Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-21-17, 07:16 AM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,477
America is an unknown quantity at this point
They'll never hire Aracri as the HC
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-21-17, 07:30 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,582
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal WhoDey View Post
I don't think it would take much prying to get Stokes from Minster. There are A LOT of disgruntled fans, even with all the winning.
that is simply not true....... and that is why 72 players are out for football....I;m surprise that these so-called disgruntled fans would let their sons play football then......quit making crap up
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-21-17, 07:48 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,582
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal WhoDey View Post
I don't think it would take much prying to get Stokes from Minster. There are A LOT of disgruntled fans, even with all the winning.
define A LOT......lets see how much you really know?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-21-17, 07:56 AM
maccoaching maccoaching is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-03-14
Posts: 14
maccoaching is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
that is simply not true....... and that is why 72 players are out for football....I;m surprise that these so-called disgruntled fans would let their sons play football then......quit making crap up
Not to mention he is a father now and has already turned down La Salle job to stay with the kids at Minster.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-21-17, 07:58 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,582
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal WhoDey View Post
I think it started when Minster won the title a few years back and Stokes didn't travel back to Minster with the team because his friends and him went out on the town in Columbus like they do every year. He is a great football coach. Off the field, there are some maturity issues. I am not from Minster, but that is how a lot of people from Minster I know feel about the situation.
we've had this talk.....the blame goes on the Minster Admin. for that crap......who wants to have a MEET THE TEAM at 10:30- 11PM at night? then putting the kids on a firetruck at 11 pm, letting the players ride around on a firetruck , when it is raining like hell outside...very poorly planned event...FULL blame on the Principal and Super....... should have been done on Sunday afternoon.....

the key part of your post.....I am NOT from Minster.....i'll leave it at that....
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-21-17, 08:05 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,582
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoaching View Post
Not to mention he is a father now and has already turned down La Salle job to stay with the kids at Minster.
a LaSalle program that has won 3 state championships in the last 3 years........

maybe he would have interest in the Ville job, but it wouldn't be because of what the Minster Fans think of Coach....he is a great coach.....and is very important to the School as a great teacher....
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-21-17, 09:19 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,705
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
What about former Troy coach Steve Nolan. He will take you back to the Ullery days of 3 passes a game. Had good success at Troy for 20 plus years. Think he is retired now but could always make a comeback for a place like cville.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-21-17, 09:25 AM
gatorfan gatorfan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-09-11
Posts: 83
gatorfan is on a distinguished road
I am really surprised there is no mention of Johnny Puckett on this thread. This guy is a very successful assistant coach with tons of experience. The A.D. would be a genius to hire this guy because he's been around winners, he's young and full of energy. I think whoever hires him is going to hire the next great HC in the Dayton area. Awesome person and family!

Last edited by gatorfan; 03-21-17 at 02:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-21-17, 12:07 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,733
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoaching View Post
Assuming he thinks this job is better than the one he has now. Go to Cville and have to beat x, col, moe just to win 1 playoff game. Stay and Minster and go to state championship games.
And lose to Marion Local every year. Any team other than Coldwater in the MAC will play 2nd fiddle to Marion Local as long as Tim Goodwin is the head coach for the Flyers. Plus other GWOC coaches that make the play-offs can coach against Stokes coached teams twice a year, once during the regular season than in the post season as Stokes stands on the opposing teams sideline.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-21-17, 12:14 PM
Sledgehammer Sledgehammer is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-20-08
Posts: 219
Sledgehammer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
Dbutkis, your a Di** and he resigned to take an administrative job in a different district. There's no conclusions, just facts. All the post's above are fair and accurate! You and all the dadddy's club know the program has taken 25 steps backwards since Ron and 90% of the staff were let go. It's very easy, bring in A Centerville guy, or watch it struggle to win 4-5 games a year.

You guys got exactly what you deserved.......Centerville Football is not relevant anymore.

I'm sure this is all part you & Dements plan!
So, where's he going? Back to Franklin, Boro or Carlisle?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-21-17, 12:18 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,733
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Personally believed Miller would have been an excellent choice last season. From what I understand Ullery teams were always physical and run the football first mentality. Fits Miller to a T. Than again maybe C-Ville wanted to go in a different direction.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-21-17, 12:52 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 783
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
What about former Troy coach Steve Nolan. He will take you back to the Ullery days of 3 passes a game. Had good success at Troy for 20 plus years. Think he is retired now but could always make a comeback for a place like cville.
The offense was fairly balanced at TC, even though it was a classic Nolan set and they had a great back. I think he would be a type of coach that would succeed anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-21-17, 02:20 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,582
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
And lose to Marion Local every year. Any team other than Coldwater in the MAC will play 2nd fiddle to Marion Local as long as Tim Goodwin is the head coach for the Flyers. Plus other GWOC coaches that make the play-offs can coach against Stokes coached teams twice a year, once during the regular season than in the post season as Stokes stands on the opposing teams sideline.
I don't think Mechanicsburg will ever get the enrollment to play teams from that league.....do you?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-21-17, 05:12 PM
GWOCing GWOCing is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-23-14
Posts: 450
GWOCing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Personally believed Miller would have been an excellent choice last season. From what I understand Ullery teams were always physical and run the football first mentality. Fits Miller to a T. Than again maybe C-Ville wanted to go in a different direction.
Miller was the first name in my head as well. I think that would be the smartest move by Centerville.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-21-17, 07:16 PM
Bengal WhoDey Bengal WhoDey is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Posts: 229
Bengal WhoDey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
define A LOT......lets see how much you really know?
I've talked to at least a dozen when their guards are down. Maybe I just know the disgruntled portion, but the majority of them didn't like him much. They are not calling for his job or anything like that, but winning cures a lot of ills. That is true everywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-22-17, 06:21 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,245
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Hire Mike Harrison
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-23-17, 07:23 AM
Geno17 Geno17 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-02-16
Posts: 1
Geno17 is on a distinguished road
Brian Blevins, Pat Wood from Wayn..Offensive or Defensive coordinator from Colerain.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-23-17, 09:32 AM
elkfan elkfan is offline
Voice of Reason
 
Join Date: 08-12-03
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,136
elkfan is on a distinguished road
This is a pretty big hire for Dement. He got rid of a very successful coach in order to take the program in a new direction, well he accomplished that. Everyone speaks highly of Roberts as good guy but he was clearly in over his head at Centerville. The program is now a shell of what it once was, with strings being pulled by parents & administration. The football program should be run by the Head Coach & his assistants without influence from parents. How will this be accomplished not at CHS after all that's taken place?

Dements quote from the Dec 2013 DDN article "We’re looking at five-10 years down the road, where do we want to be as a program?" Well, sir it's 4 years later - Is this where you wanted to be?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-23-17, 09:44 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,582
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan View Post
This is a pretty big hire for Dement. He got rid of a very successful coach in order to take the program in a new direction, well he accomplished that. Everyone speaks highly of Roberts as good guy but he was clearly in over his head at Centerville. The program is now a shell of what it once was, with strings being pulled by parents & administration. The football program should be run by the Head Coach & his assistants without influence from parents. How will this be accomplished not at CHS after all that's taken place?

Dements quote from the Dec 2013 DDN article "We’re looking at five-10 years down the road, where do we want to be as a program?" Well, sir it's 4 years later - Is this where you wanted to be?
one of the keys to a great program....is having support from the parents and the administration......one or both not happening can kill a program quicker then it is to build it.......
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-23-17, 09:54 AM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,245
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFootballFan1972 View Post
Ha! - They are trying to improve the program, not sink it!
Lol if you ask him he runs it anyway
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 03-23-17, 10:23 AM
elkfan elkfan is offline
Voice of Reason
 
Join Date: 08-12-03
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,136
elkfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Lol if you ask him he runs it anyway
that's not entirely inaccurate
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-23-17, 10:27 AM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 368
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan View Post
This is a pretty big hire for Dement. He got rid of a very successful coach in order to take the program in a new direction, well he accomplished that. Everyone speaks highly of Roberts as good guy but he was clearly in over his head at Centerville. The program is now a shell of what it once was, with strings being pulled by parents & administration. The football program should be run by the Head Coach & his assistants without influence from parents. How will this be accomplished not at CHS after all that's taken place?

Dements quote from the Dec 2013 DDN article "We’re looking at five-10 years down the road, where do we want to be as a program?" Well, sir it's 4 years later - Is this where you wanted to be?
Very well said. As an outsider, the biggest complaint of Ullery was the offense and how it needed to adapt to the times. Well the spread is sexy, but the "stone age" offense was what made Centerville successful. Most teams run spread now, so it's not as hard to defend as some of the older offenses such as variances of the option, wing-t, single wing,etc. Those give teams the biggest headaches now. Newer is not always better and I think the people in Elk country are seeing that now.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-23-17, 10:41 AM
Rambo1980 Rambo1980 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-28-11
Posts: 296
Rambo1980 is on a distinguished road
Is there a time table set?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-23-17, 11:04 AM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,845
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno17 View Post
Brian Blevins, Pat Wood from Wayn..Offensive or Defensive coordinator from Colerain.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Centerville can have Blevins. Can't have Woody though.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-23-17, 11:14 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 155
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Very well said. As an outsider, the biggest complaint of Ullery was the offense and how it needed to adapt to the times. Well the spread is sexy, but the "stone age" offense was what made Centerville successful. Most teams run spread now, so it's not as hard to defend as some of the older offenses such as variances of the option, wing-t, single wing,etc. Those give teams the biggest headaches now. Newer is not always better and I think the people in Elk country are seeing that now.
Offense has NOT been the problem that last 2 years...it was defense! Whether it is the spread or option, the best solution is a 50/50 run/pass mix AND adapting to your athletes each year. One style does not fit all and coaches have to adjust to your talent & playmakers.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-23-17, 11:19 AM
Bull_Elk Bull_Elk is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-14
Posts: 159
Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1980 View Post
Is there a time table set?
The job posting indicates that the application deadline is April 7, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-23-17, 11:24 AM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 368
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
I never said offense was a problem. Now, i haven't seen Elks play under Roberts, but with many spread teams, defense suffers considerably since the offense either scores real quick or punts which leaves the defense on the field forever. Has the new offense been up-tempo? Because if so, it has worked to the detriment of the defense.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-23-17, 11:31 AM
Warpath Warpath is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-20-13
Posts: 74
Warpath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Centerville can have Blevins. Can't have Woody though.
Agreed. I would seriously doubt Woody would want it anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-23-17, 12:44 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 944
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Offense has NOT been the problem that last 2 years...it was defense! Whether it is the spread or option, the best solution is a 50/50 run/pass mix AND adapting to your athletes each year. One style does not fit all and coaches have to adjust to your talent & playmakers.
Running to double wing, option offense certainly helps the D and as stated, most spread teams put their defense in a bind in one way or the other. I disagree that success comes from a 50/50 run to pass ratio. You can be incredibly successful if you're a heavy run team by making those passing plays count and vice versa. A team who is throwing 75%+ each game should be able to gash the D on their runs so that no matter what, the D has to respect both. That's the key.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-23-17, 02:28 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 155
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
Running to double wing, option offense certainly helps the D and as stated, most spread teams put their defense in a bind in one way or the other. I disagree that success comes from a 50/50 run to pass ratio. You can be incredibly successful if you're a heavy run team by making those passing plays count and vice versa. A team who is throwing 75%+ each game should be able to gash the D on their runs so that no matter what, the D has to respect both. That's the key.
Mix should be dictated by talent.
Good OL and RB = run the ball
Good QB and WR = throw the ball
Good OL, RB, QB, and WRs = run & pass the ball
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM
Former Toledo Central Catholic head coach and assistant Tom Santoro has passed away. dougp66 Football 3 05-29-16 08:01 PM
Chad Long to be named Fremont Ross head coach FremontKeith Football 3 02-22-16 06:16 PM
Huber Heights Wayne 56 Centerville 17 vamp2syd Football 44 11-01-15 03:17 PM
North Canton Hoover Coaching search unclebob Football 165 03-06-15 11:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz