Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-06-17, 03:04 PM
All Ohio

CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
New Ohio Prospect Rankings from Triple Double Prospects

Check out our updated junior, sophomore and freshmen prospect rankings at Triple Double Prospects: http://bit.ly/2oJYRRH
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-17, 03:53 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Why? What's your credibility?
Old 04-07-17, 12:10 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Why? What's your credibility?
I just draw names out of a hat usually. Considering it's totally random I think these rankings are pretty impressive.
Old 04-07-17, 05:55 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
I'm betting a pretty small hat. Now, if you want people to actually have a reason to look, what's your credibility?
Old 04-07-17, 06:24 AM
All District

JAS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
I'm betting a pretty small hat. Now, if you want people to actually have a reason to look, what's your credibility?
Corey has been on the high school basketball scene for years. Well known and respected among high school coaches and college coaches throughout the state of Ohio.
Old 04-07-17, 06:51 AM
All Region

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
I have one bone to pick with you Corey. How do you leave Darweshi Hunter off the list and the honorable mention. He played with Bazley and was the leading scorer (17.5 pts) all season long. He kept Princeton respectful while Bazley had to sit out 11 games

But eastisbest Corey has a lot of credibility in SWO high school basketball
Old 04-07-17, 12:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
I have one bone to pick with you Corey. How do you leave Darweshi Hunter off the list and the honorable mention. He played with Bazley and was the leading scorer (17.5 pts) all season long. He kept Princeton respectful while Bazley had to sit out 11 games
Darweshi is a good player. I personally don't think he's quite at the level of some of the ranked guys; but still a very good HS player (17.5 PPG is impressive of course).

On my lists that college coaches pay for his name is absolutely on there. Those lists have around 20 prospects per position per grade.
Old 04-07-17, 03:05 PM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
Any list that has Higgins of VASJ and Bothwell of CCA both ranked 8th at their positions loses my respect right off the bat.
Old 04-07-17, 06:08 PM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Any list that has Higgins of VASJ and Bothwell of CCA both ranked 8th at their positions loses my respect right off the bat.
These aren't ranking the best high school players. They are ranking the best college prospects.

No doubt Higgins and Bothwell are two of the top of their positions.

This could possibly be why.
Old 04-09-17, 05:19 AM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Andre Gordon is a PG. Not sure why you list him as a SG.
Old 04-09-17, 08:40 AM
All Region

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
I'm sure Corey expected to hear from all us 'experts' when he publishes his rankings. I don't follow high school rankings that close but I do follow some 2019 and 2020 kids from the Dayton area. The 2019 class is loaded with guards but a lot of talent up and down that list. I was a little surprised to see Jordan Mitchell on the list since he goes to Montverde Academy in Florida but I guess he's from Ohio so that's why he's ranked. And Lawal is going to be special, Walnut Hills will be one of the early favorites to out of SW Ohio next year IMO.

And there is a kid in the 2020 class you may not have ranked or heard of now but by the end of the spring season you probably will. He plays on the same 2020 AAU team with PF/C you ranked Smith and Ward on one of the All Ohio teams. He's a guard from the Dayton area but if you watch that team play a few times you will know who I am talking about. They have a few nice players on that team.

One thing about All Ohio AAU teams. It used to be Red and Black and now there are so many 'All Ohio' teams you can't keep up with them. There are at least 4-5 in almost every tournament now, you can't keep track of them. Just my personal opinion but sometimes less is more......
Old 04-09-17, 11:05 AM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Good list Corey. The shots at Corey are from people who seem to want their guys or players from their region to be rated higher. I know more than a few people that subscribe to his service, he is respected and works hard at it. Certainly these lists are subjective. Look at NBA and NFL drafts, those people who are paid big money to compile lists aren't always perfect and sometimes kids/people change. Keep up the good work Corey.
Old 04-09-17, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
I'd guess based off of athleticism and scoring ability. I thought it was interesting that he rated the three GWOC guys (Davis, Curtis, Gordon) 1-2-3 at the same spot. I'd argue those three guys are all top 7-8 prospects for this class in Ohio.
Old 04-09-17, 11:34 AM
All American

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Friday View Post
I'm sure Corey expected to hear from all us 'experts' when he publishes his rankings. I don't follow high school rankings that close but I do follow some 2019 and 2020 kids from the Dayton area. The 2019 class is loaded with guards but a lot of talent up and down that list. I was a little surprised to see Jordan Mitchell on the list since he goes to Montverde Academy in Florida but I guess he's from Ohio so that's why he's ranked. And Lawal is going to be special, Walnut Hills will be one of the early favorites to out of SW Ohio next year IMO.

And there is a kid in the 2020 class you may not have ranked or heard of now but by the end of the spring season you probably will. He plays on the same 2020 AAU team with PF/C you ranked Smith and Ward on one of the All Ohio teams. He's a guard from the Dayton area but if you watch that team play a few times you will know who I am talking about. They have a few nice players on that team.

One thing about All Ohio AAU teams. It used to be Red and Black and now there are so many 'All Ohio' teams you can't keep up with them. There are at least 4-5 in almost every tournament now, you can't keep track of them. Just my personal opinion but sometimes less is more......
I don't think Lawal even played for Walnut Hills this past season--what makes you think he is playing there in 2017-18? I believe CPS passed a rule that says athletes have to attend classes at the building to participate, not live in Oxford like Lawal, and then attend practice each day--maybe someone can clarify that.
Old 04-09-17, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I'd guess based off of athleticism and scoring ability. I thought it was interesting that he rated the three GWOC guys (Davis, Curtis, Gordon) 1-2-3 at the same spot. I'd argue those three guys are all top 7-8 prospects for this class in Ohio.
I suppose but with his passing ability and number of assists in two seasons I'd think he would be a natural PG.
Old 04-09-17, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I suppose but with his passing ability and number of assists in two seasons I'd think he would be a natural PG.
Out of curiosity, do you know which he prefers between basketball and football? Kid seems likely to be at least a high 3-star/low 4-star in both; PG/SG in hoops and QB/ATH on the gridiron. Kind of seems like the rare case where a kid could conceivably go play both somewhere.
Old 04-09-17, 05:18 PM
All Region

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
New Ohio Prospect Rankings from Triple Double Prospects

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

Last edited by Sgt Friday; 04-10-17 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-10-17, 12:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Andre is definitely a combo guard, and I can see him being listed at either position. On my list to college coaches I include combo positions, and that's where he falls.

If I had to put him in one spot, I'd put him as a shooting guard, but it's close. Irregardless, Andre is without a doubt one of the premiere guards in Ohio in the 2019 class.

Someone said it above, the GWOC has a lot of talent in that class on the perimeter with Andre, Samari Curtis and Amari Davis.
Old 04-11-17, 06:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
Andre is definitely a combo guard, and I can see him being listed at either position. On my list to college coaches I include combo positions, and that's where he falls.

If I had to put him in one spot, I'd put him as a shooting guard, but it's close. Irregardless, Andre is without a doubt one of the premiere guards in Ohio in the 2019 class.

Someone said it above, the GWOC has a lot of talent in that class on the perimeter with Andre, Samari Curtis and Amari Davis.
Makes sense when you put it that way.
Old 04-11-17, 07:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Out of curiosity, do you know which he prefers between basketball and football? Kid seems likely to be at least a high 3-star/low 4-star in both; PG/SG in hoops and QB/ATH on the gridiron. Kind of seems like the rare case where a kid could conceivably go play both somewhere.
Honestly? I have no idea. When he was coming up in junior high, most assumed basketball was his best sport and would likely carry him furthest. That was before he was thrust into the starting QB position as a freshman after one game and eventually led the team to their first winning season in over a decade.

My guess is he'll continue to play both and decide based on the offers he has in each sport. A bit behind the curve in football after missing last season but still two years left to build a solid resume. Pretty sure he has visited OSU for both sports, at least unofficially.
Old 04-11-17, 12:29 PM
All District

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
I don't think Lawal even played for Walnut Hills this past season--what makes you think he is playing there in 2017-18? I believe CPS passed a rule that says athletes have to attend classes at the building to participate, not live in Oxford like Lawal, and then attend practice each day--maybe someone can clarify that.
There is no doubt that Lawal will be playing for Walnut next season. He is attending school there now and practiced with the team after moving back from Delaware.