Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-04-17, 06:46 PM
All District

pinem07 is on a distinguished road
Chris Phillips-MMA

https://www.bluegrassmma.com/2017/04...lines-wnfs-44/
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-17, 07:03 PM
All Region

wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
I remember being incredibly shocked when he lost to Ruth. Not that surprising now lol.
Old 04-04-17, 07:43 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
like Pico he signed a 1 mil. dollar contract and with a hs record of 193-1 it makes him a big draw.
Old 04-04-17, 09:11 PM
All Region

wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
like Pico he signed a 1 mil. dollar contract and with a hs record of 193-1 it makes him a big draw.
Where does it say that he signed a 1 mil dollar contract?
Old 04-04-17, 09:25 PM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
I saw Him box Cam Tessaru at at Daag House in Milan about 6-7 years ago and Cam was kicking his . Great kid I hope he improved since then.
Old 04-04-17, 10:27 PM
All District

nkawtg135 is on a distinguished road
This doesn't look good for the wrestler.
Old 04-04-17, 10:57 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
It says it's an amateur match. If it's like boxing, if you're being paid you're now a "prize fighter" and no longer "amateur". Is there some kind of governing body or they fly by the seat of their pants?
Old 04-05-17, 12:52 AM
All World

Joe Daugherty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
I saw Him box Cam Tessaru at at Daag House in Milan about 6-7 years ago and Cam was kicking his . Great kid I hope he improved since then.
?
Old 04-05-17, 12:55 AM
All World

Yeah sounds good???!
Old 04-05-17, 12:56 AM
All World

Really
Old 04-05-17, 12:58 AM
All World

Can is my pick
Old 04-05-17, 02:04 AM
Varsity

grapeape is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Daugherty View Post
Can is my pick
Lol. Can is your pick? Is that like the Marlboros you picked at districts when you lost? Or is that like the k2 that cam got busted with? Smh. So much potential wasted.
Old 04-05-17, 02:18 AM
Varsity

grapeape is on a distinguished road
Herb didn't lose! What ever happened to that guy?
Old 04-05-17, 03:20 AM
All American

wash.c.h.legend
Chris Phillips-MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
It says it's an amateur match. If it's like boxing, if you're being paid you're now a "prize fighter" and no longer "amateur". Is there some kind of governing body or they fly by the seat of their pants?

If you fight in Ohio you need to be sanctioned by the Ohio athletic commission. Mr profato was the director back when I was in the game. There is a minimum amateur number of fights before the commission will grant him pro status, if that is something he wants to do. It used to be 5. Been out of the game for awhile and rules always change, so there may be some slight differences, but I would only see those getting more stringent.
Every state has a governing body, or some have none. You fight according to their rules. I had a workout partner that used to travel to fight in Wisconsin. No governing body. Those fights were bare knuckle. He was paid well, but very brutal.

Best of luck. Dangerous game, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. But at the same time, there are guys that become millionaires from it, so who knows.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-17, 07:07 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape View Post
Lol. Can is your pick? Is that like the Marlboros you picked at districts when you lost? Or is that like the k2 that cam got busted with? Smh. So much potential wasted.
Cam

Prob kicked your but in HS
And that's why your bitter lol
Old 04-05-17, 07:31 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape View Post
Herb didn't lose! What ever happened to that guy?
He has 5 girls I think!!!! Lol
Haven't herb from him in a while! Lol
Old 04-05-17, 07:32 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
Freak show #1
I remember . That was awesome!
Old 04-05-17, 08:15 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash.c.h.legend View Post
If you fight in Ohio you need to be sanctioned by the Ohio athletic commission. Mr profato was the director back when I was in the game. There is a minimum amateur number of fights before the commission will grant him pro status, if that is something he wants to do. It used to be 5. Been out of the game for awhile and rules always change, so there may be some slight differences, but I would only see those getting more stringent.
Every state has a governing body, or some have none. You fight according to their rules. I had a workout partner that used to travel to fight in Wisconsin. No governing body. Those fights were bare knuckle. He was paid well, but very brutal.

Best of luck. Dangerous game, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. But at the same time, there are guys that become millionaires from it, so who knows.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. I haven't fought in that fashion in 18 years. But when I did, the rules were set up as such. That's why I had to ask about him getting a "contract" to fight he still being on the amateur card. BTW... Based on the record of the two fighters it doesn't look so good for Phillips.
Old 04-05-17, 10:16 AM
All World

Suplexer130
Quote:
Exactly. I haven't fought in that fashion in 18 years. But when I did, the rules were set up as such. That's why I had to ask about him getting a "contract" to fight he still being on the amateur card. BTW... Based on the record of the two fighters it doesn't look so good for Phillips.
My experience as a wrestler who did Jiu Jitsu for years after college, and had some success, wrestlers come in with a pretty good natural ability to nullify the bottom game. Wrestlers are so good at controlling hips that it makes it tough for a lot of Jiu Jitsu guys to create the hip separation needed to perform their submissions. One thing wrestlers do tend to struggle with is too much forward pressure from top that can have them slipping into triangle chokes. The other big thing that wrestlers struggle with is leg locks because the idea someone is going to try and blow your knee out is somewhat foreign. Normally in wrestling when guys roll with your ankles you are safe, but in Jiu Jitsu it is a bad place to be.

I worked out with a lot of guys who ended up on UFC cards and it really is crazy how much some of these guys struggle with good wrestlers when they get on top.
Old 04-05-17, 12:04 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Doesn't Yappi Commandment #607 dictate that: ALL CHRIS PHILLIPS THREADS SHALT BE A STICKY THREAD ?
Old 04-05-17, 01:19 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suplexer130 View Post
My experience as a wrestler who did Jiu Jitsu for years after college, and had some success, wrestlers come in with a pretty good natural ability to nullify the bottom game. Wrestlers are so good at controlling hips that it makes it tough for a lot of Jiu Jitsu guys to create the hip separation needed to perform their submissions. One thing wrestlers do tend to struggle with is too much forward pressure from top that can have them slipping into triangle chokes. The other big thing that wrestlers struggle with is leg locks because the idea someone is going to try and blow your knee out is somewhat foreign. Normally in wrestling when guys roll with your ankles you are safe, but in Jiu Jitsu it is a bad place to be.

I worked out with a lot of guys who ended up on UFC cards and it really is crazy how much some of these guys struggle with good wrestlers when they get on top.
Was speaking more of the accomplishments of Philips opponent. I'm well aware of the contrasting styles and the pros and cons. I'd put money on Philips taking a beating here.
Old 04-05-17, 02:03 PM
Varsity

scrappler40 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Was speaking more of the accomplishments of Philips opponent. I'm well aware of the contrasting styles and the pros and cons. I'd put money on Philips taking a beating here.
I had no idea you were an MMA expert. Where did you train UFC? I mean, you did train UFC right?
Old 04-05-17, 02:17 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
What does it take to become an "MMA expert?"
Old 04-05-17, 02:28 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhillips View Post
What does it take to become an "MMA expert?"
Yappi Trained.
Old 04-05-17, 02:32 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappler40 View Post
I had no idea you were an MMA expert. Where did you train UFC? I mean, you did train UFC right?
I was fighting "UFC" when were men fought whoever they put in front of you weight class be damned. But I'd like to point out that "UFC" isn't a style, its company. But by all means, school us all on your expertise.

Sorry I hurt your feel bads. I'm sure Philips will be fine. I mean, he'll probably live.
Old 04-05-17, 03:07 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I was fighting "UFC" when were men fought whoever they put in front of you weight class be damned. But I'd like to point out that "UFC" isn't a style, its company. But by all means, school us all on your expertise.

Sorry I hurt your feel bads. I'm sure Philips will be fine. I mean, he'll probably live.

Nope....dude's like you definitely boast about training UFC. I might be a little familiar with the UFC and other organizations and may have dabbled with MMA a time or two....but I'm surely not the expert you are....about everything.

I'm sure that fighting at the local fairground in front of 15 local inbreds in an unsanctioned scuffle was a real rush for you. Probably 3 - 1 minute rounds in which you fought your opponent for 30 seconds and fought to breathe for the other 150. You might want to stay in your back yard on this one homie.
Old 04-05-17, 03:19 PM
Junior Varsity

Cjlewis01 is on a distinguished road
It's an interesting fight. I don't know where phillips is training, but I know of ronin and they are very good. This guy is their head instructor, well accomplished, and has been training mma for a long time.
Old 04-05-17, 05:29 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Nope....dude's like you definitely boast about training UFC. I might be a little familiar with the UFC and other organizations and may have dabbled with MMA a time or two....but I'm surely not the expert you are....about everything.

I'm sure that fighting at the local fairground in front of 15 local inbreds in an unsanctioned scuffle was a real rush for you. Probably 3 - 1 minute rounds in which you fought your opponent for 30 seconds and fought to breathe for the other 150. You might want to stay in your back yard on this one homie.
Yeah, that's exactly what is was. Keep dabbling with watching the UFC little guy.
Old 04-05-17, 05:32 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:

In fact, just to point this out... your "UFC" terminology is laughable, and In fact the question I asked about being paid vs being amateur was answered by two other guys that verified my suspicion. So yeah, pretty safe to say you're probably friends with Philips and simply are too inexperienced in anything close to that level to accept any sort of criticism. Go back to screaming for your kid to squeeze and thinking watching UFC makes you anymore of an expert than the guys that actually asked and answered valid questions lol.
Old 04-06-17, 08:28 AM
Varsity

Quote:
In fact, just to point this out... your "UFC" terminology is laughable, and In fact the question I asked about being paid vs being amateur was answered by two other guys that verified my suspicion. So yeah, pretty safe to say you're probably friends with Philips and simply are too inexperienced in anything close to that level to accept any sort of criticism. Go back to screaming for your kid to squeeze and thinking watching UFC makes you anymore of an expert than the guys that actually asked and answered valid questions lol.
You may change your screen name but your constant stupidity makes your identity transparent...the yapper formerly known as slide-by. You dive into topics you know little about but pretend to be an expert as usual. Me using the term "training UFC" is a mockery of idiots like you that wear TapOut shirts and designer jeans saying they "train UFC". Sorry that went over you head bozo the clown. I'm sure that when you "fought UFC" it was quite an educational experience for all 15 drunken inbreds watching your sweaty fat roll around like a fool and completely out of breath for 90 percent of "the fight".

I can assure you that I am not friends with Phillips. In fact, I happen to be friends with one of the main trainers at Ronin that trains with Oliveira. Oliveria is a wolrd level Jiu Jitsu guy that will be a tough match up for Phillips. I would say Oliveria by submission but you never know with a high level wrestler or someone who was a high level wrestler. I would guess there won't be much stand up in this one. You do know what the term "stand up" in MMA......(I mean "UFC") means don't you?

I'm familiar with MMA at all levels and have dealt with many different states and sanctioning bodies along with international athletes. I don't need to boast about my accomplishments or level of knowledge....and I'm perfectly cool with that. You, on the other hand, pretend to be an expert on every topic you chime in on on this entire forum (and other forums as well). So by all means, continue to be a belligerent key board king with little to no substance.