Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: What do the Browns do with the first pick?
Myles Garrett 24 57.14%
DeShaun Watson 4 9.52%
Mitch Trubisky 4 9.52%
Jonathan Allen 2 4.76%
Pick another player not listed 2 4.76%
Trade the pick 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-17, 06:57 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
The beautiful thing is that they get to do it every damn year because the Browns have a top 5 pick every year.

On the topic of Cleveland sports talk, has it ever been worse? Damn, we have more hosts than ever and it has never been so bad.
It's the home opening day of baseball, the Indians win in the tenth on a hit by Brantley ( who was gone last year), and what is on 92.3? Who will be the Browns quarterback and a lecture about RGIII. Unbelievable!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-17, 10:14 AM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
It's the home opening day of baseball, the Indians win in the tenth on a hit by Brantley ( who was gone last year), and what is on 92.3? Who will be the Browns quarterback and a lecture about RGIII. Unbelievable!
That game might have been one of the most boring games of all time! I wish I was listening to 92.3 instead of watching the Indians.
Old 04-14-17, 06:44 AM
All World

Pass on Kiser

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/2017-...:nbcnews:video
Old 04-17-17, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Anyone on this list that might be signed by the Browns and change draft needs ?

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...1_127_23714251
Old 04-17-17, 04:08 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post

You disagree with the commentator? The headline is misleading. Kiser was in rock and hard place and all the players DO need to develop. He should have come out saying "Yeah, I'm #1?" I'd be happy either but more loyalties to Kiser, so was hoping to see him in this discussion.

It fun that two of the higher rated are Ohio products. Both got stomped by Whitmer but that's just saying.

I'd have to say, Trubisky struck me more, "this game ain't over while I'm breathing," but I hope both do very well.
Old 04-19-17, 10:41 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Interesting chart-

Old 04-19-17, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

Part of that has to be a function of the learning curve at each position, huh ? Monetary investment and typical contract length, too. It is interesting, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

It gets "whiter" as you go right, except for QB. Probably some racism in there somehow.......I just am not qualified to see it....
Old 04-19-17, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
You disagree with the commentator? The headline is misleading. Kiser was in rock and hard place and all the players DO need to develop. He should have come out saying "Yeah, I'm #1?" I'd be happy either but more loyalties to Kiser, so was hoping to see him in this discussion.

It fun that two of the higher rated are Ohio products. Both got stomped by Whitmer but that's just saying.

I'd have to say, Trubisky struck me more, "this game ain't over while I'm breathing," but I hope both do very well.
Where did that Whitmer trophy end up ? Propping open the janitor's closet at the OHSAA offices ?
Old 04-19-17, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

Article with some more similar charts-

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral...ml#incart_2box
Old 04-24-17, 10:14 AM
All Yappi

Well, it is the week of the draft. I can't imagine them not taking Garrett at this point. It is classic Browns to be in this position in a down year for QBs.

I could see then using the 12 pick and some of their other draft capital to move up and take Trubisky if they're sold on him. It will be very interesting to see what SF and the Jets do, as they could make a dent in the QB pool and alter the Browns plan.
Old 04-24-17, 11:38 AM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
They better take Garrett at #1 or it will be a huge mistake. All this QB talk has me scared that they may take a QB at #1. That would be a huge mistake.

I guess I'm ok with a QB at #12 or trading up slightly for a QB, but not at #1.

I would like them to take Garrett at #1 and then the best available at #12 with an emphasis on DB. Who else do we have in the defensive backfield besides Haden (who I think is also in the twilight of his career)?
Old 04-24-17, 11:55 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
IMO it will be telling if they take Trubisky with their second pick. That would be a very clear indication IMO that they are not sold on him as their franchise QB. If they're sold on him (which I don't think they should be), they should take him #1 overall.
Old 04-25-17, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

Aaron Goldhammer is the only guy on Cleveland sports radio that is dumber than Chris Fedor
Old 04-25-17, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Aaron Goldhammer is the only guy on Cleveland sports radio that is dumber than Chris Fedor
That's not fair! It's a coin flip.

Goldhammer is married to the "move-the-needle" mentality taught in journalism school. He tries waaaaay too hard to be edgy and goes to ridiculous lengths trying to play the role of contrarian. Except he isn't good at it because he's mostly clueless. He forgets another Journalism 101 lesson: localize. There's a way to get a differing viewpoint across without sounding like an arrogant azz. One thing I've noticed the second time around with Tony Rizzo: he isn't so dismissive of Goldhammer's BS. He's calling him on it more often. I loved the one show where he flat-out told Goldhammer that his afternoon show was a failure. As program director, Goldhammer broke up a very effective Rizzo/Je'Rod Cherry team so he could be relevant again on the air. Nothing has changed except the time he goes on the air. If you suck, you suck, no matter what day part you're on.

As for Fedor, Northeast Ohio Media hired him because they thought he would bring in younger readers. Word is, the other reporters regard him as a neophyte and respect the dirt on the bottom of their shoes more than his writing.
Old 04-25-17, 09:54 AM
All Yappi

Great call on "-hammer" and moving the needle.

In kicking the Trubisky can further down the road, I just heard that little goofball say, "....The last time Mitchell played in NEO, he was defeating the mighty St Ignatius Wildcats and...and... somebody else (St. Ed) against the odds! Maybe the next time he plays here, it will be against the Steelers on September 10th ?!?!"

What a hack idiot. The one main gripe against Trubisky is that the kid only played 13 college games, and this abject moron wants him starting this September ? It's high comedy, I'll say that. He just doesn't know it. The fact that goofs like him end up behind our mid-market mics is why weak coaches get public pressure to make stupid moves.

Remember Fedor swinging on RGIII's jock and wailing about the Browns' "FAILURE!!" to outbid Dan Snyder for that year's second pick and BobGriff rights ? IDIOT!!

100% agreement on Rizzo/Cherry together, too. Baskin/Phelps will always be smarter local sports radio, but the best conversations Rizzo has had in a long time came when Cherry was in there with him. The intelligent retired pro athlete made a great foil, and complimented the Rizzo shtick, local history sense, and candor pretty well.

Aaron Goldhammer is probably schlobbin' on Craig Karmazin so hard that he'll run the thing into the ground, Rizzo will split, and it will be 100% robo-ESPN-radio in 2 years. He sucks.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 04-25-17 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: 100%.....
Old 04-25-17, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

I'm thinking Gareon Conley's out.
Old 04-25-17, 01:29 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Cleveland people take sports talk radio so seriously.
Old 04-25-17, 06:38 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Cleveland people take sports talk radio so seriously.
It's because we don't have stirring, intellectual radio hosts like Cincinnati's Bill Cunningham
Old 04-26-17, 08:04 AM
All Yappi

My best guess is Garrett at #1. Then they use the #12 pick, the first pick in the second and a 4th or 5th rounder to move up to the 5th pick and get a later 4th or 5th, then they use the pick for Trubisky.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 04-26-17 at 08:19 AM..
Old 04-26-17, 08:08 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm thinking Gareon Conley's out.
Eh....she didn't file a police report, and some that were present are calling BS. The claim is that she was just salty for being asked to leave the hotel room. Not sure he was being looked at by the Browns, but I doubt this hurts him much.
Old 04-26-17, 08:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
My best guess is Garrett at #1. Then they use the #12 pick, the first pick in the second and a 4th or 5th rounder to move up to the 5th pick and get a later 4th or 5th, then they use the pick for Trubisky.
I hope not. Not sure that they have to. They need to really like him to spend more than the #12 on him. They have no "extra" picks.

This guy was a second-rounder just 8-10 weeks ago, before the annual "QB creep" up the draft boards began.
Old 04-26-17, 08:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I hope not. Not sure that they have to. They need to really like him to spend more than the #12 on him. They have no "extra" picks.

This guy was a second-rounder just 8-10 weeks ago, before the annual "QB creep" up the draft boards began.
I agree, but I think we'll see a similar deal to that. They'll panic thinking the Jets are going to take "their guy."
Old 04-26-17, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree, but I think we'll see a similar deal to that. They'll panic thinking the Jets are going to take "their guy."
Remind me why we think he is "their guy".....

I'd rather roll the dice on Jay Cutler/Osweiler/Kessler for a year and trade up (hopefully , but don't care) for Darnold
Old 04-26-17, 08:49 AM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
I can see another Browns draft day blunder by selecting Myles Garrett with the first pick
Old 04-26-17, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
I can see another Browns draft day blunder by selecting Myles Garrett with the first pick
You, joesports, and Warren Sapp.......

Lofty company there, buck-o !
Old 04-26-17, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Remind me why we think he is "their guy".....

I'd rather roll the dice on Jay Cutler/Osweiler/Kessler for a year and trade up (hopefully , but don't care) for Darnold
I'm not sure Trubisky is "their guy." I used it in the general sense, but i suspect they have "a guy" and he's my best guess.

I think Darnold may well fall like others in his shoes who were "clear" early picks projecting out a year, only to play the year, get scrutinized, get his weaknesses exposed, and slide down the board, a la Watson, Connor Cook, etc..
Old 04-26-17, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm not sure Trubisky is "their guy." I used it in the general sense, but i suspect they have "a guy" and he's my best guess.

I think Darnold may well fall like others in his shoes who were "clear" early picks projecting out a year, only to play the year, get scrutinized, get his weaknesses exposed, and slide down the board, a la Watson, Connor Cook, etc..
Well, if he does, they should not reach for him, either.
Old 04-27-17, 04:29 AM
All American

Quote:
You, joesports, and Warren Sapp.......

Lofty company there, buck-o !
Garrett scares me, all world talent, but does not play like it all (most) of the time. I really hope I am wrong ... because it looks like the Browns are going to take him.
Old 04-27-17, 04:39 AM
All American

joesports Browns mock draft

** Trade #1 for #5, #18 and a 3rd round pick
** Trade #12, and 3rd round for #8

Picks are in
1(5) Hooker S OSU
1(8) Trubisky QB UNC
1(18) McKinnley DE UCLA
2(33) Peppers S Michigan
2(52) Mixon RB Oklahoma (or Sumuel)
3(65) King CB Iowa
4(108) Orlosky C WVU
5(145) Kupp WR EWash
5(175) Shaheen TE Ashland
5(181) Rogers FB Virgina Tech
6(185) Robinette WR Air Force
6(188) Nickerson LB Illinois
Old 04-27-17, 08:06 AM
All Ohio

Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
^ Other than taking Trubisky about 32 picks too soon, that's a draft that will only happen in your dreams. Everything I've read is that McKinnley is an OLB in the NFL. Not sure if you're picking on talent or positional need. And no way in hell are the Titans trading 2 1st and a 3rd to move up 4 spots for someone who isn't an Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, John Elway.