Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-30-17, 08:01 AM
All District

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Good luck getting any coach worth his salt with a "parental board" now playing a role.

What a shame. Centerville used to be so hard nosed and tough. Now the parents are running the show. Pitiful.
I might be wrong, but thought the PAC (parent advisory committee) was set up to provide the AD feedback from all sports. What make's it funny is that parents at Centerville call the AD anyway to give their advice & opinion even when he doesn't ask for it. Not sure what the benefit is. Pretty sure the PAC is not involved in hiring the new FB coach.
Old 03-30-17, 07:35 PM
All District

zevon6542 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Good luck getting any coach worth his salt with a "parental board" now playing a role.

What a shame. Centerville used to be so hard nosed and tough. Now the parents are running the show. Pitiful.
The Centerville basketball guys looked pretty hard nose and tough when they whipped your almighty Warriors (with three D1 guys on their team) a few weeks back.
Old 03-30-17, 07:46 PM
Freshman

maravich is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFootballFan1972 View Post
Parents are NOT involved in the hiring. I've heard there is an open application period through March 31st, Interviews with 6 person board during weak of April 3rd-7th (made up of AD, Principal, Super and 3 employee panel) two week evaluation period with 4 person board (not sure who except AD is on that board).

I do know that Stokes has applied and Cupps is obviously pushing that horse....thats a trap hire for Dumbent.
If HS1972 thinks they shouldn't hire Stokes.....then that's absolutely who they should hire. HS1972 could then find all these mystery great athletes roaming the halls of the HS that don't play sports and get them to play football.
Old 03-30-17, 08:30 PM
Varsity

HSFootballFan1972 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maravich View Post
If HS1972 thinks they shouldn't hire Stokes.....then that's absolutely who they should hire. HS1972 could then find all these mystery great athletes roaming the halls of the HS that don't play sports and get them to play football.
Happy to hear from you Jerry. You and your 7 posts in 5 years. Glad you could surface from whatever you do under the covers. You think you know football? Or do you sit in the dark doing what you do to to advance your agenda. I told you that the football team is fine....AND your beloved basketball team would have beaten Mason had the real athletes been on the team. Good luck next year when you lose two of the Varsity guys to scholarships. Then again, I guess Capitol is always available for those in the inner circle jerk.
Old 03-30-17, 09:10 PM
Freshman

maravich is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Happy to hear from you Jerry. You and your 7 posts in 5 years. Glad you could surface from whatever you do under the covers. You think you know football? Or do you sit in the dark doing what you do to to advance your agenda. I told you that the football team is fine....AND your beloved basketball team would have beaten Mason had the real athletes been on the team. Good luck next year when you lose two of the Varsity guys to scholarships. Then again, I guess Capitol is always available for those in the inner circle jerk.
Keep guessing speeeeeis.....your guessing ability as bad as your analysis. So who are these "real athletes" you speak of?
Old 03-31-17, 08:22 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Parents are NOT involved in the hiring. I've heard there is an open application period through March 31st, Interviews with 6 person board during weak of April 3rd-7th (made up of AD, Principal, Super and 3 employee panel) two week evaluation period with 4 person board (not sure who except AD is on that board).

I do know that Stokes has applied and Cupps is obviously pushing that horse....thats a trap hire for Dumbent.
who else has applied?
Old 04-02-17, 08:26 PM
All Region

ajp is on a distinguished road
Doubt Wilhite would leave for Cville.

I doubt Wilhite would leave for Cville. He's got a good thing going at Boro with a strong group of coaches and support of the program. He has done a good job of building the Boro program and it is his. In my opinion the Cville job does not have the luster it once had. Now, if the Wayne job came open that might be more tempting but I still doubt that he would leave. He just built a new home in Boro.

As for Fisher...I could be wrong but I don't think he wants to be a HC at this point. He is a great coach and a real developer of young QBs but doubt he would want to deal with the politics of being a HC.

Wouldn't doubt that Nic Black goes for the Cville job.
Old 04-02-17, 08:35 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Now that would be a current GWOC coach that would make sense. Similar style to what Centerville has been successful with in the past, and he's built a typically apathetic Beavercreek program into something fairly formidable.
Old 04-03-17, 09:37 AM
Voice of Reason

elkfan is on a distinguished road
I am sorry but you are taking crazy pills if you think Dement will hire a run-oriented head coach (Nic Black). Does it matter to the AD what type of offense a head coach runs? Yes. Should it at all factor into his decision? NO, of course not.
Old 04-03-17, 09:53 AM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Now that would be a current GWOC coach that would make sense. Similar style to what Centerville has been successful with in the past, and he's built a typically apathetic Beavercreek program into something fairly formidable.
Typically Apathetic? Black hasn't done anything at Beavercreek

Under Nic Black
2016-4-6 (did not beat a team with a winning record)
2015- 7-3 (did not beat a team with a winning record other than div 4 Hartley)
2014- 3-7 (again did not beat a team with a winning record)

Under Clodfelter
previous 4 years before clodfelter took over beavercreek was 2-38

2013- 5-5 (#1 defense in the central, #1 in in entire league-trotwood only entered in 9 games of stats)

2012- 7-3 (#2 defense in the central, # 3 defense in entire league, beat Wayne and Centerville, won a share of central league title)

2011- 6-4 (#3 defense in the central, beat fairfield,northmont, and springfield played for the central title)

2010- 1-9
2009- 4-6 (shut b. miller down 20 total yards- 23 passing and -3 rushing)
2008- 5-5
2007- 6-4
2006- 5-5 (#3 defense in the central)
2005- 2-8
2004- 3-7
Old 04-03-17, 10:25 AM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
2009 .... Beavercreek/Wayne .... They did do a great job shutting down Miller but Miller barely played a half at QB. Javon Harrison took over at QB... Miller came in late and scored the game winner. While they did a good job stopping the QB the RB's had a field day ... RB A. Taylor had 177 yards rushing on 21 attempts and Mack had 64 yards on 9 carries.
Old 04-03-17, 01:00 PM
Freshman

maccoaching is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Stokes did not apply.
Old 04-03-17, 04:48 PM
Varsity

nelmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoaching View Post
Stokes did not apply.
The job hasn't closed yet. It is open until April 7.
Old 04-04-17, 08:37 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Stokes did not apply.
Don't know how Minster is as a district but smaller districts have a rough time getting rid of/replacing a coach. They might be doing all they can to convince him to remain there or he might be waiting to see if he has a legit chance because Minster might push him out if they know he's looking elsewhere.
Old 04-04-17, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Did Meeks from Shawnee apply again?
Old 04-04-17, 09:01 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
Don't know how Minster is as a district but smaller districts have a rough time getting rid of/replacing a coach. They might be doing all they can to convince him to remain there or he might be waiting to see if he has a legit chance because Minster might push him out if they know he's looking elsewhere.
Minster will not be pushing him out.... despite what some people say, doing a great job as a teacher and also as a coach....State Champion, regional runner-up and State Runnner-up, in 4 years, and 72 boys out for next year....things are running great
Old 04-04-17, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post

Under Nic Black

Under Clodfelter

2013- 5-5 (#1 defense in the central, #1 in in entire league-trotwood only entered in 9 games of stats)

2012- 7-3 (#2 defense in the central, # 3 defense in entire league, beat Wayne and Centerville, won a share of central league title)

2011- 6-4 (#3 defense in the central, beat fairfield,northmont, and springfield played for the central title)

2010- 1-9
2008- 5-5
2007- 6-4
2005- 2-8
2004- 3-7
I'm not one to advocate being "close" with winning, but 17 points was the difference between a 4-6 season and an 8-2 season last year for Beavercreek. From my judgement he appears to be doing a pretty good job with the caliber of athlete that is at his disposal, which is pretty marginal at the top end compared to what the other GWOC big schools have. Outside of getting plowed by Wayne and the better of Springboro/Miamisburg the last two years, they have competitively been on par with everyone else without having any major recruits in the trenches or at the skill/speed positions. The biggest game changer athletically they've had the last three years plays at Ohio Dominican.
Old 04-04-17, 12:10 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Minster will not be pushing him out.... despite what some people say, doing a great job as a teacher and also as a coach....State Champion, regional runner-up and State Runnner-up, in 4 years, and 72 boys out for next year....things are running great
Would they have a negative reaction if they knew for certain he was looking to get out? Again, not familiar with Minster (school, community, coaching staff) but it's a little late in the game to try to replace a coach like him unless an assistant is in line and ready. Just figured some school will be upset if they found out you're willing to move this late and kind of stick them.
Old 04-05-17, 10:19 AM
All District

Quote:
I'm not one to advocate being "close" with winning, but 17 points was the difference between a 4-6 season and an 8-2 season last year for Beavercreek. From my judgement he appears to be doing a pretty good job with the caliber of athlete that is at his disposal, which is pretty marginal at the top end compared to what the other GWOC big schools have. Outside of getting plowed by Wayne and the better of Springboro/Miamisburg the last two years, they have competitively been on par with everyone else without having any major recruits in the trenches or at the skill/speed positions. The biggest game changer athletically they've had the last three years plays at Ohio Dominican.
"Close" but no cigar. Close doesn't count for anything!! What do you want to give them a participation trophy for being close?
Old 04-05-17, 10:45 AM
Varsity

Xfactor99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I doubt Wilhite would leave for Cville. He's got a good thing going at Boro with a strong group of coaches and support of the program. He has done a good job of building the Boro program and it is his. In my opinion the Cville job does not have the luster it once had. Now, if the Wayne job came open that might be more tempting but I still doubt that he would leave. He just built a new home in Boro.

As for Fisher...I could be wrong but I don't think he wants to be a HC at this point. He is a great coach and a real developer of young QBs but doubt he would want to deal with the politics of being a HC.

Wouldn't doubt that Nic Black goes for the Cville job.
Nic Black bought a house in Beavercreek and keeps stating that he is committed to build a program at Beavercreek.
Old 04-05-17, 10:52 AM
Varsity

Xfactor99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Under Nic Black

Under Clodfelter

2010- 1-9
2008- 5-5
2007- 6-4
2005- 2-8
2004- 3-7
It does take time to build a program... 2 games last year had very questionable ref calls that cost Beavercreek the game against Centerville and Springboro..
Old 04-05-17, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
"Close" but no cigar. Close doesn't count for anything!! What do you want to give them a participation trophy for being close?
Not really. The point is that he's doing pretty decent for what he has to work with. Black seems primed to go 5-5 or 6-4 annually at 'Creek, which is about the best anyone should realistically hope for there given the athletes they have for football. Same as Clodfelter in the recent past. The ceiling there is being a slightly above average program that is tough to beat by controlling the ball, playing good defense and avoiding costly mistakes.

I'd think it would be a reasonable conclusion that with his style, which is similar to what made Centerville a good program for a long time, he'd be a pretty good fit there. 5-5 or 6-4 at 'Creek with the above formula usually gets you at least 7-8 wins and a playoff appearance at Centerville.
Old 04-05-17, 01:13 PM
All District

Quote:
Not really. The point is that he's doing pretty decent for what he has to work with. Black seems primed to go 5-5 or 6-4 annually at 'Creek, which is about the best anyone should realistically hope for there given the athletes they have for football. Same as Clodfelter in the recent past. The ceiling there is being a slightly above average program that is tough to beat by controlling the ball, playing good defense and avoiding costly mistakes.

I'd think it would be a reasonable conclusion that with his style, which is similar to what made Centerville a good program for a long time, he'd be a pretty good fit there. 5-5 or 6-4 at 'Creek with the above formula usually gets you at least 7-8 wins and a playoff appearance at Centerville.
I think you're missing my point. My point is that Black did not build the program, Clodfelter did! 19-21 the previous 4 years when Black took over. 2-38 the previous 4 years when Clodfelter took the job. Black runs the same exact offensive system as Clodfelter installed and had ran for years! Why because it works and that's what creek is. Just like that's what made centerville. Creek has to rely on clock control and being physical, because they sure don't have the talent of Wayne, Springfield , Trotwood. It wouldn't make sense to run anything else.

Centerville tried to get away from the triple because that's what stakeholders wanted. How'd that work? First year 10-0 off Ullery built players. Downhill from there in Elk land.
Old 04-05-17, 01:15 PM
Freshman

maccoaching is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelmo View Post
The job hasn't closed yet. It is open until April 7.
Let me rephrase. Stokes won't be applying.
Old 04-05-17, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think you're missing my point. My point is that Black did not build the program, Clodfelter did! 19-21 the previous 4 years when Black took over. 2-38 the previous 4 years when Clodfelter took the job.
Fair enough. They were God awful pre-Clodfelter.
Old 04-05-17, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Did Meeks from Shawnee apply again?
I'd bet so. It seems like that guy's name has been in the hat for just about every available job in recent memory. Probably even more so now since his program has come back down to Earth over the last few years.
Old 04-05-17, 03:05 PM
Voice of Reason

elkfan is on a distinguished road
I think it's safe to assume this job will go to Puckett based on Dement's quote about plenty of internal candidates. Like someone said earlier, let's hope he is a much better HC than DC (17th in the GWOC ).

He has Dement's ear and is not a Centerville guy, easy to say he's the favorite.
Old 04-05-17, 03:24 PM
All District

Internally- Puckett
Externally- Meeks (although he applies for every job basically to stroke his ego and see if he can demand stuff/get his way. Surprised shawnee has not forced him out)

Too late for any successful guy like Wilhite, Stokes etc.

Does Earl White go after it with all of the DPS stuff going on with Baker/Dunbar?
Old 04-05-17, 06:10 PM
All District

SideRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let me rephrase. Stokes won't be applying.
That's good to hear. Haven't heard anyone in Centerville say they want him to be HC.
Old 04-05-17, 09:47 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I know Dement is not smart enough to hire anyone capable or a Centerville guy. But, maybe Henderson will see how fast the bottom dropped out at Varsity, JV, and Freshman and hire the right guy.

It's a shame they passed on Dave Miller.