Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-12-17, 04:31 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Check the Rankings of the school in this state and nationally , where the kids from the school go to school what merit money they get , ACT scores , SAT scores , percentage of kids taking AP classes etc. and get back to me . Happy trolling errrr Dock
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-12-17, 04:38 PM
The Dock The Dock is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-05-10
Location: Fulton Field; Go Irish!
Posts: 813
The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Check the Rankings of the school in this state and nationally , where the kids from the school go to school what merit money they get , ACT scores , SAT scores , percentage of kids taking AP classes etc. and get back to me . Happy trolling errrr Dock
And yet plenty of kids who aren't near the top of their class still get the Valedictorian distinction.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-12-17, 07:03 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
So what is your lager point here Dick ? Not a good school ? Not really high performing ? what does that have to do with ratings scores and how well the kids are prepared to go to college ? And yet WHAT?

Explain what your post has anything to do with ? You do realize it is a highy rated achieving school how many valedictorians you designate doesn't change the high average AP exam scores the number of kids percentage wise take AP classes the average ACT scores and the caliber of schools many kids gfet into right? Waste of space .
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-13-17, 09:57 AM
The Dock The Dock is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-05-10
Location: Fulton Field; Go Irish!
Posts: 813
The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
So what is your lager point here Dick ? Not a good school ? Not really high performing ? what does that have to do with ratings scores and how well the kids are prepared to go to college ? And yet WHAT?

Explain what your post has anything to do with ? You do realize it is a highy rated achieving school how many valedictorians you designate doesn't change the high average AP exam scores the number of kids percentage wise take AP classes the average ACT scores and the caliber of schools many kids gfet into right? Waste of space .
I don't think anyone is necessarily questioning the quality of Dublin City Schools. It goes without saying they, Upper Arlington, and Olentangy are pretty solid districts. However, it seems a bit much to be constantly self-aggrandizing the schools. You constantly make a point of talking about how mighty Dublin's schools are on here and on the former JJHuddle message boards. We get it, you aren't telling us something we don't know: Dublin has good schools. They aren't the only district in Central Ohio that has good schools, but they are the only one that awards plenty of Valedictorian distinctions.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-13-17, 10:29 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
First off I mentioned the kids academic success and the programs and schools success in reference to your denouncement of it as I ABHOR this type of PLACE and program and the way they do things.

Glad to see you read EVERY one of my posts it seems , I don't look for you by the way EVEN WITH YOUR INCREDIBLE BREADTH OF WISDOM And though provoking and interesting material . I don't constantly refer to this , barely talked academics in 40 + pages on the Huddle in the 2015 Dublin Thread .

Very well aware that there are other districts right on par with Dub City schools within Central Ohio , it' s a major strength of the region in terms of having great places to live. The Public schools being very strong overall is a huge reason for that and Dublin IS NOT ALONE , never said they were Dick .

Thanks for being a very loyal reader , much appreciated , even if you abhor Dublin and the Schools sports programs and people most likely fro not doing things " THE RIGHT WAY { although by most measureables that are important it suggests the opposite actually things are being done pretty well, if the wrong way most results are pretty damn good } I am sure where you live is much much better
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-13-17, 10:39 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
By the way if your implication is it's an everyone gets an award type liberal soft palce to live and you see yourself as a tough guy only the champs should get any notice conservative Dublin is MAJORITY CONSERVATIVE.

So what was your implication about what it says about the schools this designating more valedictorians ? You never expounded on your thoughts about it and what it actually means in your very very humble opinion that is ?

I am interested in your opinion on this ? Just to clue you in in many high schools kids purposefully take EASIER classes later on to hold on to their number one ranking , happsn all the time , may be just may be this is ONE of the reasons they don't want ths race to the top by going easy dynamic ? It certainly isn't because competition is frowned upon in this community that is for sure . In fact academic rigor is more than encouraged even it means the GPA may go down by challenging yourself , again you seem to see this as a negative like you see most things about this place but then again , I am sure you klive in Shangri La a utopian society of tough guys of course
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-13-17, 11:30 AM
AHM AHM is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-03-10
Posts: 414
AHM is on a distinguished road
The Coffman coach cheated. He got caught. He was penalized. All of those comments are facts and not up for argument. I abhor cheaters. I support those schools and programs that do it the right way.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-13-17, 11:39 AM
The Dock The Dock is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-05-10
Location: Fulton Field; Go Irish!
Posts: 813
The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post

Glad to see you read EVERY one of my posts it seems , I don't look for you by the way EVEN WITH YOUR INCREDIBLE BREADTH OF WISDOM And though provoking and interesting material . I don't constantly refer to this , barely talked academics in 40 + pages on the Huddle in the 2015 Dublin Thread .


Not too hard to figure out the commonality between the guy on JJHuddle that talks about Coffman and writes in alternating ALL CAPS patterns with trailing punctuation and you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post

I am interested in your opinion on this ? Just to clue you in in many high schools kids purposefully take EASIER classes later on to hold on to their number one ranking , happsn all the time , may be just may be this is ONE of the reasons they don't want ths race to the top by going easy dynamic ? It certainly isn't because competition is frowned upon in this community that is for sure .
There is no way a kid can hold onto a number one individual class ranking if all they take are easy classes as long as another student with the same grades takes the advanced/honors/AP classes, assuming the harder classes are weighted.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-13-17, 11:39 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Ladies and Gentleman " THE GOLD DUNCE TWINS" AHUMMM AND THE 'DICK "

Appearing at any thread I post on because they are so very loyal followers .
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-13-17, 11:46 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
So again your point about what it says about Dublin Dick ? Tell me what this very inconsequential non issue says ? I think there are degrees of this not as simple as taking all tough or all easy classes Dick I think you even can see nuance.

Anyway I have zero opinion or care whether a district has one two five or 100 valedictorians , it means very little if anything in terms of where a kid goes to college or his overall qualifications to sed colleges and his performance in AP classes the ACT , or his college essay or interview, so again what is your overall point and your criticism really about here ?

Do you really think it means anything ? You seem to be an expert here so tell us , enlighten us on just how damaging unfair or evil it is to have many designated as valedictorians ? To me I could care less if any school district had 1 zero or 20, don't have an opinion on how Dublin does it because I think it is a non issue . Tell me why you think it means anything of consequence if you can .

never said I wasn't posting Coffman threads at HUDDLE , same guy , your point is what? Thanks for reading all my posts there, again love the loyalty
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-13-17, 12:06 PM
The Dock The Dock is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-05-10
Location: Fulton Field; Go Irish!
Posts: 813
The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally, my issue with the way Dublin City Schools awards the Valedictorian distinction is they set it at a low threshold: a GPA of 4.1. Get a 4.10 or higher and you are Valedictorian. While a 4.1 is a great GPA by all means, I am more of a traditionalist in that the V distinction should go to the highest GPA (am sympathetic to cases however where its a tie at the hundreth's place in the number, e.g. 4.27 and 4.27 are the two highest.)

It's obvious however this 4.1 threshold can have the consequence of undermining the Valedictorian distinction: 2014-2015 school year saw 1/5 of Dublin City Schools seniors graduate with the Valedictorian distinction (Washington Post.) Rhetorically, how can 1/5 of a class be Valedictorian?

Valedictorian or two Valedictorian (in case of tie) distinction used to be a great way for deserving students to get a good chunk of scholarship money from local foundations and organizations. We can debate until the cows come home whether or not every kid with the Valedictorian distinction is "deserving" of it, but how would you feel if your kid had the highest GPA in his class and his chance of getting good scholarship money on the basis of being Valedictorian is hindered by the fact a bunch of other kids in his class also are calling themselves the Valedictorian?


I'd have less of a problem if they awarded Co-Salutatorian honors for 4.1, but it looks ridiculous for 1/5 of a class to all be Valedictorian. (And for what its worth, since you mentioned it earlier, I do not subscribe to the rhetoric of "us being in the 'age of everyone gets a trophy.'" I only think about the practical consequences that can arise when 200+ kids all claim to be Valedictorian, e.g. scholarship opportunities; college application credentials.)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-13-17, 12:23 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't say that I am a fan of it , would be fine with one or even NONE to be 100 percent honest .

Hardly the only district doing this , and colleges have had over a decade to adjust to some schools doing away with the classic class rank and or appointing or naming multiple valedictorians . Why are you concerned with what anyone " CALLS THEMSELVES"? or the colleges having to do a little homework?

They see the classes you take how you challenge yourself , your AP classes , your AP exam scores, your EXTRACIRRICULARS , character , your ACT and SAT scores , your essay etc, they have more than enough data to judge the qualifications of prospective students .

Not liking the way Dublin does it affects you and others how? Unfair advantage for Dublin kids? Really ? Gets then into schoos they don't deserve to get into does it?

Come on man , it's OK to simply not like a City school or anyone else for that matter but you claiming it's hindering kids is a reach , scholly money or merit aid and grants is given to top students based on many things mostly academic of course and , being a valedictorian is a SMALL distinction in that process seeing as it is so relative to where you attended high school and the number who achieve the distinction is tiny isn't it ?

Kids are feeling more pressure and are as competitive as ever at high performing high schools , not having a small handful furiously chasing that number one ranking eschewing any electives they may want t take so as to not hurt them being number one isn't lessening that at al IMO.

If you really think top students are being hurt by not being able to say they are number one , I totally disagree .
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-23-17, 10:12 AM
Scrumper Scrumper is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-16-16
Posts: 50
Scrumper is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have an idea of who is going to fill the week3 opening. I have heard that local teams may not want to play. We are in need of a home game. What about Lancaster? Maybe a last resort is Canada if no one is found. Does anyone know if there is a deadline besides game time?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-27-17, 05:45 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Week three is becoming curious . Trotwood Madison is a great D-3 program who plays Wayne at the end of the year and does a great job year in and year out and would be a losable game but one that is open and Trotty would travel this year they already have 5 home games . Won't happen most likely but they are available.

A team from Canada was on the schedule in 2009 , nice experience for all involved from what I was told ,was out of town that weekend and didn't see the game but heard that team was a bit older { Canada high school goes to 13th grade } and fairly good sized with a few real athletes, score was 55-13 but Coffman had a real good team that season 10-0 , had a few key injuries including the QB and lost a regional final to Davidson who won the title that season .

Hope they can find a better alternative , may be Indiana KY or Pa if not Ohio .
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-27-17, 09:08 PM
WarriorOne WarriorOne is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Location: SouthWest, OH
Posts: 2,486
WarriorOne is on a distinguished road
Wayne is still open in Week Three
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-28-17, 06:19 AM
AHM AHM is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-03-10
Posts: 414
AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOne View Post
Wayne is still open in Week Three
Coffman wants no part of Wayne. They'd rather take a bye.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-28-17, 06:41 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Seeing as they always draw them early n the playoffs many years now no need to paly them until they have to , see Coffman is a terrible program that is scared of everyone as AHM so smartly surmises.

You see AHUMMM is a Yappi trolly treasure, so informative and smart, I really need more of this guy coming on the Coffman thread seeing he knows nothing about the community and probably lives under san east side rock.


Many teams with competitive schedules would want to delay playing Wayne , but of course the trolly lightweight imbecile thinks he is making some kind of succinct sharp comment .

Trolly Ahumm, a god send to not only this forum but to humanity . Thanks for stopping by Coffman trolly , you sure are sharp as a "marble that is.

Stick to the Hartley thread and pontificnate about whether you can take down Plain City High or Indian river lake or Tecumseh regional
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-28-17, 08:03 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking of the schedule it shapes up to be a potentially rigorous one that sees some solid non conference programs with revenge motives and some have some good numbers and talent back

1} Perrysburg - Replaces Springfield which was a two year commit, Rocks thrashed them the first meeting and lost a nailbiter last year in a two day trip due to lightening . Perrysburg missed the play-offs last year after a nice 4 year recent run including two undefeated regular seasons. 2012 and 2013 were 8-2 seasons with play-off appearances including one win in 2013 before losing to Avon Lake 24-21.

2014 was an undefeated season that included a 56-7 beatdown of Massillon and a tough 56-52 loss to a very talented Nordonia team in round two.

2015 was another undefeated team who won 3 play-off games before predictably getting beat up a bit by mighty D-2 power LaSalle 49-29. Missed the play-offs last year with a 6-4 mark . Overall a very successful program lately that took a dip last year may be someone can let us know what they have coming back and what the expectations are for next year? Game is up there near the Michigan border so a more lengthy trip.

2} Scioto - have really thumped them the last 2 years especially but the aggregate three year margin is 44-5 . Scioto did win at Coffman in 2013 led by the great Nick Conner and Darius McDonald also made some big plays. So the Irish can point to that. Except that Coffman team was really inexperienced and this one isn't . Also the revenge factor is lessened by the fact that Coffman will be motivated by the whole a lot oabout not much of anything " recruiting" throwing lessons flap that Scioto went after Coffman about with a kid who was never going ton Scioto anyway. Rocks coaches won't let the kids look past this one one , and it appears the Rocks should be better this year anyway.

Irish helped make this bed and they may have to lie down again next to a fired up Rocks squad who was embarrassed not on the field by the Irish football team certainly but rather by some of the adults who whined about a whole lot of nada.

3} Open - Wayne makes no sense , not only because they are at the top of the food chaion but they usually play them in the play-offs , why play them in week three? Probable loss as Wayne has perfect demo's community support and is rolling and Blue Smith is still playing high school football kind of a professional high school player at this point. He didn't get a lot of separation last year against Coffman but made some catches that were surreal . Like the Davidson 21 point win margin the week before being turnover aided the Rocks who were going to get beat the margin was partly self inflicted wounds like Davidson suffered the week before.

4} Olentangy - Braves got fairly humiliated at Coffman stadium last year, nolo contendere . Blown coverages , missed tackles, missed blocks , physically beaten out executed, out hit , out played in every way 35-0 loss. One of the bigger cheap shots I have seen in many years occurred in this one with Gavin Sturdivant remaining on the field knocked out for almost a half hour. Kid who punked him is back this year as is Gavin . Braves HAVE A TON OF GUYS BACK , including really talented kids . They are well coached and will be supremely motivated here. They will be at home and this one will be a war.

5} Gahanna - Lions played Coffman well for a majority of the game last year on a hot night in Gahanna last year. Lowery was a real handful and is back for two more years.

Columbus Academy transfer Bruckner is a stud a new toy for Lowery to play with , Rocks will have their hands full here especially on defense , but tier offense may be the key as Gahanna lost some key defensive personnel. Athletes abound over there, Ward seems to be getting some more of them out for the squad, Rocks will be tested at home no question.

6} M-Ville - coach stepped down, program kind of stuck in neutral , game on turf favors Rocks , they should roll here.

7} Central Crossing - another program that has a new HC . Program going backwards after a nice run . game at CC Rocks should win here.

8} Davidson - Rocks Senior group has had it's way with the Davidson SR'S over the years. Game one last year Davidson outplayed them, Rocks had bad game plan on both sides of the ball , never threw it deep or sued Stoneburner at all , had poor gap integrity at crucial times, gave up a ridiculous fake punt deep in Davidson territory that kind of sealed the game. Davidson moved the ball down the field from near mid field with two longer runs as Rocks missed tackles going for the strip. One team played below their potential the other a bit over it's head . Second game the better team won fairly easily, defense made proper adjustments and offense simply did what it should have in game one. Davidson without the revenge mode emotionally and turning it over twice in it's own territory was doomed, while Rocks clearly better in game two margin as I mentioned before was padded by TO'S . I expect the Rocks to win but we know on paper doesn't hold always tell the story in this series.

9} Westland - another team that loses it's coach, not much to say here quite frankly, avoid injuries is al I could say

10} UA - This series is always close , doesn't matter much who has better personnel or the records , somehow the games are close. The personnel is usually comparable though
Similar styles right now, games are somewhat more high scoring, I see no reason to think this game won't also be interesting and competitive . Hopefully Rocks will be playing for seeding and not to just make the play-offs or " Gulp" be out of the playoffs for the first time since 2008 when they lost a one point game in week 10 to the Bears to miss out. .

Last two times Rocks had to win in week 10 { 2013 and 2015} to make it they did. Like the teams chances to win the league , but I also thought that last year , Davidson spoiled that thought , although I thought the Rocks proved they were probably the better team in the play-off game. Davidson seems to really have UA'S number , Coffman has won 4 in a row in the series but the games have been close.

