Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-20-17, 03:29 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan119 View Post
Yes that is true. But you have 1 back that's smaller slower getting offer after offer while the other 2 have nobody interested. Ryan deserves what he's got but if he was a white RB he would be looking at bluffton or Heidelberg, he's not the all around player bellbrooks Fryman was and not sure where if anywhere he went.
Uh, you might want to give the FRanklin coaching staff a little credit.
Old 04-20-17, 05:31 PM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Montgomery was the best safety I saw all last season.He will play D in college.Its all about speed. 4.8 kids don't run the ball at big time schools.
I don't know wallens 40 but I know he was a top 5 sprinter in track. I saw john McAllister timed genslinger in a 4.5 at his combine so I'd say that's about where bailey is too. I seen Ryan run last year and he might be a 4.8 guy run about 11.8-12 100. Bailey is the top player in the sw then I'd give Ryan a slight edge over genslinger. But another low 100 guy and one of the top SWBL backs all time was Reed from Carlisle and only Air Force FBS offered him. I'm not saying Ryan can't do it he can but I've seen much better RB in the league. You may be right about him at safety. And yes franklin staff did a great job using him.

Last edited by Spartan119; 04-20-17 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-20-17, 05:32 PM
All Region

Franklin Valley View decides sw.
Old 04-20-17, 06:17 PM
All Region

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
I like VV non conference games, I see them finishing 8-2, 9-1 with a home game come week 11. That is if they stay healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-17, 06:57 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLMN1999 View Post
I like VV non conference games, I see them finishing 8-2, 9-1 with a home game come week 11. That is if they stay healthy

Yes. That's the key. We lost Micah before franklin our best receiver and db. Seems franklin has a secret recipe for staying healthy maybe their depth.
Old 04-20-17, 07:15 PM
All Region

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
VV did just do a massive upgrade to their outdated weight room so hopefully that helps

Old 04-20-17, 08:02 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
I don't know wallens 40 but I know he was a top 5 sprinter in track. I saw john McAllister timed genslinger in a 4.5 at his combine so I'd say that's about where bailey is too. I seen Ryan run last year and he might be a 4.8 guy run about 11.8-12 100. Bailey is the top player in the sw then I'd give Ryan a slight edge over genslinger. But another low 100 guy and one of the top SWBL backs all time was Reed from Carlisle and only Air Force FBS offered him. I'm not saying Ryan can't do it he can but I've seen much better RB in the league. You may be right about him at safety. And yes franklin staff did a great job using him.
Uh I was surprised about Reed. Really thought he would go at least MAC. History of injuries? It is really competitive out there for schollys.
Old 04-20-17, 09:14 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Wallen has his 40 time listed at 4.56 on his Hudl. I wouldn't dispute that. The kid can absolutely move. I would say without knowing for sure that Montgomery is a 4.6 in the 40. I would he is more shifty and versatile than Wallen and Genslinger. Wallen was the best running back and linebacker I saw last season, he had limited snaps at linebacker against Monroe, definitely looked like he was playing hurt. He can absolutely bring it to a defense. I think Brookville will be a very tough out this season!
Old 04-21-17, 07:53 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh I was surprised about Reed. Really thought he would go at least MAC. History of injuries? It is really competitive out there for schollys.
Yes I think that's the knock on him. Only played a few complete games this past season. I thought he would end up in the mac also he's going to eastern kentucky. Hope he gets healthy. Gifted football player.
Old 04-21-17, 08:47 AM
Junior Varsity

ohiofootballphan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod413 View Post
Creamer tried it at Dixie (coached basketball) & admittedly failed. Said to was too much.

Bales has done a pretty good job at Franklin being the BB Coach and AD.
Old 04-21-17, 09:04 AM
Junior Varsity

Heisenberg is on a distinguished road
Wallen, Genslinger and Montgomery

Quote:
I don't think bailey is getting and real attention neither is Collin. It just shows you how messed up the process is. In my opinion Wallen is the best returning RB no question. Ryan is a great player but the bulk of his yards comes from lining up at qb whereas everyone knows when bailey touches it he's running. He's just not the right color I guess. Good for Ryan but he wasn't the RB monk was and no major programs recruited him as a RB hate to see his records fall to a slash player qb/RB/wr he can however do a lot of great things on the field. Collin the fastest player in the league and has had a good career and great season but won't get more than a D2 offer if that. It's just the way it is.
I think all three of these young men are great players and each has their own strengths and weaknesses and yes I saw all three play last year, but to say Montgomery is getting offers and the others aren't because of his skin color is laughable. He is the best play in the SWBL, HANDS DOWN, it is not even close.
Old 04-21-17, 09:44 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
I think all three of these young men are great players and each has their own strengths and weaknesses and yes I saw all three play last year, but to say Montgomery is getting offers and the others aren't because of his skin color is laughable. He is the best play in the SWBL, HANDS DOWN, it is not even close.
Then how? Everybody in recruiting knows this is a reality. Ask anyone in the league the 1 RB next year they don't want to face and it's wallen. And that's not even close. Name another player on brookville team without looking at the roster. They lost 20 starters last year he lead the conference in rush. I can name 8 players off franklins team that could start for any SWBL team. He's on a loaded team that are 1 divisions up on everybody they play. Caught Piqua without their stud and Edgewood without their top 3 rushers, beat a tipp team which slipped into the playoffs through the Dunbar fiasco wouldn't have got past Carlisle if Reed healthy. Yes they beat us was we hurt yes no excuses even healthy franklin was better last year. But I did say he does deserve to be recruited but for you to look at bailey and Collin and to some how say they aren't on his level is a joke. Bailey been caring brookville Montgomery plays on a great team. If he was a white kid he'd be labeled too small too slow to play RB too short for qb D2. I personally think he is a great player but I've seen a lot of great ones in the SWBL who was everything this kid is and more. Good for him. You don't think bailey or genslinger deserves attention? Same league bigger faster stronger just as productive on smaller teams. What is it then?

Last edited by Spartan119; 04-21-17 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-21-17, 09:56 AM
Junior Varsity

ohiofootballphan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Then how? Everybody in recruiting knows this is a reality. Ask anyone in the league the 1 RB next year they don't want to face and it's wallen. And that's not even close. Name another player on brookville team without looking at the roster. They lost 20 starters last year he lead the conference in rush. I can name 8 players off franklins team that could start for any SWBL team. He's on a loaded team that are 1 divisions up on everybody they play. Caught Piqua without their stud and Edgewood without their top 3 rushers, beat a tipp team which slipped into the playoffs through the Dunbar fiasco wouldn't have got past Carlisle if Reed healthy. Yes they beat us was we hurt yes no excuses even healthy franklin was better last year. But I did say he does deserve to be recruited but for you to look at bailey and Collin and to some how say they aren't on his level is a joke. Bailey been caring brookville Montgomery plays on a great team. If he was a white kid he'd be labeled too small too slow to play RB too short for qb D2. I personally think he is a great player but I've seen a lot of great ones in the SWBL who was everything this kid is and more. Good for him. You don't think bailey or genslinger deserves attention? Same league bigger faster stronger more just as productive on smaller teams. What is it then?
Say what you want, but Montgomery will be a 4 year contributor on the football team and basketball team. That's saying something because there's been some talent on those teams, and he has excelled. The kid has been doing it since his pee wee days.
Old 04-21-17, 10:14 AM
Junior Varsity

Like I said they are all great players, I hope everyone one of them gets the chance to play at the next level. I also know college coaches especially D1 coaches are in the business of winning. They are going to recruit the best players. There is a reason he has big time offers and the others do not- He is a better player.
Old 04-21-17, 11:08 AM
All Region

Talking

Quote:
Like I said they are all great players, I hope everyone one of them gets the chance to play at the next level. I also know college coaches especially D1 coaches are in the business of winning. They are going to recruit the best players. There is a reason he has big time offers and the others do not- He is a better player.
Yep so is everybody that plays behind A.J. Ouellette at OU
Old 04-21-17, 11:18 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Yep so is everybody that plays behind A.J. Ouellette at OU
Ouellette is a great player who obviously fell through the cracks. He has made the most of his opportunity at Ohio and earned a scholarship. Maybe the same will happen for the other two SWBL backs. I hope it does. I think you believe I am trying to be negative towards Wallen and Genslinger. I am not at all. As good as they are, I just don't think they are as good as Montgomery. So far, Rivals.com and pretty much every college coach around would agree with me.
Old 04-21-17, 11:37 AM
All Region

