Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-08-17, 05:22 PM
All District

fireflyer is on a distinguished road
Big Shakeup for the MAC

Can't believe no one else has posted on this yet. Coldwater is dropped to DVI...ML remains in DVI, and Fort Recovery is now DVI. These are my thoughts: first, I actually feel sorry for other DVI contenders; it may be impossible for other contenders to beat Coldwater...and for the first time in recent history, Marion Local may lose a state title within the MAC. Wow. Crazy. Poor Covington. Poor Mechanicsburg...this does not bode well for them this year. And last, I think this is brainless, to be nice. Other thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-17, 10:09 PM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
Can't believe no one else has posted on this yet. Coldwater is dropped to DVI...ML remains in DVI, and Fort Recovery is now DVI. These are my thoughts: first, I actually feel sorry for other DVI contenders; it may be impossible for other contenders to beat Coldwater...and for the first time in recent history, Marion Local may lose a state title within the MAC. Wow. Crazy. Poor Covington. Poor Mechanicsburg...this does not bode well for them this year. And last, I think this is brainless, to be nice. Other thoughts?
I heard there is an article from Coach Otten floating around on the internet on his feelings concerning Coldwater dropping down to DIV 6, I haven't seen it yet...if someone has would you please post it?
Old 04-08-17, 10:14 PM
All District

andre is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about this one. http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...02nlkfhuo2g7O/
Old 04-08-17, 10:53 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
I've seen plenty of hand-wringing and conspiracy theories floating around MAC-land social media accounts the past couple days, so let me be the first to classify it all as crap.

The numbers dictate which teams go into which divisions. There was no grand plan to lump recent MAC heavyweights in one division. There is also no guarantee Coldwater or Marion Local will be up to their recent levels of competition, as both lost a lot of starters. Just let the kids play and let the chips fall where they may.
Old 04-09-17, 06:46 AM
All District

Bengal WhoDey is on a distinguished road
Agreed, serpico!

It will make the playoff situation more interesting, which I am happy about.
Old 04-09-17, 09:07 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
that is probably the one...I think Coach Otten gave some strange remarks.....
Old 04-09-17, 12:12 PM
All District

I reluctantly also agree, Serpico. I just hate change. I really loved how it was, and I wish it didn't have to be different now. I've never believed there's any conspiracy--it is what it is. Has Goldwater and ML ever been in the same div.before? I only go back 6-7 years with the Flyers...
Old 04-09-17, 01:02 PM
Junior Varsity

stripedwarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I reluctantly also agree, Serpico. I just hate change. I really loved how it was, and I wish it didn't have to be different now. I've never believed there's any conspiracy--it is what it is. Has Goldwater and ML ever been in the same div.before? I only go back 6-7 years with the Flyers...
Definitely not since 2000. Maybe back when there were only 4 divisions?
Old 04-09-17, 01:13 PM
All Ohio

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Hartley and Kettering Alter to D3. Coldwater to D6. CB is basically putting all the good teams in D1, D3, and D6
Old 04-09-17, 02:32 PM
All Region

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The OOC games for those three teams as well as SH will be incredibly important especially if all 4 are in the same region, which I assume they will be. Looking at Fort Recovery's schedule, the Valley View game is critical as will be the Versailles and Saint Henry games. Harbin Points could be tough to come by.
Old 04-09-17, 03:17 PM
Varsity

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Kinda surprised Fort took that game with Valley View. I have no idea what Valley View has returning this year, but historically I would expect the Fort to lose this one.
Old 04-09-17, 03:25 PM
All District

Well then, ML's FIRST matchup may be a clutch game. Chaminade Julienne, out of Dayton, plays ML at home. And CB just placed CJ in DIII...so if ML wins, I imagine that's solid gold Harbins...
Old 04-09-17, 05:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
Kinda surprised Fort took that game with Valley View. I have no idea what Valley View has returning this year, but historically I would expect the Fort to lose this one.
I asked that very question to Coach Niekamp and he said that Fort Loramie dropped FR because they couldn't compete. FR was scrambling to find a replacement game. Valley View was the only available team that was willing to play FR.

FR is not an attractive OOC opponent.
Old 04-09-17, 05:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I asked that very question to Coach Niekamp and he said that Fort Loramie dropped FR because they couldn't compete. FR was scrambling to find a replacement game. Valley View was the only available team that was willing to play FR.

I guess they were to Valley View..... where is that game played at?
Old 04-09-17, 05:21 PM
Varsity

Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not buying this was a happy accident that all these schools were lumped together. I went to school in Indiana bordering the Van Wert & Mercer County line. I think it's BS and that they want less MAC football titles. Instead of 3 they basically could have 2.
Old 04-09-17, 07:07 PM
All Ohio

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
I'm not buying this was a happy accident that all these schools were lumped together. I went to school in Indiana bordering the Van Wert & Mercer County line. I think it's BS and that they want less MAC football titles. Instead of 3 they basically could have 2.
How did they rig the system? The enrollment numbers + CB put them all in Div VI and geography puts them in the same region. If any of them disagree they can file a complaint but the numbers are the numbers.
Old 04-09-17, 08:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
I guess they were to Valley View..... where is that game played at?
There weren't a lot of options..... However, I'm glad we got them on the schedule. There are a lot of points for the taking if the Indians can win.

I think it is at Germantown.
Old 04-09-17, 08:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
How did they rig the system? The enrollment numbers + CB put them all in Div VI and geography puts them in the same region. If any of them disagree they can file a complaint but the numbers are the numbers.
FR was going to be DVI regardless of CB.
Old 04-09-17, 08:30 PM
Junior Varsity

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
From what I understand, FL wasn't able to keep FR on the schedule due to their induction to the CCC.

Also, I hear Jay County will be back on the Indians schedule in the next year or two. Hoping that match up can stick, if the rumors are true. Natural rivals, large crowd, and most important, the Fort's personal computer point gold mine.

Is Valley View a one or two year contract? Is this the last or 2nd last year with Lehman?
Old 04-09-17, 08:53 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaBanana View Post
From what I understand, FL wasn't able to keep FR on the schedule due to their induction to the CCC.

Also, I hear Jay County will be back on the Indians schedule in the next year or two. Hoping that match up can stick, if the rumors are true. Natural rivals, large crowd, and most important, the Fort's personal computer point gold mine.

Is Valley View a one or two year contract? Is this the last or 2nd last year with Lehman?
Lehman is on the schedule for the next 2 seasons. VV isn't even listed on the MAC official site schedule yet so I don't know if it is more than a 1 year contract.

Personally I'd like to see Indian Lake on the schedule.

Jay County will struggle to get 3-4 wins each year but as a DII school it is still a Harbins gold mine.l
Old 04-09-17, 09:22 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
I'm not buying this was a happy accident that all these schools were lumped together.
Coldwater needs to be protected from the unfair advantages of football superpowers VASJ, Bishop Ready, Purcell Marian, Gilmour Academy, Worthington Christian, Van Buren, Northwood, and, of course, Canton Central Catholic who used their completely unfair advantages to totally dominate the Cavaliers in the title game last season. Instead of complaining about Marion Local, they need to focus on the elevated football empires in their new division - Lutheran East, Cardinal Stritch, Troy Christian, and Steubenville Central Catholic. These teams have just been bumped up to D-VI and are looking for retribution.
Old 04-09-17, 11:56 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post

I hope FR can compete going fwd or did they just run into a solid class or two. I know, all juggernauts start somewhere and it remains to be seen if they can continue.

It will be entirely difficult with MSML, CW and SH in their same region.

Did they bumped because of students OE in?

CW looks to take another stop back but either way....MSML or CW streak of finals games will end this year

That VV matchup now becomes paramount for FR. I didn't like that game when it was scheduled, and dislike it even more now.

but if they can win that one.............
Old 04-10-17, 07:26 AM
All District

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Help me get this straight in my head here about Marion Local getting 10 competitive balance points added to it's total. I assume this is mostly Celina district kids who transferred over after the Montezuma elementary school closed.

What is the breakdown on points added per student based on what grade they are in when they change districts ?
Old 04-10-17, 07:50 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
+1 per kid if they don't live in district, but has attended since 7th grade.
+2 per kid if they don't live in district and moved in after 7th grade.

So ML has 10 kids been there since at least 7th grade, or 5 that moved in after, or some combination.
Old 04-10-17, 09:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
+1 per kid if they don't live in district, but has attended since 7th grade.
+2 per kid if they don't live in district and moved in after 7th grade.

So ML has 10 kids been there since at least 7th grade, or 5 that moved in after, or some combination.

So is that for the entire student body, or just on the football team ?
Old 04-10-17, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
So is that for the entire student body, or just on the football team ?
Just the kids on that sports roster is my understanding. If your school has a bunch of transfers but none play football, it doesn't impact football.
Old 04-10-17, 09:43 AM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
Help me get this straight in my head here about Marion Local getting 10 competitive balance points added to it's total. I assume this is mostly Celina district kids who transferred over after the Montezuma elementary school closed.

What is the breakdown on points added per student based on what grade they are in when they change districts ?
Yes, mainly Montezuma kids but also a few that live close to the border but actually live in other districts.
Old 04-10-17, 10:03 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Yes, mainly Montezuma kids but also a few that live close to the border but actually live in other districts.

The non Montezuma transfers kind of surprise me, unless maybe they are a historically Marion family that bought property outside the district.
Old 04-10-17, 01:33 PM
All Ohio

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Can Coldwater just play up a division?
Old 04-10-17, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Can Coldwater just play up a division?
Uh, how about the AFC Central. Bengals are imploding,Steelers and big Ben are on the downside of the hill, Cleveland is a train wreck, and who knows about the Ravens.Coldwater vs Cleveland, now that is a matchup made in heaven.Uh nah maybe 3 divisions. Uh nah make it 5 divisions Coldwater vs St Eds, or Moeller? UH or Coldwater could play the 90 freshmen on the StX team. Uh if only they would give us a chance.