Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-17, 05:22 PM
fireflyer fireflyer is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 215
fireflyer is on a distinguished road
Big Shakeup for the MAC

Can't believe no one else has posted on this yet. Coldwater is dropped to DVI...ML remains in DVI, and Fort Recovery is now DVI. These are my thoughts: first, I actually feel sorry for other DVI contenders; it may be impossible for other contenders to beat Coldwater...and for the first time in recent history, Marion Local may lose a state title within the MAC. Wow. Crazy. Poor Covington. Poor Mechanicsburg...this does not bode well for them this year. And last, I think this is brainless, to be nice. Other thoughts?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-08-17, 10:09 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 1,432
bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
Can't believe no one else has posted on this yet. Coldwater is dropped to DVI...ML remains in DVI, and Fort Recovery is now DVI. These are my thoughts: first, I actually feel sorry for other DVI contenders; it may be impossible for other contenders to beat Coldwater...and for the first time in recent history, Marion Local may lose a state title within the MAC. Wow. Crazy. Poor Covington. Poor Mechanicsburg...this does not bode well for them this year. And last, I think this is brainless, to be nice. Other thoughts?
I heard there is an article from Coach Otten floating around on the internet on his feelings concerning Coldwater dropping down to DIV 6, I haven't seen it yet...if someone has would you please post it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-17, 10:14 PM
andre andre is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 112
andre is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about this one. http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...02nlkfhuo2g7O/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-17, 10:53 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 1,891
serpico is on a distinguished road
I've seen plenty of hand-wringing and conspiracy theories floating around MAC-land social media accounts the past couple days, so let me be the first to classify it all as crap.

The numbers dictate which teams go into which divisions. There was no grand plan to lump recent MAC heavyweights in one division. There is also no guarantee Coldwater or Marion Local will be up to their recent levels of competition, as both lost a lot of starters. Just let the kids play and let the chips fall where they may.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-17, 06:46 AM
Bengal WhoDey Bengal WhoDey is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Posts: 201
Bengal WhoDey is on a distinguished road
Agreed, serpico!

It will make the playoff situation more interesting, which I am happy about.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-17, 09:07 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 1,432
bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
that is probably the one...I think Coach Otten gave some strange remarks.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-09-17, 12:12 PM
fireflyer fireflyer is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 215
fireflyer is on a distinguished road
I reluctantly also agree, Serpico. I just hate change. I really loved how it was, and I wish it didn't have to be different now. I've never believed there's any conspiracy--it is what it is. Has Goldwater and ML ever been in the same div.before? I only go back 6-7 years with the Flyers...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-09-17, 01:02 PM
stripedwarrior stripedwarrior is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 42
stripedwarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
I reluctantly also agree, Serpico. I just hate change. I really loved how it was, and I wish it didn't have to be different now. I've never believed there's any conspiracy--it is what it is. Has Goldwater and ML ever been in the same div.before? I only go back 6-7 years with the Flyers...
Definitely not since 2000. Maybe back when there were only 4 divisions?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-09-17, 01:13 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 746
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Hartley and Kettering Alter to D3. Coldwater to D6. CB is basically putting all the good teams in D1, D3, and D6
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-09-17, 02:32 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 366
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
Can't believe no one else has posted on this yet. Coldwater is dropped to DVI...ML remains in DVI, and Fort Recovery is now DVI. These are my thoughts: first, I actually feel sorry for other DVI contenders; it may be impossible for other contenders to beat Coldwater...and for the first time in recent history, Marion Local may lose a state title within the MAC. Wow. Crazy. Poor Covington. Poor Mechanicsburg...this does not bode well for them this year. And last, I think this is brainless, to be nice. Other thoughts?
The OOC games for those three teams as well as SH will be incredibly important especially if all 4 are in the same region, which I assume they will be. Looking at Fort Recovery's schedule, the Valley View game is critical as will be the Versailles and Saint Henry games. Harbin Points could be tough to come by.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-09-17, 03:17 PM
Msfootball Msfootball is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-23-14
Posts: 68
Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Kinda surprised Fort took that game with Valley View. I have no idea what Valley View has returning this year, but historically I would expect the Fort to lose this one.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-09-17, 03:25 PM
fireflyer fireflyer is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 215
fireflyer is on a distinguished road
Well then, ML's FIRST matchup may be a clutch game. Chaminade Julienne, out of Dayton, plays ML at home. And CB just placed CJ in DIII...so if ML wins, I imagine that's solid gold Harbins...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-09-17, 05:11 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 366
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
Kinda surprised Fort took that game with Valley View. I have no idea what Valley View has returning this year, but historically I would expect the Fort to lose this one.
I asked that very question to Coach Niekamp and he said that Fort Loramie dropped FR because they couldn't compete. FR was scrambling to find a replacement game. Valley View was the only available team that was willing to play FR.

FR is not an attractive OOC opponent.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-09-17, 05:18 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 1,432
bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I asked that very question to Coach Niekamp and he said that Fort Loramie dropped FR because they couldn't compete. FR was scrambling to find a replacement game. Valley View was the only available team that was willing to play FR.

FR is not an attractive OOC opponent.
I guess they were to Valley View..... where is that game played at?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-09-17, 05:21 PM
Basement Bias Basement Bias is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-14-15
Posts: 89
Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not buying this was a happy accident that all these schools were lumped together. I went to school in Indiana bordering the Van Wert & Mercer County line. I think it's BS and that they want less MAC football titles. Instead of 3 they basically could have 2.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-09-17, 07:07 PM
Blue Jay Fan Blue Jay Fan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-04-03
Location: Delphos
Posts: 721
Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
I'm not buying this was a happy accident that all these schools were lumped together. I went to school in Indiana bordering the Van Wert & Mercer County line. I think it's BS and that they want less MAC football titles. Instead of 3 they basically could have 2.
How did they rig the system? The enrollment numbers + CB put them all in Div VI and geography puts them in the same region. If any of them disagree they can file a complaint but the numbers are the numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-09-17, 08:18 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 366
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
I guess they were to Valley View..... where is that game played at?
There weren't a lot of options..... However, I'm glad we got them on the schedule. There are a lot of points for the taking if the Indians can win.

I think it is at Germantown.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-09-17, 08:20 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 366
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
How did they rig the system? The enrollment numbers + CB put them all in Div VI and geography puts them in the same region. If any of them disagree they can file a complaint but the numbers are the numbers.
FR was going to be DVI regardless of CB.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-09-17, 08:30 PM
IndianaBanana IndianaBanana is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-26-16
Posts: 48
IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
From what I understand, FL wasn't able to keep FR on the schedule due to their induction to the CCC.

Also, I hear Jay County will be back on the Indians schedule in the next year or two. Hoping that match up can stick, if the rumors are true. Natural rivals, large crowd, and most important, the Fort's personal computer point gold mine.

Is Valley View a one or two year contract? Is this the last or 2nd last year with Lehman?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-09-17, 08:53 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 366
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaBanana View Post
From what I understand, FL wasn't able to keep FR on the schedule due to their induction to the CCC.

Also, I hear Jay County will be back on the Indians schedule in the next year or two. Hoping that match up can stick, if the rumors are true. Natural rivals, large crowd, and most important, the Fort's personal computer point gold mine.

Is Valley View a one or two year contract? Is this the last or 2nd last year with Lehman?
Lehman is on the schedule for the next 2 seasons. VV isn't even listed on the MAC official site schedule yet so I don't know if it is more than a 1 year contract.

Personally I'd like to see Indian Lake on the schedule.

Jay County will struggle to get 3-4 wins each year but as a DII school it is still a Harbins gold mine.l
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-09-17, 09:22 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 1,374
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
I'm not buying this was a happy accident that all these schools were lumped together.
Coldwater needs to be protected from the unfair advantages of football superpowers VASJ, Bishop Ready, Purcell Marian, Gilmour Academy, Worthington Christian, Van Buren, Northwood, and, of course, Canton Central Catholic who used their completely unfair advantages to totally dominate the Cavaliers in the title game last season. Instead of complaining about Marion Local, they need to focus on the elevated football empires in their new division - Lutheran East, Cardinal Stritch, Troy Christian, and Steubenville Central Catholic. These teams have just been bumped up to D-VI and are looking for retribution.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-09-17, 11:56 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,599
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I asked that very question to Coach Niekamp and he said that Fort Loramie dropped FR because they couldn't compete. FR was scrambling to find a replacement game. Valley View was the only available team that was willing to play FR.

FR is not an attractive OOC opponent.
I hope FR can compete going fwd or did they just run into a solid class or two. I know, all juggernauts start somewhere and it remains to be seen if they can continue.

It will be entirely difficult with MSML, CW and SH in their same region.

Did they bumped because of students OE in?

CW looks to take another stop back but either way....MSML or CW streak of finals games will end this year




That VV matchup now becomes paramount for FR. I didn't like that game when it was scheduled, and dislike it even more now.

but if they can win that one.............
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-10-17, 07:26 AM
big medicine big medicine is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 233
big medicine is on a distinguished road
Help me get this straight in my head here about Marion Local getting 10 competitive balance points added to it's total. I assume this is mostly Celina district kids who transferred over after the Montezuma elementary school closed.

What is the breakdown on points added per student based on what grade they are in when they change districts ?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-10-17, 07:50 AM
dograt dograt is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-29-03
Location: Dayton
Posts: 528
dograt is on a distinguished road
+1 per kid if they don't live in district, but has attended since 7th grade.
+2 per kid if they don't live in district and moved in after 7th grade.

So ML has 10 kids been there since at least 7th grade, or 5 that moved in after, or some combination.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-10-17, 09:34 AM
big medicine big medicine is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 233
big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
+1 per kid if they don't live in district, but has attended since 7th grade.
+2 per kid if they don't live in district and moved in after 7th grade.

So ML has 10 kids been there since at least 7th grade, or 5 that moved in after, or some combination.


So is that for the entire student body, or just on the football team ?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-10-17, 09:39 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 6,517
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
So is that for the entire student body, or just on the football team ?
Just the kids on that sports roster is my understanding. If your school has a bunch of transfers but none play football, it doesn't impact football.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-10-17, 09:43 AM
serpico serpico is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 1,891
serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
Help me get this straight in my head here about Marion Local getting 10 competitive balance points added to it's total. I assume this is mostly Celina district kids who transferred over after the Montezuma elementary school closed.

What is the breakdown on points added per student based on what grade they are in when they change districts ?
Yes, mainly Montezuma kids but also a few that live close to the border but actually live in other districts.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-10-17, 10:03 AM
big medicine big medicine is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 233
big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Yes, mainly Montezuma kids but also a few that live close to the border but actually live in other districts.

The non Montezuma transfers kind of surprise me, unless maybe they are a historically Marion family that bought property outside the district.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-10-17, 01:33 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 746
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Can Coldwater just play up a division?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-10-17, 04:45 PM
hoser hoser is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 6,809
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Can Coldwater just play up a division?
Uh, how about the AFC Central. Bengals are imploding,Steelers and big Ben are on the downside of the hill, Cleveland is a train wreck, and who knows about the Ravens.Coldwater vs Cleveland, now that is a matchup made in heaven.Uh nah maybe 3 divisions. Uh nah make it 5 divisions Coldwater vs St Eds, or Moeller? UH or Coldwater could play the 90 freshmen on the StX team. Uh if only they would give us a chance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Top Division III Football Team in Yappi.com History? Yappi Football 44 07-06-15 11:03 AM
GlenOak vs Nordonia on Big Time Sports TV Bigtimesportsohio Softball 0 05-26-15 08:25 PM
Regional Volleyball on Big Time Sports TV Bigtimesportsohio Volleyball 1 10-25-14 11:01 AM
Steubenville Big Red 2014 Predictions FairwoodKing Football 119 07-14-14 06:19 AM
Big Supreme Court win for big broadcasters Yappi General Board 1 06-25-14 03:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz