Originally Posted by Spread All Day
But look man. I watch the best teams in the state. No one in the aac is competing for a state title. Hubbard will be very good. In the region maybe. Not the state. That's just the difference. Same for my cats. I expect a week 11 game but no way do they win a state title. I just feel like you gotta earn the right to be in these conversations and Hubbard and struthers have not. Yet. Hopefully that changes.
I know brother but that's the mindset we have to change in our respective communities. Last year Struthers had one of the best and definitely the biggest offensive line in D4. Combine with a do everything big mobile QB. Your telling me they couldn't make noise? I understand the ball doesn't always bounce your way but from a talent perspective, Struthers imo was level with the field. Woodridge, Perry, Mooney were all of comparable talent in the region last season. Get out of the region and you have Steubenville. A team you guys scrimmage pretty tough every season and the same team that lost to a so so svsm team in the regular season. These teams are beatable spread. If you have the horses your already 70% of the way there. The other 30% is a combination of coaching and luck. In 2008 Hubbard lost 14-7 on a last second touchdown vs Aurora
In the regional semi final. Aurora won state that year. Hubbard was their closest game. Hubbard had the horses to win D3 in 2014 but that other 30% of coaching and luck let them down. Being in D4 makes a big difference imo. Although it's tough, this isn't as strong as D3 was a few years ago top to bottom. Now if only we can get our ADs on board to beef up the OOC. We'd really be in business.