Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-17, 10:18 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyWhack View Post
WTF....just got word that Nick Saban was spotted at the new Tigertown Pub and Grill! Anyone witness this?

https://twitter.com/coachnmoore/stat...44813439148032
Old 04-08-17, 09:58 AM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
With him and Shepas on board as new agents for Massillon. We are going to bring our recruiting nation wide. We are not small timing here. We are mass communicating.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-17, 10:17 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post
huh? it's sad when the "greatest generation" succumbs to old age. I appreciate what you and your classmates did to get us out of the depression
You're welcome. Now get back to cleaning my pool.
Old 04-08-17, 01:44 PM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyWhack View Post
WTF....just got word that Nick Saban was spotted at the new Tigertown Pub and Grill! Anyone witness this?
Rumor has it he needs a new Parental Involvement Coordinator for the Alabama football team and he heard one is available, with no contract for the year ahead, in Massillon.
Old 04-09-17, 05:19 AM
All Ohio

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Obviously Saban coming means everything. It means that Massillon has the most talented kids in the country; Moore is being seriously considered as a 'Bama assistant; and it immediately legitimizes that Massillon is still relevant in the major high school football circles. Massillon is considered by the experts as Ohio's top team regardless of division.

OK - it really doesn't mean anything except that the BC ponied up enough cash to make it worth Saban's time but I wanted the Tiger faithful to have some good feelings.
Old 04-09-17, 06:30 AM
All World

I'm just curious as to what Coach Saban will think when he finds out Coach Dantonio's appearance warranted $150 but his is only $40. At least that's my understanding.
Old 04-09-17, 09:52 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Obviously Saban coming means everything. It means that Massillon has the most talented kids in the country; Moore is being seriously considered as a 'Bama assistant; and it immediately legitimizes that Massillon is still relevant in the major high school football circles. Massillon is considered by the experts as Ohio's top team regardless of division.

OK - it really doesn't mean anything except that the BC ponied up enough cash to make it worth Saban's time but I wanted the Tiger faithful to have some good feelings.
It seems like the sage, Saban, could possibly have some influence on the kids with his words. But, that's not going to happen since kids are not allowed to attend the event.
Old 04-09-17, 09:59 AM
All World

Another point. The Booster Club ponies up the money for Saban and then goes begging for donations before the Lift-a-Thon for something. I don't remember the specifics. Freaking hot mess. Period.
Old 04-09-17, 11:37 AM
All American

BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so excited for Dion Conley in the upcoming draft
Old 04-09-17, 05:45 PM
Varsity

tiger1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Another point. The Booster Club ponies up the money for Saban and then goes begging for donations before the Lift-a-Thon for something. I don't remember the specifics. Freaking hot mess. Period.
Saban was never paid to attend.
Old 04-09-17, 08:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1 View Post
Saban was never paid to attend.
Um, so Nick Saban is coming to that thriving metropolis of Massillon, Ohio for nothing? Really?
Old 04-10-17, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Who gives a F? You people bi+tch about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

So Saban is speaking at the kickoff, oh no. Shoulda got BJ Payne, lol.
Old 04-10-17, 07:45 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Who gives a F? You people bi+tch about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

So Saban is speaking at the kickoff, oh no. Shoulda got BJ Payne, lol.
Who said that? Just don't try to blow smoke up my and tell me that Nick Saban, yes NICK SABAN is coming to Massillon to speak and not getting paid. Are you effing kidding me man?

And no, you Geriatric Geniuses shouldn't have gotten BJ to speak. You should have freaking gotten him to COACH instead of that soap opera from Cincinnati.
Old 04-10-17, 07:50 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Very nice of Nick Saban to come all of the way to Massillon from Tuscaloosa for free. I bet he even bought a ticket to the event for good measure and show his support for a program he'd travel 750 miles to honor.
Old 04-10-17, 09:02 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Very nice of Nick Saban to come all of the way to Massillon from Tuscaloosa for free. I bet he even bought a ticket to the event for good measure and show his support for a program he'd travel 750 miles to honor.
Thank you.
Old 04-10-17, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

Wow, look at that! He even served-

Old 04-10-17, 03:28 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Who said that? Just don't try to blow smoke up my and tell me that Nick Saban, yes NICK SABAN is coming to Massillon to speak and not getting paid. Are you effing kidding me man?

And no, you Geriatric Geniuses shouldn't have gotten BJ to speak. You should have freaking gotten him to COACH instead of that soap opera from Cincinnati.
They pay expenses for them to come.
Old 04-10-17, 03:44 PM
Varsity

Saban

Saban made over 6 million dollars last year. Do you really think he needs money from Massillon. They want to recruit this area. That includes all high schools in the area. I don't understand why everyone gets so upset about this. Say he was visiting Central Catholic would everyone get upset. Do you think they paid Urban to show up at basketball game ?
Old 04-10-17, 04:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Saban made over 6 million dollars last year. Do you really think he needs money from Massillon. They want to recruit this area. That includes all high schools in the area. I don't understand why everyone gets so upset about this. Say he was visiting Central Catholic would everyone get upset. Do you think they paid Urban to show up at basketball game ?
Alabama would really be something if they could get some Stark county kids
Old 04-10-17, 05:38 PM
Varsity

Urban sure likes Alabama kids.
Old 04-10-17, 06:27 PM
All American

just look at all those Massillon kids with Bama offers....there's the coach's kid and, then....um....uh.....that one kid, no....um....the coach's kid
Old 04-10-17, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Who's getting upset?
Old 04-11-17, 09:13 PM
All Ohio

Saban doesn't break wind for less than 5 grand.

His interest in coming to Massillon to speak would be what then? A Cameo burger?

You people crack me up.

Does having Saban speak really cover last year's debacle? A season played under the cloud of controversy and ending in a one and done?

Egret is right again. The Massiloons are running the asylum.
Old 04-12-17, 02:48 PM
Varsity

If you don't like Massillon and are not part of the program. Why do even care?
You act like your paying him. He is not he first high profile coach to come to stark county. He is just a guest speaker. He is going to do a boys club event near his home. You should go and investigate. I am sure someone from Massillon is behind this.
Old 04-12-17, 02:59 PM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Saban made over 6 million dollars last year. Do you really think he needs money from Massillon?
No, he doesn't but why would he take time out of his schedule to do this for free? If he wanted to recruit/scout the area he would do just that. He wouldn't waste his time doing a scheduled speaking for free.

You think Bill Clinton needed the money from 2001-2013 when he raked in $100+ million for showing up to events to speak?
Old 04-12-17, 04:07 PM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
You think Bill Clinton needed the money from 2001-2013 when he raked in $100+ million for showing up to events to speak?
Actually Bill said they were broke af so they needed the money

And Bill did some free speeches as well... so Saban may as well too. I could see it especially at Kent State since that was his alma mater.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c386b2fa8dd6
Old 04-13-17, 05:53 AM
All Ohio

This is Massillon's MO now. Dropping gear from a helicopter, obsessing over a live Tiger, getting a big name speaker for a banquet. It helps keep their minds off the actual football games and keeps the reality at arm's length. Nearly five decades without title for the place they call Titletown - you gotta do something.

Just like it took awhile for Akron to stop calling itself "Th Rubber City" - the nostalgia of the good old days dies hard.
Old 04-13-17, 06:58 AM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This is Massillon's MO now. Dropping gear from a helicopter, obsessing over a live Tiger, getting a big name speaker for a banquet. It helps keep their minds off the actual football games and keeps the reality at arm's length. Nearly five decades without title for the place they call Titletown - you gotta do something.

Just like it took awhile for Akron to stop calling itself "Th Rubber City" - the nostalgia of the good old days dies hard.
I've been on this site for around 10yrs now in that time the only one I've seen consistently obsessing about Massillon football is you. How many handles have you gone through over the years?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-17, 07:01 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
Actually Bill said they were broke af so they needed the money

And Bill did some free speeches as well... so Saban may as well too. I could see it especially at Kent State since that was his alma mater.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c386b2fa8dd6
I have a beachfront in Iowa you'd love.

Did Saban also graduate from Massillon? If not, I see no relevance.
Old 04-13-17, 07:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Saban doesn't break wind for less than 5 grand.

His interest in coming to Massillon to speak would be what then? A Cameo burger?

You people crack me up.

Does having Saban speak really cover last year's debacle? A season played under the cloud of controversy and ending in a one and done?

Egret is right again. The Massiloons are running the asylum.
You two are realllllllllly starting to scare me.
Closed Thread