Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-20-17, 08:22 PM
TR1982 TR1982 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-09-15
Posts: 117
TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GapDownBacker View Post
Is Coach Pflug a teacher?
I believe he is
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-20-17, 08:24 PM
TR1982 TR1982 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-09-15
Posts: 117
TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAnEagle View Post
Pflug just won the District Coach of the Year Award and turned a job no one wanted into a playoff team... wouldn't you go after bigger fish too? As for why not him - he's been linked to Badin, Purcell and Princeton. Lost out to a guy from Badin, a guy from Princeton and a former GCL guy.

He's young. His time will come... could even be now. As an alum of Walnut, I'm sure he's on their list.
I heard that schools actually sought him out and asked him to apply.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-20-17, 09:11 PM
tune89 tune89 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-26-10
Posts: 47
tune89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
I believe he is
He is not a "real" certified teacher or in other words, he does not have a teaching degree. A bachelors with a specific number of education classes allows him to hold a substitute teachers license. But at least we know he has a license, so he is more qualified than Lainhart was.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-21-17, 01:23 AM
withrownatiboy withrownatiboy is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-28-01
Location: DYT - Westside :-(
Posts: 3,787
withrownatiboy
Send a message via AIM to withrownatiboy Send a message via Yahoo to withrownatiboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinfbfan View Post
Hiring Pflug leaves Aiken where at this time of year???

That would be wrong as far as those kids are concerned. This is part of the problem with that kind of hire. You don't hire a current HC in April if you want to stop disrupting programs.
Rodger Horton and Scott Dean have a LOT to do with the infrastructure over there and should be able to keep the movement moving. That said, Dean was Pflug's teammate at Walnut and likely will apply too.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-21-17, 04:50 AM
cinfbfan cinfbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 492
cinfbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
I'd say the safest bet you can make is that Donnelly will have no input whatsoever on Lainhart's replacement.
I think thisbis accurate. Based on the articles out there it looks like Hardin might handle this. Brokamp shouldn't have any input either in my opinion because he's leaving.

As for Pflug, he's done a good job at Aiken. Considering that enrollment there balanced out unlike previous years when the school was torn down and they only had few kids, improvment was inevitable. Not taking anything away from what has been accomplished. But hiring him at this stage of the school year would be continuing a mess in CPS because then who leads Aiken? The only way that hire makes sense is after this coming season if Walnut gives it to an interim then let Pflug interview in the winter.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-21-17, 06:52 AM
cincysports4 cincysports4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Posts: 1,786
cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS WRESTLING View Post
All this drama over there at Walnut was about one thing:

"JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN!!!"
Pretty much... They got the mentality of trying to be a powerhouse in every sport since they have excellent facilities, open enrollment, and a study body of 2800 students.. But man, it cost them big time! This hire had bad news written on it since Day 1.

Guy was arrogant, and boy the whole recruitment thing caught up to him...

Does Donnelly still have a job? Cant see how..
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-21-17, 07:39 AM
TR1982 TR1982 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-09-15
Posts: 117
TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
Pretty much... They got the mentality of trying to be a powerhouse in every sport since they have excellent facilities, open enrollment, and a study body of 2800 students.. But man, it cost them big time! This hire had bad news written on it since Day 1.

Guy was arrogant, and boy the whole recruitment thing caught up to him...

Does Donnelly still have a job? Cant see how..
He's retiring the end of the school year.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-21-17, 07:42 AM
cinfbfan cinfbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 492
cinfbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by withrownatiboy View Post
Rodger Horton and Scott Dean have a LOT to do with the infrastructure over there and should be able to keep the movement moving. That said, Dean was Pflug's teammate at Walnut and likely will apply too.
Good point about Horton and Dean.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-21-17, 08:41 AM
cincysports4 cincysports4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Posts: 1,786
cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
He's retiring the end of the school year.
AKA was told to get out in a honorary fashion?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-21-17, 09:40 AM
TR1982 TR1982 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-09-15
Posts: 117
TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
AKA was told to get out in a honorary fashion?
Him and Brokamp were set to retire before this all hit the fan.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-21-17, 01:33 PM
lane4 lane4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Posts: 1,219
lane4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
Him and Brokamp were set to retire before this all hit the fan.
True, though the timing of Donnelly's announcement at the end of November was certainly odd, considering he said he made the decision to leave Walnut Hills back in August.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-21-17, 02:19 PM
TR1982 TR1982 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-09-15
Posts: 117
TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinfbfan View Post
Good point about Horton and Dean.
Who is Scott Dean? Never heard of or about him. Does he have the experience to be a head coach? Is he in the building?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-21-17, 08:21 PM
cinfbfan cinfbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 492
cinfbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
Who is Scott Dean? Never heard of or about him. Does he have the experience to be a head coach? Is he in the building?
Dean is on staff at Aiken with Pflug. He's a solid coach. HC experience? None that I know of. He's Walnut alumn and a hard worker.

Is he right to take over Walnut? They are moving to D1...I'm not sure. I will say that Lainhart chose a bad schedule for this coming season. They are not ready to play X.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-27-17, 11:15 AM
LHS WRESTLING LHS WRESTLING is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-30-07
Posts: 922
LHS WRESTLING is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tune89 View Post
He is not a "real" certified teacher or in other words, he does not have a teaching degree. A bachelors with a specific number of education classes allows him to hold a substitute teachers license. But at least we know he has a license, so he is more qualified than Lainhart was.

Pflug will have a license in PE the upcoming school year (he completes the coursework in a few weeks actually), and he will also be licensed/certified to teach Health as well.

Jeremy also has a Master's Degree in Business so he is looking to teach Personal Finance/Business courses at a high school as well where he coaches at and is working on that license as well. Jeremy is the total package as a coach: Highly organized, great motivator, mentor and has a vision for a program. He will have the proper credentials very soon to be in the building at Walnut. This is the guy they should hire.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 05-01-17, 10:51 AM
AlwaysAnEagle AlwaysAnEagle is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-22-16
Posts: 25
AlwaysAnEagle is on a distinguished road
Any word on candidates yet?
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 05-03-17, 10:41 AM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 195
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Why so quiet now? This was a hot topic prior to the coach being let go!
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 05-07-17, 07:25 AM
TR1982 TR1982 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-09-15
Posts: 117
TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Anyone heard of any movement here? who's interviewing, did they get a lot of applicants? any dark horses out there?
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 05-07-17, 05:17 PM
cinfbfan cinfbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 492
cinfbfan is on a distinguished road
No word on anything at Walnut. New principal hasn't been hired either. I think there is perhaps lots of behind the scenes bickering going on.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-08-17, 12:15 PM
lane4 lane4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Posts: 1,219
lane4 is on a distinguished road
I suspect the major part of the quiet from Walnut right now is waiting to see what penalties OHSAA slaps them with once the investigation is completed.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-09-17, 09:15 AM
cinfbfan cinfbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 492
cinfbfan is on a distinguished road
I also think they posted the job because they had to but they may just hire someone who was on staff for the interim. If things go well he stays if not the post it again at the end of this coming season.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 05-09-17, 10:50 AM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 195
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
I heard that schools actually sought him out and asked him to apply.
Obviously he's done a great job at Aiken, but I would think if schools were contacting him, then he would have another job by now. Unless he just doesn't interview well.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-09-17, 10:54 AM
BaBa au Rum BaBa au Rum is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-08
Posts: 195
BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinfbfan View Post
I also think they posted the job because they had to but they may just hire someone who was on staff for the interim. If things go well he stays if not the post it again at the end of this coming season.
I doubt they would go through 2 weeks of initial interviews and then a second round just for show.

I also doubt that after this fiasco, they would hire a current CPS coach and open up another job this late in the year. I could be wrong though.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-10-17, 07:27 AM
2020Dad 2020Dad is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-07-16
Posts: 67
2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Walnut Hill sanctions have been delivered, 2 years probation through the 2018-2019 season and a fine for coaches not having PAC . All sports are still eligible for the post season. There you have it.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 05-10-17, 08:04 AM
JustCallMeCoach JustCallMeCoach is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-29-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 291
JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Obviously he's done a great job at Aiken, but I would think if schools were contacting him, then he would have another job by now. Unless he just doesn't interview well.
Aiken was more of a "perfect storm". Light schedule, good athletes(14 seniors?), and good assistant coaches. Pfllug is more of a hype man than coach. This is what I heard from people in that camp. So it makes sense that after all of the interviews this past off season he's still at Aiken. I personally am a fan of Aiken and would like to see him stay there. Too many CPS coaching changes go on every year. Walnut will/should hire within staff and see how it goes with one of those guys. They have talent on that roster.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 05-10-17, 10:08 AM
AlwaysAnEagle AlwaysAnEagle is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-22-16
Posts: 25
AlwaysAnEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
Aiken was more of a "perfect storm". Light schedule, good athletes(14 seniors?), and good assistant coaches. Pfllug is more of a hype man than coach. This is what I heard from people in that camp. So it makes sense that after all of the interviews this past off season he's still at Aiken. I personally am a fan of Aiken and would like to see him stay there. Too many CPS coaching changes go on every year. Walnut will/should hire within staff and see how it goes with one of those guys. They have talent on that roster.
Hype man? I thought he ran the offense and they scored 40+ points a game last year. I'd be hyped too scoring that much.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 05-10-17, 10:22 AM
lane4 lane4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Posts: 1,219
lane4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
Walnut Hill sanctions have been delivered, 2 years probation through the 2018-2019 season and a fine for coaches not having PAC . All sports are still eligible for the post season.

Link?

And do you know what the fine amount is?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 05-10-17, 12:52 PM
JustCallMeCoach JustCallMeCoach is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-29-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 291
JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAnEagle View Post
Hype man? I thought he ran the offense and they scored 40+ points a game last year. I'd be hyped too scoring that much.
Just telling you what I heard my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 05-10-17, 02:57 PM
TR1982 TR1982 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-09-15
Posts: 117
TR1982 is on a distinguished road
i'm interested in where you heard that one from. i never hear anything from or about anyone on his staff. they seem like a tight knit group.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 05-11-17, 02:25 PM
93 red ls 93 red ls is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 550
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
HYPE man LOLOLOL I will admit Pflug has a long love for the game of football....he shows ALOT of emotion and LOVES what he does

but far from a "HYPE" man

great motivator , great coach/leader and great mentor to these young men at Aiken....


and BaBa au Rum kinda funny he made it to the final interview at 2 of the 3 schools he interviewed. BUT when that school may have a hidden agenda nothing he can do I guess...
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 05-11-17, 02:42 PM
tune89 tune89 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-26-10
Posts: 47
tune89 is on a distinguished road
WOw! 10 coaches at Walnut Hills without Ohio permits. 6 high school/4 jr high. Is this an Incompetent Athletic department just at Walnut or a district wide CPS problem? But best lesson from this, is to other schools... go ahead and recruit, because you will only get put on probation, no real consequences, IF u get caught.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Milford Invitational attyjmwilliams Wrestling 5 01-29-17 11:35 AM
GMC projections` SWOhioUnited Wrestling 24 02-09-15 04:04 PM
Walnut Hills JH Eagle Rumble Duals BigM Wrestling 1 01-26-15 07:29 PM
Week 1: Elder Panthers @ Oak Hills Highlanders adselder09 Elder Panthers 224 09-03-14 07:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz