Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-07-17, 09:21 AM
Varsity

cincysoccerdad1 is on a distinguished road
Rose

Anyone that watched Rose play extensively at the youth levels, which I was fortunate enough to do, knows that she is an incredibly talented, hard working young lady. Those who choose to degrade her are either flat out trolls (fleeced), jealous, or ignorant - or likely some combination of the three. She was and is SPECIAL as a soccer player, so she carried the burden of being better than all of her teammates, even when she was playing in older age groups. As a parent of multiple daughters, I realize how challenging and complicated that can be. In my estimation, she always handled the situation with class. The kid just wanted to be an elite soccer player, and she was willing to work (tirelessly) toward that outcome, and somehow she is criticized for it. Hopefully, everybody in the Cincinnati community will rally behind one of our own, as she will seemingly be a pillar for the WNT for the foreseeable future.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-17, 10:35 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
In preparation for two upcoming friendlies against Russia, the U.S. women’s national team played the FC Dallas U-15 boys academy team on Sunday and fell 5-2, according to FC Dallas’ official website. This friendly came as the U.S. looked to tune up before taking on Russia on Thursday night in a friendly. Just last month the U.S. lost the SheBelieves Cup, winning the first game over Germany 1-0 before losing to England (1-0) and France (3-0). Of course, this match against the academy team was very informal and should not be a major cause for alarm. The U.S. surely wasn’t going all out, with the main goal being to get some minutes on the pitch, build chemistry when it comes to moving the ball ...
What good could come to the USWNT in playing this match informal or not I see no upside to it no matter the outcome. Why not play the USWNT U20, U19 or even vs another National team. Just doesnt make sense to me at all.
Old 04-07-17, 11:24 AM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
What good could come to the USWNT in playing this match informal or not I see no upside to it no matter the outcome. Why not play the USWNT U20, U19 or even vs another National team. Just doesnt make sense to me at all.
Didn't have to fly them in or pay them in any way, and speed of play is much higher. Nice prep for a slow Russian team.
Old 04-07-17, 12:28 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
She worked so hard to become an elite soccer player that she forgot about those around her. SOCCER IS A TEAM SPORT! That is and has been the problem with the girls side. How about stop creating the super athlete and help these kids understand TEAM!
Old 04-09-17, 09:34 AM
All District

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
She looks like a good team player to me and everyone else in the soccer world. Sounds like you have an old grudge or something. I know many of her former teammates and everyone seems to have nothing but great things about her as a team.

This non-sense about all players being selfish today is rubbish. If anything the monetization of youth sports and an IMG youth sports culture are biggest game changer.
Old 04-09-17, 10:49 AM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
She worked so hard to become an elite soccer player that she forgot about those around her. SOCCER IS A TEAM SPORT! That is and has been the problem with the girls side. How about stop creating the super athlete and help these kids understand TEAM!
Nice to see that you are still hiding behind your keyboard … and I would be Soccer John not Soccer Joe.
Old 04-10-17, 06:25 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
We can revisit the Rose discussion at a future date. Let's see how she and the team performs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: