Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-05-17, 10:54 AM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
D2 state wrestling - pairings posted, discussion, etc

http://www.baumspage.com/ohsaa/wr/20.../pairings2.htm
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-17, 11:21 AM
All District

Cooter26 is on a distinguished road
Bowers - Pasiuk second round !!!
Old 03-05-17, 11:46 AM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter26 View Post
Bowers - Pasiuk second round !!!
Should be a Friday classic...too bad its not a day later!
Old 03-05-17, 07:24 PM
Varsity

Wrassle is on a distinguished road
Finals Predictions:
106 - Decatur over Jordan (A Jordan v Wayt quarter will be a fun one, but I favor Jordan. Decatur established himself as the clear favorite in my eyes this past weekend)
113 - Cardello over Young (Timmy Young has yet to take a loss on the year, and I don't see him starting to until Saturday night)
120 - Stricker over Crace (Seems like a match up of contrasting styles. Both have studs on their halves with Stricker v Brooks in the quarter and Crace v Bartos in the semi)
126 - Decatur over Kosco (I have faith in JD but Kosco has proven me wrong twice now! I just can't find myself picking against Jordan Decatur)
132 - Moore over Pasuik (Self-explanatory)
138 - Stickley over Grunden (This is a weight that I could see going a variety of ways, with this one appealing to me just a little bit more than the others)
145 - Hubbard over Freeman (I am a firm believer that Jashon Hubbard is the truth. His only loss on the year is by default. Freeman is Freeman, and he will do Freeman-like things. Potentially my favorite weight class)
152 - Jordan over Kelley (Kelley got a very favorable draw, and I like him to make the semis against Ohl, where I believe his top game will be the difference. The other guy is Rocky Jordan)
160 - Poullas over Thomas (Also self-explanatory)
170 - Crawford over Williams (Williams has proven to be exceptional all year, but I think that Crawford is too solid in too many positions to be beaten this weekend)
182 - Bowers over Braun (I like Bowers over Pasuik granted that he can keep his head. Winner of that match is the clear favorite in my eyes)
195 - Day over Sarver (Sarver and Banister will be a great semi probably similar to their state duals match. Day has the head to head win, but this final is definitely a toss-up)
220 - DelGarbino over Shafer (Admittedly, I'm not much of an upper weight guy. That being said, DelGarbino has thoroughly impressed me every time I've seen him)
285 - Sharp over Hicks (As before, not my wheelhouse, but Sharp is pretty good at putting arms on backs and pinning fools. So, he's my favorite)
Old 03-05-17, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
^^^if you like Hubbard at 145, then I'll take Shaw to win it. Hubbard needed a very late takedown to win by one in district championship. I'd bet the house, Shaw won't let it happen again.
Old 03-05-17, 11:45 PM
Freshman

SOUPlex_ is on a distinguished road
Two sleepers you might not have considered, both of which from the same high school (Circleville). At 113, Keaton seems to be peaking at the right time. He manhandled Lucas (Western Brown) in the district semis. If his gas tank is there, the Cardello match, (Bout 854) will be a barnburner.

Also, look for Brooks to beat Stricker in the second round. He out-wrestled Crace (Graham) in the finals, however lost an early scramble which decided the 3-2 decision.
Old 03-06-17, 12:34 AM
All Yappi

1st: Decatur (CVCA) over T. Jordan (Graham)
3rd: Suber (Tallmadge) over Wayt (West Branch)
5th: Olson (SVSM) over Finnerty (Circleville)
7th: McComas (Beaver Local) over Kaufman (West Holmes)

Notable: The two best in this weight are opposite, Decatur and Jordan. The Olson/Ritter first round winner should clear to Decatur in the semi. Jordan through Wayt then Suber to the final.

1st: Cardello (CVCA) over Lucas (Western Brown)
3rd: Keaton (Circleville) over McCrone (Lake Catholic)
5th: Young (Steubenville) over Carone (Streetsboro)
7th: Gentry (H. Ross) over Cooley (Sandusky)

Notable: seven wrestlers that have finished on the state podium is joint second-most of any weight. Lucas/McCrone first round is a crazy bout, could determine the top finalist, McCone won in the dual, but I'm playing a hunch here; Carone/Gentry is also first round in that half, Young's quarter. Keaton/Cardello much more straight forward to their semi, which is the de facto title match.

1st: Crace (Graham) over Stricker (Hoban)
3rd: Brooks (Circleville) over McCloskey (Girard)
5th: Bartos (Buckeye) over H. Ryan (Lake Catholic)
7th: Lasure (Beaver Local) over Wright (Coventry)

Notable: Battle of state placers opening round in Ryan vs. Burcher, that winner should clear to the semi against Stricker; however, Stricker likely will have to clear two state placers to get there, Carpenter from 2015 and Brooks a 2xer. I would tab Crace v Bartos as a straight forward scenario, Crace is the most likely wrestler in the field to be wrestling Saturday night.

1st: Kosco (CFNW) over Decatur (CVCA)
3rd: Thomas (Graham) over Taylor (Ashland)
5th: Peters (Claymont) over Assaf (Defiance)
7th: Bookman (Beaver Local) over Fogle (Licking Valley)

Notable: I feel more confident in saying that the Kosco/Decatur final will happen than in picking a winner. I think Decatur is "better" against more opponents; however, in the head-on it's 2-0 Kosco, and that is a pattern. Some interesting first round bouts: Fogle/Blust, Taylor/Lenhoff, and Peters/Clark.

1st: Moore (Graham) over Merrell (Man. Madison)
3rd: Wymer (SVSM) over Pasiuk (Carrollton)
5th: Yackee (Wauseon) over Golec (Claymont)
7th: Skleres (Lake Catholic) over Crabtree (Perkins)

Notable: Moore and Jordan are the "death and taxes" of this division. The next three best in my rankings are in the lower half, Wymer & Merrell as a quarter (Yackee knocked off Merrell at district) with the winner hitting Pasiuk in the semi.

1st: Stickley (Graham) over Grunden (Defiance)
3rd: Martinez (Licking Valley) over Yoho (Woodridge)
5th: Bunting (Claymont) over Speelman (Man. Madison)
7th: Rice (Steubenville) over Blake (Tipp)

Notable: Grunden and Martinez are forced opposite based on placement, it was 50/50 where Stickley would go, and he's in the same half as Martinez. Grunden has the manageable path of Bunting and then the Yoho/Rice winner, while it would be a shock if it's not Martinez/Stickley in the lower semi (Shaw might have something to say about that though first round on Stickley).

1st: Freeman (Lake Catholic) over Ramirez (Wauseon)
3rd: Hubbard (Steubenville) over Sanchez (Graham)
5th: Shaw (Carrollton) over Kowal (Fenwick)
7th: Musci (SVSM) over Brewer (Circleville)

Notable: This weight has screamed Freeman/Ramirez on Saturday night all year. They already met in one final, Freeman winning narrowly. Freeman/Sanchez in a semi would be rematch from the duals, while Ramirez/Hubbard would be a very interesting bout. Shaw - who upset Ramirez at the duals - will have Sanchez in the quarter.

1st: Jordan (Graham) over Henderson (Western Brown)
3rd: Ohl (Ashland) over D'Alesio (Canfield)
5th: Vespucci (Crestwood) over Kelley (Hoban)
7th: Daniels (Carrollton) over Cass (Cloverleaf)

Notable: that top quarter is absolutely nasty stacked, Ohl v Mendincino as a battle of returning placers with Henderson against the very talented frosh D'Alesio. Whomever clears that hits the final in my opinion. Jordan is prohibitively favored down low (obviously)

1st: Poullas (Canfield) over Thomas (Graham)
3rd: Eyler (Claymont) over Bailey (Wauseon)
5th: McIntire (SVSM) over Clary (upper Sandusky)
7th: Dawson (Mid. Madison) over Davneport (Unioto)

Notable: Poullas v Thomas is the clear anticipated final. I think it'll be a good bout, something in the 5-3 Poullas range. Can Thomas win, yes; am I picking it, no. Poullas has the tougher obstacle on the way to the final in an Eyler semi; I'm surprised that Eyler isn't up at 170.

1st: Crawford (Canfield) over Williams (New Lexington)
3rd: Schenk (Perry) over Amison (Perkins)
5th: Heath (SVSM) over Terry (Lima Bath)
7th: Andrews (Napoleon) over Miller (Carrollton)

Notable: Crawford seems to have the more manageable path to the final, though Andrews in the first round is a rather credible "four", then Amison is an always dangerous opponent in the likely semi. The undefeated Williams would have to clear both Heath and Schenk to reach the final.

1st: Bowers (Defiance) over Braun (Graham)
3rd: Pasiuk (Carrollton) over Johnson (Alliance)
5th: Cooper (Canfield) over Cooper (Jackson)
7th: Pinson (Reading) over Holt (Granville)

Notable: Pasiuk is undefeated on the season, and has the most statewide wins entering the state tournament, Bowers' only two losses are via DQ. That's a quarter because one of Bowers' DQ's came in the district semi. I think it's also the de facto final. Johnson vs. Cooper (Jackson) is an interesting first rounder, I think either clears Pinson in the quarter.

1st: Day (Valley View) over Sarver (Graham)
3rd: Banister (Wauseon) over Martin (Alliance)
5th: Abraham (Padua) over Ramage (Meadowbrook)
7th: Stein (Canfield) over Bever (Ashland)

Notable: Day is 3-1 vs. Sarver this season, winning the first meeting and then the last two weeks, Sarver won in the regional dual. Sarver/Banister is a likely state semi, Sarver has won each of the last two years at the state duals, while Banister won last year in the state quarter. Martin/Abraham is an intersting quarter in the Day half.

1st: Shafer (Graham) over Hall (Wapak)
3rd: Phillips (Maumee) over Delgarbino (Girard)
5th: Silmi (Norwalk) over Hilliard (Franklin)
7th: Baker (Mar. Highland) over Walker (CVCA)

Notable: As is the trend with D1, this is a far from deep weight class. Shafer and Hall have met twice, Shafer winning both times. The three first round matches between Alliance & Mansfield distrits that don't involve Hall will be interesting follows.

1st: Sharp (West Branch) over Giordano (Canfield)
3rd: Young (Sandusky) over Chasteen (Ham. Ross)
5th: Williams (Shelby) over Meeker (Elida)
7th: Mitchell (River View) over Craig (Toledo CC)

Notable: I picked Sharp to win last year, he got knocked off in a good quarterfinal match by eventual champ Adams, then he couldn't bounce back in consolation. First round with Meeker is a dangerous bout, then it's a likely semi with Young or Chasteen. Up top, I like Giordano to clear. Giordano and Sharp have already met three times in finals this month, Sharp won them all, almost all identically too.

Graham wins in a walk. I think Canfield and Wauseon have the greatest probability of taking second. CVCA can be in the hunt if it's contested at or around 75 points. Claymont or Carrollton would need a hot weekend to get the second spot.

Last edited by bucksman; 03-06-17 at 07:26 PM. Reason: misread my chart
Old 03-06-17, 01:25 AM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
My predictions can be found here: http://www.borofanohio.net/d2-state-predictions
Old 03-06-17, 07:28 AM
All Region

Krasula24 is on a distinguished road
No Bailey (Wauseon) at 160 ?
Old 03-06-17, 01:45 PM
Freshman

wrestler54 is on a distinguished road
I agree with Krasula24 you have a kid who bailey pinned placing but not him, hes a district champ I'm taking in the top 5
Old 03-06-17, 07:26 PM
All Yappi

I misread my chart. I had written down Bailey as a first round winner (over Dixon), then for some reason moved Dixon to the semis. That's what drove the issue. I have Bailey 4th now losing to Thomas, beating Clary coming back.
Old 03-07-17, 11:44 AM
Freshman

OhioWrestler170 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
1st: Decatur (CVCA) over T. Jordan (Graham)
3rd: Suber (Tallmadge) over Wayt (West Branch)
5th: Olson (SVSM) over Finnerty (Circleville)
7th: McComas (Beaver Local) over Kaufman (West Holmes)

Notable: The two best in this weight are opposite, Decatur and Jordan. The Olson/Ritter first round winner should clear to Decatur in the semi. Jordan through Wayt then Suber to the final.

