Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-13-18, 10:20 AM
Varsity

true blue is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
Tallmadge doesnt have JV's. That's why Barberton is playing Boardman this morning.
Exactly my pt !! Thx for magnifying what his last run was !!
Old 10-13-18, 10:29 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofaster99 View Post
This is why Tallmadge players are leaving for hoban and St. V. Never happened when vass was here because we did not blame the Victor. Our players worked harder to win!! Winningest coach in Tallmadge history!! New slogan ....no excuses.
Your new hashtag/ name gohomer99
Old 10-13-18, 10:32 AM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by true blue View Post
Exactly my pt !! Thx for magnifying what his last run was !!

His last run was off tackle to run out the clock. If you cant stop it, thats your problem not ours.

The previous two weeks against Ellet and Aurora ended with Barberton taking a knee inside their opponents ten yard line. Really wants to run up the score
Old 10-13-18, 10:50 AM
Varsity

BDevils18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
His last run was off tackle to run out the clock. If you cant stop it, thats your problem not ours.

The previous two weeks against Ellet and Aurora ended with Barberton taking a knee inside their opponents ten yard line. Really wants to run up the score
Why change it this week and run up the score? ?

It is obvious he is still upset about how he was let go.
Old 10-13-18, 10:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDevils18 View Post
Why change it this week and run up the score? ?

It is obvious he is still upset about how he was let go.
We didnt run up the score. Inside your opponents 10 and being at your own 12 are different situations. Perhaps you dont know that
Old 10-13-18, 11:03 AM
Varsity

You ran your superstar running back against a group of kids who haven't taken a meaningful snap at varsity or JV in 6 weeks. It was a great game and probably embarrassing fir Barberton to almost lose to a lowly Tallmadge team. Better give the stud back another TD so you can pretend it was a blowout.
Old 10-13-18, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You ran your superstar running back against a group of kids who haven't taken a meaningful snap at varsity or JV in 6 weeks. It was a great game and probably embarrassing fir Barberton to almost lose to a lowly Tallmadge team. Better give the stud back another TD so you can pretend it was a blowout.
Almost lost? LOL
Old 10-13-18, 11:09 AM
All American

jbica001 is on a distinguished road
My new Hashtag #TearsForTallmadge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-18, 11:12 AM
Freshman

Gofaster99 is on a distinguished road
Homer? Just saying it may help if Tallmadge quit whining about a meaningless touchdown and start figuring out how to keep your best players at home. Is that what you mean by homer
Old 10-13-18, 11:18 AM
Varsity

Exactly a great game to watch and not blaming or bashing the players here, you do what your coach tells ya. The bottom line is ego took the forefront and personal vendettas still remain. Let it go Coach and the Barberton program will thrive in a positive manner, and if not well continue your act and make this game yearly your high.
Old 10-13-18, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by true blue View Post
Exactly a great game to watch and not blaming or bashing the players here, you do what your coach tells ya. The bottom line is ego took the forefront and personal vendettas still remain. Let it go Coach and the Barberton program will thrive in a positive manner, and if not well continue your act and make this game yearly your high.
Yes, it's Coach's yearly high....Last years wins over St. V and the poundings of Benedictine and Bedford in the playoffs paled compared to beating up Tallmadge
Old 10-13-18, 11:35 AM
Freshman

Wow you are a very egotistical Tallmadge coach to presume your game has that much credence. Maybe again you should attend youth events and try to retain your best players.
Old 10-13-18, 11:58 AM
Freshman

A lowly Tallmadge team ??? There are some awesome athletes out on that filed that is a shame to blame the players for the coach's bad decision to give up!
Old 10-13-18, 12:33 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Yawn. Stay classy people.
Old 10-13-18, 12:40 PM
Freshman

A lowly Tallmadge team ??? There are some awesome athletes out on that filed that is a shame to blame the players for the coach's bad decision to give up!
Old 10-13-18, 01:01 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Yawn. Stay classy people.
That's all we were asking of Barberton. Us Tallmadge fans have pulled for Gotto to do well since he got there. Understood the running up the score in the past. It was well-deserved. Those days are now in the past. This is his 4th year coaching against Tallmadge. None of the kids were in his program. None of the coaches were in his program. Yes, the AD and his son are still part of the program and we know there is bad blood. Get over it.
Old 10-13-18, 01:37 PM
All American

Quote:
That's all we were asking of Barberton. Us Tallmadge fans have pulled for Gotto to do well since he got there. Understood the running up the score in the past. It was well-deserved. Those days are now in the past. This is his 4th year coaching against Tallmadge. None of the kids were in his program. None of the coaches were in his program. Yes, the AD and his son are still part of the program and we know there is bad blood. Get over it.

The only ones who haven’t seem to “Get over it” is you and the other crying Tallmadge fans who thinks a sophomore running back is going to stop himself from scoring? Did you ever stop to think he is trying to get to college by starting to make his name now?

Old 10-13-18, 01:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

BS....Tallmadge put 69, 51 and 49 points on us in consecutive years. Where were all your Blue Devil high horses then?

You lost. Get over it.
Old 10-13-18, 02:21 PM
All American

[QUOTE=frecriss;7143323]BS....Tallmadge put 69, 51 and 49 points on us in consecutive years. Where were all your Blue Devil high horses then?

#TearsForTallmadge

Old 10-13-18, 02:45 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
First of all, how was Coach Gotto to know that Tallmadge was going to put their backups in? ... they had their starters in the play before .... Tallmadge still trying to score on the play before ... Tallmadge still had a time out left, so Barberton could not have run the clock out and would have had to punt with around 30 second left ... anyone who has seen the Barberton punting unit know that is scary ... most of you are right, the final score did not indicate how close this game was ... Tallmadge played well ... but to say anything about Coach Gotto about the last score is misguided.
Old 10-13-18, 05:29 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I wasn't there, nor am I a fan of either team, but it seems to me that if a team is looking to run up a score they'd go with something other than a run off tackle.
Old 10-13-18, 06:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I wasn't there, nor am I a fan of either team, but it seems to me that if a team is looking to run up a score they'd go with something other than a run off tackle.
You mean running off tackle from your own 12 yard line is not a deliberate and blatant attempt to run up the score?????
Old 10-13-18, 06:09 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
First, I was there watching this game and knew it was going to be an issue as soon as I saw Tallmadge put their subs in and Barberton still had their starters.

Second, I really believe that coach Gotto wasn't aware that Tallmadge put the subs in. I think the next play he would have followed suit and brought his subs in.

Third, having watched Tallmadge all season, I was fairly confident that the Barberton RB would score a TD on that play if they handed him the ball.

Fourth, this is a unique situation for Tallmadge with such a small roster. To say it the nicest way, these were the last 11 players on Tallmadge's team getting on the field. It wasn't a traditional group of experienced subs. This group includes a couple Seniors.

Fifth, I think both sides need to step back and be a little more understanding. It didn't look good to the Tallmadge fans because they knew what the Blue Devils had done to accept the game was over. The Barberton fans (and coaches maybe) didn't know what a total mismatch they had on the field on that single play.

For the Barberton fans, please try to read into what I am posting without making me go into more detail.
Old 10-13-18, 07:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
First, I was there watching this game and knew it was going to be an issue as soon as I saw Tallmadge put their subs in and Barberton still had their starters.

Second, I really believe that coach Gotto wasn't aware that Tallmadge put the subs in. I think the next play he would have followed suit and brought his subs in.

Third, having watched Tallmadge all season, I was fairly confident that the Barberton RB would score a TD on that play if they handed him the ball.

Fourth, this is a unique situation for Tallmadge with such a small roster. To say it the nicest way, these were the last 11 players on Tallmadge's team getting on the field. It wasn't a traditional group of experienced subs. This group includes a couple Seniors.

Fifth, I think both sides need to step back and be a little more understanding. It didn't look good to the Tallmadge fans because they knew what the Blue Devils had done to accept the game was over. The Barberton fans (and coaches maybe) didn't know what a total mismatch they had on the field on that single play.

For the Barberton fans, please try to read into what I am posting without making me go into more detail.
Fair enough Yappi. I appreciate that you were there and you certainly have gained some credibility with your objectivity in the past.
Old 10-14-18, 01:00 AM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
IF Tallmadge indeed had 1 timeout left and Barberton would have been forced to punt that wasn't a cheap shot. If this was the case it sounds like the Tallmadge jumped the gun by pulling his starters. Get a stop. Return the punt to the house and get an onside kick, who knows. Its football. Crazier things have happened.
Old 10-14-18, 10:18 AM
Freshman

WAZUP is on a distinguished road
As I recall, with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, this was a 7 point game. I am guessing that Tallmadge gave Barberton their biggest challenge since Norton in week 1. Up until the last couple minutes of the game, I thought it was an exciting game to watch, especially since everyone I spoke to thought that Barberton would run away with it. As it should be, the Tallmadge and Barberton players made this a good high school game despite questionable calls by refs and questionable calls by coaches.