Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-24-17, 08:32 PM
All Region

Gameday10 is on a distinguished road
Winning shuts everyone up.....

I've been around long enough to know you don't speak out at the almighty CUP.
It will come back to haunt you somehow.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-17, 06:21 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameday10 View Post
Winning shuts everyone up.....

I've been around long enough to know you don't speak out at the almighty CUP.
It will come back to haunt you somehow.
I had a nice day catching up with some old friends today. Nice to be reminded Scientology and soccer don't actually have to go together.

Also got a message for DK and SB... You can't hide him. I haven't seen him this angry in awhile, what if he decides not to deliver for you?

Last edited by 2731; 03-28-17 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Monday night fiasco.
Old 03-28-17, 01:23 PM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
I had a nice day catching up with some old friends today. Nice to be reminded Scientology and soccer don't actually have to go together.

Also got a message for DK and SB... You can't hide him. I haven't seen him this angry in awhile, what if he decides not to deliver for you?
What exactly does this mean?
Old 03-28-17, 02:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
What exactly does this mean?
PM and introduce yourself. I can explain there.
Old 08-02-17, 09:37 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
Give us an update on Nationals.

16-and-Under Boys Best Eleven.

Brennan Callow
CUP Gold 01 (OH-S)
Defender
Angelo Oquendo
Raiders FC (IL)
Forward
Case Cox
Javanon 2001 Black (KY)
Midfield
Sam Kunkemoeller
CUP Gold 01 (OH-S)
Forward
Dane Harmaty
Phila Ukrainian Nationals 01 Black Premier (PA-E)
Forward
Logan Stoltenborg
Lobos Rush 01 Premier (TN)
Midfield
Brandon Brackett
Midfield
Alejandro Rodriguez
Tampa Bay United (FL)
Forward
Gustavo Jimenez-Guzman
Defender
Jeffrey Copper*
Tampa Bay United
Forward
Angel Franco
WCFC Armour 2001
Forward
Team performed better than anyone's expectation. Never did fix the offensive issues all season and it cost us in the semi finals. SK was credited with a goal that was an obvious own goal. He actually only scored 1 and had no assists. His best 11 spot belongs with JPG, with 2 goals and 2 assists. BC played his heart out. More guest players scored than actual team members. Possession was heavily in favor of all opponents, in all games. Yet the boys still found a way. We were completely out coached in the semis. We actually beat the Champs in group play (you can watch how on youtube). Defense may not win championships but its good for third.

That's the report.

(one more thing.... check LOBOS record and scores, then explain how they got 3 in the best 11... I'll be collecting your quizzes at the end of the term.)

Last edited by 2731; 08-02-17 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-02-17, 10:21 AM
All Region

SK won it before he got to Texas....
Not sure how he gets all the glory. There has been plenty of other CUP players that likely deserve some attention.

If you rate past CUP players to the current SK can't hold a candle to them.
But Daddy is the president and is always on the sideline each and every game.

Not sure why the coaches allow it but they do. One coach wanted nothing to do with Daddy K input or sideline crap and he is no longer the coach. He was likely the best coach ever to come through the CUP system but has moved on and is very successful in Atlanta.
Old 08-02-17, 10:25 AM
All District

Quote:
SK won it before he got to Texas....
Not sure how he gets all the glory. There has been plenty of other CUP players that likely deserve some attention.

If you rate past CUP players to the current SK can't hold a candle to them.
But Daddy is the president and is always on the sideline each and every game.

Not sure why the coaches allow it but they do. One coach wanted nothing to do with Daddy K input or sideline crap and he is no longer the coach. He was likely the best coach ever to come through the CUP system but has moved on and is very successful in Atlanta.
I have no doubt that Chris would have delivered the finals for the '01s. Literally none.
Old 08-02-17, 01:02 PM
Varsity

soccerlogic is on a distinguished road
Can someone give an update on how the CUP U18 B did at Nationals? From Twitter they finished #6. That was a very talented group, what happened? I'm guessing they were out coached... ha
Old 08-02-17, 01:14 PM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerlogic View Post
Can someone give an update on how the CUP U18 B did at Nationals? From Twitter they finished #6. That was a very talented group, what happened? I'm guessing they were out coached... ha
Won 1 Lost 2. They lost to the two teams who met in the finals. Close matches just did not put enough in the back of the net.

Last edited by Happygoluckky; 08-02-17 at 01:28 PM..
Old 08-02-17, 08:49 PM
All Region

Go figure a CUP team that can't score....

The club spends 24/7 tweeting about just about everything maybe they should teach some players how to score.
Old 08-02-17, 10:28 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Go figure a CUP team that can't score....

The club spends 24/7 tweeting about just about everything maybe they should teach some players how to score.
So tweeting has an affect on coaching?
Old 08-02-17, 11:36 PM
All District

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Reality check: we are bad mouthing two teams who made Nationals. Top 8 non DA teams in the country. This is ridiculous.
Old 08-03-17, 05:50 AM
All Ohio

Not my intention at all to bad mouth any teams. CUP 18s had three nail biter games that literally went to the final whistle. The two teams that beat them met again in the finals. From my vantage point the spread between the teams competing at Nationals was very thin...one different bounce and the National Champion does not get out of the bracket. Overall, a very impressive accomplishment for CUP to place this many teams in Nationals and have this level of success.
Old 08-03-17, 08:12 AM
All District

For the '01s I just gave you the facts. If that's "bad mouthing" then I guess you might be thinking CUP plays a different style than they actually do. The boys found a way all season and were very successful. That is a testament to the players. A "game plan" would have helped in some key matchups. They aren't coached that way. The team definitely encountered opponents that watched video and had a plan against them. There was little in the way of adjustment on these occasions. I'm just saying, there could have been, the resources were present.
Old 08-03-17, 11:54 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
For the '01s I just gave you the facts. If that's "bad mouthing" then I guess you might be thinking CUP plays a different style than they actually do. The boys found a way all season and were very successful. That is a testament to the players. A "game plan" would have helped in some key matchups. They aren't coached that way. The team definitely encountered opponents that watched video and had a plan against them. There was little in the way of adjustment on these occasions. I'm just saying, there could have been, the resources were present.
sounds like bad mouthing to me.
Old 08-03-17, 12:39 PM
All Region

I think the CUP teams that advanced during Nationals did a nice job. You can't expect good coaching when the folks on the sideline have a different agenda.

How does SK get credit for the own goal?

How does SK get top 11 when he played average at best and others out played him?

The Callow kid played his butt off and deserves the top 11.

How does SK go to college camps and the DA goes with him along with his Dad?

Does the DA go to all the players college camps?

Several years ago there was a coach at CUP that was getting paid behind the scenes by several dads. He was a very good coach and well known in the area. CUP ended up letting him go because the parent not paying the extra money finally had enough of it and complained.

How is this any different with the special treatment that goes on in this 01 team?
It's a good soccer group of players that is being screwed over by the powers of the club.....

SK will go to a great college regardless of soccer his dad has the $$$$$$.

Just keep everything fair and stop the special treatment crap it makes the Club look bad.
Old 08-03-17, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the CUP teams that advanced during Nationals did a nice job. You can't expect good coaching when the folks on the sideline have a different agenda.

How does SK get credit for the own goal?

How does SK get top 11 when he played average at best and others out played him?

The Callow kid played his butt off and deserves the top 11.

How does SK go to college camps and the DA goes with him along with his Dad?

Does the DA go to all the players college camps?

Several years ago there was a coach at CUP that was getting paid behind the scenes by several dads. He was a very good coach and well known in the area. CUP ended up letting him go because the parent not paying the extra money finally had enough of it and complained.

How is this any different with the special treatment that goes on in this 01 team?
It's a good soccer group of players that is being screwed over by the powers of the club.....

SK will go to a great college regardless of soccer his dad has the $$$$$$.

Just keep everything fair and stop the special treatment crap it makes the Club look bad.

I understand posting about the coaching/parent issues, but why are you calling out individual players? They're still just kids.

I guess I just don't understand parents/adults calling out kids - doesn't make sense to me.
Old 08-03-17, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

If things are so bad at CUP go to another club. It's not that hard.

But I imagine you guys would still show up on an internet message board, anonymously, to complain about your new club anyway.
Old 08-03-17, 06:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
Crew Head Coach Greg Berhalter's son plays every minute of every game for Crew Academy. Think he will have trouble getting looks from colleges?

How about Zidane's son at Real Madrid, maybe a few perks/connections from Dad?

What about Klinsman's son being the U20 goalie, think there might be better goalies around?

Play the cards your dealt and make the most of it.
Berhalter's kid is a liability... If you've seen them play you know it. If you think you're going to see him in the ncaa tournament.... Yeah sure. Yes nepotism exists.

Integrity still matters. You can look at crap and say it's ok. But integrity always comes back around. Always.

Last edited by 2731; 08-03-17 at 06:55 PM..
Old 08-03-17, 06:37 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
If things are so bad at CUP go to another club. It's not that hard.

But I imagine you guys would still show up on an internet message board, anonymously, to complain about your new club anyway.
Stick with wrestling. It's your wheelhouse. You clearly don't understand soccer.
Old 08-03-17, 06:48 PM
All Ohio

Welcoms to the real world KIds!
Old 08-03-17, 06:54 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Welcoms to the real world KIds!
It's just a bonus that we pay for the privilege. Lol
Old 08-03-17, 09:13 PM
All Region

Yep that's the real world if you have to pull that crap to get ahead then he's on the right path. Calling out a kid because his Dad is shady and it's obvious and he knows exactly what he is doing. His Dad should know better than to pull the crap along with SB and the powers at CUP. In regards to my kid he is just fine and has plenty of looks and options ahead. However, several kids may not and actually are good players.
Old 08-03-17, 09:15 PM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
This message board looks like a script from Dance Mom's.....parents jealous of other people's kids and all the drama that goes along with being a hater..... It is what it is and you can't fault some 16 year old kid for being a benefactor of his situation. Besides it's just soccer....relax and enjoy the experience. Be glad your kid is good enough to play a such a high level and gets to travel the country playing a sport he loves.
Old 08-03-17, 10:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Stick with wrestling. It's your wheelhouse. You clearly don't understand soccer.
Whether I understand soccer or not has nothing to do with the fact that you are one whiny little girl that complains behind an alias about his kids club soccer team.

If it's that bad, find another club. Otherwise suck it up buttercup.
Old 08-03-17, 10:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yep that's the real world if you have to pull that crap to get ahead then he's on the right path. Calling out a kid because his Dad is shady and it's obvious and he knows exactly what he is doing. His Dad should know better than to pull the crap along with SB and the powers at CUP. In regards to my kid he is just fine and has plenty of looks and options ahead. However, several kids may not and actually are good players.
Give me a break. If they are good enough to play at the next level they will get opportunities BUT they have to help themselves get there. Never rely on someone else to create your opportunities for you.
Old 08-04-17, 07:55 AM
All District

I love all the assumptions being made... As many have said, welcome to the real world. If you do shady things some will comment. If you are the benefactor of shady things someone will comment. If you think a whole boatload of shadiness isn't being sucked up, you make a flippant comment over things you have no capability to understand. Calling out the administration of a formerly good organization means folks are looking to be handed opportunities... lol.

The drama isn't created by the truth. The drama is created by the idiotic side comments.
Old 08-04-17, 08:05 AM
All Ohio

The dance Moms reference is funny (and a bit accurate) but the dance Mom that runs the studio usually has the daughter in front row center.

I am not saying it is right...it just is what it is. The player gets advantages and like Pulisic and Harkes and Klinsmann may be a good player and a good kid/person. It happens in everything football coaches son is QB. As a parent the best course of action is to motivate your son/daughter to ignore and keep working they will get seen and noticed at CUP and can promote themselves which may be more effective in the long run.
Old 08-04-17, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I love all the assumptions being made... As many have said, welcome to the real world. If you do shady things some will comment. If you are the benefactor of shady things someone will comment. If you think a whole boatload of shadiness isn't being sucked up, you make a flippant comment over things you have no capability to understand. Calling out the administration of a formerly good organization means folks are looking to be handed opportunities... lol.

The drama isn't created by the truth. The drama is created by the idiotic side comments.
LOL. The drama is caused by queens like yourself.

If it really is a "formerly good organization" then why are you still there? If CUP is on the decline that likely means one or more are on the rise.

As I said before, it won't matter what club you're with....you will always feel slighted and will complain about it. A leopard can't change its spots....
Old 08-04-17, 09:02 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
LOL. The drama is caused by queens like yourself.

If it really is a "formerly good organization" then why are you still there? If CUP is on the decline that likely means one or more are on the rise.

As I said before, it won't matter what club you're with....you will always feel slighted and will complain about it. A leopard can't change its spots....

Until there is actually a local contender for non-DA talent. Cup floats. You act like the landscape for that type of club is large in Cinci. It isn't. You're also ignorant of the fact that I'm just the bank. The player actually chooses where to play. He knows like many of us do, that the market is in transition and nothing can be done for the players that are aged ahead of progress. And like many suggest, he sucks it up.

I'll still give honest reports when asked a direct question and I'll still know more about what's really going on than you do. You can be snappy with your hyperbole all you want, doesn't make you clever or correct.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: