than you think...BAM!
Right on ... I predicted (correctly) the last time he would come home ... and it was for this reason ... Iím not sure if it will keep him here this time ... but it will be a part his reasoning.
Old 05-29-18, 04:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
Met LeBron in 2001 in the wrestling room at SVSM. Watched him tussle around with the ventual D-3 state champ. I know it was all in fun but LeBron is an exceptional athlete and person. He's the best example any father could give his children or role model for other parents to follow, regardless of what we do.
The amazing thing to me is that LeBron James has had the spotlight squarely on him for nearly 2 decades now, beginning in early high school. Modern American media relishes nothing more than toppling our idols, and the worst thing anyone has really said is that sometimes he wasn't a "good tipper" when dining out and that he took too long to marry Savannah.

Think about that. How many others that achieved generational money and the highest fame so early and haven't stumbled ? He's now spending millions sending a small army of kids to college. The guy is a marvel. God Bless LeBron James.
Old 06-01-18, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
So Lebron gets interviewed and throws Gilbert under the bus. Says he called and tried to get them to keep Irving and he wanted to keep his GM. Nobody listened to him.
Of course Glibert is dumb enough to respond by saying the trades were what got them to the finals.

Nothing to do with Lebron playing in another stratosphere Gilbert.

Just making it that much easier for Lebron to go elsewhere or hold Cleveland hostage again.
Old 06-01-18, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
So Lebron gets interviewed and throws Gilbert under the bus. Says he called and tried to get them to keep Irving and he wanted to keep his GM. Nobody listened to him.
Of course Glibert is dumb enough to respond by saying the trades were what got them to the finals.

Nothing to do with Lebron playing in another stratosphere Gilbert.

Just making it that much easier for Lebron to go elsewhere or hold Cleveland hostage again.
He also credited LeBron so
Old 06-02-18, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
LeBron is gone.
Old 06-02-18, 10:05 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
LeBron is gone.
Where did he go ?
Mia ?
Apb ?
Old 06-02-18, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends if the Cavs get Chris Paul and Paul George.
Old 06-02-18, 08:23 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Depends if the Cavs get Chris Paul and Paul George.
Didn't know that the NBA cap expanded to $200 mil. Are they in the running for Kevin Durant too?
Old 06-02-18, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
CP3 is good and Lebron's he's buddy but do the Cavs need another fragile aging player with his type of contract ?
Old 06-03-18, 12:43 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
Didn't know that the NBA cap expanded to $200 mil. Are they in the running for Kevin Durant too?
It actually is if you include the luxury tax cap.