Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-15-17, 04:44 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Saw a bunch of mock drafts today that have Gareon Conley going anywhere from 4th to 29th in the 1st round.
Old 03-15-17, 06:45 PM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
I would like to hear peoples opinions regarding week 1. Mentor at Massillon. Predictions, thoughts on the game, thoughts on players returning, thoughts on crowd size... Anything that people would like to share. I plan on making the 2-2 1/2 hour trip to hopefully see a great game. Just looking for as much good quality feedback as I can read. (with no back and forth arguing). Thanks.
Old 03-15-17, 07:20 PM
All American

BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
I would like to hear peoples opinions regarding week 1. Mentor at Massillon. Predictions, thoughts on the game, thoughts on players returning, thoughts on crowd size... Anything that people would like to share. I plan on making the 2-2 1/2 hour trip to hopefully see a great game. Just looking for as much good quality feedback as I can read. (with no back and forth arguing). Thanks.
Nate Moore will not be able to contain his sadness, missing his adopted son. Mrs Moore will come out of stands followed by 5-6 young children that need #saved. Such an #empowering move will cheer up the gout-ridden coach to put on his best fish-lips face and take some selfies. John Cupps will also attend the game, while telling everyone he is the new coach of the NE Ohio State Tigercats. Great job, great job. Mentor will struggle to accomplish anything but beat the fighting Tigers by 20
Old 03-15-17, 08:26 PM
All World

Spize is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
I honestly expect Massillon to get destroyed by Mentor.

We got destroyed by a terrible Mentor team last year, and it's not likely they'll be as bad and we lost 8 college recruits from last year, including Becca Moore's "ooo ooo look at me, I'm like that chick in the movie" home ec. project.

Mentor may have to have 80 injuries in preseason for Massillon to have a chance of staying within 2 TDs.

I'm not kidding. We shouldn't be playing them. We are half their size, won't see them in the playoffs, they play a type of football we won't see in D2 (Not many in D1 play that wide open either)

If we come out of week 1 with no injuries, that's as close to a victory as we get.

Hell, if we escape weeks 1-3 with a 1-2 record, that will be impressive.

The very best we could hope for next year is 8-2 with an amazing job coaching. It's the first year I've ever looked at in March and said 1-9 is our floor. 1-9 is far more likely than 8-2.
Old 03-15-17, 10:46 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is an unknown quantity at this point
If we go 1-9 I will send you $500. If we go 8-2 you send me $50. Deal?

Whatever. But yes I would agree Mentor anywhere from 2 TD to running clock.
Old 03-16-17, 08:12 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Destroyed by Mentor (25+) and a 4-6 record. That's as good as it gets with the geriatric know-it-alls running the program now. Idiots all of them.
Old 03-16-17, 08:46 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
If we go 1-9 I will send you $500. If we go 8-2 you send me $50. Deal?

Whatever. But yes I would agree Mentor anywhere from 2 TD to running clock.
Deal. Sign me up
Old 03-16-17, 08:53 AM
All District

Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
honestly asking - a few of you have vehemently defended the tiger program for years but now seem to be jilted. What was it? was it one thing? or was it an accumulation of things with the moore child saving program pushing you over the edge? or did you actually watch THE movie and now mad you will never get the 90 minutes of your life back?
Old 03-16-17, 09:02 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
honestly asking - a few of you have vehemently defended the tiger program for years but now seem to be jilted. What was it? was it one thing? or was it an accumulation of things with the moore child saving program pushing you over the edge? or did you actually watch THE movie and now mad you will never get the 90 minutes of your life back?
More or less The Moores pushed it to a new level of BS we had to ignore "for the good of the program" to a level where I can't even ignore the old anymore either.
Old 03-16-17, 09:31 AM
All World

Exactly what El Chicone said in the previous post. Just over the edge now. I actually PM'd the goofball my2sense when the who Big Griz thing went down and said I was over the circus. Now, add the "Blind Side" Christmas picture to the mix and it was over the cliff for me. I'll still come up for McKinley weekend but I will NOT attend the game. Ever. Came up for my high school reunion last year and had free tickets to the game. Didn't come within five miles of the stadium. Those idiots are delusional.
Old 03-16-17, 09:38 AM
All District

fair enough - while I root for McK - and have bashed the tigers - that was about football and it was done in football convos, and done in good fun

but this stuff - the way dude was hired, the extra job for wifey, the blind side embarrassment - this stuff isn't football - so I get it - the boosters have always been this way over there, its just 2017 now so their antics look and sound a little differently than it did in 1967
Old 03-16-17, 09:42 AM
All World

Probably not. I'm just more cognizant of it now and less accommodating to the idiocy. Maybe I'm just too damn old and grumpy. LOL.
Old 03-16-17, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Exactly what El Chicone said in the previous post. Just over the edge now. I actually PM'd the goofball my2sense when the who Big Griz thing went down and said I was over the circus. Now, add the "Blind Side" Christmas picture to the mix and it was over the cliff for me. I'll still come up for McKinley weekend but I will NOT attend the game. Ever. Came up for my high school reunion last year and had free tickets to the game. Didn't come within five miles of the stadium. Those idiots are delusional.
That had to have been one small damn reunion. How many at your age can still be around? LOL.

I'm shocked at how some of the longterm Massillon defenders have jumped ship. There's no stronger of a sign as to how bad things have become.
Old 03-16-17, 10:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spize View Post
Deal. Sign me up
Awesome, thanks. I am sure we'll remember. Good luck, not.
Old 03-16-17, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I'm shocked at how some of the longterm Massillon defenders have jumped ship. There's no stronger of a sign as to how bad things have become.
Isn't that the way it always is? The cancers are always loyal fans.

"With all of our talent we should have gone further than 8-3." That is the kind of lunacy we deal with on an annual basis, lol.
Old 03-16-17, 11:06 AM
All American

Quote:

"With all of our talent we should have gone further than 8-3." That is the kind of lunacy we deal with on an annual basis, lol.
how many players need to sign with college programs in order to compete?
Old 03-16-17, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post
how many players need to sign with college programs in order to compete?
One, if he's Lynn Bowling. And Massillon's problem was defense where 1 kid signed. Or made the all-county team for that matter.

Define compete.
Old 03-16-17, 12:36 PM
All American

Quote:
One, if he's Lynn Bowling. And Massillon's problem was defense where 1 kid signed. Or made the all-county team for that matter.

Define compete.
beat an above decent team?

weren't Jasinski (d2), Munford (d1), Robinson (d1), Anthony (D1), King (D2), Thomas (D1) and Keirns (D1/2) all defensive players this year?
Old 03-16-17, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

But it's not Paw, it's former diehards (not blowhards) like Egret and Spize. Every program has those cancers, including the Tigers, but now it seems like even the loyalists are jumping ship.
Old 03-16-17, 01:03 PM
All Yappi

Uhhh, no.

Case and point. ^^^ On that list, 1 made all-county defense. He's going to MN. And I would take 4 BJ Paynes (D3) or Dunwiddies (D-nada) any day because they were MUCH better d-linemen at the hs level.
Old 03-16-17, 01:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Uhhh, no.

Case and point. ^^^ On that list, 1 made all-county defense. He's going to MN. And I would take 4 BJ Paynes (D3) or Dunwiddies (D-nada) any day because they were MUCH better d-linemen at the hs level.
so is it a talent issue or not? You want more D3/no college players than D1?

hmm
Old 03-16-17, 01:28 PM
All District

Washington HS signed 3 seniors to D1 schollys
and 6 to 1-AA

per fridaynightohio.com - February 1, 2017
Old 03-16-17, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

We had 8-3 talent. Give or take a game. Some very good players, several underclassmen, and some very major holes. Not rocket science folks.
Old 03-16-17, 02:39 PM
All Ohio

eastofeden is on a distinguished road
i will say this..that running back you had last year was great..gave my bulldogs fits...and he is back
Old 03-16-17, 03:54 PM
All Yappi

Yes. Watson is small, but good. Thomas will carry some, and Partridge played a lot as a sophomore too. QB however is a ginormous ? but hopefully he can run some (jmo). Have not had that in quite a while (years) except Hurst before his injury.
Old 03-16-17, 04:15 PM
All American

Quote:
We had 8-3 talent. Give or take a game. Some very good players, several underclassmen, and some very major holes. Not rocket science folks.
better find some moore D1 talents that need new homes then, didn't the state runner-up to your East only have one D1 signee?
Old 03-16-17, 04:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post
beat an above decent team?

weren't Jasinski (d2), Munford (d1), Robinson (d1), Anthony (D1), King (D2), Thomas (D1) and Keirns (D1/2) all defensive players this year?
how could I forget about D1 - Myron Welch?
Old 03-16-17, 04:31 PM
All Region

chito is on a distinguished road
On the positive side I did see that former Tiger Jesse Robinson was hired as the head coach at Oberlin HS. I know he was at GlenOak for awhile and McKinley after that, did he ever coach at Massillon?
Old 03-16-17, 06:07 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
I hear Ron Wright is looking for a job. Hudson ended up keeping the young guy.
Old 03-16-17, 06:19 PM
All World

Did I expect better than 8-3?

Yes. I didn't expect us to beat Mentor, and WGH was an unpleasant surprise. None of that really was outside of my thoughts on how things would have gone last year.

However a great number of things did happen outside of what I expected.

I expected if our coach and AD honestly believed in innocence of the OHSAA violation he would be moderately interested in defending the school and fighting to overturn the fine, suspension of himself, and probation our program was put on. Instead he only really cared about one thing, Munford.

All this while saying to every mic and reporter's pen "It's not about Thayer playing football, it's about saving his life. I don't care if he plays a down."

In the end, Nate Moore on fought for Munford's ability to play and didn't give two sh*ts about anything else... if he did, he would have actually put up a fight.

----

Is it too much to expect Massillon with 8 college kids (Yes, only 3 FBS) wouldn't get embarrassed by a team with 8 less college recruits, that rode a bus 3 hours to play at Massillon.

BTW, that team got absolutely demolished the following week.

You can downplay the talent all you want, but to somehow think Massillon had anything less than twice the talent week 11 is being intellectually dishonest.

In fact, I think besides the absolute off the field circus that poured onto the field with Moore, Munford, and Watson, that team should have contended (contended, not necessarily won) for the region.

Tell me Nate Moore fought equally as hard for Massillon as he did for Thayer's eligibility to play... tell me that with a straight face.