Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-17, 03:04 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 792
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
New Ohio Prospect Rankings from Triple Double Prospects

Check out our updated junior, sophomore and freshmen prospect rankings at Triple Double Prospects: http://bit.ly/2oJYRRH
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-06-17, 03:53 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 16,154
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Why? What's your credibility?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-17, 12:10 AM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 792
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Why? What's your credibility?
I just draw names out of a hat usually. Considering it's totally random I think these rankings are pretty impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-17, 05:55 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 16,154
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
I'm betting a pretty small hat. Now, if you want people to actually have a reason to look, what's your credibility?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-17, 06:24 AM
JAS JAS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Location: Dayton
Posts: 154
JAS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
I'm betting a pretty small hat. Now, if you want people to actually have a reason to look, what's your credibility?
Corey has been on the high school basketball scene for years. Well known and respected among high school coaches and college coaches throughout the state of Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-17, 06:51 AM
Vike16 Vike16 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-08-15
Posts: 268
Vike16 is on a distinguished road
I have one bone to pick with you Corey. How do you leave Darweshi Hunter off the list and the honorable mention. He played with Bazley and was the leading scorer (17.5 pts) all season long. He kept Princeton respectful while Bazley had to sit out 11 games

But eastisbest Corey has a lot of credibility in SWO high school basketball
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-17, 12:36 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 792
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
I have one bone to pick with you Corey. How do you leave Darweshi Hunter off the list and the honorable mention. He played with Bazley and was the leading scorer (17.5 pts) all season long. He kept Princeton respectful while Bazley had to sit out 11 games
Darweshi is a good player. I personally don't think he's quite at the level of some of the ranked guys; but still a very good HS player (17.5 PPG is impressive of course).

On my lists that college coaches pay for his name is absolutely on there. Those lists have around 20 prospects per position per grade.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-17, 03:05 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,181
Bball216 is on a distinguished road
Any list that has Higgins of VASJ and Bothwell of CCA both ranked 8th at their positions loses my respect right off the bat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-07-17, 06:08 PM
afwpatfire afwpatfire is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Stark County
Posts: 3,731
afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Any list that has Higgins of VASJ and Bothwell of CCA both ranked 8th at their positions loses my respect right off the bat.
These aren't ranking the best high school players. They are ranking the best college prospects.

No doubt Higgins and Bothwell are two of the top of their positions.

This could possibly be why.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-09-17, 05:19 AM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: The Hive
Posts: 29,706
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Andre Gordon is a PG. Not sure why you list him as a SG.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-09-17, 08:40 AM
Sgt Friday Sgt Friday is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-05
Posts: 468
Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
I'm sure Corey expected to hear from all us 'experts' when he publishes his rankings. I don't follow high school rankings that close but I do follow some 2019 and 2020 kids from the Dayton area. The 2019 class is loaded with guards but a lot of talent up and down that list. I was a little surprised to see Jordan Mitchell on the list since he goes to Montverde Academy in Florida but I guess he's from Ohio so that's why he's ranked. And Lawal is going to be special, Walnut Hills will be one of the early favorites to out of SW Ohio next year IMO.

And there is a kid in the 2020 class you may not have ranked or heard of now but by the end of the spring season you probably will. He plays on the same 2020 AAU team with PF/C you ranked Smith and Ward on one of the All Ohio teams. He's a guard from the Dayton area but if you watch that team play a few times you will know who I am talking about. They have a few nice players on that team.

One thing about All Ohio AAU teams. It used to be Red and Black and now there are so many 'All Ohio' teams you can't keep up with them. There are at least 4-5 in almost every tournament now, you can't keep track of them. Just my personal opinion but sometimes less is more......
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-09-17, 11:05 AM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,100
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Good list Corey. The shots at Corey are from people who seem to want their guys or players from their region to be rated higher. I know more than a few people that subscribe to his service, he is respected and works hard at it. Certainly these lists are subjective. Look at NBA and NFL drafts, those people who are paid big money to compile lists aren't always perfect and sometimes kids/people change. Keep up the good work Corey.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-09-17, 11:32 AM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 5,888
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Andre Gordon is a PG. Not sure why you list him as a SG.
I'd guess based off of athleticism and scoring ability. I thought it was interesting that he rated the three GWOC guys (Davis, Curtis, Gordon) 1-2-3 at the same spot. I'd argue those three guys are all top 7-8 prospects for this class in Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-09-17, 11:34 AM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,189
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Friday View Post
I'm sure Corey expected to hear from all us 'experts' when he publishes his rankings. I don't follow high school rankings that close but I do follow some 2019 and 2020 kids from the Dayton area. The 2019 class is loaded with guards but a lot of talent up and down that list. I was a little surprised to see Jordan Mitchell on the list since he goes to Montverde Academy in Florida but I guess he's from Ohio so that's why he's ranked. And Lawal is going to be special, Walnut Hills will be one of the early favorites to out of SW Ohio next year IMO.

And there is a kid in the 2020 class you may not have ranked or heard of now but by the end of the spring season you probably will. He plays on the same 2020 AAU team with PF/C you ranked Smith and Ward on one of the All Ohio teams. He's a guard from the Dayton area but if you watch that team play a few times you will know who I am talking about. They have a few nice players on that team.

One thing about All Ohio AAU teams. It used to be Red and Black and now there are so many 'All Ohio' teams you can't keep up with them. There are at least 4-5 in almost every tournament now, you can't keep track of them. Just my personal opinion but sometimes less is more......
I don't think Lawal even played for Walnut Hills this past season--what makes you think he is playing there in 2017-18? I believe CPS passed a rule that says athletes have to attend classes at the building to participate, not live in Oxford like Lawal, and then attend practice each day--maybe someone can clarify that.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-09-17, 02:05 PM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: The Hive
Posts: 29,706
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I'd guess based off of athleticism and scoring ability. I thought it was interesting that he rated the three GWOC guys (Davis, Curtis, Gordon) 1-2-3 at the same spot. I'd argue those three guys are all top 7-8 prospects for this class in Ohio.
I suppose but with his passing ability and number of assists in two seasons I'd think he would be a natural PG.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-09-17, 02:41 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 5,888
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
I suppose but with his passing ability and number of assists in two seasons I'd think he would be a natural PG.
Out of curiosity, do you know which he prefers between basketball and football? Kid seems likely to be at least a high 3-star/low 4-star in both; PG/SG in hoops and QB/ATH on the gridiron. Kind of seems like the rare case where a kid could conceivably go play both somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-09-17, 05:18 PM
Sgt Friday Sgt Friday is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-05
Posts: 468
Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
New Ohio Prospect Rankings from Triple Double Prospects

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

Last edited by Sgt Friday; 04-10-17 at 08:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-10-17, 12:41 PM
CoreyAlbertson513 CoreyAlbertson513 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-10
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 792
CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Andre Gordon is a PG. Not sure why you list him as a SG.
Andre is definitely a combo guard, and I can see him being listed at either position. On my list to college coaches I include combo positions, and that's where he falls.

If I had to put him in one spot, I'd put him as a shooting guard, but it's close. Irregardless, Andre is without a doubt one of the premiere guards in Ohio in the 2019 class.

Someone said it above, the GWOC has a lot of talent in that class on the perimeter with Andre, Samari Curtis and Amari Davis.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-11-17, 06:51 AM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: The Hive
Posts: 29,706
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
Andre is definitely a combo guard, and I can see him being listed at either position. On my list to college coaches I include combo positions, and that's where he falls.

If I had to put him in one spot, I'd put him as a shooting guard, but it's close. Irregardless, Andre is without a doubt one of the premiere guards in Ohio in the 2019 class.

Someone said it above, the GWOC has a lot of talent in that class on the perimeter with Andre, Samari Curtis and Amari Davis.
Makes sense when you put it that way.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-11-17, 07:01 AM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: The Hive
Posts: 29,706
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Out of curiosity, do you know which he prefers between basketball and football? Kid seems likely to be at least a high 3-star/low 4-star in both; PG/SG in hoops and QB/ATH on the gridiron. Kind of seems like the rare case where a kid could conceivably go play both somewhere.
Honestly? I have no idea. When he was coming up in junior high, most assumed basketball was his best sport and would likely carry him furthest. That was before he was thrust into the starting QB position as a freshman after one game and eventually led the team to their first winning season in over a decade.

My guess is he'll continue to play both and decide based on the offers he has in each sport. A bit behind the curve in football after missing last season but still two years left to build a solid resume. Pretty sure he has visited OSU for both sports, at least unofficially.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-11-17, 12:29 PM
deuces dad deuces dad is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-30-12
Posts: 244
deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
I don't think Lawal even played for Walnut Hills this past season--what makes you think he is playing there in 2017-18? I believe CPS passed a rule that says athletes have to attend classes at the building to participate, not live in Oxford like Lawal, and then attend practice each day--maybe someone can clarify that.
There is no doubt that Lawal will be playing for Walnut next season. He is attending school there now and practiced with the team after moving back from Delaware.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio Falls to Missouri 35-7 90goldeneagle Wrestling 34 12-13-16 12:38 PM
AJ KOWAL makes Farge Greco Finals! Danimal Dan Wrestling 23 08-02-14 06:08 AM
2014 Grand River Rumble BHiatt Wrestling 2 07-23-14 03:16 PM
Cadet National Championships - Fargo North Dakota jarhead2 Wrestling 60 07-22-14 05:37 PM
Thank You SchoolBoy Duals Staff keithcarter Wrestling 10 06-10-14 11:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz