Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-16-17, 08:16 AM
All District

Cannoli137 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Some school called Youngstown Ursuline. They're pretty good and have a tad bid of tradition. Then there is a school not far away from them named Mooney? Word is they don't suck....
Those 2 programs should always be at the top of anyone's lists, no matter what division they are in. I'm not one who cares much about the public schools vs private school BS, these two programs have the tradition & their records speak for themselves.
I don't think it would be hard to pick a pre-season top 5, in D-4, but who is going to be that team that surprises everyone?
Old 04-16-17, 08:33 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Successful* haha
But look man. I watch the best teams in the state. No one in the aac is competing for a state title. Hubbard will be very good. In the region maybe. Not the state. That's just the difference. Same for my cats. I expect a week 11 game but no way do they win a state title. I just feel like you gotta earn the right to be in these conversations and Hubbard and struthers have not. Yet. Hopefully that changes.
I know brother but that's the mindset we have to change in our respective communities. Last year Struthers had one of the best and definitely the biggest offensive line in D4. Combine with a do everything big mobile QB. Your telling me they couldn't make noise? I understand the ball doesn't always bounce your way but from a talent perspective, Struthers imo was level with the field. Woodridge, Perry, Mooney were all of comparable talent in the region last season. Get out of the region and you have Steubenville. A team you guys scrimmage pretty tough every season and the same team that lost to a so so svsm team in the regular season. These teams are beatable spread. If you have the horses your already 70% of the way there. The other 30% is a combination of coaching and luck. In 2008 Hubbard lost 14-7 on a last second touchdown vs Aurora
In the regional semi final. Aurora won state that year. Hubbard was their closest game. Hubbard had the horses to win D3 in 2014 but that other 30% of coaching and luck let them down. Being in D4 makes a big difference imo. Although it's tough, this isn't as strong as D3 was a few years ago top to bottom. Now if only we can get our ADs on board to beef up the OOC. We'd really be in business.
Old 04-16-17, 08:45 PM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannoli137 View Post
I can't name a D4 team that had 80 members, during the regular season. Now when it comes playoff time, a lot of schools will dress their Freshman. You of all people should understand that, because most of them played in the 4th quarter.
idk about this upcoming season but Massie has fielded teams in the 80s in the past. I know one year they were approaching 100 in grades 9-12. I don't know if they ever got there but they had a load of kids on the sideline.
Old 04-17-17, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
Some school called Youngstown Ursuline. They're pretty good and have a tad bid of tradition. Then there is a school not far away from them named Mooney? Word is they don't suck....
That only took 4 days.....

I'm not sure what kind of impact either will have this year. My guess is neither wins their region.
Old 04-23-17, 12:53 AM
All American

Old Stubber
Mooney has one of the tougher Div 4 schedules this year but they have the history to always be a top contender. With Hartley and Alter out of the division this year, I would look mostly at Big Red, Mooney, and Massie.