Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-20-17, 02:16 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Do any of you Tiger fans see the Steubenville series getting restarted. Those games were fun with big crowds and great atmosphere.
Ask your puzz-azz coach.
Old 04-20-17, 02:47 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Do any of you Tiger fans see the Steubenville series getting restarted. Those games were fun with big crowds and great atmosphere.
I hope a deal can get done! Steubenville was one of my favorite games as a spectator.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-17, 04:25 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Ask your puzz-azz coach.
I'm sure Reno would be happy to sign a home home contract, especially if he things the Tigers will have down years in those two years they travel to Steubenville. The Tigers can take SVSM's place who Reno dumped after losing at home.
Old 04-20-17, 04:29 PM
All District

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Steubenville and Perry should both be on our schedule every year without question, but we can only do so much. Great rivalry games for both sides
Old 04-20-17, 04:36 PM
All World

Totally agree. Interesting that it's the same reason neither one are on our schedule.
Old 04-20-17, 06:56 PM
All American

BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Totally agree. Interesting that it's the same reason neither one are on our schedule.
yeah, Massillon
Old 04-20-17, 11:05 PM
Varsity

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Man, I try to give the Tigers all the respect I can.... and then a couple of idiots from Tiger Nation start their arrogant BS.... our coach is Puzz and we are running from Massillon. First of all no One is running from Massillon. I think the last time we played we hung Just under a half a hundred on you. Secondly, before you start the name calling and slamming our HC, take a look at what you got pacing the sidelines. I think keeping quiet is the best approach if you are a Tiger fan. The Big Bad Tigers are loading up on the D3's 4 and isn't there a D5 on your schedule. Now I know it's been a hard pill to swallow having to go down and play the little guys. Since you could never win a title amongst the real Blue Bloods of Ohio HS Football let's see if you can win one against all the little guys. Trust this The Big Red ain't running from Massillon and we didn't run from St VSM because we lost a game. We still made it to a place you haven't been in decades..... a title game. If you examine it closely, I think Massillon is the one running. The teams they have put on the field the last few years have been less than ordinary, and in the grand scheme of things among Ohio's best they are not even on thee radar. Time for some humility up there in Papertown Tiger Village.
Old 04-21-17, 06:56 AM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Man, I try to give the Tigers all the respect I can.... and then a couple of idiots from Tiger Nation start their arrogant BS.... our coach is Puzz and we are running from Massillon. First of all no One is running from Massillon. I think the last time we played we hung Just under a half a hundred on you. Secondly, before you start the name calling and slamming our HC, take a look at what you got pacing the sidelines. I think keeping quiet is the best approach if you are a Tiger fan. The Big Bad Tigers are loading up on the D3's 4 and isn't there a D5 on your schedule. Now I know it's been a hard pill to swallow having to go down and play the little guys. Since you could never win a title amongst the real Blue Bloods of Ohio HS Football let's see if you can win one against all the little guys. Trust this The Big Red ain't running from Massillon and we didn't run from St VSM because we lost a game. We still made it to a place you haven't been in decades..... a title game. If you examine it closely, I think Massillon is the one running. The teams they have put on the field the last few years have been less than ordinary, and in the grand scheme of things among Ohio's best they are not even on thee radar. Time for some humility up there in Papertown Tiger Village.
You might want to look into the 2005 D1 title game.
Old 04-21-17, 07:10 AM
All Region

Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
I asked in the college football forum, but since DB135 threw a child-like tantrum it was deleted. So I'll ask here.

With Moore's seat getting hot and Shepas only being 52 and just "retired" from the not well known Waynesburg University, anything he might come back to his roots of Massillon football if Moore is fired?
Old 04-21-17, 07:20 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
You might want to look into the 2005 D1 title game.
12.Years.Ago
Old 04-21-17, 07:36 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I asked in the college football forum, but since DB135 threw a child-like tantrum it was deleted. So I'll ask here.

With Moore's seat getting hot and Shepas only being 52 and just "retired" from the not well known Waynesburg University, anything he might come back to his roots of Massillon football if Moore is fired?
Oh for sure. It will probably come down to him, Garcia, Wakefield, Hertler, or Lee Owens.
Old 04-21-17, 07:45 AM
All Region

I get that's sarcasm, but I don't know much about Massillon and Shepas end. Hence why the question was asked. Maybe if Massillon posters weren't such dikheads anytime someone asked a question, they wouldn't get so much crap on here.
Old 04-21-17, 07:50 AM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I get that's sarcasm, but I don't know much about Massillon and Shepas end. Hence why the question was asked. Maybe if Massillon posters weren't such dikheads anytime someone asked a question, they wouldn't get so much crap on here.
Shepas left because the Super at the time Al Hennon had a son on the team, Hennon got pissed because his little johnny didn't get to play and ran Shepas out of town.
Old 04-21-17, 07:51 AM
All Region

Thanks firewatch. Sounds like Hennon isn't around anymore, but I imagine Shepas could be pretty bitter still. Unlikely reunion it seems.
Old 04-21-17, 08:02 AM
All District

Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The BIG RED won't play MCK (and I understand the enrollment difference) which they haven't asked since STEUBBY balked at the long time freshman game that they played each year - it was the year after Filtz left McK steubby just didn't show - think they had a small penalty to pay for breeching a contract but always would have loved the ole rivalry going - loved the massillon v steubby games - the week prior there was definitely a buzz to that game and seeing two of them they were intense contests and money for my seat was well spent!!!
Old 04-21-17, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Now I know it's been a hard pill to swallow having to go down and play the little guys. Since you could never win a title amongst the real Blue Bloods of Ohio HS Football let's see if you can win one against all the little guys.
Oh the irony. You know you've fallen from D1 to D4 right, lol? Does that cheapen your success?

Whatever. I respect BigRed and you are defending them. Most Massillon fans I know do respect Steuby. Very tough kids and well coached. Reno does have a rep for creating scheduling issues with rivals though, like it or not sorry.
Old 04-21-17, 03:17 PM
All World

Striker300 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
12.Years.Ago
And what year was it that Nordonia played in the D-1 title game? Oh, sorry, I forgot, they never once sniffed a D-1 title game in their forty or so years before they dropped to D-2! Throwing shots from irrelevance for what reason? Oh, forgot again, you think it's cute to troll Massillon, and here I thought you were a grown up adult lawyer, guess not. More childish trolling from the fringe hangers.
Old 04-21-17, 05:47 PM
All Region

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
If it wasn't for Coach Stacy 2005 doesn't happen. Period.

If Tiger fan would get honest for 5 minutes you would admit that Moore is not going to get his team to a state final game as Stacy did. In fact, he may not even match Hall's best playoff run.
Old 04-21-17, 05:49 PM
All Region

Quote:
Ask your puzz-azz coach.
Who would rather have coaching your team: Reno or Moore. Be honest.
Old 04-21-17, 06:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
I've not heard of Moore threatening women, so I see him as waaaaaaaaaay head in that race.
Old 04-21-17, 06:37 PM
All Ohio

owencountykentucky is on a distinguished road
Moore will be in the 2017 state final, and I will take Moore over Reno any day.
Old 04-22-17, 07:51 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Reno. Hands down. Not really the question though is it?
Old 04-22-17, 07:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by owencountykentucky View Post
Moore will be in the 2017 state final, and I will take Moore over Reno any day.
Bro. Really?
Old 04-22-17, 12:24 PM
All Ohio

owencountykentucky is on a distinguished road
Yes!
Old 04-22-17, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
I agree, he'll probably be among those attending.
Old 04-22-17, 01:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Reno. Hands down. Not really the question though is it?
Not for me or you but apparently some see Moore as waaaaaaay ahead of Reno (see above)
Old 04-22-17, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

Is LaSalle hiring Moore back?
Old 04-22-17, 02:51 PM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Reno has had a long career filled with on the field victories and success in the State Playoffs. On the surface, he's the obvious choice. There are things that transcend pure coaching. My choice between the two is Moore and I'll leave it at that. If a can of worms is about to get re-opened here (not my intent or desire) let it be someone that posts after me that does it.
Old 04-22-17, 03:53 PM
All World

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Eagle View Post
Reno has had a long career filled with on the field victories and success in the State Playoffs. On the surface, he's the obvious choice. There are things that transcend pure coaching. My choice between the two is Moore and I'll leave it at that. If a can of worms is about to get re-opened here (not my intent or desire) let it be someone that posts after me that does it.
Can I borrow this disclaimer from you for future use? If it works, it would be invaluable.
Old 04-22-17, 05:38 PM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Can I borrow this disclaimer from you for future use? If it works, it would be invaluable.
Please feel free to use it as you see fit lol.