Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-06-17, 09:20 AM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhillips View Post
What does it take to become an "MMA expert?"
Go by a nickname of massive.
Old 04-06-17, 09:25 AM
Junior Varsity

Myrmidon is on a distinguished road
Meappler40;6743905]Nope....dude's like you definitely boast about training UFC. I might be a little familiar with the UFC and other organizations and may have dabbled with MMA a time or two....but I'm surely not the expert you are....about everything.

I'm sure that fighting at the local fairground in front of 15 local inbreds in an unsanctioned scuffle was a real rush for you. Probably 3 - 1 minute rounds in which you fought your opponent for 30 seconds and fought to breathe for the other 150. You might want to stay in your back yard on this one homie.[/QUOTE]
I didnt see where he boasted about training "UFC," at all but rather questioned if it was like.Boxing where you do not get paid if your amateur if anything he implied he may have participated in Boxing or some form of it most likely amateur seeing as how he questioned an amateur being paid and perhaps your right a bunch of drunken.brawlers with limited skills and training similar to half the original guys who fought UFC .You on.the other hand have implied you have a pretty good knowledge and background in "UFC"/mma Jui Juitsu ...Shaolin Kung Fu or whatever and that is great but was there a need to blast someone for posting and try to call them out on something they never claimed to begin with It looks to me like regardless of who you are or your experience you simply tried to knock someone else so you could brag .
Old 04-06-17, 09:55 AM
Varsity

scrappler40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidon View Post
Meappler40;6743905]Nope....dude's like you definitely boast about training UFC. I might be a little familiar with the UFC and other organizations and may have dabbled with MMA a time or two....but I'm surely not the expert you are....about everything.

I'm sure that fighting at the local fairground in front of 15 local inbreds in an unsanctioned scuffle was a real rush for you. Probably 3 - 1 minute rounds in which you fought your opponent for 30 seconds and fought to breathe for the other 150. You might want to stay in your back yard on this one homie.
I didnt see where he boasted about training "UFC," at all but rather questioned if it was like.Boxing where you do not get paid if your amateur if anything he implied he may have participated in Boxing or some form of it most likely amateur seeing as how he questioned an amateur being paid and perhaps your right a bunch of drunken.brawlers with limited skills and training similar to half the original guys who fought UFC .You on.the other hand have implied you have a pretty good knowledge and background in "UFC"/mma Jui Juitsu ...Shaolin Kung Fu or whatever and that is great but was there a need to blast someone for posting and try to call them out on something they never claimed to begin with It looks to me like regardless of who you are or your experience you simply tried to knock someone else so you could brag .[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. My replies to this fella were not only specific to this thread but a general response to many of his posts...I mean MANY of his other posts. I'm not sure how saying you have experience in a certain area specific to a thread topic is bragging. Not really into that. As you're entitled to your opinion ...to each his own.
Old 04-06-17, 10:00 AM
Junior Varsity

UOTE=said_aouita;6744452]Go by a nickname of massive.[/QUOTE]
Lol Massive is more of an earned Monicker in the Bodybuilding/Powerlifting World where as said _aouita is simply a user name of an envious potstiring wannabee whos only monicker in any sport was loser .
Not sure why you chose to try and call me out wannabee I never claimed any expertise in the MMA world or anything to do with it ,I know a few fighters and have trained a few and my kids fought a couple NAGA tournaments when they were young for some decent teams ran by Good MMA/real UFC guys.
And I have set up weight training programs for REAL World Toughman competitors IBF top 10 ranked fighters and other MMA competitors in the past. Not an expert in MMA by any means but I have tried to aid those in it I could just like those in other sports.
And oh yeah said I did happen to train the 2017 NCAA DIV 1 Heavyweight Freshman of the year who happens to be a former Ohio Youth NAGA Champion and he does train with some real UFC guys here in Cincy and gets to be around a couple MMA UFC guys now and then named Askren and Woodley.
Old 04-06-17, 10:25 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappler40 View Post

Absolutely not. My replies to this fella were not only specific to this thread but a general response to many of his posts...I mean MANY of his other posts. I'm not sure how saying you have experience in a certain area specific to a thread topic is bragging. Not really into that. As you're entitled to your opinion ...to each his own.
What "many" posts are you running your pole hole about? I asked a question in reference to the fight being labeled amateur and someone saying Philips had a contract... making him a pro. And I wasn't the only one to ask that. What other many posts are you talking about?

And any one of those "fat beer gut" fighters from back in the day would have handed you your lunch. BTW... my name is Joe Hensley. I did box, and will lace em up with anybody. What's your name, or are you going to have such a problem with me you feel the need to cry about and still hide your identity?
Old 04-06-17, 10:52 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappler40 View Post
I didnt see where he boasted about training "UFC," at all but rather questioned if it was like.Boxing where you do not get paid if your amateur if anything he implied he may have participated in Boxing or some form of it most likely amateur seeing as how he questioned an amateur being paid and perhaps your right a bunch of drunken.brawlers with limited skills and training similar to half the original guys who fought UFC .You on.the other hand have implied you have a pretty good knowledge and background in "UFC"/mma Jui Juitsu ...Shaolin Kung Fu or whatever and that is great but was there a need to blast someone for posting and try to call them out on something they never claimed to begin with It looks to me like regardless of who you are or your experience you simply tried to knock someone else so you could brag .
Absolutely not. My replies to this fella were not only specific to this thread but a general response to many of his posts...I mean MANY of his other posts. I'm not sure how saying you have experience in a certain area specific to a thread topic is bragging. Not really into that. As you're entitled to your opinion ...to each his own.[/QUOTE]
Im not sure of all of anyones other posts on other subjects or threads just the ones on this thread should be relevant or talked
about on this one or else your just carrying some.personal vendetta against someone from.thread to.thread like said _aouita does with comments about me.completely out of the blue .You.say your replies were specific to this thread but a general reply to many of his other posts meaning from other threads so you admit your own replies were influenced by comments from.other topics and.threads ?? You contradict yourself in the same paragraph ..very confusing .The point is he only implied that when he competed in whatever he did most likely "Toughman or some form of Boxing"that amateurs could not be paid and he never claimed expertise in UFC to have competed or even trained in any specific style or sport and you went of on a tirade bashing him for being a beer drinking out of shape whatever who competed in 3 1 minute rd slugfests lol pretty much the roots of what makes the ufc popular today and the type of past events that evolved into Bellator and UFC and whatever else pops up in mma.I admire you replying without bashing me or anyone but just be honest you tried to call someone out for something they didnt even claim because of some other garbage from other posts or threads.Either way its another pointless argument or debate taking away from the topic .
And yes said is a wanker.
Old 04-06-17, 12:46 PM
All Region

innoshape is on a distinguished road
A passage in the Bluegrass MMA article states:
"The main event features fighters with just one bout apiece, but both fighters have years of combat sports experience behind them. Jiu-jitsu black belt Vitor Oliveira (1-0) will take on Chris Phillips (1-0) in a highly anticipated bout."
Serious question:
Other than years of wrestling, what other training does Chris Phillips have?
OR is wrestling lumped into the category as "Combat sports experience" as to Chris Phillips?
I would guess his athleticism and wrestling skills will take him so far.
(I am not an expert on this, but I did sleep in a holiday inn express last night.)
Old 04-06-17, 12:57 PM
All District

bulldowg_Wrestling19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
like Pico he signed a 1 mil. dollar contract and with a hs record of 193-1 it makes him a big draw.
1 million dollar contract with who? When?

Who is Pico's contract with?
Old 04-06-17, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

FalconFan25 is on a distinguished road
I don't know of any "million dollar contract" that Pico has signed but he did sign a deal with Nike a few years back. He also inked a deal with Bellator and is making his MMA debut at MSG in June.
Old 04-06-17, 02:06 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldowg_Wrestling19 View Post
1 million dollar contract with who? When?

Who is Pico's contract with?
Pico signed a 1 mil contract with Bellator and hasn't had one fight.
Old 04-06-17, 02:21 PM
All District

bulldowg_Wrestling19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
Pico signed a 1 mil contract with Bellator and hasn't had one fight.
I wonder what kind of money he makes from international wrestling, Nike, and Bellator?

Anyone know what his Nike contract was like? Does he have his own shoe?
Old 04-06-17, 04:14 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
I wonder what kind of money he makes from international wrestling, Nike, and Bellator?

I'm guessing he probably does have his own shoes. Hell, even I own shoes.
Old 04-06-17, 04:33 PM
All Region

innoshape is on a distinguished road
Still no answers to post #37. Just throwing that out there
Thanks

Last edited by innoshape; 04-06-17 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added a Thanks
Old 04-06-17, 04:54 PM
All American

wash.c.h.legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by innoshape View Post
Still no answers to post #37. Just throwing that out there
Thanks

Just a guess here, but I know promoters are pushing for every dollar. Wrestling truly is a combat sport, so I would venture to say that is what they are talking about. Whatever it takes to put seats in the seats. They will say it.

That sound right to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-17, 05:10 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:

there's a picture out there with Pico holding a pair Nike shoe's. he's also an accomplished boxing champion. I'm guessing his contract is in excess of 1 mil
Old 04-16-17, 07:48 AM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
Here's the fight. It's short. Starts at 2:47 in.

https://www.facebook.com/RoninTraini...0649085353912/
Old 04-16-17, 04:56 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:

Well, using my "UFC expertise" I predicted Phillips may have some trouble with this one. Looks like I was right. Pico is a bad little dude, and just way too experienced for a true amateur. But hey, kudos to Philips for taking it to him early and trying to dictate the fight.
Old 04-16-17, 05:09 PM
All World

Pico?
Old 04-16-17, 06:42 PM
All District

TimMast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pico?
https://www.google.com/search?q=aaro...obile&ie=UTF-8

Aaron Pico
Old 04-16-17, 07:34 PM
All World

Thanks Tim. I know who Aaron Pico is. He's not fighting Pico though.
sigh.....
Old 04-16-17, 07:44 PM
All American

wash.c.h.legend
Chris Phillips-MMA

It was a good fight: plenty to learn from if he continues on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-17, 08:20 PM
All World

Hmmm??? Not really?
I'm a fan though. Ohio boy. Wrestler. 'Phillips.'
Old 04-16-17, 09:46 PM
All District

TimMast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks Tim. I know who Aaron Pico is. He's not fighting Pico though.
sigh.....
Oops. Vitor, Pico....both have an I and an O.....and the fight didn't look close at all...
Old 04-17-17, 04:47 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Pico?
Gotta keep the pot stirred somehow... lest somebody accuse me of being an expert.
Old 04-17-17, 09:53 AM
All World

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidon View Post
my kids fought a couple NAGA tournaments when they were young for some decent teams ran by Good MMA/real UFC guys.
Is that where your son learned how to use "tap out" like he did against Snyder?
Old 04-17-17, 10:14 AM
All Ohio

wrestlfan is on a distinguished road
oh geez... please no..
Old 04-17-17, 11:31 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by said_aouita View Post
Is that where your son learned how to use "tap out" like he did against Snyder?
You're just a punk man.
Old 04-19-17, 06:20 PM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I would think that Phillips would not have much of a chance in MMA unless he commits a lot of time to boxing and one of the martial arts (other than wrestling - which is also considered a martial art) where he utilizes kicks. Then he has to learn how to stay out of holds that will force submissions - like in this fight. That is a lot of learning and practice. If he truly has a million dollar contract, he will at least have the funding to do it for quite awhile, but he will also need to be winning some money as well to keep it up. He was in no way ready for this fight against a guy that appears to have been involved in MMA for awhile. Just depends on whether his heart stays in it more than anything. Hopefully he has something else available for a career. I thought I heard he was working construction. also at the same weight he was as a freshman in HS.
Old 04-19-17, 06:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Gotta keep the pot stirred somehow... lest somebody accuse me of being an expert.
Quit being such a punk.
Old 04-19-17, 07:51 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by said_aouita View Post
Quit being such a punk.
The difference between you and I, punk, is I don't spend my life desperately trying to harass a family and bash a very accomplished wrestler. See, punk, I don't hide who I am and I addressed somebody that attacked ME. You, on the other hand, are such a punk you take pot shots at a young man that would tie you into knots while you hide your identity. Until you can even DRILL with Myers you shouldn't mock him. Unless you wanna man up and tell us all who you are?