Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-10-17, 09:37 PM
Junior Varsity

gq78 is on a distinguished road
Get screwed by refs and graham again

When does the wrestling community do something about graham getting all calls at state. 195 match was the worst ever. I am tired of graham academy intimidating the officials. After this week I will never give Oshaa a penny ever again.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-17, 09:42 PM
All District

Cooter26 is on a distinguished road
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thinks this
Old 03-10-17, 09:45 PM
All District

grizzly22 is on a distinguished road
Please explain? What happened?
Old 03-10-17, 10:03 PM
All Ohio

88 Indian is on a distinguished road
This won't end well...
Old 03-10-17, 10:04 PM
Varsity

tantal is on a distinguished road
I don't know about graham, but I've seen some bad officiating this weekend. It seems that about 1/3 of these guys have no business officiating the state tournament. At the same time I know some very good refs who aren't here and should be.
Old 03-10-17, 10:18 PM
All Ohio

WrestlingEnthusiast is on a distinguished road
Same way in college, some refs are good, some are bad, some are not consistent with their calls, at the end of the day nobody really talks about the ref unless it potentially impacts the outcome of the match. Hell, in college, they are really inconsistent with the 4pt NF, I have seen kids get rolled to their back and roll back and one ref says no points or 2 and others say 4pts.
Old 03-10-17, 10:42 PM
All Region

falconbb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gq78 View Post
When does the wrestling community do something about graham getting all calls at state. 195 match was the worst ever. I am tired of graham academy intimidating the officials. After this week I will never give Oshaa a penny ever again.
How can you blame graham? Call out the ref but don't put blame on the graham kids. Jealousy is not good.
Old 03-10-17, 10:57 PM
All District

ttwo0603 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Someone call the Waaaambulance

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-17, 11:03 PM
All American

elliotlewis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Waaambulance...haha...

Think about it.... if you're a ref and it's a 50/50 decision or a borderline call... you gotta go with the traditional winner...would you rather get hit by the veteran or the rookie? Would you rather bargain with the platinum level salesman or the apprentice? Jordan and Heff been reffin' matches for officials for years.
Old 03-10-17, 11:20 PM
All District

Cooter26 is on a distinguished road
The bottom line is, is that those calls should have never been made.... EVER.
Old 03-10-17, 11:38 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
How 'bout some cheese with that whine!
Old 03-11-17, 12:39 AM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When you stop crying about it,

BTW It is Graham Local
Old 03-11-17, 12:41 AM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is on a distinguished road
you get bad refs everywhere so cry somewhere else
Old 03-11-17, 12:51 AM
All Ohio

craceman is on a distinguished road
Welcome to wrestling! Hell welcome to life!
Old 03-11-17, 01:18 AM
All American

kbiz is on a distinguished road
I think the solution to this problem is obvious. Send your kid to Graham.
Old 03-11-17, 02:02 AM
Junior Varsity

power32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingEnthusiast View Post
Same way in college, some refs are good, some are bad, some are not consistent with their calls, at the end of the day nobody really talks about the ref unless it potentially impacts the outcome of the match. Hell, in college, they are really inconsistent with the 4pt NF, I have seen kids get rolled to their back and roll back and one ref says no points or 2 and others say 4pts.
Like the division 3 160 match the returning state runner up is tilting his kid with got defensively pinned and was clearly not even close to be pinned worst call I have seen in 15 years of coming to the state tournament to rob a kid of his dreams I am all for calling a kid pinned offensive or defensive if it is
Old 03-11-17, 02:53 AM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If you would have given a bunch of singlets to a NEO HS who had all of theirs stolen, maybe you'd get the calls at state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantal View Post
I don't know about graham, but I've seen some bad officiating this weekend. It seems that about 1/3 of these guys have no business officiating the state tournament. At the same time I know some very good refs who aren't here and should be.
Been like that forever. Way back when, the Thurs/Friday refs were all nooblets while the most experienced refs worked the tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiz View Post
I think the solution to this problem is obvious. Send your kid to Graham.
Doesn't always work out for the best. Many have moved only to find out jr. can't make the lineup.
Old 03-11-17, 06:31 AM
Freshman

Take_Top is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craceman View Post
Says the dad who's kid stalled half his semi final match! Oh wait he's a graham kid. They don't get called for stalling.
There is no way any wrestling parent could honestly say they wouldn't be pissed if there kid got hit for stalling after standing up from bottom right off the whistle! 195 D2 was worst call i think I've ever seen!
Old 03-11-17, 06:36 AM
Varsity

apoclintbrown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craceman View Post
Well put imo.... I thought your son wrestled a great semi finals match by the way!

Clint Brown
Old 03-11-17, 06:43 AM
All American

wash.c.h.legend
I was about 20 feet from the mat of the 195 pound semi final match in question. It was very suspect officiating. Watched the match throughout. Hate to see calls like that decide a match between two skilled wrestlers that needed to decide the match between themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-17, 07:06 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Are we talking about stalling. It's really defensive strategy. Yes
Old 03-11-17, 07:31 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Why didn't your coaches stand up and challenge if the stalling calls were that bad when the bottom guy got hit for stalling when the top guy had a boot in several times?
Old 03-11-17, 07:32 AM
All District

Old142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbb View Post
How can you blame graham? Call out the ref but don't put blame on the graham kids. Jealousy is not good.
Jealous of what ...the ability to recruit and pretending to be a public school?
Old 03-11-17, 07:35 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_Top View Post
Says the dad who's kid stalled half his semi final match! Oh wait he's a graham kid. They don't get called for stalling.
There is no way any wrestling parent could honestly say they wouldn't be pissed if there kid got hit for stalling after standing up from bottom right off the whistle! 195 D2 was worst call i think I've ever seen!
Obviously you watched the 120 semi match with googles on!My kid got taken down twice and got hit for stalling so move on!! We've been on both side of questionable/ bad call but I didn't go on yappi and b*tch about it! It's a part of life!!

Last edited by craceman; 03-11-17 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-11-17, 07:38 AM
All District

Red Raider2009 is on a distinguished road
I heard someone say that officials can not officiate the individual state tournament if they officiate the team state tournament. Does anyone know if that is true?
Old 03-11-17, 07:40 AM
All District

Old142 is on a distinguished road
Probably some ref's here sticking up for ref's Bottom line YES there are some bad ref's, some are bias, some change the outcome of a match with BAD call(s). Its a BIG deal to the kid's putting in the effort. There should be a better system in place by the governing people in the sport to dismiss them after video review and multiple BAD calls. Years ago I recall a ref disqualifying a kid in a high profile successful program for lining up wrong 3 times in a row, the kid had wrestled since he was 6, was winning the match and got disqualified, video review proved the ref had his head up his azz on the call(s). Either he was bias against that program, or he was a complete azzwipe as a ref.
Old 03-11-17, 07:40 AM
All Region

Jim Behrens is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Raider2009 View Post
I heard someone say that officials can not officiate the individual state tournament if they officiate the team state tournament. Does anyone know if that is true?
Correct, they can not be done in the same year.
Old 03-11-17, 07:46 AM
All Ohio

keithcarter is on a distinguished road
I hate whining about officials as some of you call it but some of the officiating at the state this year has been unacceptable. I personally watched 5 takedowns in overtime where the official blew his whistle, gave 2 only to take the call away. If he would have held his whistle for another 3 or 5 seconds it would have been secured and it wouldnt have been questioned.

I watched one wrestler get not one but two takedowns taken from him in the same match. One was obvious takedown and back points and the second was an out of bounds call where ref and assistant clearly looked at each other. The ref gave 2 and then a coach asked and he changed it again.

As you all know i dont root for any particular school so this didnt mess with me personally.

Many of the officials are doing a great job. I do mean GREAT job. However i do think there are some at the tournament that shouldnt be there. They simply arent ready to officiate at this level.

Sorry for any mispelled words. Sent this one from my phone.
Old 03-11-17, 07:54 AM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithcarter View Post
I hate whining about officials as some of you call it but some of the officiating at the state this year has been unacceptable. I personally watched 5 takedowns in overtime where the official blew his whistle, gave 2 only to take the call away. If he would have held his whistle for another 3 or 5 seconds it would have been secured and it wouldnt have been questioned.

I watched one wrestler get not one but two takedowns taken from him in the same match. One was obvious takedown and back points and the second was an out of bounds call where ref and assistant clearly looked at each other. The ref gave 2 and then a coach asked and he changed it again.

As you all know i dont root for any particular school so this didnt mess with me personally.

Many of the officials are doing a great job. I do mean GREAT job. However i do think there are some at the tournament that shouldnt be there. They simply arent ready to officiate at this level.

Sorry for any mispelled words. Sent this one from my phone.
I have never understood the rule that allows a TD in OT to be waved off. Ridiculous.
Old 03-11-17, 07:54 AM
Junior Varsity

gq78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbb View Post
I am calling out coach that knows the refs kiss a@& , the refs officiate as if there afraid to make a call against grahm academy and after last nite there is no doubt that something fishy is going on. After 40 years this will be the last time I watch this bull. Cause nobody has the nuts to hold refs accountable.