Quote:
Ouellette is a great player who obviously fell through the cracks. He has made the most of his opportunity at Ohio and earned a scholarship. Maybe the same will happen for the other two SWBL backs. I hope it does. I think you believe I am trying to be negative towards Wallen and Genslinger. I am not at all. As good as they are, I just don't think they are as good as Montgomery. So far, Rivals.com and pretty much every college coach around would agree with me.
Which is exactly what was said about A.J. It's a fact even Christian McCaffrey made a statement on it. My thing is 5'9 180 4.7ish SWBL too small too slow. What changed? You can't be blind. We will just disagree
Old 04-21-17, 12:52 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
I think Bailey Wallen and Aj Oulette is a very good comparison. If Wallen goes D2 then that D2 school is getting an absolute steal.
Old 04-21-17, 01:00 PM
Varsity

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I always ask the question to people when they say my son ran this time in the 40. I don't know how these combine's are timing but most are hand held times. Which a 4.5 hand held time would be 4.7to 4.8 FAT time. The NFL uses Eletronic timing which a person starts the clock and a laser stops the clock. Now some good timers can come close to the time but you should at another .7 to an Electronic time to convert to FAT timing. I know it doesn't matter but I always ask the person what is his 100 meter time.

Just like on another thread where Patten from Little Miami ran a 4.4. I've watched him run track and I respect his father and him. No way he ran a 4.4 and I'm betting this 4.5 is not very accurate as well. I remember Darrell Green and a couple of fast NFL guys ran against 100 meter runners and about half way down the track the 100 meter sprinters walked away from the NFL guys.
Old 04-21-17, 01:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Which is exactly what was said about A.J. It's a fact even Christian McCaffrey made a statement on it. My thing is 5'9 180 4.7ish SWBL too small too slow. What changed? You can't be blind. We will just disagree
I'm not a Division 1 scout so I can't tell you everything they look at that is separating Montgomery from these two. Maybe its grades, maybe because Montgomery is so much more versatile a player than the others maybe they feel he has the "IT" factor and they do not. I'm just thrilled the SWBL has a big time recruit. Lets be honest, it is not that often that our conference produces kids that have major college offers.
Old 04-21-17, 02:06 PM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Montgomery ran a 4.68 that is electronically timed at a camp a verified, when he finally gets in the weight room and isn't playing 3 sports he will be a 4.5 guy, Leonard Fournette only ran a 4.52 at the combine you act like running a 4.6 is slow, college aren't just recruiting him because of his skin color they recruit kids who can help them keep their jobs. Montgomery will be able to play all over the field in college, RB, WR, Corner, Safety, and return kicks and punts, that's what they see the versatility that he brings to the field.
Old 04-21-17, 02:48 PM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
I'd take Montgomery who is twice as shifty as Bailey. Bailey may have better straight line speed, but honestly as a running back how often are you running straight up 40 yards? I would take shifts and agility over straight speed. Great shiftiness in a running back is special.
Old 04-21-17, 04:44 PM
All Region

Leonard Fournette is 240 pounds not 175. And ran a 10.9 100. I always refer to electronic or fat track time. What combine?
Old 04-21-17, 04:52 PM
All Region

All these kids are studs in pee wee doesn't mean anything. I saw him play in peewee lined up in the I formation behind a big line coaches Boy at qb and he'd slide through a crease and break one or get ran down every few plays. Very small good vision. About the same in jr high.
Old 04-21-17, 05:15 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Montgomery ran a 4.68 that is electronically timed at a camp a verified, when he finally gets in the weight room and isn't playing 3 sports he will be a 4.5 guy, Leonard Fournette only ran a 4.52 at the combine you act like running a 4.6 is slow, college aren't just recruiting him because of his skin color they recruit kids who can help them keep their jobs. Montgomery will be able to play all over the field in college, RB, WR, Corner, Safety, and return kicks and punts, that's what they see the versatility that he brings to the field.
Uh Fournette is 6'3" and 245 lbs and an absolute power back. Uh just a slight difference, and yes 4.6 is slow for a bigtime running back in college. Uh as I have said many times Ryan Montgomery will play safety in college and he will be a very good one.
Old 04-21-17, 07:24 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I always ask the question to people when they say my son ran this time in the 40. I don't know how these combine's are timing but most are hand held times. Which a 4.5 hand held time would be 4.7to 4.8 FAT time. The NFL uses Eletronic timing which a person starts the clock and a laser stops the clock. Now some good timers can come close to the time but you should at another .7 to an Electronic time to convert to FAT timing. I know it doesn't matter but I always ask the person what is his 100 meter time.

Just like on another thread where Patten from Little Miami ran a 4.4. I've watched him run track and I respect his father and him. No way he ran a 4.4 and I'm betting this 4.5 is not very accurate as well. I remember Darrell Green and a couple of fast NFL guys ran against 100 meter runners and about half way down the track the 100 meter sprinters walked away from the NFL guys.
Uh, there is no doubt the Patten kid is the top returning RB in the SWOC this season. The kid is really fast, but he is 165 lbs. If he gets in the open field its over. Is he a D1 recruit? I doubt it.
Old 04-21-17, 09:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
I'm not a Division 1 scout so I can't tell you everything they look at that is separating Montgomery from these two. Maybe its grades, maybe because Montgomery is so much more versatile a player than the others maybe they feel he has the "IT" factor and they do not. I'm just thrilled the SWBL has a big time recruit. Lets be honest, it is not that often that our conference produces kids that have major college offers.
If he's white he's too small too slow bottom line. Same kind of bs black qb went through for years.

Scouting report John McCallister recruiting guru.
AJ Ouellette
Ohio University

At an MSROHIO football combine two years, I watched a player just put up really good numbers. Quick. Fast. Strong. Excellent burst. Solid 190. Good upper body strength. Great attitude.

Some negatives – 5’8 in height. Maybe 5’9 every other day. Another negative for some, but not for me – small school program. Final negative – for some college coaches, but not for me. He was a white running back. Please do not “beat me up verbally,” but as much as college recruiters will deny these negatives. All three are considered when recruiting an RB.
Old 04-26-17, 09:52 PM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Then how? Everybody in recruiting knows this is a reality. Ask anyone in the league the 1 RB next year they don't want to face and it's wallen. And that's not even close. Name another player on brookville team without looking at the roster. They lost 20 starters last year he lead the conference in rush. I can name 8 players off franklins team that could start for any SWBL team. He's on a loaded team that are 1 divisions up on everybody they play. Caught Piqua without their stud and Edgewood without their top 3 rushers, beat a tipp team which slipped into the playoffs through the Dunbar fiasco wouldn't have got past Carlisle if Reed healthy. Yes they beat us was we hurt yes no excuses even healthy franklin was better last year. But I did say he does deserve to be recruited but for you to look at bailey and Collin and to some how say they aren't on his level is a joke. Bailey been caring brookville Montgomery plays on a great team. If he was a white kid he'd be labeled too small too slow to play RB too short for qb D2. I personally think he is a great player but I've seen a lot of great ones in the SWBL who was everything this kid is and more. Good for him. You don't think bailey or genslinger deserves attention? Same league bigger faster stronger just as productive on smaller teams. What is it then?
Montgomery was just offered from Michigan State. Best player in the SWBL in a long time.. You've tried digging Ryan forever and spewing nonsense about Colin and other current and past league greats being the better athlete. Truth is you do not and will never know more than the D 1 big boy scouts of college football know and get paid to know regardless of your ego Spartan. You have a great imagination of how these kids project at the next level. Your race card comments are beyond laughable.

Next years prediction SW POY Montgomery Buckeye Svarda

Franklin wins the southeestern league and Madison goes undefeated in conference play
Old 04-27-17, 09:05 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntopin View Post
Montgomery was just offered from Michigan State. Best player in the SWBL in a long time.. You've tried digging Ryan forever and spewing nonsense about Colin and other current and past league greats being the better athlete. Truth is you do not and will never know more than the D 1 big boy scouts of college football know and get paid to know regardless of your ego Spartan. You have a great imagination of how these kids project at the next level. Your race card comments are beyond laughable.

Next years prediction SW POY Montgomery Buckeye Svarda

Franklin wins the southeestern league and Madison goes undefeated in conference play
Uh congrats to Ryan Montgomery. Best kid I have seen in the SWBL in a long time. Valley View had a kid a while back who went to Stanford, one of the fastest kids I have ever seen forget his name. I agree with your predictions as far as the league goes. Cant see Franklin losing a game next season and Madison will roll in their division.
Old 04-27-17, 09:16 AM
Junior Varsity

indianfan2016 is on a distinguished road
What does MU have coming back? I know they have a monster at DE returning, do they have enough around him to compete with Madison?