Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-15-17, 07:52 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Do not know what the big deal is about FR playing VV. FR is D-6 VV is D-4, Coldwater is D-6 playing D-4 Clinton Massie and Marion Local is D-6 playing D-3 Chaminade Julienne. When you are a small school and has had success it is difficult to find other small schools to schedule you.
Old 04-15-17, 09:03 AM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Let's assume that Coldwater and ML are both better than FR this year and win against the Tribe. That's 2 losses, that only leaves room for maybe one more loss against a DVII school (Minster or DSJ) and still have enough Harbins to make the playoffs. Valley View should be one of the top 3 Harbin Point opportunities on the schedule.
As I stated before, SH, VV, and Versailles are must wins for the Tribe. Those are all tough matchups.
Old 04-15-17, 05:36 PM
All American

Goldwater starts the season with Clinton-Massie on the road, Kenton at home, Marion Local at home and then at Fort Recovery. Pretty tough stretch to open with.
Old 04-16-17, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Do not know what the big deal is about FR playing VV. FR is D-6 VV is D-4, Coldwater is D-6 playing D-4 Clinton Massie and Marion Local is D-6 playing D-3 Chaminade Julienne. When you are a small school and has had success it is difficult to find other small schools to schedule you.
When ft rec gets beat by vv and misses the playoffs thst will be the big deal. . Cw and msml are proven team who can compete and win those sort of games. Ft rec should have scoured looking for a team they can beat so they can get at least a few points. They bit off more than they can chew.

Indiandad....cw has Kenton then cm and yeah, I think vs also bit off more than they can handle with cm
Old 04-16-17, 09:49 AM
All American

Valley View is returning a lot of starters (according to an acquaintance from Germantown). I expect them to be very tough and would say they are at least a 10 point favorite.
The big question for the Tribe is who starts under center?
Old 04-16-17, 10:43 AM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
What about the lack of secondary points coming into the league and potential effect on the rest of the teams.
Old 04-16-17, 10:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
What about the lack of secondary points coming into the league and potential effect on the rest of the teams.
Look at it the other way a lot of sec. pts. to be gained if these league schools win.
Old 04-16-17, 10:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
When ft rec gets beat by vv and misses the playoffs thst will be the big deal. . Cw and msml are proven team who can compete and win those sort of games. Ft rec should have scoured looking for a team they can beat so they can get at least a few points. They bit off more than they can chew.

Indiandad....cw has Kenton then cm and yeah, I think vs also bit off more than they can handle with cm
With 2 non-league games it is difficult for the top MAC schools to find schools willing to schedule them. ML still has an opening for 2018. FR will give VV all they can handle and would not be surprised if FR wins.
Old 04-16-17, 11:09 AM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Valley View is returning a lot of starters (according to an acquaintance from Germantown). I expect them to be very tough and would say they are at least a 10 point favorite.
I know the 8th grade had a pretty good QB last year.....who else will be in the race ?
Old 04-16-17, 11:12 AM
All District

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Definitely agree with you that the Fort will likely lose to Valley View. I didn't like that matchup either when I heard about it. But I also look at it this way. If your goal is simply to make the playoffs, then the Valley View game isn't real wise. But if your goal is to win state then you need that mentality of taking on all adversaries. After all, Coldwater, MSML, and Fort are all in the same division now. If Fort can't at least hang with Valley View, then they likely won't get by MSML or Coldwater in the playoffs anyway.
Old 04-16-17, 11:17 AM
All American

Quote:
I did see where VV beat Versailles 35-0 last year....if they are returning a bunch of starters next, could be a tough one....But I'm sure Coach neitkamp will have the Fort ready
Old 04-16-17, 11:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
Definitely agree with you that the Fort will likely lose to Valley View. I didn't like that matchup either when I heard about it. But I also look at it this way. If your goal is simply to make the playoffs, then the Valley View game isn't real wise. But if your goal is to win state then you need that mentality of taking on all adversaries. After all, Coldwater, MSML, and Fort are all in the same division now. If Fort can't at least hang with Valley View, then they likely won't get by MSML or Coldwater in the playoffs anyway.
Plus with the new world order boys babbling that if a school has the gumption to schedule up during the season they should also be slotted that way come play offs, so who knows where this all ends up down the road.
Old 04-16-17, 12:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
I did see where VV beat Versailles 35-0 last year....if they are returning a bunch of starters next, could be a tough one....But I'm sure Coach neitkamp will have the Fort ready
VV went 9-1 in the regular season and plays in the SWBL not a powerhouse football league. FR will do just fine against VV, I expect Will Homan to have a huge game and season for that matter.
Old 04-16-17, 12:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
I know the 8th grade had a pretty good QB last year.....who else will be in the race ?
Doubt if he is the starting QB this season but would not be surprised if he starts varsity at some position. Heard at the 8th grade level he was a beast.
Old 04-16-17, 01:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Doubt if he is the starting QB this season but would not be surprised if he starts varsity at some position. Heard at the 8th grade level he was a beast.
Schmitz, the incoming Freshman QB, has the arm and the athleticism for Varsity however it is yet to be determined if he can handle the mental side of it. We'll know by August.
Aside from him there is a Senior and a Junior in the mix.
Old 04-16-17, 01:10 PM
All American

Quote:
VV went 9-1 in the regular season and plays in the SWBL not a powerhouse football league. FR will do just fine against VV, I expect Will Homan to have a huge game and season for that matter.
Fort's line will be stout again. I would expect Homan to get 25 carries a game with an additional 15 spread around to other backs.
A strong running game is an inexperienced QB's best friend.
Old 04-16-17, 01:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
I agree.... but you can't win State if you don't make the playoffs. "Hanging with" VV doesn't get you points.

If the Fort starts a Freshman at QB wouldn't you rather have a little easier competition earlier in the season?
Old 04-16-17, 07:00 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Uh Valley View did go 9-1 regular season, but had 2 or 3 very close games that they pulled out against smaller schools.They got killed by Franklin 41-8 and Wyoming beat them in the playoffs 29-12. Valley View will be decent but have no chance against Franklin.
Old 04-17-17, 08:23 AM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Doesn't look like a mismatch:

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2016] Valley View (Germantown, OH) 28, [2016] Fort Recovery (OH) 21
Old 04-17-17, 11:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
so how much does VV have coming back?
Old 04-17-17, 02:45 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Can't speak on how much they have back, but Collin Genslinger is all kinds of fast.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/3882619/collin-genslinger

Kids have good angles on him and he erases them. He makes them a tough out if he's all they have, and I don't think he's all they have.
Old 04-17-17, 04:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
It is when you factor into it FR graduating its largest senior class in a decade or more including a DI QB.
Old 04-17-17, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It is when you factor into it FR graduating its largest senior class in a decade or more including a DI QB.
where is the QB going?
Old 04-17-17, 04:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Valley View did go 9-1 regular season, but had 2 or 3 very close games that they pulled out against smaller schools.They got killed by Franklin 41-8 and Wyoming beat them in the playoffs 29-12. Valley View will be decent but have no chance against Franklin.

Hoser, that was actually a somewhat informative, on subject response. You feeling poorly ?
Old 04-17-17, 04:53 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
where is the QB going?
Toledo...

He has a big arm. We have been spoiled watching him make throws on Friday nights that most only see on Saturday and Sunday.
Old 04-17-17, 06:54 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
Hoser, that was actually a somewhat informative, on subject response. You feeling poorly ?
Uh Dr. Feelgood, I am high on life. Uh I consider all my posts as "informative", uh you just need to listen a little better. Uh I feel beyond great.
Old 04-18-17, 12:15 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Toledo...

He has a big arm. We have been spoiled watching him make throws on Friday nights that most only see on Saturday and Sunday.
Impossible. Kids from small schools cannot get DI offers, but then again it would be easy to put up great numbers against 160lb linebackers...
Old 04-18-17, 05:54 AM
All American

Quote:
Toledo...

anybody else head to college to play football from that class....the Linebacker/guard/placekicker #78?
Old 04-18-17, 07:57 AM
All American

Quote:
Fort had 10 srs. last season that may have been their largest class in a decade but it is not like it was a huge class. This upcoming season if all the jrs. who were on the team last season go out this year, FR will have 13 srs and a jr. in Will Homan who will be one of the top players in the MAC.
Old 04-18-17, 05:59 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Impossible. Kids from small schools cannot get DI offers, but then again it would be easy to put up great numbers against 160lb linebackers...
Uh nah, not impossible, but every 10 years or so , 3 or 4 kids will go bigtime college football.UH what you "Mactosis" guys cant understand is the sheer numerical odds of someone from a D5 or D6 school going bigtime. St X has 90 kids on their freshmen team. D1 teams have twice as many kids on their varsity as D5 and D6 teams. Uh you are right 160 LBS in the bigtime would have no chance. The MAC is the best small school league in the state. Would they have any chance against the Powers in the state ? Uh no and *ell no.