1st: Cardello (CVCA) over Lucas (Western Brown)
3rd: Keaton (Circleville) over McCrone (Lake Catholic)
5th: Young (Steubenville) over Carone (Streetsboro)
7th: Gentry (H. Ross) over Cooley (Sandusky)

Notable: seven wrestlers that have finished on the state podium is joint second-most of any weight. Lucas/McCrone first round is a crazy bout, could determine the top finalist, McCone won in the dual, but I'm playing a hunch here; Carone/Gentry is also first round in that half, Young's quarter. Keaton/Cardello much more straight forward to their semi, which is the de facto title match.

1st: Crace (Graham) over Stricker (Hoban)
3rd: Brooks (Circleville) over McCloskey (Girard)
5th: Bartos (Buckeye) over H. Ryan (Lake Catholic)
7th: Lasure (Beaver Local) over Wright (Coventry)

Notable: Battle of state placers opening round in Ryan vs. Burcher, that winner should clear to the semi against Stricker; however, Stricker likely will have to clear two state placers to get there, Carpenter from 2015 and Brooks a 2xer. I would tab Crace v Bartos as a straight forward scenario, Crace is the most likely wrestler in the field to be wrestling Saturday night.

1st: Kosco (CFNW) over Decatur (CVCA)
3rd: Thomas (Graham) over Taylor (Ashland)
5th: Peters (Claymont) over Assaf (Defiance)
7th: Bookman (Beaver Local) over Fogle (Licking Valley)

Notable: I feel more confident in saying that the Kosco/Decatur final will happen than in picking a winner. I think Decatur is "better" against more opponents; however, in the head-on it's 2-0 Kosco, and that is a pattern. Some interesting first round bouts: Fogle/Blust, Taylor/Lenhoff, and Peters/Clark.

1st: Moore (Graham) over Merrell (Man. Madison)
3rd: Wymer (SVSM) over Pasiuk (Carrollton)
5th: Yackee (Wauseon) over Golec (Claymont)
7th: Skleres (Lake Catholic) over Crabtree (Perkins)

Notable: Moore and Jordan are the "death and taxes" of this division. The next three best in my rankings are in the lower half, Wymer & Merrell as a quarter (Yackee knocked off Merrell at district) with the winner hitting Pasiuk in the semi.

1st: Stickley (Graham) over Grunden (Defiance)
3rd: Martinez (Licking Valley) over Yoho (Woodridge)
5th: Bunting (Claymont) over Speelman (Man. Madison)
7th: Rice (Steubenville) over Blake (Tipp)

Notable: Grunden and Martinez are forced opposite based on placement, it was 50/50 where Stickley would go, and he's in the same half as Martinez. Grunden has the manageable path of Bunting and then the Yoho/Rice winner, while it would be a shock if it's not Martinez/Stickley in the lower semi (Shaw might have something to say about that though first round on Stickley).

1st: Freeman (Lake Catholic) over Ramirez (Wauseon)
3rd: Hubbard (Steubenville) over Sanchez (Graham)
5th: Shaw (Carrollton) over Kowal (Fenwick)
7th: Musci (SVSM) over Brewer (Circleville)

Notable: This weight has screamed Freeman/Ramirez on Saturday night all year. They already met in one final, Freeman winning narrowly. Freeman/Sanchez in a semi would be rematch from the duals, while Ramirez/Hubbard would be a very interesting bout. Shaw - who upset Ramirez at the duals - will have Sanchez in the quarter.

1st: Jordan (Graham) over Henderson (Western Brown)
3rd: Ohl (Ashland) over D'Alesio (Canfield)
5th: Vespucci (Crestwood) over Kelley (Hoban)
7th: Daniels (Carrollton) over Cass (Cloverleaf)

Notable: that top quarter is absolutely nasty stacked, Ohl v Mendincino as a battle of returning placers with Henderson against the very talented frosh D'Alesio. Whomever clears that hits the final in my opinion. Jordan is prohibitively favored down low (obviously)

1st: Poullas (Canfield) over Thomas (Graham)
3rd: Eyler (Claymont) over Bailey (Wauseon)
5th: McIntire (SVSM) over Clary (upper Sandusky)
7th: Dawson (Mid. Madison) over Davneport (Unioto)

Notable: Poullas v Thomas is the clear anticipated final. I think it'll be a good bout, something in the 5-3 Poullas range. Can Thomas win, yes; am I picking it, no. Poullas has the tougher obstacle on the way to the final in an Eyler semi; I'm surprised that Eyler isn't up at 170.

1st: Crawford (Canfield) over Williams (New Lexington)
3rd: Schenk (Perry) over Amison (Perkins)
5th: Heath (SVSM) over Terry (Lima Bath)
7th: Andrews (Napoleon) over Miller (Carrollton)

Notable: Crawford seems to have the more manageable path to the final, though Andrews in the first round is a rather credible "four", then Amison is an always dangerous opponent in the likely semi. The undefeated Williams would have to clear both Heath and Schenk to reach the final.

1st: Bowers (Defiance) over Braun (Graham)
3rd: Pasiuk (Carrollton) over Johnson (Alliance)
5th: Cooper (Canfield) over Cooper (Jackson)
7th: Pinson (Reading) over Holt (Granville)

Notable: Pasiuk is undefeated on the season, and has the most statewide wins entering the state tournament, Bowers' only two losses are via DQ. That's a quarter because one of Bowers' DQ's came in the district semi. I think it's also the de facto final. Johnson vs. Cooper (Jackson) is an interesting first rounder, I think either clears Pinson in the quarter.

1st: Day (Valley View) over Sarver (Graham)
3rd: Banister (Wauseon) over Martin (Alliance)
5th: Abraham (Padua) over Ramage (Meadowbrook)
7th: Stein (Canfield) over Bever (Ashland)

Notable: Day is 3-1 vs. Sarver this season, winning the first meeting and then the last two weeks, Sarver won in the regional dual. Sarver/Banister is a likely state semi, Sarver has won each of the last two years at the state duals, while Banister won last year in the state quarter. Martin/Abraham is an intersting quarter in the Day half.

1st: Shafer (Graham) over Hall (Wapak)
3rd: Phillips (Maumee) over Delgarbino (Girard)
5th: Silmi (Norwalk) over Hilliard (Franklin)
7th: Baker (Mar. Highland) over Walker (CVCA)

Notable: As is the trend with D1, this is a far from deep weight class. Shafer and Hall have met twice, Shafer winning both times. The three first round matches between Alliance & Mansfield distrits that don't involve Hall will be interesting follows.

1st: Sharp (West Branch) over Giordano (Canfield)
3rd: Young (Sandusky) over Chasteen (Ham. Ross)
5th: Williams (Shelby) over Meeker (Elida)
7th: Mitchell (River View) over Craig (Toledo CC)

Notable: I picked Sharp to win last year, he got knocked off in a good quarterfinal match by eventual champ Adams, then he couldn't bounce back in consolation. First round with Meeker is a dangerous bout, then it's a likely semi with Young or Chasteen. Up top, I like Giordano to clear. Giordano and Sharp have already met three times in finals this month, Sharp won them all, almost all identically too.

Graham wins in a walk. I think Canfield and Wauseon have the greatest probability of taking second. CVCA can be in the hunt if it's contested at or around 75 points. Claymont or Carrollton would need a hot weekend to get the second spot.
Yackee only beat Merrell because he stalled the whole time. Every time Merrell got up Yackee shoved him out of bounds and he was continuously riding the hips. I think Merrell would beat him in a rematch
Old 03-07-17, 11:52 AM
Freshman

qwertyrow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioWrestler170 View Post
Yackee only beat Merrell because he stalled the whole time. Every time Merrell got up Yackee shoved him out of bounds and he was continuously riding the hips. I think Merrell would beat him in a rematch
Yackee completely controlled this match with Merrell. Yackee earned the reversal in the second period to go up 2-0. Yackee shouldn't have been hit once for stalling, he was making attempts to return and the longest Merrell was to his feet was 2 or 3 seconds. Yackee broke Merrell with a minute to go in the third. Yackee wrestled the perfect match.
Old 03-07-17, 02:46 PM
Junior Varsity

NordoniaAlum is on a distinguished road
Don't sleep on Matt cover @182. Great wrestler
Old 03-07-17, 05:24 PM
All Ohio

McClearn7 is on a distinguished road
106-
1. Jacob Decatur- CVCA
2. Tanner Jordan- Graham
3. Christian Wayt- West Branch
4. Cole McComas- Beaver Local
5. Trey Finnerty- Circleville
6. Gavin Ritter- Wauseon
7. Ed Suber- Tallmadge
8. Thane Kaufman- West Holmes

The Wayt vs. Jordan quarterfinal should be an intriguing clash of styles with an explosive Wayt against Jordan who frequently wins low scoring bouts.

The Olson vs. Ritter bout is my favorite of the first round match=ups at this weight.

113-
1. Nate Keaton- Circleville
2. Timmy Young- Steubenville
3. Matt Cardello- CVCA
4. Connor McCrone- Lake Catholic
5. Brandon Lucas- Western Brown
6. Jacob Gentry- Ross
7. Dominic Carone- Streetsboro
8. Bryce Davis- Kenton Ridge

I fell as if any of the top 5 could win here on a good weekend.

Lucas vs. McCrone is a ridiculous first round bout between state placers. It is a rematch of their state duals bout won 8-7 by McCrone.
Carone vs. Gentry also pits returning state placers against one another in the opening round.

I may be low balling Cooley yet again after he won a district title last weekend, but that’s good new for him. It probably means that he’ll finish top 5.

120-
1. Jordan Crace- Graham
2. Lukus Stricker- Hoban
3. Eric Bartos- Buckeye
4. Dalton Burcher- Indian Valley
5. Caleb Brooks- Circleville
6. Dakota McCloskey- Girard
7. Jake Johnson- Jonathan Alder
8. Skyler Lasure- Beaver Local

Burcher vs. Ryan kicks off this weight with a match-up of returning placers, and Carpenter vs. Stricker also boasts a pair of wrestlers with state medals.

126-
1. Jordan Decatur- CVCA
2. Hunter Kosco- Northwest
3. Matthew Taylor- Ashland
4. Jeffrey Thomas- Graham
5. Danny Assaf- Defiance
6. Maxx Peters – Claymont
7. Caden Blust- Columbian
8. David Massey- Woodridge

If Decatur vs. Kosco III happens it will likely be a classic, just like the first two showdowns.
I’m picking Decatur with little confidence.
I don’t mean to disrespect Kosco, and if my picks were the first two match-ups were any indication, Kosco will win the 3rd showdown as well.

Blust vs. Fogle should be an exciting first round match, and Clark vs. Peters should decide the season series between the two after they split a pair of bouts at Medina.

132-
1. Mitch Moore- Graham
2. Ben Pasiuk- Carrollton
3. Hunter Yackee- Wauseon
4. Luke Wymer- SVSM
5. Leconte Merrell- Madison Comp.
6. Austin Wolcott- Sheridan
7. Mitch Skleres- Lake Catholic
8. Drew Crabtree- Perkins

Merrell vs. Wymer is another bout pitting wrestlers with contrasting styles. The winner will likely square off against Pasiuk in the semis to fight for a finals spot opposite Moore.

