Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-17-14, 12:08 AM
All American

The Eaze is on a distinguished road
He is slow. He wont be able to defend premier players in college. He is a good shooter on a team who has no shooters. He will score points because he shoots the ball 100 times a game. He is not as great as he is made out to be, neither is carlton bragg. kennard lovers will try and rip me apart but it is what it is. at duke he will be a player who mostly stands behind the arc in the corner or whatever looking for the kickout for the open threes. he definitely wont make it pros. I never was mad that he didnt go to ohio state, isnt to hard to find a 6"5 slow white guy who can shoot. I dont want carlton bragg at ohio state neither because he is highly overrated.
Old 06-17-14, 07:45 AM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
Whoa!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanWunderkind View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not from Franklin, nor am I from within the Dayton city limits. It's foolish to say Kennard isn't one of the best handful of players to play high school ball in the area in most of our lifetimes.

I like Norris Cole. I wanted UD to recruit him back when he had no D1 offers and UD had a need for PGs. I don't think anyone could see what he'd ultimately become, but it was clear he could play at a higher D1 level than the Horizon or even MAC. Many college coaches whiffed, none bigger than Brian Gregory, who worked literally down the street from Dunbar High and saw plenty of him while recruiting Benson. In some ways, being on those insanely loaded Dunbar teams may have hurt Cole as college recruit, because he never really got to dominate games as a featured player in ways Luke, Chris Wright, Brooks Hall, and even Juwan Staten and others could.

That said, Kennard is a better HS player by a WIDE margin. It's not close. You put Cook, Pogue, Anderson and a young Benson around Kennard, and they win the state title with me and 4 other yappi posters on the bench. They probably win the state title in all 50 states. Heck, they'd have been the 2nd or 3rd best team at the U18 tourney Kennard will play in later this week.

The best teammates Kennard had were two tall twins who were D2 college talents at best, and that was only his freshman year. The others are/were a baseball player and kids who will no doubt play the biggest basketball games of their lives in a franklin uniform. You can't compare the two programs when it comes to depth. It's insane to judge Luke the player by what Dunbar the program has accomplished. You're also doing a disservice to Dunbar, Thurgood Marshall, Alter and CJ by assuming great players should just win state on their own. You realize how hard it is to come out of Dayton D2? No one player can do it. You need 8 or 9 really good ones, at least. There is a reason Franklin runs out of steam in the second half vs Dunbar and Thurgood, and it sure isn't Luke. It's the other 9 names on the roster for each team.

Kennard is the best area HS player I have seen. That includes Daequan Cook, and I think very highly of Daequan Cook. I just think Luke is better. Others may not, and that's fine. It's certainly close. If you're under the age of 35 like I am, those two are the only two that should be at the top of your list. They stand above the rest.

College and pro career will be what they will be, I think he'll be very good at Duke and make a fine living for a decade or more somewhere in the world if not the NBA. But strictly as a HS talent, you won't find a better one from the Miami Valley than Luke Kennard.
Take any of those players and but them in the SWBL and what would there numbers be? I am pretty sure their stats would be inflated. Luke Benefits from being an enigma in a very average to below average talent pool. His AAU play consist of very little defense, transition pull-up jump shots and benefitting from tremendous help side defense from some of the best players in the country. When he gets to Duke and has to defend players like Rodney Poole or Jabari Parker on the wing and those type of players are guarding him on the other end, talk to me then. Luke struggled when the 6'3 kid from Thurgood got in his face. He was worn out by the third quarter. Also look at the game vs. the team out of NY. He really struggled vs. solid and athletic perimeter defense. His game will transition on the college level as a shooter. Guys like Diebler, Reddic and a variety of other shooters before him and that's OK. He can still make a good pro career out of that. But to say he is better than Daquen Cook and to not even mention Dwight Anderson is just plain disrespectful. Luke would have been the 6th or 8th man on some of those Dunbar and Roth Teams. Really... I think Ivan Patterson out of Colonel White is a better player. And for you to say the program is not a factor in the decision makes no sense. Those programs play the best. Those stars on those teams perform at the highest level of real basketball where teams practice and prepare ,not that farce of a game known as AAU. If he went into the Gym vs. ASVSM or Chicago Dunbar, and gave them 30 during a school night...Then I would say OK he is the real deal maybe the best. Giving Oakwood 40 just does not compare. Sorry.
Old 06-17-14, 07:58 AM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eaze View Post
He is slow. He wont be able to defend premier players in college. He is a good shooter on a team who has no shooters. He will score points because he shoots the ball 100 times a game. He is not as great as he is made out to be, neither is carlton bragg. kennard lovers will try and rip me apart but it is what it is. at duke he will be a player who mostly stands behind the arc in the corner or whatever looking for the kickout for the open threes. he definitely wont make it pros. I never was mad that he didnt go to ohio state, isnt to hard to find a 6"5 slow white guy who can shoot. I dont want carlton bragg at ohio state neither because he is highly overrated.
Slow white guys who can shoot can make millions in the NBA. Also slow green guys and slow purple guys can also make millions if they can shoot. Not sure why skin color was added but oh well.

This kid is not going to be a state placer in the 100, but his athletic ability is rather evident to most non-bias folks. Watch him scramble at quarterback, while not Michael Vick, its definitely not Jon Kitna either. While a different sport, I think his abilities on the gridiron speak to his overall athleticism.

Again, most scouts will report back with surprising athleticism (which I get is a back handed compliment)
Old 06-17-14, 08:04 AM
All Region

AJK091610 is on a distinguished road
I have noticed there has not been one mention of Jason Collier. Every D1 program wanted him played at IU under coach Knight went to the NBA. Luke is a special talent and I agree with some its to early to say if he is top 10 or not... There are 2 at the top of the list Jerry Lucas and Dwight Anderson.. After that its all up for debate. I do love how people are talking about the SWBL and the competition level there. Correct me if I am wrong but he was invited to the U18 team and made the team.. How many others in the Dayton area have been invited zero I believe with the exception of Jerry Lucas who won a gold at the Olympics.. Luke will never win a state title at Franklin just not enough talent around him but he will win a gold medal for the USA and sorry but that trumps ALL state championships.

To say Luke would have been the 6th man on Dunbar team to quote yourself "thats just disrespectful"

Last edited by AJK091610; 06-17-14 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-17-14, 08:05 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
When he gets to Duke and has to defend players like Rodney Poole or Jabari Parker on the wing and those type of players are guarding him on the other end, talk to me then. Sorry.
So your basis for all time Dayton player is if one can guard or cannot be guarded by high NBA first round draft packs? If that is the critieria, Dayton just went from having a rich basketball history, to competing with Franklin Monroe for overall talent. Poor Dequan Cook, with this arithmetic he could not crack the top 100 all time Dayton players.
Old 06-17-14, 08:16 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Take any of those players and but them in the SWBL and what would there numbers be? I am pretty sure their stats would be inflated. Luke Benefits from being an enigma in a very average to below average talent pool. His AAU play consist of very little defense, transition pull-up jump shots and benefitting from tremendous help side defense from some of the best players in the country. When he gets to Duke and has to defend players like Rodney Poole or Jabari Parker on the wing and those type of players are guarding him on the other end, talk to me then. Luke struggled when the 6'3 kid from Thurgood got in his face. He was worn out by the third quarter. Also look at the game vs. the team out of NY. He really struggled vs. solid and athletic perimeter defense. His game will transition on the college level as a shooter. Guys like Diebler, Reddic and a variety of other shooters before him and that's OK. He can still make a good pro career out of that. But to say he is better than Daquen Cook and to not even mention Dwight Anderson is just plain disrespectful. Luke would have been the 6th or 8th man on some of those Dunbar and Roth Teams. Really... I think Ivan Patterson out of Colonel White is a better player. And for you to say the program is not a factor in the decision makes no sense. Those programs play the best. Those stars on those teams perform at the highest level of real basketball where teams practice and prepare ,not that farce of a game known as AAU. If he went into the Gym vs. ASVSM or Chicago Dunbar, and gave them 30 during a school night...Then I would say OK he is the real deal maybe the best. Giving Oakwood 40 just does not compare. Sorry.
How many did he score against Thurgood,Dunbar in the past couple years
Old 06-17-14, 08:28 AM
All Region

Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
Wait... I thought Jason Collier ended up at Georgia Tech not Indiana. I agree with others Luke's color is dumb in this debate. The boy can play. Top Ten or even Twenty of all time in Dayton is a stretch but like many have said it's to early to tell. Let's just enjoy the fact that one our of own has made that U18 team.
Old 06-17-14, 08:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perk Diggler View Post
Wait... I thought Jason Collier ended up at Georgia Tech not Indiana. I agree with others Luke's color is dumb in this debate. The boy can play. Top Ten or even Twenty of all time in Dayton is a stretch but like many have said it's to early to tell. Let's just enjoy the fact that one our of own has made that U18 team.
He started at IU and transfered to Georgia Tech
Old 06-17-14, 08:56 AM
All Region

Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJK091610 View Post
He started at IU and transfered to Georgia Tech
Okay. I do remember that. You're right.
Old 06-17-14, 09:32 AM
All Region

jdizzle is on a distinguished road
U-18

Kennard makes the U-18 team to represent the United States and some are comparing him to some of the best players in Dayton's YMCA. Come on!

Regardless of the weak SWBL, he is representing the USA. Give credit where credit is due. I would take the words of these evaluators such as Danny Manning, Billy Donovon and Jim Boeheim over the has-been poster on yappi.

Many throw out the games against Dunbar and TM, he has absolutely no help at franklin. 100% of defense is focused on him! sure he gets tired. You are blind to think that 100% of defense is focused on any one individual in college, thus allowing you to see full potential.

Until coach K sits in your living room and offers you a full scholarship, go back and play at the Y with all of your greats. Oh wait, Luke probably couldn't even play at the Y with these esteemed athletes...sorry.
Old 06-17-14, 10:22 AM
Varsity

nelmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have noticed there has not been one mention of Jason Collier.
You mean the McDonalds All-American Jason Collier who went on the be 1st Team All-ACC at Georgia Tech and who would have had a 10 year NBA career had he not died at a tragically young age? Sorry, in high school he played in the old Southwest Rivers Conference against a bunch of rural small schools so he can't enter the conversation. He would never have made it in the City League. Had he played for those old Roth teams, Coach Haley might have given him a few garbage time minutes but there's no way he would have cracked the rotation.
Old 06-17-14, 10:28 AM
Varsity

nelmo is on a distinguished road
Daequan Cook is an interesting comparison to Kennard. Personally, I would take Cook but if you've actually watched Daequan on the next level, his game has essentially been what the Kennard detractors claim Luke's game will be after he leaves Franklin. At OSU, 41% of Daequan's FG attempts were from 3. In the NBA, a whopping 60% of Daequan's FG attempts were from 3. Daequan Cook has been nothing more than a spot up shooter who doesn't play any defense in his post-Dunbar career.

People in glass houses...
Old 06-17-14, 10:41 AM
All Ohio

sportsguy
Quote:
I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not from Franklin, nor am I from within the Dayton city limits. It's foolish to say Kennard isn't one of the best handful of players to play high school ball in the area in most of our lifetimes.

I like Norris Cole. I wanted UD to recruit him back when he had no D1 offers and UD had a need for PGs. I don't think anyone could see what he'd ultimately become, but it was clear he could play at a higher D1 level than the Horizon or even MAC. Many college coaches whiffed, none bigger than Brian Gregory, who worked literally down the street from Dunbar High and saw plenty of him while recruiting Benson. In some ways, being on those insanely loaded Dunbar teams may have hurt Cole as college recruit, because he never really got to dominate games as a featured player in ways Luke, Chris Wright, Brooks Hall, and even Juwan Staten and others could.

That said, Kennard is a better HS player by a WIDE margin. It's not close. You put Cook, Pogue, Anderson and a young Benson around Kennard, and they win the state title with me and 4 other yappi posters on the bench. They probably win the state title in all 50 states. Heck, they'd have been the 2nd or 3rd best team at the U18 tourney Kennard will play in later this week.

The best teammates Kennard had were two tall twins who were D2 college talents at best, and that was only his freshman year. The others are/were a baseball player and kids who will no doubt play the biggest basketball games of their lives in a franklin uniform. You can't compare the two programs when it comes to depth. It's insane to judge Luke the player by what Dunbar the program has accomplished. You're also doing a disservice to Dunbar, Thurgood Marshall, Alter and CJ by assuming great players should just win state on their own. You realize how hard it is to come out of Dayton D2? No one player can do it. You need 8 or 9 really good ones, at least. There is a reason Franklin runs out of steam in the second half vs Dunbar and Thurgood, and it sure isn't Luke. It's the other 9 names on the roster for each team.

Kennard is the best area HS player I have seen. That includes Daequan Cook, and I think very highly of Daequan Cook. I just think Luke is better. Others may not, and that's fine. It's certainly close. If you're under the age of 35 like I am, those two are the only two that should be at the top of your list. They stand above the rest.

College and pro career will be what they will be, I think he'll be very good at Duke and make a fine living for a decade or more somewhere in the world if not the NBA. But strictly as a HS talent, you won't find a better one from the Miami Valley than Luke Kennard.
Fantastic post! Completely agree.
Old 06-17-14, 10:45 AM
All Ohio

sportsguy
Please stop with the Norris Cole comparisons. Norris was headed to a D2 school before Cleveland State took a flier on him, he wasn't even the best player on his high school team. You can't compare a player to an entire team. There is no comparison between high school Norris and high school Luke...time will tell if Luke has the college and post-college career that Norris has had.

Luke Kennard is one of the best players to ever come out of the Dayton area...period. His offers, accolades, accomplishments, and numbers speak for themselves.
Old 06-17-14, 01:45 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
Please stop with the Norris Cole comparisons. Norris was headed to a D2 school before Cleveland State took a flier on him, he wasn't even the best player on his high school team. You can't compare a player to an entire team. There is no comparison between high school Norris and high school Luke...time will tell if Luke has the college and post-college career that Norris has had.

Luke Kennard is one of the best players to ever come out of the Dayton area...period. His offers, accolades, accomplishments, and numbers speak for themselves.
Norris would have averaged 35 in the SWBL... Just sayin!
Old 06-17-14, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

Your Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelmo View Post
Daequan Cook is an interesting comparison to Kennard. Personally, I would take Cook but if you've actually watched Daequan on the next level, his game has essentially been what the Kennard detractors claim Luke's game will be after he leaves Franklin. At OSU, 41% of Daequan's FG attempts were from 3. In the NBA, a whopping 60% of Daequan's FG attempts were from 3. Daequan Cook has been nothing more than a spot up shooter who doesn't play any defense in his post-Dunbar career.

People in glass houses...
And Cook was a much better athlete than Luke. Look will be relegated to a very similar role to Cook has/had. He can still be a good pro but his athleticism will keep him in that "role". I know it is hard for some to swallow but hey. It is what it is!
Old 06-17-14, 02:47 PM
All Region

No one is saying Luke will average 40 a game in college, no one is saying Luke is going to be an NBA all-star or Hall of Famer. What people are trying to say is he DESERVES to be in the converstation as one of the best in the Dayton area.. Yes Norris Cole could average 40 a game in the SWBL there are several guys in the city league or in other leagues, ie Kyle Ahrens. However, if you take Norris Cole, Daequan Cook, Arron Pogue, Ivan "Hogie" Patterson, Javon Scales, Jamie Skelton, Carlos Knox and put them on the Franklin rooster they are still going to get beat in the sectional final due to Franklins other talent.. BUT you put Luke on any of those teams and you know have a state contender.
Old 06-17-14, 03:57 PM
All Ohio

John336 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

IMHO this laughable, and obviously don't know basketball. Kennard as good as he is on the high school level could not touch Cook's talent.

Cook had a better post-up game, better mid range shot, better rebounder, better at creating his own shot, could score inside and outside and finished above the rim consistently with ease and I honestly dont think you can say Luke is a better shooter either.....bottomline Luke is not on Cook's level.
Old 06-17-14, 04:02 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Those labeling Kennard as just a "slow white shooter" and a guy who just stands behind the arc and hits 3's have never seen him play apparently. That's all.
Old 06-17-14, 04:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeJerk96 View Post
His resume is impressive thus far and if you went by that tou would have a strong case but from a talent standpoint I honestly don't think he could make DPS top ten all time list: These are just Dunbar guys

Daequan Cook
Kurt Taylor
Mark Baker
Geron Johnson
Richard Tutu Brown
Wild Bill Higgins
Mike Haley Jr.
Norris Cole
add Cornelius Cash, Duck Springer and AJ Harris and Luke would not make Dunbars top ten based on talent not his resume
Old 06-17-14, 05:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by John336 View Post
add Cornelius Cash, Duck Springer and AJ Harris and Luke would not make Dunbars top ten based on talent not his resume
Strong statement... I will agree Dunbar has probably the richest history of basketball talent in the dayton area but what is it about Luke's game that makes you think he doesn't have the TALENT to make the ALL-DUNBAR team. Is it the 3rd team all American? Is it the U18 team he just made? Is it the back to back player of the year in Ohio DII, which dunbar plays in? Maybe his 2014 Mr Basketball? The full ride to Duke or ANY school he wanted to go to because EVERY MAJOR D1 Coach wanted him? Maybe his Football offensive player of the year award? I cant put my finger on what it is so elaborate on what it takes to make John336 all Dunbar team instead of ALL-AMERICAN...

Not trying to single out John336 so anyone elaborate..... dont give me excuses give me actual feedback and an actual rebuttal/facts not your opinions
Old 06-17-14, 05:20 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Strong statement... I will agree Dunbar has probably the richest history of basketball talent in the dayton area but what is it about Luke's game that makes you think he doesn't have the TALENT to make the ALL-DUNBAR team. Is it the 3rd team all American? Is it the U18 team he just made? Is it the back to back player of the year in Ohio DII, which dunbar plays in? Maybe his 2014 Mr Basketball? The full ride to Duke or ANY school he wanted to go to because EVERY MAJOR D1 Coach wanted him? Maybe his Football offensive player of the year award? I cant put my finger on what it is so elaborate on what it takes to make John336 all Dunbar team instead of ALL-AMERICAN...

Not trying to single out John336 so anyone elaborate..... dont give me excuses give me actual feedback and an actual rebuttal/facts not your opinions
It's because he is white and people think he isn't athletic. That's the truth and I don't care what anyone else says otherwise. But he is athletic and he would be one of the best Dunbar players ever.
Old 06-17-14, 06:27 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by John336 View Post
Luke is ranked higher then AJ in every ranking out. Plays on same aau team. More offers. AJ has had the better teams and is a very good player but come on now. We know you guys love your City schools but Luke would start and play very well at Dunbar
Old 06-17-14, 07:25 PM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
I' m tired hearing about all the Dunbar kids. Just because they load up every year like an AAU team doesn't make all of those guys great players. Every year Dunbar gets the best 8th graders out of the entire City League (several hundred to pick from) and then raids the Catholic grade schools if they need to. Then they play in the D2 tournament. The only schools who have the advantage Dunbar has is the GCL South, and if you notice, they never play them. Also, other than Norris Cole what Dunbar player has lived up to his potential at the next level. Don't say Cooke. Didn't start at OSU and now is out of the League.
Old 06-17-14, 07:27 PM
All Region

I' m tired hearing about all the Dunbar kids. Just because they load up every year like an AAU team doesn't make all of those guys great players. Every year Dunbar gets the best 8th graders out of the entire City League (several hundred to pick from) and then raids the Catholic grade schools if they need to. Then they play in the D2 tournament. The only schools who have the advantage Dunbar has is the GCL South, and if you notice, they never play them. Also, other than Norris Cole what Dunbar player has lived up to his potential at the next level. Don't say Cooke. Didn't start at OSU and now is out of the League. Nor is he playing in Europe. I do agree that he was an incredible high school talent.
Old 06-17-14, 08:02 PM
GO MIDDIES

Middie 85 Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseball View Post
I' m tired hearing about all the Dunbar kids. Just because they load up every year like an AAU team doesn't make all of those guys great players. Every year Dunbar gets the best 8th graders out of the entire City League (several hundred to pick from) and then raids the Catholic grade schools if they need to. Then they play in the D2 tournament. The only schools who have the advantage Dunbar has is the GCL South, and if you notice, they never play them. Also, other than Norris Cole what Dunbar player has lived up to his potential at the next level. Don't say Cooke. Didn't start at OSU and now is out of the League.
Well, I would say Mark Baker who played at Dunbar and was an all-american and then went on to Ohio State and was very successful as a Buckeye and was part of Back to Ba k Big Ten Championships and was one of the top 5 assist leaders of all time when he left. I would say he lived up to his potential coming out of Dunbar and going to the next level.
Old 06-17-14, 09:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

There is no doubt Luke resume is impressive and I have seen him play seven or eight times and my personal opinion he is very good but not a great. He is cant defend and struggles to get his shot off against better athletes. HIs pattern thus far vs Dunbar and TM is the same. Score heavy in the first half and fizzle because he is out of gas sometime midway through the 2 quarter.
Willie Green and Davion Ashe gave him gave him trouble.

Every guard I named on that list would have you re evaluating your lofty opinion of Luke. Im not saying Luke would be shut out but he would not look like a All American with Geron Johnson defending him. He could not hold Kurt Taylor, Mark Baker, or Duck Springer jock strap. I know this sounds ridiculous to some because many are enamoured by the stats and accolades but Imho guys like Wild Bill Higgins, Cornelius Cash, Tutu Brown, and Daequan Cook all brought way more to the court than Luke.
Old 06-17-14, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseball View Post
I' m tired hearing about all the Dunbar kids. Just because they load up every year like an AAU team doesn't make all of those guys great players. Every year Dunbar gets the best 8th graders out of the entire City League (several hundred to pick from) and then raids the Catholic grade schools if they need to. Then they play in the D2 tournament. The only schools who have the advantage Dunbar has is the GCL South, and if you notice, they never play them. Also, other than Norris Cole what Dunbar player has lived up to his potential at the next level. Don't say Cooke. Didn't start at OSU and now is out of the League. Nor is he playing in Europe. I do agree that he was an incredible high school talent.
Dude please spare us your bitterness. Dunbar does not get the best 8th graders every year did you see TM had the stronger senior class the last two seasons? We dont raid Catholic grade schools, kids wanna win so they go where they can realize winning. For the record GCL South schools avoid city schools namely Dayton Dunbar didnt you see what Trotwood did to Moe in the tourney? Cook was in Germany last year dude after six seasons in the league do you call that a bust? Aaron Pogue, Josh Benson, Geron Johnson, Ryan Bass, Deon Stewart all graduated or set to graduate. Andre Yates, Damerion Geter, Gary Akbar, Teddy Hawkins all currently enrolled. Did I mention Jordan Smith headed to a D2 school West Virgina State and Willie Green to Stillman College? So how is Dunbar players not living up to there potential at the next level?
Old 06-17-14, 09:53 PM
All Ohio

Back to topic, Luke Kennard has had a better High school career than everyone of those kids you mention except for Cook, and its not close. Dunbar is a much better program than Franklin and that is obvious, but were not talking about program Wins and Losses.

I love we have a place like Dunbar that keeps Dayton relevant on a national HS basketball stage consistently. Thought why cant we give it up for a kid who made Team USA, got a ride to Duke and may get major minutes as a Frosh. And opps he could have been a DI quarterback. And Opps every team that comes into for Flying to the Hoop he represents Dayton by lighting there rear end up.

If Kennard has the career arch of Cole he will be a legend in Dayton. If he regresses like Cook did (I honestly believe he did not improve after he left Dunbar) then he will be having the similar career arch.
Old 06-17-14, 11:17 PM
All Region

You can't be serious. Johnson on par to graduate? You've been following a different career than than the rest of the basketball world. Hawkins, Yates, Bass, Akbar all washed out at their schools, but that's not the point I was making. I'm talking strictly about reaching their basketball potential. You are right about Baker. He certainly was a great college player. But for every Baker I can name 10 Dunbar grads who just didn't get it done as college players, or at least not have the careers that were anticipated. On another note, why hasn't Donald Smith been mentioned as one of the 10 greatest players. He is my all time favorite Dayton area high school player, and he had a great career at UD. Without a doubt the best pure shooter to ever play in our area.