Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-07-17, 01:10 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
The Akron Holy War STVM-Hoban Movie Preview

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-17, 01:19 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Whoever made that, great job!! Definitely ready for some football right now.
Old 04-07-17, 02:51 PM
All District

Rambo1980 is on a distinguished road
Looks good!
Old 04-07-17, 10:22 PM
All Yappi

Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Nice!
Old 04-08-17, 02:54 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Final Release of the Film

The Final Release of the Holy War Film will be this Fall of 2017
Old 04-08-17, 08:46 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Over the last 15-20 years it certainly has been a streaky rivalry. Hoban won 8-9 years in a row, then ST. V did the same. Now Hoban has won the last 4 meetings. It has been a little strange that way.
Old 04-08-17, 09:04 AM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Over the last 15-20 years it certainly has been a streaky rivalry. Hoban won 8-9 years in a row, then ST. V did the same. Now Hoban has won the last 4 meetings. It has been a little strange that way.
Who will be favored to win this year and by roughly how many? Just looking for peoples humble opinions. I know it's a great rivalry, and I am planning on coming. But only if it is not expected to be a 3+ TD winner. Both teams return a lot? Either have some up and coming solid talent? How and who replace Clark and Sibley for Hoban? Obviously I'll have 4 weeks of games to decide if it looks like it will be a good game or not. But would love to read some early predictions. And is the game 100% sure that it is at Infocision?
Old 04-08-17, 11:19 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
Who will be favored to win this year and by roughly how many? Just looking for peoples humble opinions. I know it's a great rivalry, and I am planning on coming. But only if it is not expected to be a 3+ TD winner. Both teams return a lot? Either have some up and coming solid talent? How and who replace Clark and Sibley for Hoban? Obviously I'll have 4 weeks of games to decide if it looks like it will be a good game or not. But would love to read some early predictions. And is the game 100% sure that it is at Infocision?
Both teams are going through some changes. At least early on, I'd suspect Hoban's offense will likely not be as strong, but the Irish defense won't be as stout either. The Irish offense should be much better, while the Hoban defense will be strong once again. Over the last couple of seasons, Hoban has won 4 times. The two regular season games have been pretty one-sided, while the two playoff games have been barn burners. With the changes in personnel, I would think Hoban would still be favored, but not by a lot.
Old 04-08-17, 12:39 PM
All American

And, yes, the game will definitely be at Infocision.
Old 04-08-17, 01:13 PM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your input Irish60. As of now that would be my week 5 game to see. So weeks 1,2,3,4,5, 9, and 10 are more than likely done deals for me as far as the game(s) of the week to see. Still working on 6,7,8. Have some nice options for 6-8, but not ready to commit to which one(s) yet. But looking forward to another great year of Ohio HS football.
Old 04-08-17, 01:21 PM
All Region

Irish02 is on a distinguished road
I for one am looking forward to this
Old 04-08-17, 07:14 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Awesome. This is one of the few things, that really makes me miss Akron. Go Irish !
Old 04-12-17, 10:21 AM
All District

Make a Play is on a distinguished road
Half of this was great! The other half that focused on Hoban, not so much.
Old 04-12-17, 01:24 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make a Play View Post
Half of this was great! The other half that focused on Hoban, not so much.
The creator is from Hoban so you should be grateful SVSM got half!

Was that Romeo Travis in the video or a look-alike?
Old 04-12-17, 01:38 PM
All District

Make a Play is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
The creator is from Hoban so you should be grateful SVSM got half!

Was that Romeo Travis in the video or a look-alike?
Yeah, I get it. It doesn't mean I have to like the Hoban part.
Old 04-12-17, 02:19 PM
All District

styx is on a distinguished road
This is cute and all, but Dover-Phila games are way better, towns less than half the size of Akron and have twice the crowd. That Infocision game between hoban and svsm I went to for the regional semfinal this last year had like 5k tops.
Old 04-12-17, 03:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
This is cute and all, but Dover-Phila games are way better, towns less than half the size of Akron and have twice the crowd. That Infocision game between hoban and svsm I went to for the regional semfinal this last year had like 5k tops.
Maybe, but the Hoban-STVM game is of statewide interest. Dover-New Philadelphia doesn't cause much of a stir outside of Tuscarawas County.

Last edited by Irish60; 04-12-17 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-12-17, 04:41 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Unfortunately, no one out of Tuscarawas County will ever know as no one down there has mastered their Betamax camcorder well enough to film a documentary.
Old 04-12-17, 04:59 PM
All Region

Paydirt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This game has determined the winner of the D3 title four of the past five years. The Dover / Philly game........well not so much.
Old 04-12-17, 06:46 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
All the lists I've seen have mass-mck, Troy-piqua, Dover-Phila, iggy-eds. Literally never seen this referenced.

There's about 10 books on the Dover Phila rivalry. They were playing football for generations before either of those 2 Akron schools existed. Not knocking it, I'm sure to those schools it is a big deal. But a couple painted cars and tight crowd shots of half empty stadiums don't touch the snake dance, bonfires, rallies in the allies or pageantry of Dover Phila week.

When you guys play, it's two buildings squaring off, when Dover and Phila play, it's two communities. I've been to Claymont-Indian Valley games that had bigger crowds.

When I want to go see Dover Phila or mass-Mck, I can't just go up to the gate and get tickets. Can I at Hoban-SVSM?
Old 04-12-17, 08:07 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
All the lists I've seen have mass-mck, Troy-piqua, Dover-Phila, iggy-eds. Literally never seen this referenced.

There's about 10 books on the Dover Phila rivalry. They were playing football for generations before either of those 2 Akron schools existed. Not knocking it, I'm sure to those schools it is a big deal. But a couple painted cars and tight crowd shots of half empty stadiums don't touch the snake dance, bonfires, rallies in the allies or pageantry of Dover Phila week.

When you guys play, it's two buildings squaring off, when Dover and Phila play, it's two communities. I've been to Claymont-Indian Valley games that had bigger crowds.

When I want to go see Dover Phila or mass-Mck, I can't just go up to the gate and get tickets. Can I at Hoban-SVSM?
The last ticket you purchased was on November 5 when STVM came down and emptied the sacred Crater Stadium half way through the third quarter. That place was a ghost town by the time the running clock started.
Old 04-12-17, 08:45 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When I was a kid, I remember going to this game at the Rubber Bowl, and there were huge crowds. This whole city of Akron was fired up. When I moved to Stow, this was before Walsh, I remember signs and streamers on houses and in yards. A lot of Catholics in Summit County, and this game brought them all out.
Old 04-12-17, 09:03 PM
All American

Don't bother with the Dover trolls anymore. It's the same tired "You are a building, we are a community" mantra they chant as they are trudging back to their cars in the middle of the third quarter of another blow out loss. If it makes them feel superior, let them have their little pipe dreams.
Old 04-12-17, 09:09 PM
All American

I hope the film doesn't concentrate too much on the last several years. With the 2 teams winning 4 of the last 5 state titles, that would be easy to do! But it looks like it is going to cover a broader history of the rivalry and what it has meant to the City; which would be a neat retrospective.
Old 04-13-17, 08:31 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Don't bother with the Dover trolls anymore. It's the same tired "You are a building, we are a community" mantra they chant as they are trudging back to their cars in the middle of the third quarter of another blow out loss. If it makes them feel superior, let them have their little pipe dreams.
I'll have you know we walk home, not to our cars, from the blow out losses. You can do that when a heroin epidemic isn't ravaging your crime riddled dumpster fire of a city.
Old 04-13-17, 08:40 AM
All Region

Quote:
I'll have you know we walk home, not to our cars, from the blow out losses. You can do that when a heroin epidemic isn't ravaging your crime riddled dumpster fire of a city.
http://wksu.org/news/feature/heroin/38469

Hey pot.......kettle is calling.
Old 04-13-17, 09:16 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paydirt View Post
http://wksu.org/news/feature/heroin/38469

Hey pot.......kettle is calling.
http://www.cleveland19.com/story/306...r-sons-tragedy

Here's the follow up story. I know their family, great people. We've tackled this problem head on, as you do when you have a sense of community. You don't build higher walls, you build a bigger table.
Old 04-13-17, 09:38 AM
All American

westa-k-ron1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Come on man, there is no where in North East Ohio that's not deeply affected by this Heroine epidemic. Let's be above the belt when it comes to issues of life and death.
Old 04-13-17, 09:56 AM
All American

Quote:
Some things Journey will never see:
1. A CBP that will carve up divisions in a manner that will give Dover an actual shot a a State title;
2. A second date with a female that cannot also be used as a flotation device;
3. The 4th quarter of a STVM-Dover game.
Old 04-13-17, 10:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa-k-ron1 View Post
Let's be above the belt when it comes to issues of life and death.
Let's not. Maybe if Akron's successful families engaged in their community instead of separating themselves from it, Akron wouldn't have more overdose deaths than St. V has D1 recruits.