138-
1. J.D. Stickley- Graham
2. Timothy Grunden- Defiance
3. Jake Martinez- Licking Valley
4. Eli Yoho- Woodridge
5. Carson Speelman- Madison Comp.
6. Dakota Bunting- Claymont
7. Justin Shaw- Carrollton
8. Jacob Maslyk- Perkins

Grunden is separated from Stickley and Martinez, who will have to beat each other and then defeat Grunden to claim the title.

145-
1. Kevon Freeman - Lake Catholic
2. Sandro Ramirez- Wauseon
3. Jashon Hubbard- Steubenville
4. Adam Shaw- Carrollton
5. Joey Sanchez- Graham
6. Dylan Miller- West Branch
7. Jared Musci- SVSM
8. Greg Brewer- Circleville

Hubbard vs. Ramirez should be an exciting semifinal. I picked Ramirez, but Hubbard beat Shaw who pinned Ramirez at the state duals.

152-
1. Rocky Jordan- Graham
2. Jake Henderson- Western Brown
3. Sid Ohl- Ashland
4. Anthony D’Alesio- Canfield
5. Nick Vespucci- Crestwood
6. Quinton Kelley- Hoban
7. Garrett Coe- Keystone
8. Brandon Daniels- Carrollton

Henderson vs. D’Alesio is an enticing first round bout. The loser would likely face Torres in a placement bout if they can defeat the loser of state placers Mendicino and Ohl.

Coe and Daniels will meet in the first round in a rematch of the consolation finals at West Holmes won by Coe.

160-
1. Georgio Poullas- Canfield
2. Ryan Thomas- Graham
3. Ashton Eyler- Claymont
4. Noah Clary- Upper Sandusky
5. Michael McIntire- SVSM
6. Andrew Bailey- Wauseon
7. Brahm Ginter- Shelby
8. Keegan Vanmeter- Granville

State placers Thomas and McIntire will likely meet in the quarterfinals while state champ Poullas would likely meet state placer Eyler in the semifinals on the opposite side.

170-
1. David Crawford- Canfield
2. David Heath- SVSM
3. Keysean Amison- Perkins
4. Evan Schenk- Perry
5. Dimitri Williams- New Lexington
6. Tre Terry- Bath
7. Alex Andrews- Napoleon
8. Brenton Miller- Carrollton

I have a distinct fear that I may be underrating Williams. I watched him wrestle a few years ago at Medina and came away impressed, but I haven’t seen him this year.

Jude and Altman have split tow bouts this season, and we’ll see the rubber match in the opening round of the state tournament.

182-
1. Robbie Bowers- Defiance
2. Gage Braun- Graham
3. Aidan Pasiuk- Carrollton
4. Duce Johnson- Alliance
5. Dominic Cooper- Canfield
6. Matthew Cover- Bay
7. Baden Pinson- Reading
8. Brad Crislip- Ravenna

Bowers vs. Pasiuk would have likely been the finals bout if Bowers hadn’t been disqualified in his semifinal bout. As it stands, the bout will likely occur in the quarterfinals

195-
1. Stone Day- Valley View
2. Kavan Sarver- Graham
3. Tony Banister- Wauseon
4. Jerrell Martin- Alliance
5. Pete Abraham- Padua
6. Jud Ramage- Meadowbrook
7. Josh Bever- Ashland
8. Tyler Stein- Canfield

Day/Sarver IV could decide the state finals this year as Day holds the 2-1 advantage in their previous 3 bouts.
Sarver would likely need to overcome state finals Banister to reach the finals. Banister defeated Sarver last year on his way to the championship bout.

220-
1. Johnny Shafer- Graham
2. Landon Hall- Wapakoneta
3. Jack Delgarbino- Girard
4. Brandon Phillips- Maumee
5. Zach Baker- (Sparta) Highland
6. Breslin Walker- CVCA
7. Abdullah Silmi- Norwalk
8. Wyatt Hilliard- Franklin

Packard vs. Delgarbino looks like it could be the most interesting first round bout at this weight. The northwest has a ton of depth at these last two weights.

285-
1. Ian Sharp- West Branch
2. Devin Williams- Shelby
3. Ja’Mez Young- Sandusky
4. Karson Chasteen- Ross
5. Noah Meeker- Elida
6. Mason Giordano- Canfield
7. Demarko Craig- Toledo C.C.
8. Sam Mitchell- River View

Meeker will be a tough foe right of the gate for Sharp who may need to beat 3 wrestlers out of Mansfield (Meeker, Young, and Williams) in order to claim a state title.

Teams:
1. Graham
2. Canfield
3. CVCA
4. Wauseon
5. Carrollton
6. Defiance
7. Circleville
8. West Branch
9. Lake Catholic
10. Ashland

-Max Pearce
Old 03-07-17, 09:00 PM
All Region

Bailey a little low don't you think? I mean he did pin Clary in the district finals...
Old 03-07-17, 09:05 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
One's 6 and one's 4??? That's pretty close?
Old 03-07-17, 09:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhillips View Post
One's 6 and one's 4??? That's pretty close?
But could also play a role in the team race ...
Old 03-07-17, 09:26 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter26 View Post
But could also play a role in the team race ...
How could someones rankings effect, "the team race?"
Old 03-07-17, 10:07 PM
Freshman

lmcmillan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasula24 View Post
Bailey a little low don't you think? I mean he did pin Clary in the district finals...
No, Bailey won 12-9. It was 10-9 before Clary got taken down in the last few seconds. And the thinking could be that they won't even meet.
Old 03-08-17, 07:59 AM
All Region

He gave up 4 penalty points ? So really it was 12-5 ....
Old 03-08-17, 09:06 AM
Freshman

lmcmillan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There's a reason penalty points are points. They count just the same. Clary also spotted him an 8-0 lead. I'm not saying Bailey isn't better and maybe he is a lot better, but to say Clary got pinned was inaccurate. And depending how the draw goes, even if it's true that Bailey would beat Clary every time, that doesn't mean he'll finish ahead of him because they may never wrestle each other again.
Old 03-08-17, 09:27 AM
All District

They will meet in the state consi-semis
Old 03-08-17, 09:57 AM
Varsity

Irishtony is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcmillan33 View Post
There's a reason penalty points are points. They count just the same. Clary also spotted him an 8-0 lead. I'm not saying Bailey isn't better and maybe he is a lot better, but to say Clary got pinned was inaccurate. And depending how the draw goes, even if it's true that Bailey would beat Clary every time, that doesn't mean he'll finish ahead of him because they may never wrestle each other again.
Clary didn't get pinned. I would also say he wasn't himself at districts. He struggled with every wrestler he faced (except Ingram). He pinned Abraham in the third period when he was down 3-2, pinned Ingram, bested Norwalk's freshman phenom Hernandez 8-5 and then lost in the finals to Bailey. Even with the penalty points, it wasn't really a close match. I would look for a different Clary this weekend though. He has state experience and I look for him to bounce back from a lackluster district.
Old 03-08-17, 10:55 AM
All Ohio

tkdn_wizard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
4 penalty points is a DQ...... so I'm guessing it wasn't 4
Old 03-08-17, 11:05 AM
All Ohio

suplex21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdn_wizard View Post
4 penalty points is a DQ...... so I'm guessing it wasn't 4
umm... no it's not
Old 03-08-17, 11:16 AM
All Ohio

tkdn_wizard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex21 View Post
umm... no it's not
It is...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5123.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1518  
Old 03-08-17, 11:18 AM
Junior Varsity

CoachMorgan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is...
4 penalty points would equal three infractions (1 + 1 + 2 = 4). The fourth infraction is what causes the DQ.
Old 03-08-17, 02:14 PM
Freshman

Take_Top is on a distinguished road
Bailey controlled the whole match! The pin was called as time ran out then was waved off. First penalty was legit the other 2 were ridiculous!
Old 03-08-17, 03:17 PM
All Ohio

suplex21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is...
Thanks for the thumbnail to prove yourself wrong.
1+1+2=4