Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-12-17, 10:36 AM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Paladin wouldn't get off his porch asking for autographs so his parents moved him to Girard.
Old 04-12-17, 11:37 AM
All Ohio

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Actually, he wasn't very good in Cortland and was behind the current Bulldog QB. Coaches here planned on moving him to Rb.

I have also heard there maybe some consideration to going to Harding. Who knows ? Who cares?
Old 04-12-17, 12:35 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Actually, he wasn't very good in Cortland and was behind the current Bulldog QB. Coaches here planned on moving him to Rb.

I have also heard there maybe some consideration to going to Harding. Who knows ? Who cares?
Only those that have meltdowns about kids changing schools
Old 04-12-17, 12:42 PM
Junior Varsity

vikingfan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hmmm, i see Paladin. These pages are burning up with Waid going to WGH, Hubbard, Ursuline, even Labrae but no mention of this Lakeview phenom you refer to...Can you say SOUR GRAPES!!
Old 04-12-17, 03:02 PM
All Ohio

Nothing unusal here. Lakeview QB Rogers was a Jr. this past year -- All-AAC, All County. 6'3, 220. Has a cannon for an arm. Great stats and is being looked at by numerous schools. Waid was always behind him at Lakeview . Rogers was also the backup to star Bulldog QB Marino and started in his place for much of the season leading Lakeview into the playoffs as a Soph. QB. Coaches evaluated Waid to be a better RB than QB. He was buried on the QB charts here. Most here believe Waid transfered for that reason alone. Ask around Lakeview people who know whats happening here over the past few years. Its no secret here. Rogers WAS approached about going to Hubbard too. lol He isn't going anywhere....................

BTW, these pages are full of idiots talking trash about H.S. football. Nothing new there either........................lol
Old 04-12-17, 03:37 PM
Junior Varsity

vikingfan1 is on a distinguished road
You make it up as you go don't you Alan,,,
Old 04-12-17, 03:49 PM
All Ohio

smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
Have to agree that Rogers is a nice looking QB as well. Lakeview should have a nice team as well and this is their window to have a nice run if they can get some guys to develop in the trenches because they definitely have the skill.
Old 04-12-17, 04:02 PM
All Ohio

gotti544 is on a distinguished road
Lakeview has had good skill for years and will again this season, problem is they are weak in the trenches.
Old 04-12-17, 05:09 PM
All Ohio

Lakeview returns a ton of skill this year. Besides Rogers, they have All-AAC & County players Crish (RB), Adair(WR) and starter Munno(WR) and 3 of 5. OL starters. The weak link is now up to 220 and much stronger. They will be better there this year. D is loaded with starters too. Kicker returns . Opener is Howland. Expectations is they will be pretty good this year after falling short one game from making playoffs with 6-4 record despite lots of injuries. Word is the Bulldogs have transfers coming in as well.
Old 04-12-17, 06:31 PM
All World

I hope they get 5 linemen in town. Cause that Rogers kid is indeed good. Not waid good, but good.
Their front 7 on defense was awful as well vs the run. I'm sure they will compete tho. Pav is a good coach with what he has, even though he cries more than a newborn premature child.
Old 04-12-17, 06:52 PM
All Ohio

Three of the 5 starters are back. The LT is now up to 220 ( after playing at 190 last year). One of the transfers is 6'4, 260 last year. No idea how big he is now. Actually the real weak links were the Seniors OL and they are gone. Lakeview should be much better on the OL. And better yet, they lost the Estlak kid to injury and he is back looking very good. Thought he had cancer, but he is well. Bigger and stronger. Four Co-captains elected and kids worked hard off season. They should do well this year. Talent down thru all the grades.
Old 04-12-17, 07:57 PM
All Ohio

Thought they were soft on defense last year. They will need to get alot tougher if they are going to be as good as you think they will be. Too predictable on offense with that kind of skill too.
Old 04-12-17, 08:14 PM
All Ohio

If they were "soft", yet finished 6-4, most here expect them to be better this year with most players back. 7-3 last year would have made the playoffs. Time will tell. I think injuries played a significant factor last year while also being young. I think most out here feel good about 2017. I do.
Old 04-13-17, 09:07 AM
All Ohio

Yes I do think they played soft at times last year and I am not the only one. A record of 6-4 isn't anything to brag about...it is mediocre. Injuries for sure played a part in that but everyone has them so that cancels out from team to team. They will be good this year unless they mess something up, which I wouldn't expect, but in several games they lost and even in some games they won against much smaller schools...it was obvious that got pushed around at times. Maybe these new linemen are better than the old ones and that doesn't happen but then again maybe it does. Teams believe the way to beat Lakeview is to go right at them, so I would suspect you will continue to see teams challenge their toughness. Being 1-0 would significantly help your cause.
Old 04-13-17, 11:11 AM
All Ohio

I agree. Starting 1-0 would help.
Old 04-13-17, 12:02 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Heard the same about cortland last year....
Old 04-13-17, 03:54 PM
All World

Soft kids come from soft coaching.
Old 04-14-17, 12:23 PM
All Ohio

That's what we thought when we have beaten Hubbard, Struthers, Niles, Howland and Poland, but you got to be careful when you say that. They play those games each year for a reason. Lakeview wasn't soft when that happens. Or...........Maybe those teams are just soft when Lakeview beats them...............
Old 04-14-17, 12:24 PM
Freshman

Nomikos is on a distinguished road
Watch out for Mooney this year. The early part of the season will be tough. Cleveland Heights, Hoban, St Fracis Desalle to start. The lines are solid and enough returning starters to make a solid run.
Old 04-18-17, 09:43 AM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomikos View Post
Watch out for Mooney this year. The early part of the season will be tough. Cleveland Heights, Hoban, St Fracis Desalle to start. The lines are solid and enough returning starters to make a solid run.
Tell me why this post is pertinent in a Hubbard thread please, I'm just not getting it. Help me out anybody or everybody.....
Old 04-18-17, 01:35 PM
All World

Quote:
That's what we thought when we have beaten Hubbard, Struthers, Niles, Howland and Poland, but you got to be careful when you say that. They play those games each year for a reason. Lakeview wasn't soft when that happens. Or...........Maybe those teams are just soft when Lakeview beats them...............
Lake view doesn't play a physical brand of football. If you think they do than you are truly more clueless than you've ever been. Which would be a hard feat.
Old 04-18-17, 01:36 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
Tell me why this post is pertinent in a Hubbard thread please, I'm just not getting it. Help me out anybody or everybody.....
Not sure. Maybe cause they played week 11.
Old 04-18-17, 02:45 PM
All Ohio

Spread, I didn't say that. Just observed that Lakeview beats power programs. The Bulldogs are a skill team under Pav. But it's an either or premise. Lakeview can't be soft and beat power programs. As usual some people think they are tough, yet Lakeview walks away with wins over supposed power programs. Can it be that some of those power programs are soft ? Or Lakeview isn't really all that soft ? Bulldogs appear to be a blend of both power and skill this year. Time will tell.....
Old 04-18-17, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
lol

send them here

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthre...ht=mooney+2017
Old 04-19-17, 11:03 PM
All Region

ideliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Spread, I didn't say that. Just observed that Lakeview beats power programs. The Bulldogs are a skill team under Pav. But it's an either or premise. Lakeview can't be soft and beat power programs. As usual some people think they are tough, yet Lakeview walks away with wins over supposed power programs. Can it be that some of those power programs are soft ? Or Lakeview isn't really all that soft ? Bulldogs appear to be a blend of both power and skill this year. Time will tell.....
When was the last time Lakeview won a playoff game?
Old 04-20-17, 11:01 AM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Thank you for your assistance.....
Old 04-20-17, 11:09 AM
All Ohio

SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
Any news about the team HubCapper?
Old 04-20-17, 05:42 PM
All Ohio

roberto21 is on a distinguished road
If the levy fails (and it did the last two times), Pay-to-play is a distinct possibility according to Levy committee and they mentioned that other area schools charge $200, Hubbard will be at least that if not more. No word if administration or staff are willing to pay some of their health and pension costs (as of now it is minimal or zero) or close the administration building which we don't need or ever did need. Busing will be cut, materials and supplies will be cut, class size will increase and lab fees will be charged. Again no cuts from the brass, just kids stuff. They also dodged the question about senior citizens footing their share of the new levy, about $168 on a $100,000 home.
Old 04-20-17, 06:01 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Should have never of put themselves in the position that they're in. Someone needs their head examined.
Old 04-21-17, 10:12 AM
All Ohio

SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
Hubbard can blame Richard Buchenic for a lot of this ridiculous debt!!!! The Reconstruction of Roosevelt school and the build of the Administration building next door was a complete waste of tax payers dollars.....