Last edited by Harrycrane; 02-28-17 at 08:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-28-17, 09:28 AM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 1,449
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
3} Open - Wayne makes no sense , not only because they are at the top of the food chaion but they usually play them in the play-offs , why play them in week three?
Maybe because the rest of the schedule isn't prepping you adequately for the playoffs. Maybe losing to them week 3 will teach you how to beat them week 12 or 13. You open with two D-2 teams and drew complete crap weeks 6, 7, and 9. What can you do? Conference is conference. OOC though is up to you. Man up. If nothing else, you might gain some respect from the rest of the state. There's only two 10-0 D1 OCC teams that worry the rest of the field in week 11, and you're not either of them. Nobody says, yeah but they beat Davidson. They say, man, Davidson must be down.

Or maybe it was just a rhetorical question.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-28-17, 10:00 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Or may be just may be Wayne demo's recent stud transfer numbers , it's relatively weak academics and more attention to being great in football , did I say Superior Demo's to a school like Coffman or say UA , MAKES THEM JSUT A BETTER FOOTBAL TEAM with more big fast guys ?

Not saying that in " SOME odd years { 2014 for instance } you can't play right with them , or another program of that caliber, but to say playing a team in week three is the recipe for competing better in week 11 or 12 is questionable to me . Their scheduling has bene pretty solid over the years, this respect you speak of means what exactly ?

You play Wayne in week three and get beat gets you respect? And what does that get you exactly ? The respect that is? Anything tangible? I mean they have scheduled play-off teams, Fairfield and Springfield made the play-offs , Scioto made the paly-offs and won a game , Olentangy made the play-offs , Gahanna kind of choked their way out of a play-off berth.

Speaking of respect Just Because you don't respect the program does not mean no one else does and scheduling Wayne is some kind of move that needs to be made to gain " Respect" is not valid here.

Their schedule isn't weak and looked down on , Liberty does deserve props for scheduling them , that program is rising in numbers and strength , good for them I respected them before they scheduled Wayne .

May be gaining some respect ? Yes you are right , a very mediocre make the paly-offs every 5 years type of program that is not worth mentioning, so why is it you can't resist coming on this thread ?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-28-17, 10:12 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Davidson down last year ? Hmmm lets see , they won the league beat the crap out UA who beat Pick Central , not a vintage HD team by any means but " DOWN" no a solid team and a program that is running out of steam just a bit , a slow ebbing of excellence , relatively speaking of course as they have been the most successful the last 15 years no question.

I agree beating Davidson last year was no great shakes to be honest, and losing to them was somewhat embarrassing , certainly an incredibly poor game plan in game one that was as bad as I have seen in watching this program , BUT HD did improve and beat a good UA team rather easily so they proved to be not too bad , and that UA team gained a ton of yards against the big bad great PC team THAT IS FEARED and actually somehow beat them a team that beat Wayne.

No I don't believe in comparative score analysis to make a great point , but you are the one that brought it up. Again why the interest in commenting on what you perceive as a below average not worth discussing program that no one respects ?

You see I actually respect the Hartley program and it's talent and say so often , you are the one that downplays the personnel , . I remember you saying that Hartley doing well in the 7 on 7 at Coffman even beating them in a game probably to discredit Coffman which is silly because anyone knows that Coffman is good at 7 on 7 , but what you really did was blow your own poor mouth we don't have any talent argument and only win because of coaching and being great people argument it shows that despite being a run mostly team YOU HAVE ATHELTES THAT HELP YOU IN 7 ON 7 REAL GOOD ATHLETES .

Of course you sometimes forget the point you atr trying to make when you are constantly trying to belittle Coffman
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-28-17, 10:27 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Before , banging on Coffman's schedule take a look at what Davidson a team you respect which means little to anyone including them I am sure , has done with their first three weeks the last half dozen years ? Grovetucky every year ? Darby a team that they know as well as they do themselves ? look it up , it's not as good as Coffman's first three weeks schedule over the same time period .

Yes talking Schedule in this way opens this up to the trolls who say only negative things about the program and think everyone think s they way they do to mentioning Wayne of course , comments you can see from miles away even to the greener pastures of the great East Side , doesn't make them astute smart comments, just predictable biased trolly ones .

What it is besides may be financial envy that has you trolling Coffman is beyond me . The only reason I bring that up isn't because YOU bring up the topic of money at times when discussing any Coffman topic. Yes I know demo's in football mean more than just the racial make-up of schools { Coffman's 18 percent Asian Indian Population isn't a positive for instance when it comes to football , ACT scores YES football ? NO } is money and resources , no problem discussing demo dynamics , money being one of them. Coffman does have some financial advantages that some don't have , no question . You seem to bring that money thing up from time to time .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 02-28-17 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-28-17, 01:22 PM
AHM AHM is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-03-10
Posts: 414
AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Or may be just may be Wayne demo's recent stud transfer numbers , it's relatively weak academics and more attention to being great in football , did I say Superior Demo's to a school like Coffman or say UA , MAKES THEM JSUT A BETTER FOOTBAL TEAM with more big fast guys ?

Not saying that in " SOME odd years { 2014 for instance } you can't play right with them , or another program of that caliber, but to say playing a team in week three is the recipe for competing better in week 11 or 12 is questionable to me . Their scheduling has bene pretty solid over the years, this respect you speak of means what exactly ?

You play Wayne in week three and get beat gets you respect? And what does that get you exactly ? The respect that is? Anything tangible? I mean they have scheduled play-off teams, Fairfield and Springfield made the play-offs , Scioto made the paly-offs and won a game , Olentangy made the play-offs , Gahanna kind of choked their way out of a play-off berth.

Speaking of respect Just Because you don't respect the program does not mean no one else does and scheduling Wayne is some kind of move that needs to be made to gain " Respect" is not valid here.

Their schedule isn't weak and looked down on , Liberty does deserve props for scheduling them , that program is rising in numbers and strength , good for them I respected them before they scheduled Wayne .

May be gaining some respect ? Yes you are right , a very mediocre make the paly-offs every 5 years type of program that is not worth mentioning, so why is it you can't resist coming on this thread ?
Pickerington Central had no problem playing them. If you want to be the best, play the best. If you dont care about being the best, just play a Canadian team or Central Crossing or whatever. Just dont act like you want to really compete to be the best. Which is fine.

Im not any more a Hartley fan than I am a Davidson fan. Im a fan of the teams that do it right.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-28-17, 01:25 PM
AHM AHM is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-03-10
Posts: 414
AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Davidson down last year ? Hmmm lets see , they won the league beat the crap out UA who beat Pick Central , not a vintage HD team by any means but " DOWN" no a solid team and a program that is running out of steam just a bit , a slow ebbing of excellence , relatively speaking of course as they have been the most successful the last 15 years no question.

I agree beating Davidson last year was no great shakes to be honest, and losing to them was somewhat embarrassing , certainly an incredibly poor game plan in game one that was as bad as I have seen in watching this program , BUT HD did improve and beat a good UA team rather easily so they proved to be not too bad , and that UA team gained a ton of yards against the big bad great PC team THAT IS FEARED and actually somehow beat them a team that beat Wayne.

No I don't believe in comparative score analysis to make a great point , but you are the one that brought it up. Again why the interest in commenting on what you perceive as a below average not worth discussing program that no one respects ?

You see I actually respect the Hartley program and it's talent and say so often , you are the one that downplays the personnel , . I remember you saying that Hartley doing well in the 7 on 7 at Coffman even beating them in a game probably to discredit Coffman which is silly because anyone knows that Coffman is good at 7 on 7 , but what you really did was blow your own poor mouth we don't have any talent argument and only win because of coaching and being great people argument it shows that despite being a run mostly team YOU HAVE ATHELTES THAT HELP YOU IN 7 ON 7 REAL GOOD ATHLETES .

Of course you sometimes forget the point you atr trying to make when you are constantly trying to belittle Coffman
Why are arguments between Hartley and Coffman? I dont get it? Are they connected in any way? Will they play-I know Hartley is playing OCC teams? I guess I am lost to why they are connected?

I dont understand the point about the "ATHELTES" to help in a 7 on 7? Did I miss something? Doesnt Hartley really win on the field, as well?

Not trying to start a fight. Just asking why this peculiar interest in Hartley and Coffman.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-28-17, 02:43 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Look AHUMM the context of that argument or discussion is lost on you it wasn't about Hartley and Coffman, just his need to knock Coffman by saying Hartley did well in the Coffman 7 on 7 even though they were a RUN FIRST team ,So follow me closely here , his arguments are always that Hartley has average personnel but over achieves , so his attempt to belittle Coffman as a 7 on 7 team that summer which isn't all that important by the way as most know , made my argument that they had very good athletes .

That's it, there is no comparing the two as competitors so you don't know the context this goes back two years . Davidson schedule is not arduous , Coffman does a lot of things right in many areas , you don't agree we don't give a crap . I'll take Coffman kids future successes compared with Davidson's kids every day and twice on Sunday's which isn't to belittle Davidson kids they are great kids who work hard and it is a good school , your opinion of doing it right is irrelevant , never said or implied Hartley doesn't win , we al know their record and average margin in Regional play as I have posted about .
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-28-17, 04:14 PM
AHM AHM is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-03-10
Posts: 414
AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Look AHUMM the context of that argument or discussion is lost on you it wasn't about Hartley and Coffman, just his need to knock Coffman by saying Hartley did well in the Coffman 7 on 7 even though they were a RUN FIRST team ,So follow me closely here , his arguments are always that Hartley has average personnel but over achieves , so his attempt to belittle Coffman as a 7 on 7 team that summer which isn't all that important by the way as most know , made my argument that they had very good athletes .

That's it, there is no comparing the two as competitors so you don't know the context this goes back two years . Davidson schedule is not arduous , Coffman does a lot of things right in many areas , you don't agree we don't give a crap . I'll take Coffman kids future successes compared with Davidson's kids every day and twice on Sunday's which isn't to belittle Davidson kids they are great kids who work hard and it is a good school , your opinion of doing it right is irrelevant , never said or implied Hartley doesn't win , we al know their record and average margin in Regional play as I have posted about .
Thanks for clarifying. I still dont follow the "Ahuuuuummmm" reference. Sounds like some inside joke that is probably really funny? AHM are my initials, no secret agenda.

My comment was if Coffman wanted to really be a real player in the state, play good people. You ran down their schedule. I dont think its real good or real tough? you compare yourself to Davidson. Davidson has won state titles. They have done it on the field. What do they need to prove. You have a great school at coffman. On the Valedictorian Forum I bet you will dominate. but this is high School football forum and you guys just are never as good as you should be. Sorry. Lots of talents. Lots of hype on signing day. But dont worry, the kids will be ready for basketball season. every year. Thats just the kind of program you have. Be proud. You beat Davidson at the valedictorian forum.

I dont follow the Hartley over achieves/under achieves comment or argument. Havent they won several state championships lately? Including the last two? Is there another level to achieve? Call it over achieve or underachieve, but thats the best you can do. Win the state championship. You cant be universal champions. Just state champions. I just dont understand the Hartley vs. Coffman argument. Hartley has a better program, no matter the division. No one would argue that. Again, im no more or less a hartley fan than anyone else. But I respect those teams that win and do it right. win on the field, dont cheat, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-28-17, 04:31 PM
BigPoppa007 BigPoppa007 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-02-15
Posts: 1
BigPoppa007 is on a distinguished road
Three comments:

1) the only weeks that Coffman has influence over from a scheduling persepctive are weeks 1-3. Everythign else dictated by the OCC

2) This year is the hardest it has ever been to find opponents for weeks1-3. By far the most difficult. If I listed for you the programs who had an opening in week 3, but said 'no' to a home and home with Coffman, you would be shocked. It's amazing how few schools wish to play

3) HD had a very good player on their team last year who by the letter of the law - which is what got Crabtree suspended - was illegal in his transfer to HD and therefore should have been punished/suspended as well. I know for a fact the kid was attending workouts, in communication with BW loooong before he ever attended a day of school at HD, or left his previous school.

I by no means am suggesting HD is not a powerhouse program, and yes, they have multiple pieces of hardware to prove it, which Coffman does not. No argument here, and I strongly admire their program and its success. Love watching them play

However, i think every school, and its followers, should be careful claiming 'holier than though' when it comes to accepting transfers, move-ins, etc... lots of dirty laundry out there.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-28-17, 05:40 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I mentioned Gahanna and Olentangy only because they are talented teams and good programs at this time so scheduling a powerhouse in week three is may be not the best choice especially since they are in the same region and seem to play them every other year in the play-offs.

OCC teams in 6 team conferences do NOT have the power to schedule their own week 4 and 5 OCC crossover opponents.

Next year those two week 4 and 5 teams change . I don't know wo the kid in question is at HD so I haven't commented on it , but I do know I found it strange that their program was missing a few kids and numbers on their web site and or kids had different numbers than listed , had never seen that before, .

I have no problem with a kid moving in and or transferring to be honest , IT HAPPENS , WOUDL Gahanna BE THE SAME TEAM without Lowery at QB and now Bruckener to throw to next year? NO , Should I assume there was not a peep said between Lowery's father who used to play at Wisconsin and coach Ward before young Mike step foot on the Gahanna campus ? Of course not he just showed up unannounced LOL .

Didn't see any great Davidson players save Royer and Backenstoe may be and I know they were Hilliard kids for a long while , but I have an idea on who Big papi might be talking about but again , I thin it to be not a big deal just like the Crabtree thing was a whole lot about nothing and he wasn't even remotely " RECRUITING THIS KID" and I am sure Davidso didn't do anything to actively recruit the kid BEOFRE the kid expressed interest.


In Coffman's case , the kid was a long shot to move across the river and wasn't going to Scioto because he will never play QB there as there are better kids there as there is at Coffman as well , so he is at DeSales, and he is by al accounts a very good kid and I wish him well AT AN EXCELLENT DESALES PROGRAM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-28-17, 05:46 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 957
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I agree MANY schools and their posters out here act as if not only the program they support is holier than thou but others that they don't , and the reason they do this is sometimes to disparage other programs , I think we have seen that recently .

Scioto 's reaction was curious I must say seeing as Coffman simply hasn't kids that attended Davis and then showed up at Coffman somehow the next year, IT HASN'T HAPPENED there has been more Coffman residents open enroll and or moving to the other two schools in the last 5 years than anything else or vice versa . So this narrative that Scioto was frustrated at this type of thing was BOGUS it wasn't and hasn't been happening . Yes I realize getting their azzes kicked the last three years has stung a bit .
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-28-17, 08:14 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 1,449
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Or may be just may be Wayne demo's recent stud transfer numbers , it's relatively weak academics and more attention to being great in football , did I say Superior Demo's to a school like Coffman or say UA , MAKES THEM JSUT A BETTER FOOTBAL TEAM with more big fast guys ?
A fan of a school caught at cheating should not imply that other schools are cheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
this respect you speak of means what exactly ?
NEO and SWO. They win all the championships. They see your schedule and this obvious hole this year that any of them would be happy to fill with Wayne. Your guys won't. They'd rather be 10-0. They're like the Licking County League teams that run from good opponents and then get obliterated by Steubenville or whoever. What message is your AD sending to the kids? I don't think you're good enough to compete with them so we're going to duck unless and until we can't. It's no wonder they underachieve. They're primed for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
And what does that get you exactly ? The respect that is? Anything tangible?
Sun Tzu has a lot to say on this, and it's 100% directly translatable to football. Your weakness is your opponents' strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Fairfield and Springfield made the play-offs , Scioto made the paly-offs and won a game
No one in the state who follows D-1 football would compare any of those programs to Wayne. They'd be more likely to compare them to Coffman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
scheduling Wayne
says we're not afraid of anybody. At the high school level, much of the game is psychology and emotions. If your kids believe your rhetoric about demos and big fast guys at Wayne, they'll always lose. Always. Everyone in the state sees you running away scared from this matchup, and they assume that you know your own program pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Liberty does deserve props for scheduling them
They're a wrestling school. No fear. Yes. Kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
so why is it you can't resist coming on this thread ?
You needed someone to point out the obvious fact that your program is cowardly, soft, and afraid of good teams. You asked a why question. I answered it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Huber Heights Wayne 52 Dublin Coffman 10 vamp2syd Football 31 11-13-16 05:25 PM
EagleFan's Projections 09/21/2015 EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 09-21-15 09:03 PM
2014-2015 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 30 12-14-14 08:54 PM
Huber Heights Wayne 44 Dublin Coffman 35 vamp2syd Football 33 11-19-14 07:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz