Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-09-17, 10:31 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawtg135 View Post
As if the culture on that campus wasn't already bad enough. Enrollment is way down and dorns are closing. Truly despicable act. Prayers and best wishes for healing. I hope the thugs get justice.
Got a link to back any of this up?
Old 04-09-17, 10:34 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Indian View Post
Mr. Myers is right on this one. The police may not be releasing information for a valid reason. I'm sure the story of what happened will come out in due time. For now, let's just keep him in our prayers.
I don't get why people are trying to find some "dirt" in this right away. The young man is very hurt, life changing hurt. You'd think people that had any class would focus on him and showing respect and concern instead of throwing sh!t at the Wall to try to make something stick. Grow up. Now isn't the time for that.
Old 04-10-17, 06:22 AM
All District

4TimeFunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
I don't get why people are trying to find some "dirt" in this right away. The young man is very hurt, life changing hurt. You'd think people that had any class would focus on him and showing respect and concern instead of throwing sh!t at the Wall to try to make something stick. Grow up. Now isn't the time for that.
especially when you try to debunk something someone "heard" with something you "heard."

if you don't know you don't know, just pray.
Old 04-10-17, 09:41 AM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Can't say that I disagree with your comment, but I don't think anyone has shown any disrespect for Mr. Toal. The second part of my earlier comment was that after understanding the serious nature and grim outlook of his injuries - I would have a real problem with any media blackout on news of what happened - especially if it related to being attacked by 4 men as was commented upon earlier.

You are right in that it is not worth any conjecture based upon what now seems to be unfounded rumors - and our thoughts need to be with BJ Toal and his friends and family. I can only speak for myself, but I know I meant no disrespect toward him in any way and if that was misinterpreted, then I hope this helps to clear that up. I don't think others meant any disrespect either.
Old 04-10-17, 10:02 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEagle View Post
Can't say that I disagree with your comment, but I don't think anyone has shown any disrespect for Mr. Toal. The second part of my earlier comment was that after understanding the serious nature and grim outlook of his injuries - I would have a real problem with any media blackout on news of what happened - especially if it related to being attacked by 4 men as was commented upon earlier.

You are right in that it is not worth any conjecture based upon what now seems to be unfounded rumors - and our thoughts need to be with BJ Toal and his friends and family. I can only speak for myself, but I know I meant no disrespect toward him in any way and if that was misinterpreted, then I hope this helps to clear that up. I don't think others meant any disrespect either.
I didn't mean anyone in particular, and I hope you don't think I meant you. But there is no denying that some seem more intent than others in finding some kind of dirt. To me, the guy is laying up in a room somewhere and his family and friends may be reading this so we don't need to turn it into a drama fest you know? We all have disagreements from time to time, and can be pretty harsh with each other. I don't mind that lol. I just think maybe now isn't the time.

Prayers for the young guy and his family.
Old 04-10-17, 10:24 AM
Freshman

Bayside is on a distinguished road
Not seeing where anyone is being disrespectful but in the absence of facts there leaves only conjecture. It does seem odd that an athlete from a major university has this level of injuries and there is no news being reported. If a kid from the football program suffered these injuries there would be an onslaught of news.

Last edited by Bayside; 04-10-17 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-10-17, 10:56 AM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1
My thoughts and prayers go out to B.J. and his family in this trying time.
Old 04-10-17, 10:56 AM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawtg135 View Post
As if the culture on that campus wasn't already bad enough. Enrollment is way down and dorns are closing. Truly despicable act. Prayers and best wishes for healing. I hope the thugs get justice.
Quote:
Got a link to back any of this up?
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ose-more-dorms
http://fox2now.com/2017/04/04/univer...se-more-dorms/
https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32003/
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-close-more-d/
Old 04-10-17, 11:01 AM
Cooling Off

Says two of the three Halls closing are because two new ones are being built?
Old 04-10-17, 11:06 AM
Cooling Off

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...3Fsource%3Ddam

Several reports from several major outlets including CNN, CBS, Huffington Post, Fox... all say college enrollment is on the decline. Older students account for the majority of that according to some, so do we know if something changed at Missouri like maybe they dropped a Masters program or something?
Old 04-10-17, 11:17 AM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1
US News/Washington Times
"The temporarily closures come freshman enrollment for this academic year dropped by 1,470 students, or 24 percent. Fall enrollment information isn't yet available."

Fox 2 News St Louis
"The temporarily closures come after freshman enrollment dropped 24 percent for this academic year.

The university is planning for reduced funding. This week, the Division of Operations announced 20 layoffs. Other divisions will be leaving positions unfilled."
Old 04-10-17, 11:24 AM
Cooling Off

I'm still trying to figure out why Missouri is being singled out when all news agencies are reporting college enrollment numbers down across the board this year. Clearly they are far from the only college seeing a decline in enrollment numbers, or maybe you didn't read any of the links I provided?
Old 04-10-17, 11:29 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayside View Post
Not seeing where anyone is being disrespectful but in the absence of facts there leaves only conjecture. It does seem odd that an athlete from a major university has this level of injuries and there is no news being reported. If a kid from the football program suffered these injuries there would be an onslaught of news.
He hasn't wrestled for them in 2-3 years. He was injured an unable to compete. I'm not even sure if he ever wrestled varsity for them (RS his freshman year I think). At this point, its basically a story about a student that was attacked and is now fighting for his life.

I am sure there are lots of attacks across the country that don't make national news or even local news sometimes.

It's a dang shame. Good kid, good family. Prayers for all of them.
Old 04-10-17, 11:37 AM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out why Missouri is being singled out when all news agencies are reporting college enrollment numbers down across the board this year. Clearly they are far from the only college seeing a decline in enrollment numbers, or maybe you didn't read any of the links I provided?
Yes I did the and it sited the decline is mostly from student 24 and over. By the way most of those students would not live on campus anyway. The avg. decrease was 14.5% nationally. Mu has a 24% decrease. MU has a 65% higher decrease than the national avg.
Old 04-10-17, 11:54 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Hitter 1 View Post
Yes I did the and it sited the decline is mostly from student 24 and over. By the way most of those students would not live on campus anyway. The avg. decrease was 14.5% nationally. Mu has a 24% decrease. MU has a 65% higher decrease than the national avg.
And that means that college numbers are down only at Missouri or elsewhere? Missouri isn't alone with things like this happening, it happens every year at schools all over the country.

And again, still waiting to see why or how it's relevant to this tragedy? This thread was started out of respect and concern... not to attempt to bash Missouri. In fact, in Aug of last year an OU student was found dead in his dorm, in Jan of this year a Miami student was found dead in her dorm, and we all know Ohio State has had its share of tragedies. None of that has anything to do with BJ Toals and his tragedy that his family now have to deal with. It's ridiculous to drag that crap into this thread.
Old 04-10-17, 11:58 AM
All Yappi

in the mean time...prayers for BJ.
Old 04-10-17, 12:04 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
in the mean time...prayers for BJ.
Absolutely. I'm sorry I let myself get dragged into that bs. Prayers for BJ should be the only topic here.
Old 04-10-17, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Absolutely. I'm sorry I let myself get dragged into that bs. Prayers for BJ should be the only topic here.
Old 04-10-17, 01:19 PM
All Region

CincyWrestler is on a distinguished road
I emailed the local paper asking if then knew anything and got this in return:

Yes, we are aware of the incident and had something in the paper on Sunday.

Best regards,

Joe Vozzelli.

BATTLE COACH IN HOSPITAL: Battle assistant wrestling coach B.J. Toal has been in the intensive-care unit at University Hospital since suffering severe head trauma on March 31 in downtown Columbia.

Battle Athletic Director Adam Taylor said details of what happened to Toal are unclear. His injury is extremely serious.

“A couple nights ago, they did a CT scan and there was no brain activity, but” Friday “there was a little bit. It’s been mixed on those,” Taylor said.

There is a GoFundMe page dedicated to helping Toal pay for medical bills at https://www.gofundme.com/backing-bruce-bj.

Toal finished his second year as a Battle assistant wrestling coach this season. He wrestled at Missouri in the 2013-14 season.
Old 04-10-17, 05:37 PM
All Ohio

PIQUA_Bolin
Send a message via Yahoo to PIQUA_Bolin
I just got a text that BJ passed away. So sad
Old 04-10-17, 05:59 PM
All District

TimMast is on a distinguished road
Unbelievable

RIP Champ
Old 04-10-17, 06:09 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Heartbreaking
Old 04-10-17, 06:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Myrmidon is on a distinguished road
Sad news for a young man who followed in his Brothers footsteps RIP.prayers for his family.
Old 04-10-17, 07:27 PM
Freshman

djm0007 is on a distinguished road
BJ Toal

Deepest sympathies to the family. So senseless and unbelievable. To a parent,
this is always your child no matter how old.
Old 04-10-17, 08:11 PM
All Yappi

Sid's Dad is on a distinguished road
Prayers to his family
Old 04-10-17, 08:18 PM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Very sad to hear. Only saw him wrestle twice - at the 2012 State Championships in the quarters and semis (I did not attend the finals when he won his first state championship).

Praying for strength for his family and friends as they go through this difficult time.
Old 04-10-17, 11:13 PM
Cooling Off

Just couldn't imagine. Prays to the family and for BJ.
Old 04-11-17, 01:37 AM
All District

nkawtg135 is on a distinguished road
This case will be investigated. Will be interesting to get the final version of what happened.
Old 04-11-17, 06:57 AM
All American

elliotlewis is on a distinguished road
Very sad....
Old 04-11-17, 06:59 AM
Varsity

actionddj is on a distinguished road
Very Sad News.......