Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-07-17, 10:18 PM
firewatch firewatch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Posts: 3,243
firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyWhack View Post
WTF....just got word that Nick Saban was spotted at the new Tigertown Pub and Grill! Anyone witness this?

https://twitter.com/coachnmoore/stat...44813439148032
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-08-17, 09:58 AM
murphy13 murphy13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-16-06
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Posts: 3,360
murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
With him and Shepas on board as new agents for Massillon. We are going to bring our recruiting nation wide. We are not small timing here. We are mass communicating.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-08-17, 10:17 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,522
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post
huh? it's sad when the "greatest generation" succumbs to old age. I appreciate what you and your classmates did to get us out of the depression
You're welcome. Now get back to cleaning my pool.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-08-17, 01:44 PM
Cali_Eagle Cali_Eagle is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-29-16
Posts: 293
Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyWhack View Post
WTF....just got word that Nick Saban was spotted at the new Tigertown Pub and Grill! Anyone witness this?
Rumor has it he needs a new Parental Involvement Coordinator for the Alabama football team and he heard one is available, with no contract for the year ahead, in Massillon.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-09-17, 05:19 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 425
my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Obviously Saban coming means everything. It means that Massillon has the most talented kids in the country; Moore is being seriously considered as a 'Bama assistant; and it immediately legitimizes that Massillon is still relevant in the major high school football circles. Massillon is considered by the experts as Ohio's top team regardless of division.











OK - it really doesn't mean anything except that the BC ponied up enough cash to make it worth Saban's time but I wanted the Tiger faithful to have some good feelings.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-09-17, 06:30 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,522
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just curious as to what Coach Saban will think when he finds out Coach Dantonio's appearance warranted $150 but his is only $40. At least that's my understanding.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-09-17, 09:52 AM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 4,777
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Obviously Saban coming means everything. It means that Massillon has the most talented kids in the country; Moore is being seriously considered as a 'Bama assistant; and it immediately legitimizes that Massillon is still relevant in the major high school football circles. Massillon is considered by the experts as Ohio's top team regardless of division.











OK - it really doesn't mean anything except that the BC ponied up enough cash to make it worth Saban's time but I wanted the Tiger faithful to have some good feelings.
It seems like the sage, Saban, could possibly have some influence on the kids with his words. But, that's not going to happen since kids are not allowed to attend the event.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-09-17, 09:59 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,522
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Another point. The Booster Club ponies up the money for Saban and then goes begging for donations before the Lift-a-Thon for something. I don't remember the specifics. Freaking hot mess. Period.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-09-17, 11:37 AM
BigSack BigSack is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-30-02
Posts: 1,611
BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point


I'm so excited for Dion Conley in the upcoming draft
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-09-17, 05:45 PM
tiger1 tiger1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-16-09
Location: Dover Ohio
Posts: 51
tiger1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Another point. The Booster Club ponies up the money for Saban and then goes begging for donations before the Lift-a-Thon for something. I don't remember the specifics. Freaking hot mess. Period.
Saban was never paid to attend.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-09-17, 08:25 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,522
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1 View Post
Saban was never paid to attend.
Um, so Nick Saban is coming to that thriving metropolis of Massillon, Ohio for nothing? Really?
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-10-17, 07:35 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 8,469
TigerPaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Who gives a F? You people bi+tch about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

So Saban is speaking at the kickoff, oh no. Shoulda got BJ Payne, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-10-17, 07:45 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,522
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Who gives a F? You people bi+tch about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

So Saban is speaking at the kickoff, oh no. Shoulda got BJ Payne, lol.
Who said that? Just don't try to blow smoke up my and tell me that Nick Saban, yes NICK SABAN is coming to Massillon to speak and not getting paid. Are you effing kidding me man?

And no, you Geriatric Geniuses shouldn't have gotten BJ to speak. You should have freaking gotten him to COACH instead of that soap opera from Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-10-17, 07:50 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 7,688
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Very nice of Nick Saban to come all of the way to Massillon from Tuscaloosa for free. I bet he even bought a ticket to the event for good measure and show his support for a program he'd travel 750 miles to honor.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-10-17, 09:02 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,522
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Very nice of Nick Saban to come all of the way to Massillon from Tuscaloosa for free. I bet he even bought a ticket to the event for good measure and show his support for a program he'd travel 750 miles to honor.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-10-17, 02:20 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 7,688
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Wow, look at that! He even served-

Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-10-17, 03:28 PM
tiger1 tiger1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-16-09
Location: Dover Ohio
Posts: 51
tiger1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Who said that? Just don't try to blow smoke up my and tell me that Nick Saban, yes NICK SABAN is coming to Massillon to speak and not getting paid. Are you effing kidding me man?

And no, you Geriatric Geniuses shouldn't have gotten BJ to speak. You should have freaking gotten him to COACH instead of that soap opera from Cincinnati.
They pay expenses for them to come.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-10-17, 03:44 PM
tiger1 tiger1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-16-09
Location: Dover Ohio
Posts: 51
tiger1 is on a distinguished road
Saban

Saban made over 6 million dollars last year. Do you really think he needs money from Massillon. They want to recruit this area. That includes all high schools in the area. I don't understand why everyone gets so upset about this. Say he was visiting Central Catholic would everyone get upset. Do you think they paid Urban to show up at basketball game ?
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-10-17, 04:00 PM
BigSack BigSack is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-30-02
Posts: 1,611
BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1 View Post
Saban made over 6 million dollars last year. Do you really think he needs money from Massillon. They want to recruit this area. That includes all high schools in the area. I don't understand why everyone gets so upset about this. Say he was visiting Central Catholic would everyone get upset. Do you think they paid Urban to show up at basketball game ?
Alabama would really be something if they could get some Stark county kids
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-10-17, 05:38 PM
tiger1 tiger1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-16-09
Location: Dover Ohio
Posts: 51
tiger1 is on a distinguished road
Urban sure likes Alabama kids.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 04-10-17, 06:27 PM
BigSack BigSack is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-30-02
Posts: 1,611
BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
just look at all those Massillon kids with Bama offers....there's the coach's kid and, then....um....uh.....that one kid, no....um....the coach's kid
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 04-10-17, 06:48 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 7,688
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1 View Post
Saban made over 6 million dollars last year. Do you really think he needs money from Massillon. They want to recruit this area. That includes all high schools in the area. I don't understand why everyone gets so upset about this. Say he was visiting Central Catholic would everyone get upset. Do you think they paid Urban to show up at basketball game ?
Who's getting upset?
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 04-11-17, 09:13 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 425
my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Saban doesn't break wind for less than 5 grand.

His interest in coming to Massillon to speak would be what then? A Cameo burger?

You people crack me up.

Does having Saban speak really cover last year's debacle? A season played under the cloud of controversy and ending in a one and done?

Egret is right again. The Massiloons are running the asylum.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 04-12-17, 02:48 PM
tiger1 tiger1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-16-09
Location: Dover Ohio
Posts: 51
tiger1 is on a distinguished road
If you don't like Massillon and are not part of the program. Why do even care?
You act like your paying him. He is not he first high profile coach to come to stark county. He is just a guest speaker. He is going to do a boys club event near his home. You should go and investigate. I am sure someone from Massillon is behind this.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 04-12-17, 02:59 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 412
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1 View Post
Saban made over 6 million dollars last year. Do you really think he needs money from Massillon?
No, he doesn't but why would he take time out of his schedule to do this for free? If he wanted to recruit/scout the area he would do just that. He wouldn't waste his time doing a scheduled speaking for free.

You think Bill Clinton needed the money from 2001-2013 when he raked in $100+ million for showing up to events to speak?
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 04-12-17, 04:07 PM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 554
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
You think Bill Clinton needed the money from 2001-2013 when he raked in $100+ million for showing up to events to speak?
Actually Bill said they were broke af so they needed the money

And Bill did some free speeches as well... so Saban may as well too. I could see it especially at Kent State since that was his alma mater.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c386b2fa8dd6
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 04-13-17, 05:53 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 425
my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
This is Massillon's MO now. Dropping gear from a helicopter, obsessing over a live Tiger, getting a big name speaker for a banquet. It helps keep their minds off the actual football games and keeps the reality at arm's length. Nearly five decades without title for the place they call Titletown - you gotta do something.

Just like it took awhile for Akron to stop calling itself "Th Rubber City" - the nostalgia of the good old days dies hard.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 04-13-17, 06:58 AM
murphy13 murphy13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-16-06
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Posts: 3,360
murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
This is Massillon's MO now. Dropping gear from a helicopter, obsessing over a live Tiger, getting a big name speaker for a banquet. It helps keep their minds off the actual football games and keeps the reality at arm's length. Nearly five decades without title for the place they call Titletown - you gotta do something.

Just like it took awhile for Akron to stop calling itself "Th Rubber City" - the nostalgia of the good old days dies hard.
I've been on this site for around 10yrs now in that time the only one I've seen consistently obsessing about Massillon football is you. How many handles have you gone through over the years?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 04-13-17, 07:01 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 412
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
Actually Bill said they were broke af so they needed the money

And Bill did some free speeches as well... so Saban may as well too. I could see it especially at Kent State since that was his alma mater.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c386b2fa8dd6
I have a beachfront in Iowa you'd love.

Did Saban also graduate from Massillon? If not, I see no relevance.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 04-13-17, 07:42 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 7,688
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Saban doesn't break wind for less than 5 grand.

His interest in coming to Massillon to speak would be what then? A Cameo burger?

You people crack me up.

Does having Saban speak really cover last year's debacle? A season played under the cloud of controversy and ending in a one and done?

Egret is right again. The Massiloons are running the asylum.
You two are realllllllllly starting to scare me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Timeless Rivals' Documentary, Massillon Tigers v McKinley Bulldogs DaveDawg Football 2 01-27-17 09:21 PM
Ohio Week 9 Schedule EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 07-26-16 02:20 PM
Ohio Week 8 Schedule EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 07-26-16 02:16 PM
Louisville Leopards at Massillon Tigers JV & Varsity Boys Basketball Video Highlights LeopardNation Boys Basketball 0 12-15-15 11:13 PM
Louisville Leopards at Massillon Tigers JV & Varsity Video Highlights & Recap LeopardNation Girls Basketball 0 12-11-15 01:14 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz