Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-21-17, 01:06 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
A couple offensive linemen come to mind who also came from a little school in the MAC.

Both garnered All American status at DI schools (Ohio State, and Penn State), both were first round draft choices, both had Pro Bowl careers, and both retired with Super Bowl rings. Not bad for kids from a small school.

Well done Mr Lachey and Hartings.
and Jeff just became the Head Football coach at a Worthington HS.
Old 04-21-17, 05:20 AM
All American

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
and Jeff just became the Head Football coach at a Worthington HS.
congrats to him....
Old 04-24-17, 06:25 AM
Freshman

DDoubleG is on a distinguished road
There is a D7 Minster graduate playing at Tennessee and is considered one of the best TE in college.
Old 04-24-17, 07:45 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Iv'e coached at both a big and a small school, here comes the truth:

If you are a STUD, doesn't matter what size school you go to. Numbers mean d1 schools will have these more often than smaller schools, but small school kids get recruited.

It's when you're almost a stud when it gets different. If you're marginal, and the college didn't get the first kid they wanted, the big schools have an advantage. If college coaches are unsure, they often take the kid from the bigger school because they've seen him against better competition (athletically), (or because the staff is lazy...yes that happens).
Size of your school kinda becomes the tiebreaker, and alot of kids are tied because there really is no difference between 17-18 year olds from big or small schools.
The school I coach at now (d5) currently has a Big10 lineman who is a 3 year starter and holds most of his colleges weightroom records. We get a kid like that every 7-8 years, d1 schools 4 times our size get one every other year. (Unless they move there...some programs recruit themselves. Not accusing anyone of anything wrong, but in some cities all the good kids move to a few schools. That will skew the numbers up for them)
Old 04-26-17, 06:59 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Iv'e coached at both a big and a small school, here comes the truth:

If you are a STUD, doesn't matter what size school you go to. Numbers mean d1 schools will have these more often than smaller schools, but small school kids get recruited.

It's when you're almost a stud when it gets different. If you're marginal, and the college didn't get the first kid they wanted, the big schools have an advantage. If college coaches are unsure, they often take the kid from the bigger school because they've seen him against better competition (athletically), (or because the staff is lazy...yes that happens).
Size of your school kinda becomes the tiebreaker, and alot of kids are tied because there really is no difference between 17-18 year olds from big or small schools.
The school I coach at now (d5) currently has a Big10 lineman who is a 3 year starter and holds most of his colleges weightroom records. We get a kid like that every 7-8 years, d1 schools 4 times our size get one every other year. (Unless they move there...some programs recruit themselves. Not accusing anyone of anything wrong, but in some cities all the good kids move to a few schools. That will skew the numbers up for them)
Uh, nah there is a huge difference between small and big schools. The powers in D1 in the state have better weight rooms, nutritionists to work with the players, more trainers and in general a much better overall program to develop football players. Uh sorry, but that is just the way it is.
Old 04-26-17, 07:06 PM
Varsity

ctowner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, nah there is a huge difference between small and big schools. The powers in D1 in the state have better weight rooms, nutritionists to work with the players, more trainers and in general a much better overall program to develop football players. Uh sorry, but that is just the way it is.
Seriously? Your going to argue... with a COACH???

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-17, 07:12 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowner View Post
Seriously? Your going to argue... with a COACH???

Uh I haven't coached anywhere at any level but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Resort last night.
Old 04-26-17, 07:16 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster13 View Post
mactosis
Uh, nah been inoculated years ago. Called tellin it like it is,
Old 04-26-17, 07:23 PM
Varsity

ctowner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, nah been inoculated years ago. Called tellin it like it is,
That depends on what the meaning of IS is.

Old 04-26-17, 07:30 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowner View Post
That depends on what the meaning of IS is.

Uh, I know I have heard that before, but just cant place it. Uh now I know heard it after LOCK HER UP, OR BUILD THAT WALL, OR MEXICO WILL PAY FOR IT. Fantasies that will never happen.American public is really stupid.
Old 04-26-17, 08:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh I haven't coached anywhere at any level but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Resort last night.
probably more like a Motel 6
Old 04-26-17, 08:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh, I know I have heard that before, but just cant place it. Uh now I know heard it after LOCK HER UP, OR BUILD THAT WALL, OR MEXICO WILL PAY FOR IT. Fantasies that will never happen.American public is really stupid.
u actually going to go into some politics talk.....u are in over your head talking HS football.......imagine what would happen if you start with Politics
Old 04-26-17, 08:29 PM
All Ohio

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Boys, you're arguing with HOSER!!! What are you thinking? Seriously, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???
Old 04-26-17, 10:09 PM
All Region

fireflyer is on a distinguished road
In case someone doesn't know, Hoser is with us for comic relief only...he's usually not sober or even awake, but he's funny and once in a blue moon he says something intelligent. He's sort of like Otis on Andy Griffith, everyone loves him but he can't get a coherent sentence out. You can't argue with Hoser for the same reason. Trying causes one's IQ to drop. Resist the urge.
Old 04-27-17, 08:07 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
In case someone doesn't know, Hoser is with us for comic relief only...he's usually not sober or even awake, but he's funny and once in a blue moon he says something intelligent. He's sort of like Otis on Andy Griffith, everyone loves him but he can't get a coherent sentence out. You can't argue with Hoser for the same reason. Trying causes one's IQ to drop. Resist the urge.
Uh it is very clear that we have had a lot of arguments.
Old 04-27-17, 08:09 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
Boys, you're arguing with HOSER!!! What are you thinking? Seriously, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???
Uh, don't you love that Caps Lock button? Makes one sound really serious and intelligent.Dont you think?
Old 04-27-17, 08:51 AM
All Region

Quote:
Uh it is very clear that we have had a lot of arguments.
Not arguments, Hoser! Just disagreements. I have Mactosis (great term you invented), and there's no cure. You don't like that, but you really should be nicer to people with a terminal disease.I can't help it.
Old 04-27-17, 08:55 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Not arguments, Hoser! Just disagreements. I have Mactosis (great term you invented), and there's no cure. You don't like that, but you really should be nicer to people with a terminal disease.I can't help it.
Uh dude I have said thousands of times the MAC is by far the best small school league in the state. Can they compete with the big boys in the state? Noway. Believe it or not I'm trying to be nice. Sorry about your luck.
Old 04-27-17, 02:19 PM
All Region

Wow. That's very nice, thank you. I know there was some activity on here years ago (2013-2014 teams) that did say ML might be able to beat a DI or DII team. It may have been silly, or not, whatever--but no one meant any harm. I amuse myself with CalPreps, I once compared the 2014 Flyers to the 2016 Wayne Warriors (Huber Heights), and it had ML losing BY ONE POINT...I know CalPreps isn't the end-all and be-all, but that really was fun. Anyhoo, I haven't seen anyone make those brags lately, so assume we are all now in our right minds. Peace.
Old 04-27-17, 02:21 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh dude I have said thousands of times the MAC is by far the best small school league in the state. Can they compete with the big boys in the state? Noway. Believe it or not I'm trying to be nice. Sorry about your luck.
Yes you have made that claim "thousands" of times but know one has made the claim that MAC can "compete with big boys". Every year you have this same argument with yourself.
Old 04-27-17, 02:30 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There may be a few D1 schools (as you put it, the powers) that have better weight rooms, nutrionist, trainers etc than some MAC schools but the MAC programs are not far behind. The MAC schools have better facilities than a lot of colleges. I've seen it first hand.
When my son made visits to several D1 colleges (bad mid majors) that were recruiting him we were both very unimpressed by their facilities as they lagged far behind ours even before we built the new weight room.
Old 04-27-17, 04:51 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Yes you have made that claim "thousands" of times but know one has made the claim that MAC can "compete with big boys". Every year you have this same argument with yourself.
Uh, am I winning yet?
Old 04-27-17, 04:55 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
There may be a few D1 schools (as you put it, the powers) that have better weight rooms, nutrionist, trainers etc than some MAC schools but the MAC programs are not far behind. The MAC schools have better facilities than a lot of colleges. I've seen it first hand.
When my son made visits to several D1 colleges (bad mid majors) that were recruiting him we were both very unimpressed by their facilities as they lagged far behind ours even before we built the new weight room.
Uh, so a D6 or D7 school has better facilities than a D1 mid-major college team? Uh I call a BS 15 yard penalty, loss of down, donot pass go, donot collect 200 dollars and 15 minutes in the penalty box.
Old 04-27-17, 05:12 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh cant I be at least Deputy Fife? Love that one bullet routine. 98 lbs of constant movement. Sober aint all it is cracked up to be.I trust no one who doesn't drink.
Old 04-27-17, 06:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Uh cant I be at least Deputy Fife? Love that one bullet routine. 98 lbs of constant movement. Sober aint all it is cracked up to be.I trust no one who doesn't drink.
if your going to be a drunk...go ahead and set your goals high...be the best dang drunk that you can be
Old 04-27-17, 07:10 PM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Hoser, serious question here.

Have you ever been to a MAC game, or the area ? Only an hour and a half drive, due north of you.
Old 04-27-17, 08:25 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
if your going to be a drunk...go ahead and set your goals high...be the best dang drunk that you can be
Uh, speaking of Mayberry, Uh where exactly were you born?
Old 04-27-17, 08:28 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

Have you ever been to a MAC game, or the area ? Only an hour and a half drive, due north of you.
Uh saw Coldwater vs Badin a few years ago and have seen MAC teams on the tube many times. Very well coached kids who do what they are supposed to do on every play. In general very small kids and a lot slower game compared to D1 or D2. Good teams for small schools.
Old 04-27-17, 11:03 PM
Varsity

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:

How many big school games have you attended? I've watched ML vs Coldwater 5 times, watched both Coldwater vs Alter games(first game, the best game I've ever attended) and probably 10 more Coldwater games. Watched a buddies kid from Minster for 3 years on and off. My hometown is Sidney and I've watched all the MAC playoff teams for years in Sidney, Piqua and Wapak. This year if you can, Go down to Sidney and watch Gordon, Bowsher, Rodgers and Hudgins. Sidney has been mediocre for years. My opinion is those 4 are better than any athlete the entire MAC can produce. That's one D2 school. I've said for years that the MAC is the best small school league in the state and maybe the country. MAC is Good people, awesome atmosphere but when people start comparing Wayne to ML, that's when I lose you. Cal preps is a joke.
Old 04-28-17, 07:57 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
How many big school games have you attended? I've watched ML vs Coldwater 5 times, watched both Coldwater vs Alter games(first game, the best game I've ever attended) and probably 10 more Coldwater games. Watched a buddies kid from Minster for 3 years on and off. My hometown is Sidney and I've watched all the MAC playoff teams for years in Sidney, Piqua and Wapak. This year if you can, Go down to Sidney and watch Gordon, Bowsher, Rodgers and Hudgins. Sidney has been mediocre for years. My opinion is those 4 are better than any athlete the entire MAC can produce. That's one D2 school. I've said for years that the MAC is the best small school league in the state and maybe the country. MAC is Good people, awesome atmosphere but when people start comparing Wayne to ML, that's when I lose you. Cal preps is a joke.
Yet I would pick CW or ML over Sidney every time. And for the record, I don't think anyone is comparing ML to Wayne. That is what hoser keeps putting out there along with Moeller, Iggy, St X, LaSalle, etc. It's a strawman argument.