Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Admin > Hilliard Davidson Wildcats

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-06, 09:33 AM
Varsity

George is on a distinguished road
Any Basketball players from Hilliard ever go Pro?

If so,who,what team and years played.
Old 12-13-06, 10:35 AM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
If so,who,what team and years played.
I'm not aware of any basketball players who have gone pro. Furrey has to be one of the very few (and may be the only one) football players who have gone pro.
Old 05-21-08, 04:56 PM
All District

GymRat26 is on a distinguished road
Definitely no NBA players ever from Hilliard. Chris Maul ('95, walk-on at OU), Phil Wille ('98/ 4 years at Valpo), Jared Van Orden ('98/2 years at Eastern Michigan and 2 at Weber State) and Ken Ottrix ('03/1 year at OU) are the only D1 players we've ever had. I think Tim Goodenow ('97) originally was going to walk-on at BG, but I don't think that ever happened. Jared may have played oversea's for a little while, but I cannot be certain.

To my knowledge there have been many other Hilliard graduates in various pro leagues.

NFL:
Mike Furrey- ('95) WR, Northern Iowa/St. Louis Rams (UFA)/Detroit Lions (FA)
Mike Brake- ('99) TE, Akron/St. Louis Rams (UFA)

MLB:
Pete Shier- ('99) SS, Baltimore Orioles. Solid minor league career.
Drew Carravella-('98) 1B, Ohio Wesleyan/Detroit Tigers. One year in rookie ball.
Matt Furrey- ('92) OF, Ohio State/drafted by the Florida Marlins on '92, but never signed. Matt played professional softball for a few years.
Kevin Becker- ('91) P, Boston Red Sox. Played 2-3 seasons in the minors before an injury cut his career short.

MLS-
Eric Brunner ('04) started out his HS career at Davidson before transferring to Scioto. He was drafted by the New York Red Bulls this year after a stellar college career at OSU/Maryland. Currently unsigned with the Red Bulls because he does not want to take a pay cut as a developmental player not on the active roster. Recently invited to the US U-23 camp.

Others Hilliard natives in the pro's:
Cassie Cunningham (Hilliard, '95????/Capital) played women's professional softball for a while, I think, and is now the Head Coach at OWU.

Ethan Graham- (Darby, '00/Michigan State) currently plays hockey for the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL.

Tommy Rowlands (Bishop Ready, '99) is an Olympic caliber wrestler, and previously wrestled in the "Real Pro Wrestling" league, a traditional wrestling
based pro league.

Eric Starks- (Bishop Ready, '93) Undrafted free agent for the Indianapolis Colts after a solid career at BGSU, never played during NFL regular season.

Lindsay Eckles- Davidson, '99) is an All-Star K/WR for the Columbus Comets of the National Women's Football Association.

I think thats about it for Hilliard graduates in the pro's.
Old 05-21-14, 01:53 PM
Varsity

Cougar78 is on a distinguished road
Again, not basketball, and not much of a career yet, but Darby and Northwestern grad Jeremy Ebert has been with New England (twice), Philly and Jacksonville in the NFL. He's currently an unsigned FA.

Also, consider Nate Ebner, a Davidson graduate. He was a standout Rugby player, walked on at OSU and was a 6th round draft choice by the Patriots. I believe he's still on their roster, playing primarly special teams.

Then there's Taylor Price (Darby and OU), who has been on the rosters of the Patriots and Jacksonville, and was just recently signed by Seattle.
Old 05-21-14, 02:15 PM
Cooling Off

Shawn Kemps Kids is an unknown quantity at this point
If you ever want to know about any basketball players stats, measurements, where they went to college, high school, hometown, how much money they made and much more just visit basketballreference.com that thing is a goldmine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: