Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-19-17, 07:59 PM
All Region

The pool on the roof is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyor...an-i-expected/

And now it has made Barstool. At least they never report fake new!
Old 04-19-17, 08:49 PM
Varsity

Stitch69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
What did they tell the players in order for them to be willing to execute the plan to intentionally lose (which they did for a few plays)? How do you put that on the kids? As a parent, I feel those that directed the kids to try to lose the game should own up to it and willingly never work with kids again- truly disturbing behavior that can't be ignored.
This sums the situation up. Well said.
Old 04-19-17, 10:06 PM
Varsity

Spreadattack is on a distinguished road
This is a comment from that Barstool article(Both teams on the field are from the same district. Dunbar wins on the field and they both lose spots in the playoffs (against teams from other parts of Ohio). Both don't go to the playoffs because in Dunbar's case the adults figured out at about halftime they were going to have to forfeit due to the boondoggle of the principal and athletic director not telling the coach not to play a kid who was ineligible. And in the case of Dunbar winning on the field and then a forfeit after the game is over doesn't count as a win for Belmont so they also miss the playoffs. Belmont needed the win to get to the playoffs. And in the off chance that Dunbar didn't have to forfeit cause they self reported an ineligible player used during a loss, they might have gotten a pass for the other game they did the same thing except they won that game........) This is how I've saw this situation since I've heard about it.
Old 04-19-17, 11:05 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadattack View Post
No I am focusing on Groundhog saying at worst Belmont is guilty of holding the information so the backup could play! If you know Belmont is innocent why worry about my opinion? But my opinion is only based on what I've seen and what's been reported. You saying its over and just shut up makes me question it even more. This same clueless Baker (your words) did not come up with the great plot to get two schools in by himself. Once again maybe Coach White is innocent, maybe Belmont's principal is innocent, but SOMEONE ELSE WAS WITH BAKER IN THINKING IT WOULD BE BEST FOR DPS! I just can't point all blame at Dunbar when Pullen stepped down early like he did. Or Baker if Belmont's principal only told Dunbar's principal and he found out whenever. WHY WAS BAKER NOT NOTIFIED FIRST?
Who the hell thinks of that? To come up with a plot to throw a HIGH SCHOOL football game. It's ridiculous and again- FIRE BAKER. I think Baker had a plot from the beginning to bring in his boy MO Douglass, and this was a way to do it. Why would Dunbar and or Belmont (any administrator or coach) be in on "throwing the game. Hell read the text from the Dunbar principal!! That's absolutely ridiculous and a disgrace to sports at all levels.

Dunbar knew the kid was ineligible BEFORE THE GAME STARTED! The kid did not start. So I believe Dunbar was doing the right thing as directed by the Dunbar admin according to the interviews. Now as far as the previous week, yes now we're talking Baker/ Dunbar/ Head Coachnot doing their job and making sure eligibility is checked and double checked. Any AD with qualifications/half of a brain does this and any good coach is in communication with their AD, making sure they know where the entire roster stands. Heck it's not that hard-especially when DPS doesn't have ALL sports at every school.
Old 04-19-17, 11:24 PM
Varsity

Armchairqb is on a distinguished road
Can someone please tell me how anyone that tells a kid to throw a game still has a coaching job.
Old 04-20-17, 12:29 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchairqb View Post
Can someone please tell me how anyone that tells a kid to throw a game still has a coaching job.
Exactly! How could you even look yourself in the mirror?! Who gave the directive to the kids to throw the game- the AD or the coach?

I agree the eligibility is so secondary compared to the attempt to fix the game, but I have to question that the principal allowed a first year AD to determine elegibility without any oversight. Not to be disrespectful, but I also find it hard to believe that there was only one kid in all the fall sports at Dunbar who was borderline eligible. There had to be discussions about the athletes eligibility procedures right after the grading period ended regarding how to calculate. Not buying it was miscalculated.
Old 04-20-17, 12:34 AM
Varsity

fangwoc What about Groundhog saying at worst Belmont is guilty of holding the information so the backup could play? You left that part out
Old 04-20-17, 06:32 AM
All District

Quote:
fangwoc What about Groundhog saying at worst Belmont is guilty of holding the information so the backup could play? You left that part out
I don't understand how Belmont held information. The Belmont principal notified Dunbar well BEFORE the game and said do what you want with it. Again if they wanted to "hold" information, they would've waited until after the game and it would of been the "gotcha" factor. So your point of Belmont had something to do with it is ignorant.
Old 04-20-17, 10:00 AM
Varsity

To say I'm ignorant is ignorant in itself when IVE ONLY RESPONDED TO WHATS REPORTED! Those were Groundhog words not mine. You guys keep bouncing around things you say and get mad when someone breaks down what you say. You just want it to be over because you say so when this is a public forum. If you don't like my opinion don't respond. Especially if you and your staff is innocent. But please let's quit insulting everyone's intelligence and acting as if Belmont was helping the state. That statement is what I've disagreed with. I don't know who else is guilty I just know as I stated earlier its someone. If Coach White is innocent than so be it. But I'm a firm believer when you point a finger three is always pointing back. I've only asked fair question's like once again IF BELMONT'S PRINCIPAL WAS HELPING STATE, WHY WOULD SHE NOT NOTIFY STATE WITH RUMOR? WHY WOULD THE SOLUTION BE TO OFFER THE RUMOR TO DUNBAR AND SAY "DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT" KNOWING THE MAGNITUDE OF THE MISTAKE? Maybe Belmont is innocent but they weren't trying to help the state.
Old 04-20-17, 10:03 AM
Varsity

But I'll say again if there is any truth to them telling Dunbar so late about the so called rumor to make the back up play then they are guilty as charged.
Old 04-20-17, 10:04 AM
All District

hip hop is on a distinguished road
A decision on the Dunbar football staff has be reached. The football team and parents will be addressed at 4pm today. Good or bad hopefully it all ends today!
Old 04-20-17, 11:22 AM
Varsity

For the sake of it ending today let's hope no staff changes has been made.
Old 04-20-17, 11:41 AM
All District

Quote:
To say I'm ignorant is ignorant in itself when IVE ONLY RESPONDED TO WHATS REPORTED! Those were Groundhog words not mine. You guys keep bouncing around things you say and get mad when someone breaks down what you say. You just want it to be over because you say so when this is a public forum. If you don't like my opinion don't respond. Especially if you and your staff is innocent. But please let's quit insulting everyone's intelligence and acting as if Belmont was helping the state. That statement is what I've disagreed with. I don't know who else is guilty I just know as I stated earlier its someone. If Coach White is innocent than so be it. But I'm a firm believer when you point a finger three is always pointing back. I've only asked fair question's like once again IF BELMONT'S PRINCIPAL WAS HELPING STATE, WHY WOULD SHE NOT NOTIFY STATE WITH RUMOR? WHY WOULD THE SOLUTION BE TO OFFER THE RUMOR TO DUNBAR AND SAY "DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT" KNOWING THE MAGNITUDE OF THE MISTAKE? Maybe Belmont is innocent but they weren't trying to help the state.

Whether Belmont knew or not no matter what time of day, IT IS STILL ON DUNBAR AND BAKER TO GET IT RIGHT!!!!!! I never said Belmont was helping the state, i said Belmont principal may of been trying to help Dunbar so this situation would not occur.(ie: playing ineligible player). Ultimately, It's Baker's show and it's a disaster.

Ineligible player- who cares, it happens

District Administrator telling a coach to throw a game- HUGE DEAL! VERY BAD SITUATION!
Old 04-20-17, 12:07 PM
Varsity

What do you mean helping so the situation won't occur THE PLAYER PLAYED INELIGIBLE THE WEEK BEFORE! That had to have been known.
Old 04-20-17, 12:15 PM
All District

Quote:
What do you mean helping so the situation won't occur THE PLAYER PLAYED INELIGIBLE THE WEEK BEFORE! That had to have been known.
Ya it had to be known by DUNBAR.
Old 04-20-17, 01:01 PM
Varsity

Which is why Pullen stepped down. We can go in this circle as long as you want!! Dunbar has accepted responsibility more than they have gotten credit for. Thus why it would seem as if its all on Baker but nothing about this seems as if he was in on it by himself as far as the idea of getting two teams in to make history. Furthermore I have to believe that had Dunbar knew about the player being ineligible they would've fixed it before it could get out. Especially when you have a playoff team. Or why not at that point just do what Baker said but by being more discreet if no one was going to report it? It has to be more
Old 04-20-17, 01:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Which is why Pullen stepped down. We can go in this circle as long as you want!! Dunbar has accepted responsibility more than they have gotten credit for. Thus why it would seem as if its all on Baker but nothing about this seems as if he was in on it by himself as far as the idea of getting two teams in to make history. Furthermore I have to believe that had Dunbar knew about the player being ineligible they would've fixed it before it could get out. Especially when you have a playoff team. Or why not at that point just do what Baker said but by being more discreet if no one was going to report it? It has to be more
I will reveal more truths after the decision is made public today supposedly at 4pm. Please keep this in mind don't believe all that you read in the papers.
Old 04-20-17, 01:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
Ya it had to be known by DUNBAR.
Once you read OHSAA transcripts you're gonna be shock on who knew what when....all I'm going to say for know is , it's a game changer!! Just hold on.
Old 04-20-17, 03:09 PM
All District

Darren Powell remains as head football coach at Dunbar H.S. their you have it, to all the know it all's. His players & parents are ecstatic!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-17, 04:15 PM
Varsity

That's good!!!!!!
Old 04-20-17, 04:15 PM
Varsity

My money is on the superintendent!!
Old 04-24-17, 04:37 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop View Post
I will reveal more truths after the decision is made public today supposedly at 4pm. Please keep this in mind don't believe all that you read in the papers.

What was the decision?
Old 04-24-17, 11:15 PM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
What was the decision?
Stay tuned. DPS indicates a coaching decision in June:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...t7r9K8ZKtvQ3M/

The report also indicates that AD Mark Baker is being considered for a 2 year contract extension. Unbelievable.
Old 04-25-17, 09:15 AM
All District

dreamz7 is on a distinguished road
I'm Curios how do the Transfer thing work for the City of Dayton kids, DO They have to live in a certain area? I don't think Powell will remain as head coach. what is the time limit on kids that want to transfer?
Old 04-25-17, 12:14 PM
Varsity

No way they wait all the way until June to make a change now.
Old 04-25-17, 03:16 PM
Varsity

KneeJerk96 is on a distinguished road
This debacle has stretched far too long. I don't know why the responsible parties have not received discipline and let's get on with life. Awful leadership
Old 04-25-17, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post
Stay tuned. DPS indicates a coaching decision in June:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...t7r9K8ZKtvQ3M/

The report also indicates that AD Mark Baker is being considered for a 2 year contract extension. Unbelievable.
That is entirely unfathomable.
Old 04-26-17, 10:36 AM
All Region

cinfbfan is on a distinguished road
They apparently do not care about kids.

There's no way any of them should be be back on staff.
Old 04-26-17, 09:57 PM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
Dayton's school board APPROVED a two-year contract renewal for athletic director Mark Baker:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...OEyxrylbL2ZQP/
Old 04-26-17, 10:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post
Dayton's school board APPROVED a two-year contract renewal for athletic director Mark Baker:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...OEyxrylbL2ZQP/
This is ridiculous. How could DPS do that? I agree with the board member that voted no. DPS and OHSAA Investigations are focused on two separate things. Hell Baker admitted to telling Dunbar to throw the game and he gets an extension on his contract? Bassackwards