Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 03-30-17, 08:01 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 155
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Good luck getting any coach worth his salt with a "parental board" now playing a role.

What a shame. Centerville used to be so hard nosed and tough. Now the parents are running the show. Pitiful.
I might be wrong, but thought the PAC (parent advisory committee) was set up to provide the AD feedback from all sports. What make's it funny is that parents at Centerville call the AD anyway to give their advice & opinion even when he doesn't ask for it. Not sure what the benefit is. Pretty sure the PAC is not involved in hiring the new FB coach.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-30-17, 07:35 PM
zevon6542 zevon6542 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-20-12
Posts: 192
zevon6542 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Good luck getting any coach worth his salt with a "parental board" now playing a role.

What a shame. Centerville used to be so hard nosed and tough. Now the parents are running the show. Pitiful.
The Centerville basketball guys looked pretty hard nose and tough when they whipped your almighty Warriors (with three D1 guys on their team) a few weeks back.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-30-17, 07:46 PM
maravich maravich is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-17-15
Posts: 8
maravich is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFootballFan1972 View Post
Parents are NOT involved in the hiring. I've heard there is an open application period through March 31st, Interviews with 6 person board during weak of April 3rd-7th (made up of AD, Principal, Super and 3 employee panel) two week evaluation period with 4 person board (not sure who except AD is on that board).

I do know that Stokes has applied and Cupps is obviously pushing that horse....thats a trap hire for Dumbent.
If HS1972 thinks they shouldn't hire Stokes.....then that's absolutely who they should hire. HS1972 could then find all these mystery great athletes roaming the halls of the HS that don't play sports and get them to play football.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-30-17, 08:30 PM
HSFootballFan1972 HSFootballFan1972 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-09-16
Location: Toledo
Posts: 88
HSFootballFan1972 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maravich View Post
If HS1972 thinks they shouldn't hire Stokes.....then that's absolutely who they should hire. HS1972 could then find all these mystery great athletes roaming the halls of the HS that don't play sports and get them to play football.
Happy to hear from you Jerry. You and your 7 posts in 5 years. Glad you could surface from whatever you do under the covers. You think you know football? Or do you sit in the dark doing what you do to to advance your agenda. I told you that the football team is fine....AND your beloved basketball team would have beaten Mason had the real athletes been on the team. Good luck next year when you lose two of the Varsity guys to scholarships. Then again, I guess Capitol is always available for those in the inner circle jerk.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-30-17, 09:10 PM
maravich maravich is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-17-15
Posts: 8
maravich is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFootballFan1972 View Post
Happy to hear from you Jerry. You and your 7 posts in 5 years. Glad you could surface from whatever you do under the covers. You think you know football? Or do you sit in the dark doing what you do to to advance your agenda. I told you that the football team is fine....AND your beloved basketball team would have beaten Mason had the real athletes been on the team. Good luck next year when you lose two of the Varsity guys to scholarships. Then again, I guess Capitol is always available for those in the inner circle jerk.
Keep guessing speeeeeis.....your guessing ability as bad as your analysis. So who are these "real athletes" you speak of?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-31-17, 08:22 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,577
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFootballFan1972 View Post
Parents are NOT involved in the hiring. I've heard there is an open application period through March 31st, Interviews with 6 person board during weak of April 3rd-7th (made up of AD, Principal, Super and 3 employee panel) two week evaluation period with 4 person board (not sure who except AD is on that board).

I do know that Stokes has applied and Cupps is obviously pushing that horse....thats a trap hire for Dumbent.
who else has applied?
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-02-17, 08:26 PM
ajp ajp is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-17-08
Posts: 252
ajp is on a distinguished road
Doubt Wilhite would leave for Cville.

I doubt Wilhite would leave for Cville. He's got a good thing going at Boro with a strong group of coaches and support of the program. He has done a good job of building the Boro program and it is his. In my opinion the Cville job does not have the luster it once had. Now, if the Wayne job came open that might be more tempting but I still doubt that he would leave. He just built a new home in Boro.

As for Fisher...I could be wrong but I don't think he wants to be a HC at this point. He is a great coach and a real developer of young QBs but doubt he would want to deal with the politics of being a HC.

Wouldn't doubt that Nic Black goes for the Cville job.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-02-17, 08:35 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,167
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Now that would be a current GWOC coach that would make sense. Similar style to what Centerville has been successful with in the past, and he's built a typically apathetic Beavercreek program into something fairly formidable.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-03-17, 09:37 AM
elkfan elkfan is offline
Voice of Reason
 
Join Date: 08-12-03
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,136
elkfan is on a distinguished road
I am sorry but you are taking crazy pills if you think Dement will hire a run-oriented head coach (Nic Black). Does it matter to the AD what type of offense a head coach runs? Yes. Should it at all factor into his decision? NO, of course not.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-03-17, 09:53 AM
fangwoc fangwoc is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-30-12
Posts: 167
fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Now that would be a current GWOC coach that would make sense. Similar style to what Centerville has been successful with in the past, and he's built a typically apathetic Beavercreek program into something fairly formidable.
Typically Apathetic? Black hasn't done anything at Beavercreek

Under Nic Black
2016-4-6 (did not beat a team with a winning record)
2015- 7-3 (did not beat a team with a winning record other than div 4 Hartley)
2014- 3-7 (again did not beat a team with a winning record)

Under Clodfelter
previous 4 years before clodfelter took over beavercreek was 2-38

2013- 5-5 (#1 defense in the central, #1 in in entire league-trotwood only entered in 9 games of stats)

2012- 7-3 (#2 defense in the central, # 3 defense in entire league, beat Wayne and Centerville, won a share of central league title)

2011- 6-4 (#3 defense in the central, beat fairfield,northmont, and springfield played for the central title)

2010- 1-9
2009- 4-6 (shut b. miller down 20 total yards- 23 passing and -3 rushing)
2008- 5-5
2007- 6-4
2006- 5-5 (#3 defense in the central)
2005- 2-8
2004- 3-7
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-03-17, 10:25 AM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 34,826
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
2009 .... Beavercreek/Wayne .... They did do a great job shutting down Miller but Miller barely played a half at QB. Javon Harrison took over at QB... Miller came in late and scored the game winner. While they did a good job stopping the QB the RB's had a field day ... RB A. Taylor had 177 yards rushing on 21 attempts and Mack had 64 yards on 9 carries.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-03-17, 01:00 PM
maccoaching maccoaching is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-03-14
Posts: 14
maccoaching is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFootballFan1972 View Post
Parents are NOT involved in the hiring. I've heard there is an open application period through March 31st, Interviews with 6 person board during weak of April 3rd-7th (made up of AD, Principal, Super and 3 employee panel) two week evaluation period with 4 person board (not sure who except AD is on that board).

I do know that Stokes has applied and Cupps is obviously pushing that horse....thats a trap hire for Dumbent.


Stokes did not apply.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-03-17, 04:48 PM
nelmo nelmo is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-29-12
Posts: 73
nelmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoaching View Post
Stokes did not apply.
The job hasn't closed yet. It is open until April 7.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-04-17, 08:37 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 944
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoaching View Post
Stokes did not apply.
Don't know how Minster is as a district but smaller districts have a rough time getting rid of/replacing a coach. They might be doing all they can to convince him to remain there or he might be waiting to see if he has a legit chance because Minster might push him out if they know he's looking elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-04-17, 08:47 AM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,245
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Did Meeks from Shawnee apply again?
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-04-17, 09:01 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,577
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
Don't know how Minster is as a district but smaller districts have a rough time getting rid of/replacing a coach. They might be doing all they can to convince him to remain there or he might be waiting to see if he has a legit chance because Minster might push him out if they know he's looking elsewhere.
Minster will not be pushing him out.... despite what some people say, doing a great job as a teacher and also as a coach....State Champion, regional runner-up and State Runnner-up, in 4 years, and 72 boys out for next year....things are running great
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-04-17, 09:10 AM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,167
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
Typically Apathetic? Black hasn't done anything at Beavercreek

Under Nic Black
2016-4-6 (did not beat a team with a winning record)
2015- 7-3 (did not beat a team with a winning record other than div 4 Hartley)
2014- 3-7 (again did not beat a team with a winning record)

Under Clodfelter
previous 4 years before clodfelter took over beavercreek was 2-38

2013- 5-5 (#1 defense in the central, #1 in in entire league-trotwood only entered in 9 games of stats)

2012- 7-3 (#2 defense in the central, # 3 defense in entire league, beat Wayne and Centerville, won a share of central league title)

2011- 6-4 (#3 defense in the central, beat fairfield,northmont, and springfield played for the central title)

2010- 1-9
2009- 4-6 (shut b. miller down 20 total yards- 23 passing and -3 rushing)
2008- 5-5
2007- 6-4
2006- 5-5 (#3 defense in the central)
2005- 2-8
2004- 3-7
I'm not one to advocate being "close" with winning, but 17 points was the difference between a 4-6 season and an 8-2 season last year for Beavercreek. From my judgement he appears to be doing a pretty good job with the caliber of athlete that is at his disposal, which is pretty marginal at the top end compared to what the other GWOC big schools have. Outside of getting plowed by Wayne and the better of Springboro/Miamisburg the last two years, they have competitively been on par with everyone else without having any major recruits in the trenches or at the skill/speed positions. The biggest game changer athletically they've had the last three years plays at Ohio Dominican.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-04-17, 12:10 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 944
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Minster will not be pushing him out.... despite what some people say, doing a great job as a teacher and also as a coach....State Champion, regional runner-up and State Runnner-up, in 4 years, and 72 boys out for next year....things are running great
Would they have a negative reaction if they knew for certain he was looking to get out? Again, not familiar with Minster (school, community, coaching staff) but it's a little late in the game to try to replace a coach like him unless an assistant is in line and ready. Just figured some school will be upset if they found out you're willing to move this late and kind of stick them.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-05-17, 10:19 AM
fangwoc fangwoc is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-30-12
Posts: 167
fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I'm not one to advocate being "close" with winning, but 17 points was the difference between a 4-6 season and an 8-2 season last year for Beavercreek. From my judgement he appears to be doing a pretty good job with the caliber of athlete that is at his disposal, which is pretty marginal at the top end compared to what the other GWOC big schools have. Outside of getting plowed by Wayne and the better of Springboro/Miamisburg the last two years, they have competitively been on par with everyone else without having any major recruits in the trenches or at the skill/speed positions. The biggest game changer athletically they've had the last three years plays at Ohio Dominican.
"Close" but no cigar. Close doesn't count for anything!! What do you want to give them a participation trophy for being close?
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-05-17, 10:45 AM
Xfactor99 Xfactor99 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-18-13
Posts: 74
Xfactor99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I doubt Wilhite would leave for Cville. He's got a good thing going at Boro with a strong group of coaches and support of the program. He has done a good job of building the Boro program and it is his. In my opinion the Cville job does not have the luster it once had. Now, if the Wayne job came open that might be more tempting but I still doubt that he would leave. He just built a new home in Boro.

As for Fisher...I could be wrong but I don't think he wants to be a HC at this point. He is a great coach and a real developer of young QBs but doubt he would want to deal with the politics of being a HC.

Wouldn't doubt that Nic Black goes for the Cville job.
Nic Black bought a house in Beavercreek and keeps stating that he is committed to build a program at Beavercreek.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 04-05-17, 10:52 AM
Xfactor99 Xfactor99 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-18-13
Posts: 74
Xfactor99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
Typically Apathetic? Black hasn't done anything at Beavercreek

Under Nic Black
2016-4-6 (did not beat a team with a winning record)
2015- 7-3 (did not beat a team with a winning record other than div 4 Hartley)
2014- 3-7 (again did not beat a team with a winning record)

Under Clodfelter
previous 4 years before clodfelter took over beavercreek was 2-38

2013- 5-5 (#1 defense in the central, #1 in in entire league-trotwood only entered in 9 games of stats)

2012- 7-3 (#2 defense in the central, # 3 defense in entire league, beat Wayne and Centerville, won a share of central league title)

2011- 6-4 (#3 defense in the central, beat fairfield,northmont, and springfield played for the central title)

2010- 1-9
2009- 4-6 (shut b. miller down 20 total yards- 23 passing and -3 rushing)
2008- 5-5
2007- 6-4
2006- 5-5 (#3 defense in the central)
2005- 2-8
2004- 3-7
It does take time to build a program... 2 games last year had very questionable ref calls that cost Beavercreek the game against Centerville and Springboro..
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 04-05-17, 10:59 AM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,167
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
"Close" but no cigar. Close doesn't count for anything!! What do you want to give them a participation trophy for being close?
Not really. The point is that he's doing pretty decent for what he has to work with. Black seems primed to go 5-5 or 6-4 annually at 'Creek, which is about the best anyone should realistically hope for there given the athletes they have for football. Same as Clodfelter in the recent past. The ceiling there is being a slightly above average program that is tough to beat by controlling the ball, playing good defense and avoiding costly mistakes.

I'd think it would be a reasonable conclusion that with his style, which is similar to what made Centerville a good program for a long time, he'd be a pretty good fit there. 5-5 or 6-4 at 'Creek with the above formula usually gets you at least 7-8 wins and a playoff appearance at Centerville.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 04-05-17, 01:13 PM
fangwoc fangwoc is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-30-12
Posts: 167
fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Not really. The point is that he's doing pretty decent for what he has to work with. Black seems primed to go 5-5 or 6-4 annually at 'Creek, which is about the best anyone should realistically hope for there given the athletes they have for football. Same as Clodfelter in the recent past. The ceiling there is being a slightly above average program that is tough to beat by controlling the ball, playing good defense and avoiding costly mistakes.

I'd think it would be a reasonable conclusion that with his style, which is similar to what made Centerville a good program for a long time, he'd be a pretty good fit there. 5-5 or 6-4 at 'Creek with the above formula usually gets you at least 7-8 wins and a playoff appearance at Centerville.
I think you're missing my point. My point is that Black did not build the program, Clodfelter did! 19-21 the previous 4 years when Black took over. 2-38 the previous 4 years when Clodfelter took the job. Black runs the same exact offensive system as Clodfelter installed and had ran for years! Why because it works and that's what creek is. Just like that's what made centerville. Creek has to rely on clock control and being physical, because they sure don't have the talent of Wayne, Springfield , Trotwood. It wouldn't make sense to run anything else.

Centerville tried to get away from the triple because that's what stakeholders wanted. How'd that work? First year 10-0 off Ullery built players. Downhill from there in Elk land.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 04-05-17, 01:15 PM
maccoaching maccoaching is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-03-14
Posts: 14
maccoaching is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelmo View Post
The job hasn't closed yet. It is open until April 7.
Let me rephrase. Stokes won't be applying.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 04-05-17, 01:20 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,167
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
I think you're missing my point. My point is that Black did not build the program, Clodfelter did! 19-21 the previous 4 years when Black took over. 2-38 the previous 4 years when Clodfelter took the job.
Fair enough. They were God awful pre-Clodfelter.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 04-05-17, 01:24 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,167
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Did Meeks from Shawnee apply again?
I'd bet so. It seems like that guy's name has been in the hat for just about every available job in recent memory. Probably even more so now since his program has come back down to Earth over the last few years.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 04-05-17, 03:05 PM
elkfan elkfan is offline
Voice of Reason
 
Join Date: 08-12-03
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,136
elkfan is on a distinguished road
I think it's safe to assume this job will go to Puckett based on Dement's quote about plenty of internal candidates. Like someone said earlier, let's hope he is a much better HC than DC (17th in the GWOC ).

He has Dement's ear and is not a Centerville guy, easy to say he's the favorite.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 04-05-17, 03:24 PM
fangwoc fangwoc is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-30-12
Posts: 167
fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Internally- Puckett
Externally- Meeks (although he applies for every job basically to stroke his ego and see if he can demand stuff/get his way. Surprised shawnee has not forced him out)

Too late for any successful guy like Wilhite, Stokes etc.

Does Earl White go after it with all of the DPS stuff going on with Baker/Dunbar?
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 04-05-17, 06:10 PM
SideRef SideRef is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-30-15
Posts: 249
SideRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoaching View Post
Let me rephrase. Stokes won't be applying.
That's good to hear. Haven't heard anyone in Centerville say they want him to be HC.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 04-05-17, 09:47 PM
unbiased1 unbiased1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-25-03
Location: dayton
Posts: 1,353
unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I know Dement is not smart enough to hire anyone capable or a Centerville guy. But, maybe Henderson will see how fast the bottom dropped out at Varsity, JV, and Freshman and hire the right guy.

It's a shame they passed on Dave Miller.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM
Former Toledo Central Catholic head coach and assistant Tom Santoro has passed away. dougp66 Football 3 05-29-16 08:01 PM
Chad Long to be named Fremont Ross head coach FremontKeith Football 3 02-22-16 06:16 PM
Huber Heights Wayne 56 Centerville 17 vamp2syd Football 44 11-01-15 03:17 PM
North Canton Hoover Coaching search unclebob Football 165 03-06-15 11:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz