Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-04-17, 03:10 PM
All Region

BuckeyeFan94 is on a distinguished road
Semis updates???
Old 03-04-17, 06:15 PM
All District

gorrilaz12 is on a distinguished road
What happened in the bowers semi match?
Old 03-04-17, 09:43 PM
Varsity

Irishtony is on a distinguished road
Reared back and cross faced like he was throwing a right hook. Ashland started bleeding profusely...Dq'd on the spot.

Last edited by Irishtony; 03-05-17 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-05-17, 08:30 AM
Varsity

spider34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_Top View Post
Who does he beat to get out?
everybody!!!!
Old 03-05-17, 08:58 AM
Freshman

gr8fultracyj is on a distinguished road
Matt Taylor read this and it fueled his fire. Thanks for doubting the CHAMP!
Old 03-05-17, 09:44 AM
All Ohio

McClearn7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fultracyj View Post
Matt Taylor read this and it fueled his fire. Thanks for doubting the CHAMP!
Congratulations to Taylor. I was definitely wrong on the predictions.
Great job by Taylor to be at his best for the most important time of the year.

Cooley is another one who I definitely missed the mark on. Congratulations to Cooley and all of the other wrestlers who dug deep and qualified for Columbus.
Old 03-05-17, 10:13 AM
All District

Cooter26 is on a distinguished road
Perfect example on why rankings do not mean a thing
Old 03-05-17, 11:54 AM
Freshman

No-nf is on a distinguished road
Very tough district. A lot of good wrestlers didn't make it out...
Old 03-05-17, 12:22 PM
Freshman

gr8fultracyj is on a distinguished road
Taylor was injured at Gorman and sick at Brecksville, He was 100% yesterday and it showed. CHAMP!
Old 03-05-17, 01:40 PM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtony View Post
Reared back and cross faced like he was taking a right hook. Ashland started bleeding profusely...Dq'd on the spot.
Couldn't have been DQ on the spot. He continued in the tournament. Ashland had to have ran out of blood time or something.
Old 03-05-17, 01:42 PM
Junior Varsity

split_finger is on a distinguished road
It appears this is the second disqualification in the last 3 tournaments for OUCommitt3x. He should have been disqualified from the tournament. What a disgusting display of sportmanship from this punk. Lets just say there will be plenty of people who will be rooting for all his opponents this weekend. I have seen him wrestle multiple times. He should have been disqualified during his state duals match versus Wauseon when he deliberately hurt a freshman JV wrestler who bumped up. He is exceptionally rude to officials, his oponents, and fans. Sad display. He will take plenty of butt kickings when he gets to college. Karma is a beeyatch
Old 03-05-17, 01:42 PM
All Region

BACKBEND is on a distinguished road
Congrats Matt Taylor !
Old 03-05-17, 02:21 PM
Freshman

Bigkitty is on a distinguished road
Chill on the bashing of a high school wrestler, he works his but off to get where he is. The sports needs some personality/villains to keep it interesting.
Old 03-05-17, 02:25 PM
Freshman

Bigkitty is on a distinguished road
Not going as far to say intentionally hurting someone and being rude is okay tho
Old 03-05-17, 02:28 PM
Junior Varsity

OUCommit3x is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_finger View Post
It appears this is the second disqualification in the last 3 tournaments for OUCommitt3x. He should have been disqualified from the tournament. What a disgusting display of sportmanship from this punk. Lets just say there will be plenty of people who will be rooting for all his opponents this weekend. I have seen him wrestle multiple times. He should have been disqualified during his state duals match versus Wauseon when he deliberately hurt a freshman JV wrestler who bumped up. He is exceptionally rude to officials, his oponents, and fans. Sad display. He will take plenty of butt kickings when he gets to college. Karma is a beeyatch
Bold statement, if that's what you think so be it. I'm sorry you feel that way. Care to put a name out there of to who this is? I don't remember being rude to any fans. Have I intentionally caused harm to any kid this year? No. Have I probably been over the top with kids that can't defend themselves? Yes and I need to work on that you're right. Does it frustrate me that I can't put points on the board when kids try not to wrestle me and stall? Yes. The point of this sport is to put points on the board not see how close you can make a match and still lose. But hey your opinion is your opinion and I respect that.
Old 03-05-17, 02:51 PM
Junior Varsity

split_finger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUCommit3x View Post
Bold statement, if that's what you think so be it. I'm sorry you feel that way. Care to put a name out there of to who this is? I don't remember being rude to any fans. Have I intentionally caused harm to any kid this year? No. Have I probably been over the top with kids that can't defend themselves? Yes and I need to work on that you're right. Does it frustrate me that I can't put points on the board when kids try not to wrestle me and stall? Yes. The point of this sport is to put points on the board not see how close you can make a match and still lose. But hey your opinion is your opinion and I respect that.
I have personally seen you intentionally hurt inferior kids with no remorse. Your actions and talk on here proves you are just a cocky kid beating up on lesser kids. Few people enjoy watching you wrestle because of your actions. But I get it, that is Defiance for you. Why don't you just worry about wrestling instead of running your gums or here. You are not making any fans.
Old 03-05-17, 03:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by split_finger View Post
I have personally seen you intentionally hurt inferior kids with no remorse. Your actions and talk on here proves you are just a cocky kid beating up on lesser kids. Few people enjoy watching you wrestle because of your actions. But I get it, that is Defiance for you. Why don't you just worry about wrestling instead of running your gums or here. You are not making any fans.
I work hard at what I do I don't work hard just so kids can work at stalling and not letting me score. With that said I need to keep my cool and not get overly aggressive. I got what I deserved to an extent and it sucks, ill make adjustments and learn to keep my cool. So just because I'm a wrestler in high school means I can't be on here? I'm not aloud to take take part in the same threads everyone else on here does. I love wrestling, I love the intenseness, I love the individualism & the teamwork, I love the bonds it makes, and I love the places it can take people. So why can't I comment on threads and be my own person. You're out here bashing me for rough matches but the worst thing I did is cost a kid his trip to the state tournament. The wrestler I wrestled in the go to match shouldn't of had me and I potentially cost him his trip to state. I'm going to make adjustments and control myself but I personally apologized to that kid because he could've made it to the schott and my actions ruined that. So say what you want about me & keep bashing me. But atleast have enough self dignity to say who you are. I'm in high school owning up to my own actions and you're probably some dad pissed off bashing me. Real cool.
Old 03-05-17, 03:50 PM
Freshman

Casualfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClearn7 View Post
Congratulations to Taylor. I was definitely wrong on the predictions.
Great job by Taylor to be at his best for the most important time of the year.

Cooley is another one who I definitely missed the mark on. Congratulations to Cooley and all of the other wrestlers who dug deep and qualified for Columbus.
I think if you look early on I mentioned don't forget about Cooley. His Father was in my weight class when we both wrestled for Sandusky. His father was a tough egg too!!!
Old 03-05-17, 08:56 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Couldn't have been DQ on the spot. He continued in the tournament. Ashland had to have ran out of blood time or something.
Check the bracket...It says DQ.
Old 03-05-17, 09:02 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkitty View Post
Chill on the bashing of a high school wrestler, he works his but off to get where he is. The sports needs some personality/villains to keep it interesting.
Villain? This ain't Hollywood. When your deliberate, dirty action robs a kid from an opportunity like going to state, then it's overboard. He should have been dq'd from the tournament and been robbed of his opportunity.
Old 03-05-17, 11:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Check the bracket...It says DQ.
If he was DQ'ed immediately after committing the act, then that would be a flagrant misconduct and he would have been completely removed from the tournament. I'm not disagreeing with the wording of the result, just the observation made that it was an immediate DQ.
Old 03-06-17, 07:45 AM
Junior Varsity

I mean you could just ask the guy who was there, the one who wrestled in the match, and the one who got DQ'ed... but hey, it's okay. It's funny how the higher caliber of wrestler the more attention their actions get. Ill make a thread later called 'bashing bowers' since it seems that's what all you guys want. I forgot all of you didn't get overly aggressive and make mistakes when you were in high school. I forgot I've done nothing positive and I'm the most disrespectful little punk in the state of Ohio. It's okay, I'll make it just fine but when I'm 40 I won't be on here bashing kids that make a mistake when they're working for a dream.
Old 03-06-17, 09:02 AM
Varsity

I'm not bashing you Robbie.....I've said nothing about your character. I don't know you personally and wouldn't make that kind of judgement on you. I just simply said it was flagrant and you should've been disqualified. You admitted it was flagrant. I don't see the problem with you, it's the refs who don't have the testicular fortitude to make a flagrant call.

Last edited by Irishtony; 03-06-17 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-06-17, 09:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I'm not bashing you Bowers.....I've said nothing about your character. I don't know you personally and wouldn't make that kind of judgement on you. I just simply said it was flagrant and you should've been disqualified. You admitted it was flagrant. Deal with it.
It was a hard crossface I didn't jaw the kid in the mouth. He received a booody nose and used all his blood time. When asked if he wanted to continue he pulled his plugs with NO BLOOD running, his nose was fine. His coaches then asked if his head hurt since there was no blood because they wanted his free pass to the state tournament. I shouldn't of cross faced as hard as I did but that's cheap as well. It wasn't a flagrant. I've seen way worse things never called. Everyone wants to bash me for a hard crossface but nobody says anything about the opposing wrestler balling up and refusing to wrestle, backing away to avoid wrestling, and even laying on his stomach balled up smiling at the camera (that I have on video), I get bashed for what I did but he's applauded for that. Then when he could continue he takes his free pass to state, it shouldn't work like that.
Testicular fortitude? Let the kids wrestle, it's a hard nose sport. Refs are giving these matches away for pokes to the eye (ex. 160 final refs gave Noah clary 4 points for Andrew bailey literally putting his palm on his forehead.) and anything else they can. Refs don't need to step in they need to officiate without bias and call it by the rules. If I would've struct him with my fist in the mouth that'd be a different story look at the rules.
Old 03-06-17, 09:34 AM
Varsity

I get it Robbie...I played sports and know their is an advantage when your opponent is intimidated by you. I did things in football I could've and should've gotten thrown out for...I get it. Looking back, I could've been way better had I kept my cool and channeled that energy in other ways. I'm not bashing you Robbie, but from my seat, it looked flagrant and I thought you should've been disqualified. For a guy like you, if the other guy wants to ball up, get the stalling point or kick him and take him down again. You could've easily tech falled him if he didn't want to wrestle you. It cost you the district championship.

Wrestling is a tough sport and you're a tough, tough kid, but that doesn't give athletes a free pass, especially a guy like you who can win without the antics. I love wrestling, I respect the athletes because it is such a tough sport. And I do agree with you on one thing.....the Bailey/Clary match was kinda crappy. It felt like the refs were trying to make it a close match.

Last edited by Irishtony; 03-06-17 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-06-17, 09:51 AM
Junior Varsity

Okay, I actually appreciate your advice/comments. I do need to control myself more on the mat and even on here. Just get a little pissed when I read all these comments with my name in them. Now I'm over this, one week left.
Old 03-06-17, 07:14 PM
Junior Varsity

thatohlboy is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUCommit3x View Post
I work hard at what I do I don't work hard just so kids can work at stalling and not letting me score. With that said I need to keep my cool and not get overly aggressive. I got what I deserved to an extent and it sucks, ill make adjustments and learn to keep my cool. So just because I'm a wrestler in high school means I can't be on here? I'm not aloud to take take part in the same threads everyone else on here does. I love wrestling, I love the intenseness, I love the individualism & the teamwork, I love the bonds it makes, and I love the places it can take people. So why can't I comment on threads and be my own person. You're out here bashing me for rough matches but the worst thing I did is cost a kid his trip to the state tournament. The wrestler I wrestled in the go to match shouldn't of had me and I potentially cost him his trip to state. I'm going to make adjustments and control myself but I personally apologized to that kid because he could've made it to the schott and my actions ruined that. So say what you want about me & keep bashing me. But atleast have enough self dignity to say who you are. I'm in high school owning up to my own actions and you're probably some dad pissed off bashing me. Real cool.
I applaud you for admitting your mistakes! Head up and move on kid....you've got a bright future and the mistakes of your past should be left there. Onward and upward! See you in Columbus!
Old 03-06-17, 08:32 PM
All American

Thanks for clarifying that he ran out of blood time. That's as clear as can be now.
Old 03-06-17, 08:51 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
You can 'run out' of bloodtime?
Old 03-06-17, 09:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhillips View Post
You can 'run out' of bloodtime?
5 minutes is a LONG TIME. Must have been one heck of a cross face.