Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-09-17, 07:26 PM
All District

hip hop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadattack View Post
How do you get access to transcript from state?
Contact OHSAA they will give you the name company cost $200. DPS report is free.
Old 04-10-17, 07:45 AM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
If Baker gets rid of Coach Powell and staff, this will not be done. I agree with hip hop- they will be free to say whatever they want. It is done from the OHSSA standpoint but it may not necessarily be done from the DPS level. Baker needs to resign. He has caused this huge mess! Superintendent continues to back him which makes you wonder if something is going on underneath the desk with the office door shut.

If this happened in any other district in the area, the AD would be gone! If DPS is going to keep him, I would hope that he completes extensive training in all areas involved with being AD. But instead of doing that, he's probably planning his next tailgate party.

Dunbar vs Belmont week 1 Thursday night. Potential Fox 45 Thursday night lights? Media coverage on this game will be crazy! Visit Mark Baker at the tailgate tent, he'll be sharing a hot dog with the Superintendent (or slipping his hot dog to the super. Lol)
Old 04-10-17, 09:12 AM
Varsity

Spreadattack is on a distinguished road
Any other district the AD would be out along with anyone else involved! Baker probably isn't gone yet because if he goes he can also take story to the next level as well. The superintendent is new so if they were plotting anything she had to have influence from someone else to do something so stupid. I wonder what principal is she closest to In the city??
Old 04-10-17, 08:04 PM
Varsity

Stitch69 is on a distinguished road
What day of this week does Baker interview the Dunbar coaches for rehire for next season?
Old 04-10-17, 08:53 PM
All District

wow I smell a lawsuit coming if they attempt to pull this off. Clearly a DPS cover up is in the works👍🏽
Old 04-10-17, 09:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
I don't profess to understand legal issues but since their statements are directly opposite, isn't Powell or Baker using slander. Wouldn't that be fun in court if they wanted to be aggressive since obviously nothing has been resolved. I don't think the Super really cares about athletics and hoping this just becomes forgotten (hey, look over there, squirrel).
Old 04-10-17, 10:51 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
If the Dunbar coach doesn't get renewed there is nothing he can do about it. All coaches in dps are 1 year renewals. So if he doesn't get hired back which I doubt that he will since baker is still the AD he just have to take it on the chin and move on. Sad that it has come to this....
Old 04-10-17, 10:53 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Pullen is a different story he have the union behind him and they will have to put him on a improvement plan or pay him for the whole season if they hire a new basketball coach
Old 04-11-17, 10:02 AM
Varsity

Stitch69 is on a distinguished road
Rumor is Baker wants Springfield's Mo Douglas as the next Dunbar head football coach.
Old 04-11-17, 12:44 PM
All District

dreamz7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch69 View Post
Rumor is Baker wants Springfield's Mo Douglas as the next Dunbar head football coach.
Wow!!
Old 04-11-17, 12:51 PM
Varsity

If that happens a mass transfer probably won't happen unless it was some truth to Powell looking at going to Trotwood. I know the other coaches in city pray that don't happen!
Old 04-11-17, 10:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Mo is one of the if not the dirtiest coaches in the area.
Old 04-12-17, 08:28 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Other than the Mike Shaw(which he paid for) incident that happened over 10 years ago prove it?
Old 04-12-17, 09:28 AM
Varsity

He can't be any dirtier than what's going on in city now! Excluding Coach Place at Ponitz
Old 04-12-17, 09:38 AM
All District

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol he'd never consider that job.
Old 04-12-17, 10:30 AM
Varsity

Not sure if he wouldn't consider it. A lot of coaches would love to coach for a school who is a perennial basketball and track state program every year. Not to mention if he came this year and convinced kids not to transfer, and bring a few kids like his son its very intriguing!
Old 04-12-17, 11:47 AM
Junior Varsity

Was it rumor or in the paper they were doing interviews this week. Wonder who is in on that. Would think at least Dunbar Principal and AD (either interim or someone who is now full-time in place of Pullen). I assume Baker and he has got to have a backer in Admin who might be on. Would love to hear those questions on coaches.
Old 04-12-17, 11:53 AM
All District

Quote:
Not sure if he wouldn't consider it. A lot of coaches would love to coach for a school who is a perennial basketball and track state program every year. Not to mention if he came this year and convinced kids not to transfer, and bring a few kids like his son its very intriguing!
I hear ya. But I cant see any coach leaving a GWOC Team with talent and winning recently to go to Dunbar.
Old 04-12-17, 01:02 PM
Varsity

Dunbar is the exception to the rule. Being in the GWOC is more of the reason why I think he would leave! Think about it if he had has good players In Springfield and they are average in the GWOC with all the other good players. He would attract the same type of talent but at Dunbar he would be D4. Much more easier to get a title there than at Springfield.
Old 04-12-17, 01:10 PM
All District

Quote:
Dunbar is the exception to the rule. Being in the GWOC is more of the reason why I think he would leave! Think about it if he had has good players In Springfield and they are average in the GWOC with all the other good players. He would attract the same type of talent but at Dunbar he would be D4. Much more easier to get a title there than at Springfield.
I agree with you that he would get transfers and would build a great program. If he wanted to Coach D3 (Dunbar is not D4 like you mentioned they are D3 now) football he would've stayed at the powerhouse Trotwood where he won. He wanted to build a D1 team into a contender and they have improved every year.
Old 04-12-17, 03:32 PM
Varsity

I get that. If he would leave the Gwoc Dunbar would be good choice. Can you imagine a Dunbar vs Trotwood playoff match up in football??
Old 04-12-17, 06:31 PM
All District

Quote:
He can't be any dirtier than what's going on in city now! Excluding Coach Place at Ponitz
Come again......

• In 1991 Middletown was banned from the playoffs for the following two years after self-reporting it had allowed an ineligible player to participate in the playoffs. At that time teams were not removed from the playoffs for such an infraction, a rule the OHSAA has since changed. Jim Place, currently the coach at Ponitz, resigned as the Middies’ coach soon afterward.
Old 04-12-17, 08:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
So your in a position of knowledge to judge a whole city and all their coaches. I guess Baker and Super with her lack of action stains the whole city. You know your beloved Piqua (since you are so upset with them not making the playoffs) was involved with a rules infraction several years ago (maybe before your time) so are all those coaches "dirty". The quote about Douglass from someone was "prove it" so prove that all the city coaches are "dirty".
Old 04-12-17, 09:52 PM
All American

Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
This coach should be banned from all coaching in Ohio. Doesn't matter if it is 5 year old tumbling. Any school that would take him on as a coach should be closed with the super flogged on his way out of town on a donkey. Shame on you Dan Ross for not banning this guy forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-17, 10:19 PM
All American

DPS OHSAA investigation

The more I read, the more it frustrates me. Ban the entire infrastructure involved. There should be a registry for bags like this. Fire them all

Old 04-12-17, 10:21 PM
All American

Keep these guys a 1/4 mile from kids under the age of 18

Old 04-13-17, 08:14 AM
All American

Quote:
I get that. If he would leave the Gwoc Dunbar would be good choice. Can you imagine a Dunbar vs Trotwood playoff match up in football??
Leaving Springfield for Dunbar would be Apples vs. Oranges for a lot of reasons.

What established coach would want to coach in DPS especially under these current circumstances?
Old 04-13-17, 09:49 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Other than the Mike Shaw(which he paid for) incident that happened over 10 years ago prove it?
Prove it?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...7/18/hsfb.html

http://m.tie2.daytondailynews.com/bl...ame_susp.html/

And not to mention I heard he was a chip and dale

Last edited by fangwoc; 04-13-17 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-13-17, 11:43 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
Sounds personal, by the way that was 10 years ago, since then:
1 state championship
5 state runner-ups
Been in playoffs every year since 2006 but 2 yrs.(at Springfield)
100+ kids college scholarships under his coaching
No charges of recruiting or cheating

Keep searching buddy, I can name 12 coaches in the GWOC alone that would love that resume.
Old 04-13-17, 12:10 PM
Varsity

Yea that sounds very personal! Lol What does being a chip n dale have to do with it? I was fully aware of the Place situation in Middletown. Difference was SELF REPORTED and HE STEPPED DOWN big difference from what's going on now.