Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-17-16, 07:48 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
LOL ^^^ Who's asking for credit? Just stating we're not complaining when accused. Hubbard's gotten their share of transfers recently. I think you guys still have us beat by a few for institution of the valley.. who knows. As far as underperforming is concerned, we'll certainly see what future holds. Maybe hubbard figures it out, maybe they don't. I for one have begged for a stronger schedule. I've emailed our AD out of spite a few times lol. But at the end of the day it's not up to me. To be fair I don't think fecko is much better than Hoffman. Equals?
Fecko has 4 state titles and a runner up or two. Huge difference. But maybe mooney just had overwhelming talent those years.
Old 12-17-16, 08:44 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Like spread said I wouldn't put the carriage before the horses. Anything can happen. Until Struthers gets knocked off they should be the favorite next season.
^ Agree. Cat fans should be excited about next season.
Old 12-18-16, 01:58 AM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Fecko has 4 state titles and a runner up or two. Huge difference. But maybe mooney just had overwhelming talent those years.
Bingo! Having one of the better staffs in the valley didn't hurt either. Imo fecko has never impressed. Look at this season for example. Mooney probably should have rolled the region... but. Fecko.
Old 12-19-16, 06:53 PM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bingo! Having one of the better staffs in the valley didn't hurt either. Imo fecko has never impressed. Look at this season for example. Mooney probably should have rolled the region... but. Fecko.
Fecko would fail miserably as a "public high school" football coach.
Old 12-20-16, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
Fecko would fail miserably as a "public high school" football coach.
We agree!

(falls dead)
Old 12-21-16, 08:36 AM
All Region

mother_goose is on a distinguished road
No WE don't.
Old 12-21-16, 11:27 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_goose View Post
No WE don't.
.....then you're in a "distinct minority in the Mahoning Valley".

I'm willing to guess there are a lot more of the Mooney faithful that don't agree with you as well. I never post on a Mooney thread, but I do read them regularly. There is a certain amount of discontent with your coach whether you want to believe it or not. He might not be as great as you think he is.
Old 12-21-16, 11:46 AM
All Region

If it's just about talent as many of you claim - then why hasn't Hubbard won? You've had more talent than anyone in the last five years - so what is it?
At Cardinal Mooney, we expect our coach to do more than just win games. Even if that is your only criteria, Fecko has done a really good job.
I'll go out on a limb and say that more of the Mooney faithful who've ACTUALLY PLAYED for either Fecko or Bucci support our coaching staff. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but when Fecko and Mooney get brought into the conversation, I'll comment.
Old 12-21-16, 11:59 AM
All World

I think Fecko has done a great job. He has 4 state titles... lay off. It takes a lot t win state. and some years mooney has a lot. Some years they don't.

Fecko has that job for life if he wants it.
Old 12-21-16, 12:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
If it's just about talent as many of you claim - then why hasn't Hubbard won? You've had more talent than anyone in the last five years - so what is it?
At Cardinal Mooney, we expect our coach to do more than just win games. Even if that is your only criteria, Fecko has done a really good job.
I'll go out on a limb and say that more of the Mooney faithful who've ACTUALLY PLAYED for either Fecko or Bucci support our coaching staff. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but when Fecko and Mooney get brought into the conversation, I'll comment.
Your last sentence was a backhanded slap at one of Mooney's biggest supporters, and I'm not getting involved in that. I've bantered with him and I think he's a fair minded person. He's not one who thinks that everything that Mooney does is right like you happen to think (maybe it's just strict loyalty on your part with blinders on).

Your welcome to comment all you want on a Hubbard thread, there's no restrictions or rules over here. What else is there to talk about in the middle of winter. Come on Hubbard's threads as often as you want and state your case, we have no problem with that.

But....I have no respect for your coach and I stand by my statement that he would be a total failure coaching at say Hubbard, Struthers, Poland or any other public D3 or D4 school. It's my opinion and the opinion by many others as well.
Old 12-21-16, 12:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Your last sentence was a backhanded slap at one of Mooney's biggest supporters, and I'm not getting involved in that. I've bantered with him and I think he's a fair minded person. He's not one who thinks that everything that Mooney does is right like you happen to think (maybe it's just strict loyalty on your part with blinders on).

Your welcome to comment all you want on a Hubbard thread, there's no restrictions or rules over here. What else is there to talk about in the middle of winter. Come on Hubbard's threads as often as you want and state your case, we have no problem with that.

But....I have no respect for your coach and I stand by my statement that he would be a total failure coaching at say Hubbard, Struthers, Poland or any other public D3 or D4 school. It's my opinion and the opinion by many others as well.
I did not take a back handed slap at anyone. He and I are friends and get along well. I responded to his post - so my opinion is out in the open. YOU said I was in the minority and claim that you know the opinions of the Mahoning valley. I beg to differ. I am pretty sure Fecko will get along just fine without your respect and he, Bucci and the Mooney program will survive without your backing.
Old 12-21-16, 12:34 PM
All World

But can we say that for sure? We can't.

Would he be successful without poaching every team in the valley? Probably not but we'll never know.
Old 12-21-16, 08:54 PM
All Ohio

SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
How did Fecko get the Mooney job to begin with?
Old 12-21-16, 10:01 PM
All American

Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
He said "Don, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter's wedding on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my ever ending loyalty".

I don't know how much of that is true.
Old 12-21-16, 10:24 PM
All American

Quote:

Last paragraph: can you expand on this for those of us who have been out of the loop for awhile? Interesting. Maybe, I have read the reasons why and they are just not registering with my aging mind.
Old 12-21-16, 11:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardens35 View Post
He said "Don, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter's wedding on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my ever ending loyalty".

Your a funny guy!
Old 12-22-16, 08:25 AM
All Ohio

smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOARING-EAGLE View Post
Your a funny guy!
Funny how? Funny like a clown?
Old 12-22-16, 11:08 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
Last paragraph: can you expand on this for those of us who have been out of the loop for awhile? Interesting. Maybe, I have read the reasons why and they are just not registering with my aging mind.
It's not his coaching, it's the strong talent level he has from year to year to work with. If he's that great of a coach as "goose thinks he is", then he should be able to take "Hubbard, Struthers, Poland or any other D3 or D4 public school" and compete the same way that Mooney does with Mooney's schedule.

If he can't do it with the D3 or D4 publics playing Mooney's schedule and get the same results, why not?

Come on. we all know the answer to that question before it was ever asked.....don't we? Without the smoke and mirrors, he really isn't that good of a coach.
Old 12-22-16, 11:11 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardens35 View Post

Don't forget the part where he kisses his ring...lol!
Old 12-22-16, 11:20 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
But can we say that for sure? We can't.

Would he be successful without poaching every team in the valley? Probably not but we'll never know.
poaching has now become the "word of the day" thanks to Spread.

I like it, and I thank you.
Old 12-22-16, 02:48 PM
All District

MooneyFanatic is on a distinguished road
Hmm, I don't remember Don having a daughter. Several sons, sure.
Old 12-22-16, 03:40 PM
All World

I thought it was appropriate
Old 12-22-16, 07:55 PM
All American

Quote:
It's not his coaching, it's the strong talent level he has from year to year to work with. If he's that great of a coach as "goose thinks he is", then he should be able to take "Hubbard, Struthers, Poland or any other D3 or D4 public school" and compete the same way that Mooney does with Mooney's schedule.

If he can't do it with the D3 or D4 publics playing Mooney's schedule and get the same results, why not?

Come on. we all know the answer to that question before it was ever asked.....don't we? Without the smoke and mirrors, he really isn't that good of a coach.
Thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of what Spread said. Unless I am mis-understanding, you were being a more subtle about it. I guess for some, the end justifies the means.
Old 12-22-16, 10:27 PM
All Ohio

It sounds like to me that Mooney should have moved out of ghetto side of Youngstown to compensate for their mediocre coaching staff!!!Which explains why Hubbard has been getting a lot of decent transfers.....Who the hell wants to send their kids to school in a bad area of town!!!!
Old 12-22-16, 11:36 PM
All World

If mooney moved to where we thought they would, they wouldn't lose a game for years.
Old 12-23-16, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well played MG
Old 12-23-16, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
If mooney moved to where we thought they would, they wouldn't lose a game for years.
You mean down to D5 or the school move?
Old 12-23-16, 11:43 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
You mean down to D5 or the school move?
Come on, is his quote that hard to figure out!!! Out of the ghetto............
Old 12-23-16, 12:04 PM
All World

Yes. Out of the slums. It's rough.

Here's to hoping they stay!!
Old 12-23-16, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOARING-EAGLE View Post
Come on, is his quote that hard to figure out!!! Out of the ghetto............
I'm not stupid.

The move has been a dead issue for quite a while now.

That's why I was looking for clarification.

Thanks for playing.