Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-30-17, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogBob View Post
We already have twelve in football, 4 in basketball, and 38 team state championships in 7 different sports.. But you are obviously (and intentionally) missing the point.
I have no idea what school you support and really don't care. I think it's hilarious that people are already moving on to the next solution when CBP hasn't​ even kicked in yet. Usually that is a sign that you will never be satisfied no matter what happens UNTIL your school wins a title.

Seems your school is successful or has been anyway. Maybe not lately. And that is why you are upset.
Old 03-30-17, 04:11 PM
All American

BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I have no idea what school you support and really don't care. I think it's hilarious that people are already moving on to the next solution when CBP hasn't​ even kicked in yet. Usually that is a sign that you will never be satisfied no matter what happens UNTIL your school wins a title.

Seems your school is successful or has been anyway. Maybe not lately. And that is why you are upset.
If you couldn't figure out which school I support, you should definitely avoid sharp objects. One team state championship this decade, two the decade before, three the decade before that one, and two the previous one still. Pretty consistent winners, but we are an exception rather than the public norm.

HS sports will lose more public interest as long as they feel the deck is stacked.
Old 03-30-17, 06:47 PM
All Region

Curious One is on a distinguished road
The OHSAA will never allow a split for the simple reason that it would cause the organization to cease to exist. The state legislature has made it clear to the association that a public private split will not happen or the OHSAA will be folded into the Ohio Department of Education and they would take over the control of high school athletics.

The CBP will help all but the largest publics in that some schools will move up, resulting in some of those at the bottom of each division to move down a level. This will be the extent of the changes. Remember, high school sports aren't run for our enjoyment, rather for the students.
Old 03-30-17, 07:35 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you couldn't figure out which school I support, you should definitely avoid sharp objects. One team state championship this decade, two the decade before, three the decade before that one, and two the previous one still. Pretty consistent winners, but we are an exception rather than the public norm.

HS sports will lose more public interest as long as they feel the deck is stacked.
I simply don't care enough to try to try to figure out what school you support. It's not hard to understand. For most....

In the area I am in...High school interest still seems pretty strong.
Old 03-31-17, 12:14 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We publics constitute 86% percent of the OHSAA, so YOU can leave, start your own association, and don't let the door hit you on your recruiting derrieres on the way out!
Yet it took years to pass the competitive balance measures and when it finally passed it was by a slim margin- guess not all of the 86% agreed on this
Old 03-31-17, 10:20 AM
All American

BulldogBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Yet it took years to pass the competitive balance measures and when it finally passed it was by a slim margin- guess not all of the 86% agreed on this
And there are many reasons for this. Some of it has to do with the fact most schools have lost interest and no longer seem to care. Apathy happens when the deck is stacked and no one enforces fairness properly. This new change won't work, either.