Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-24-17, 09:14 AM
Varsity

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
my only thought is maybe once all that virtual school stuff went down it ohsaa did a deeper dive in walnut and thats how all this additional info came to a head. this is all very unfortunate. an unnecessary black eye on the schoool and show's why many feel like they should simply focus on academics.
Old 03-24-17, 09:19 AM
All District

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
I am going to go back to the article I posted. If you look on ODE's website, Burglary is an unemployable offense. So if he pleaded guilty, he never should have been coaching at any high school. This could possibly get ugly for other schools he has coached at as well if he never had a Pupil Activity Permit.
Old 03-24-17, 09:20 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgeReport View Post
The SludgeReport has learned that a meeting between OHSAA and Walnut Hills occurred late last week. The SludgeReport has also learned that the meeting resulted in further questioning by OHSAA of individuals associated with the WH program, that aren't even cleared by ODE to be working with students.

The mess at Walnut Hills appears to be getting worse.
Mixon could be the guy based off the article cinfbfan posted
Old 03-24-17, 09:22 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
I am going to go back to the article I posted. If you look on ODE's website, Burglary is an unemployable offense. So if he pleaded guilty, he never should have been coaching at any high school. This could possibly get ugly for other schools he has coached at as well if he never had a Pupil Activity Permit.
I just read that article even if lainhart managed to get it expunged, Mixon could be the guy that wasn't clear. It will be interesting seeing how this all unfolds and how it plays out. Walnut needs to do something soon because they would need to get a new coach in place pretty swiftly if they decided to move on.
Old 03-24-17, 09:46 AM
All District

If you go to ODE's website, they talk about how it doesn't matter if a conviction gets expunged or not. You are still held to it and required to disclose it. Sounds like Lainhart is on his way out, and as I said, does this do anything for St. X or anywhere else he assisted?

Now, I didn't know Mixon was on staff..... it is bad enough to have one unemployable person working with student-athletes, but 2!!! This could get beyond messy and people at Walnut Hills & CPS deserve answers.
Old 03-24-17, 09:51 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you go to ODE's website, they talk about how it doesn't matter if a conviction gets expunged or not. You are still held to it and required to disclose it. Sounds like Lainhart is on his way out, and as I said, does this do anything for St. X or anywhere else he assisted?

Now, I didn't know Mixon was on staff..... it is bad enough to have one unemployable person working with student-athletes, but 2!!! This could get beyond messy and people at Walnut Hills & CPS deserve answers.
If you can open up this attachment....holy cow how was that guy coaching???
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lainhart.pdf (39.1 KB, 411 views)
Old 03-24-17, 09:55 AM
Varsity

Quote:

somebody no pun intended dropped the ball on this one
Old 03-24-17, 10:04 AM
Varsity

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Wonder if Walnuts AD has had conversations with the ADs at Taft, Mason, and Steubenville to learn how to get around this
Old 03-24-17, 10:31 AM
Varsity

Quote:

I see what you're saying about other programs. they are still all governed by ODE standards for pupil activity. so how did he slip through Colerain and St. X.
Old 03-24-17, 10:32 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
Wonder if Walnuts AD has had conversations with the ADs at Taft, Mason, and Steubenville to learn how to get around this
the document marvinlewis08 put up makes it seem like there is NO way around this.
Old 03-24-17, 11:03 AM
All District

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
.. Wow
Old 03-24-17, 11:34 AM
Varsity

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
the document marvinlewis08 put up makes it seem like there is NO way around this.
I would hope not, but sadly you never know
Old 03-24-17, 01:46 PM
Freshman

CincinnatiDot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoops42 View Post
I don't believe anything will happen at Walnut at all. Josh and Tom are honorable men. No way any rules were broken.

Proof?
Yikes
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lainhart---ode.pdf (43.0 KB, 164 views)
Old 03-24-17, 02:32 PM
All District

#Hashtag is on a distinguished road
ODE makes any license issued public record. Link below is the "Educator Search"

After you type in a name, it will bring up anyone with that name on file. Once you choose a name, click on "Credentials" on the left panel to view any license (Pupil Activity, teaching, principal, treasurer, etc.) that was issued by the State of Ohio.

https://coreprodint.ode.state.oh.us/...torSearch.aspx

Unfortunately for the parties involved, it would appear Coach Lainhart IS on the ODE search, however does NOT have any license issued by the state of Ohio. This means that he coached for free this year as the school district would be fined if paying an employee without proper licensure. This was the case for a few area school districts just this year.
Old 03-24-17, 03:03 PM
Freshman

GapDownBacker is on a distinguished road
Claiming he was unpaid is going to make this all ok?????
Old 03-24-17, 07:21 PM
All District

#Hashtag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GapDownBacker View Post
Claiming he was unpaid is going to make this all ok?????
Who said it makes it OK?
Old 03-24-17, 07:28 PM
Freshman

GapDownBacker is on a distinguished road
Sorry I did not clarify. I am hoping that the school / athletic department did not think or agree that if he wasn't paid that it was ok. If he does not have this permit, laws are being ignored about coaching or being in contact with high school students. It has 0 to do with pay.
Old 03-24-17, 07:39 PM
Freshman

GoYard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GapDownBacker View Post
Sorry I did not clarify. I am hoping that the school / athletic department did not think or agree that if he wasn't paid that it was ok. If he does not have this permit, laws are being ignored about coaching or being in contact with high school students. It has 0 to do with pay.
And they continue to ignore his lack of license....on his twitter he still says he is head coach of Walnut and posting about his players...my question and big concern is why is the Cinti public schools not taking a stand on this? I'm sure he is a great guy and make a stupid drunken decision in his immature days... but anyone with his conviction can not be a coach. PERIOD And it's not like this happened 20-30 years ago and he's never been in trouble since....5 years after he pled guilty he is applying to the state for a license. HE KNEW he was not allowed to be coaching and CPS FAILED to verify his status....I see big legal problems if something was to happen with one of him and his players.
Old 03-24-17, 08:43 PM
All District

Now, I hope I am wrong here, but this looks like a big ol cover up and conspiracy. Weird that the old Walnut Assistant AD takes over as the District AD without actual Athletic Director experience, and you put him in charge of the largest school district in Hamilton County? Next, the principal decides to move on and the long time school AD decides to retire. Coincidentally, the superintendent who must oversee and ok every hire before it goes to the board for approval is also retiring.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire and it's looking worse and worse from every angle.
Old 03-25-17, 04:43 AM
All American

cphslFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Now, I hope I am wrong here, but this looks like a big ol cover up and conspiracy. Weird that the old Walnut Assistant AD takes over as the District AD without actual Athletic Director experience, and you put him in charge of the largest school district in Hamilton County? Next, the principal decides to move on and the long time school AD decides to retire. Coincidentally, the superintendent who must oversee and ok every hire before it goes to the board for approval is also retiring.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire and it's looking worse and worse from every angle.
wow didn't think about this at all Law and Order sports edition
Old 03-25-17, 10:30 AM
Freshman

GoYard is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I luv conspiracy theories better than anyone, esp when they involve the Clintons, but I don't see all these all connected. BroKamp's son graduated last year and is playing college ball, so I'm sure he has the time in to retire and wants to enjoy living off great government retirement benefits and enjoy watching his son play in college.......The ADs are not even CPS employess, they are paid by an organization that covers their salary through donations...which I see as a big issue...CPS should be paying for their services...anyways, the CPS district position Josh took I believe is more of a compliance/facilities/scheduling overseer, so he may be the one that verifies licenses, and even discovered Lainhart was not allowed to work, and self reported to OHSAA?

If Lainhart was paid I would think as in the case with the other recent case of Kennamore working at schools and not being licence, the school is responsible for paying back the salary to the dept of education. CPS is a mess, Kennamore also was a basketball coach in one of the cinti schools, so once again we have another unlicensed person knowingly working in schools they know they legally can not do so.
Old 03-25-17, 06:57 PM
All District

I know the ADs are primarily employed by Activities Beyond the Classroom, however, they still get stipends from schools themselves. It's a strange dual employment thing and leads to little oversight and convoluted money situations in the schools.
Old 03-26-17, 05:59 AM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Post Things have really changed.....

Most of our coaches/administrators were on staff at Walnut and this on-line athletes thing ?
Something to think about next time I get my alumni newsletter with the self addressed envelope inside.
Old 03-28-17, 07:42 AM
Varsity

gatorfan is on a distinguished road
This thing should be much bigger at the end for Walnut Hills if OHSAA wants to be consider a respectable and serious institution. To blatantly disregard the direct expectations of the OHSAA in regards to coaching student-athletes in Ohio and hiring individuals they had to know could not be employed by a public entity is absolutely a slap in the face to the OHSAA and ODE. Walnut Hills as an institution should be punished severely because of their incompetent leadership. On top of all this their football HC is a narcissistic fool for the actions he has been taking in regards to recruiting players from other programs throughout the tri-state area. Numerous accusations and facts have been given to the OHSAA of blatant disregard of the rules because he thinks he above everyone else. The state hasn't even acted on these issues because of all the other violations found because of these issues. Walnut Hills needs to cut it's losses and take what's coming to them and move on. It's going to be a blood bath by the end if this drags out much farther.
Old 03-28-17, 08:30 AM
Varsity

Like how is he still tweeting about, and allowed to be around the program? I would have thought someone would have said thanks but no thanks we don't need the negative publicity.
Old 03-29-17, 03:33 AM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Bloodbath ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfan View Post
This thing should be much bigger at the end for Walnut Hills if OHSAA wants to be consider a respectable and serious institution. To blatantly disregard the direct expectations of the OHSAA in regards to coaching student-athletes in Ohio and hiring individuals they had to know could not be employed by a public entity is absolutely a slap in the face to the OHSAA and ODE. Walnut Hills as an institution should be punished severely because of their incompetent leadership. On top of all this their football HC is a narcissistic fool for the actions he has been taking in regards to recruiting players from other programs throughout the tri-state area. Numerous accusations and facts have been given to the OHSAA of blatant disregard of the rules because he thinks he above everyone else. The state hasn't even acted on these issues because of all the other violations found because of these issues. Walnut Hills needs to cut it's losses and take what's coming to them and move on. It's going to be a blood bath by the end if this drags out much farther.
Maybe for the athletically obsessed.......which is the problem in the first place. "STUDENTS" will continue to score well on SAT/ACTs, take AP courses and most will have their pick of colleges. Not quite a bloodbath.
Old 04-04-17, 07:29 AM
All District

I'm not quite sure how this is dying or getting buried, but this is a major, major issue. Again, how is Coach Lainhart allowed to be around his team? How is Mixon allowed to be around the team? Where is the accountability? Where is the media, such as Scott Springer with the Enquirer? This is ludicrous to me. ODE clearly states "Coaching or pupil activity permits are required for individuals who will direct, supervise or coach a student activity program that involves athletics, routine or regular physical activity or activities with health and safety considerations." Nowhere does it mention if you are getting paid or not. He clearly was supervising a student activity which involves athletics, period. How Lainhart, Mixon, School AD, District AD, still have jobs is beyond me. Also, where is the outrage over the Board of Education approving this? I would imagine, even if he wasn't paid, that they would have to approve of him supervising children in violation of multiple ODE, OHSAA, and CPS policies. This continues to baffle me.
Old 04-04-17, 10:31 AM
All Region

Onyx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not quite sure how this is dying or getting buried, but this is a major, major issue. Again, how is Coach Lainhart allowed to be around his team? How is Mixon allowed to be around the team? Where is the accountability? Where is the media, such as Scott Springer with the Enquirer? This is ludicrous to me. ODE clearly states "Coaching or pupil activity permits are required for individuals who will direct, supervise or coach a student activity program that involves athletics, routine or regular physical activity or activities with health and safety considerations." Nowhere does it mention if you are getting paid or not. He clearly was supervising a student activity which involves athletics, period. How Lainhart, Mixon, School AD, District AD, still have jobs is beyond me. Also, where is the outrage over the Board of Education approving this? I would imagine, even if he wasn't paid, that they would have to approve of him supervising children in violation of multiple ODE, OHSAA, and CPS policies. This continues to baffle me.
I totally 100% agree. However, I think it is going to fall on deaf ears. I honestly DO NOT think anything will be done about this. Yes, there should be something done. I just don't see it happening. This to me is one of the quickest ways for you to be non-renewed, fired, or not given a job. Isn't this like a lawyer practicing law without a license etc. Kind of crazy but also falls right in line with what the OHSAA does any way! We'll see
Old 04-05-17, 08:58 AM
Freshman

CincyFBInsider is on a distinguished road
Nothing to see folks, keep moving. Let the powers to be handle their business and I'm sure they have more answers than "yappi" posters. Walnut is a good school and I'm sure they will figure it out. To be baffled by anything these days tell me you don't get out much...just sayin'
Old 04-05-17, 09:25 AM
All District

I get out plenty, but issues like this continue to tarnish the reputation of athletics, especially football. Coaches, parents, teachers, and administrators talk to these young people all the time about how actions have consequences in the real world and how you have to be a better person all the time, etc. This shows the exact opposite. That MANY violations occurred, and most likely attempts to cover up these violations. This sends the wrong message. I don't think Walnut will get it right, or they would have already fired Lainhart & Mixon because that would be the right thing to do. The interesting part is I keep reading on here about OHSAA investigating, but is ODE investigating? That is a bigger issue to me as again, I stress, it is student athlete & the athletic department at Walnut directly violated ODE regulations with their football coach(es).

There should be some consequence & follow through, otherwise, everyone just do whatever they want. I for one would not want a convicted criminal & a person who cannot obtain a simple Pupil Activity Permit to be in charge of my child for hours upon hours a day. That would be just plain stupid.