Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-19, 04:17 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 282
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Why the top clubs left or are leaving the DA for ECNL

Just had a patient send me this article. Quality read.

https://www.soccernation.com/the-da-...rAEI_fV3BEGm3I
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-07-19, 05:15 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,646
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
“WE LISTENED TO OUR FAMILIES. ECNL IS A BETTER FIT FOR US.”

Sounds pretty simple. But this is Yappi, so we will now begin with everyone applying their own feelings to the article instead of just taking exactly what was said.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-19, 05:25 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 282
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
“WE LISTENED TO OUR FAMILIES. ECNL IS A BETTER FIT FOR US.”

Sounds pretty simple. But this is Yappi, so we will now begin with everyone applying their own feelings to the article instead of just taking exactly what was said.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
As well as why High School is important and the ECNL gives you more college exposure.

I understand why the Families feel that way.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-07-19, 05:32 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 115
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
As well as why High School is important and the ECNL gives you more college exposure.

I understand why the Families feel that way.
ECNL does NOT give players more exposure- its about even with DA actually. But the overwhelming reason is...….

HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-07-19, 05:35 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,646
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
As well as why High School is important and the ECNL gives you more college exposure. I understand why the Families feel that way.
It's not "as well as". Its the what's best for the majority of the families in a program and all of the reasons those families feel that way. Plain and simple. It's their choice. There are other programs with families that don't agree with that and are happy with the DA, thus programs being a part of it. If a family wants their kid playing high school soccer they can take their kid to a program that allows it, they are free to do that. If enough do that, or threaten to, within a program to the point it threatens the bottom line of the program that program will change just like the one in the article. Again, it's pretty simple here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-08-19, 08:29 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,370
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
ECNL does NOT give players more exposure- its about even with DA actually. But the overwhelming reason is...….

HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER!
Wow I am on a roll here having to agree with Jed again. Its about HIGH SCHOOL play plain and simple.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-19, 08:41 AM
cincysports4 cincysports4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Posts: 1,861
cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
People love playing for HS. We live in a society where a lot of it is awards and the spotlight. Can your child be all city, all state at the club level? Does your child get their name in the media or on social media for accomplishments in CLUB? NO.

High School they do.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-08-19, 11:24 AM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Hunting Valley
Posts: 1,760
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
People love playing for HS. We live in a society where a lot of it is awards and the spotlight. Can your child be all city, all state at the club level? Does your child get their name in the media or on social media for accomplishments in CLUB? NO.

High School they do.
Maybe it also has something to do with having fun. A lot of kids have more fun playing high school soccer. Also, there are a lot of club coaches that are egotistical tools that make it not fun.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-08-19, 12:45 PM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 3,556
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Playing for your high school in front of your peers is a BIG deal. Heck our HS and many others have more fan support than schools like Xavier and Ohio State. Playoffs is a great experience that does not exist for most club teams/players.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-08-19, 12:54 PM
cincysports4 cincysports4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Posts: 1,861
cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Maybe it also has something to do with having fun. A lot of kids have more fun playing high school soccer. Also, there are a lot of club coaches that are egotistical tools that make it not fun.
I was actually promoting HS.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-11-19, 09:23 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,521
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
US soccer threw a wrench into the works of a good working program plain and simple.

US soccer is Butt hurt and always has been if they would of listened from the start the ECNL would of never been formed.

US Soccer sat on their hands and did nothing except collect big paychecks.

The ECNL formed and showed them how it should be done, The ECNL kicks out the best players year after year and US soccer didn't like it at all.

US Soccer couldn't claim the ECNL so they came up with the "DA" Why did they do that when there was already a super successful program?

The ECNL program is based on producing the best players possible by Developing them and with a heavy focus on getting these kids seen by colleges.

The DA is focused on finding one or two players who could have a chance at the National team, the rest are left behind to be burned out by massive over training and restricted by some over controlling rules.

IF the DA does not change it will fade away pretty quickly, But it all starts with the leader ship of US soccer being the Good Ole boy show.
it is about Time somebody cleaned house and got some folks in there that understand what is going on so they can fix it.

Also something for you to think about The ECNL was formed by the best quality clubs in the country with the most talented coaches that were all background checked and would never let a coach in that lied on their resume.
But US Soccer embraces these kinds of folks with the Likes of DR and JP.
My advice would be to run as fast as you can I don't follow liars ! DO YOU ?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-19, 02:48 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,370
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
US soccer threw a wrench into the works of a good working program plain and simple.

US soccer is Butt hurt and always has been if they would of listened from the start the ECNL would of never been formed.
- NOT TRUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
US Soccer sat on their hands and did nothing except collect big paychecks.
-While the ECNL leaders collected a big pay check also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
The ECNL formed and showed them how it should be done, The ECNL kicks out the best players year after year and US soccer didn't like it at all.
- Again not true. The ECNL was going to regulate out clubs that were not able to compete and that has not happened. Also not sure how anyone believes that CUP or KHA shouldn't be in the ECNL. If the powers that be here in Ohio would have been willing to let others in maybe the DA wouldn't be in Cincinnati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
US Soccer couldn't claim the ECNL so they came up with the "DA" Why did they do that when there was already a super successful program?
-Maybe US Soccer didnt want the ECNL and their BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
The ECNL program is based on producing the best players possible by Developing them and with a heavy focus on getting these kids seen by colleges.
- And the DA in its short life span so far has also gotten a lot of players seen by colleges and called up to the National Teams for training or to play. When was the last local ECNL player called up to train or on a National Team roster. Maybe the DA is doing a better job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
The DA is focused on finding one or two players who could have a chance at the National team, the rest are left behind to be burned out by massive over training and restricted by some over controlling rules.
- What restrictive rules besides not playing HS? Easy to say but harder to give facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
IF the DA does not change it will fade away pretty quickly, But it all starts with the leader ship of US soccer being the Good Ole boy show.
it is about Time somebody cleaned house and got some folks in there that understand what is going on so they can fix it.
- Seems like our local DA teams are doing pretty well. As for changing the DA gives players yet another option and whats wrong with options? While i prefer kids to play HS there are situations where it may not be best for them to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Also something for you to think about The ECNL was formed by the best quality clubs in the country with the most talented coaches that were all background checked and would never let a coach in that lied on their resume.
- Argumentative please define the "best clubs" and most talented as for your swipe at a coach of the DA I believe he was playing youth soccer when OE started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
But US Soccer embraces these kinds of folks with the Likes of DR and JP.
My advice would be to run as fast as you can I don't follow liars ! DO YOU ?
-No, I think US soccer looks at the big picture and is willing to give people a second chance when its earned unlike you. I suppose will hold everything your kids do against them for the rest of their lives and never ever give anyone a second chance and believes society should do the same thing to your kids.

Again you are nothing but a Keyboard Warrior Troll that hides behind a made up name and throws stones at others because you are to scared / pathetic to confront the person or people face to face and sit down and actually talk to them about your issues with them. Please change your profile name to TrollWarrior.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-19, 03:03 PM
yapster2017 yapster2017 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-12-17
Posts: 28
yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
The ECNL program is based on producing the best players possible by Developing them and with a heavy focus on getting these kids seen by colleges.
- And the DA in its short life span so far has also gotten a lot of players seen by colleges and called up to the National Teams for training or to play. When was the last local ECNL player called up to train or on a National Team roster. Maybe the DA is doing a better job.


It’s been a LONG time.

Is it because OE doesn’t have the talent it once had?

Seems to me when OE/ECNL had the political power they had National team callups. Now that the DA/ Cincy DA has political power they are getting callups. Maybe this is the answer as to why the National team is struggling because its more politics then talent. Thoughts
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-19, 03:48 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 115
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
- NOT TRUE


-While the ECNL leaders collected a big pay check also.


- Again not true. The ECNL was going to regulate out clubs that were not able to compete and that has not happened. Also not sure how anyone believes that CUP or KHA shouldn't be in the ECNL. If the powers that be here in Ohio would have been willing to let others in maybe the DA wouldn't be in Cincinnati.


-Maybe US Soccer didnt want the ECNL and their BS.


- And the DA in its short life span so far has also gotten a lot of players seen by colleges and called up to the National Teams for training or to play. When was the last local ECNL player called up to train or on a National Team roster. Maybe the DA is doing a better job.


- What restrictive rules besides not playing HS? Easy to say but harder to give facts.


- Seems like our local DA teams are doing pretty well. As for changing the DA gives players yet another option and whats wrong with options? While i prefer kids to play HS there are situations where it may not be best for them to do it.


- Argumentative please define the "best clubs" and most talented as for your swipe at a coach of the DA I believe he was playing youth soccer when OE started.


-No, I think US soccer looks at the big picture and is willing to give people a second chance when its earned unlike you. I suppose will hold everything your kids do against them for the rest of their lives and never ever give anyone a second chance and believes society should do the same thing to your kids.

Again you are nothing but a Keyboard Warrior Troll that hides behind a made up name and throws stones at others because you are to scared / pathetic to confront the person or people face to face and sit down and actually talk to them about your issues with them. Please change your profile name to TrollWarrior.

blahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha classic
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-19, 07:54 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 373
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Seems like the ECNL vs DA argument is kind of a moot point. There's a simple metric for which platform does a better job for getting players to the next level. Both publish numbers about players going to college, although ECNL is a little more transparent.

As both leagues have been adding clubs based more on geographic leverage than merit, both leagues seem to have been watered down a bit.

OE had two girls on the 99 team that had been called up (Although one was a CUP girl that had come over). How many more do you need?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-19, 08:45 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,370
coachg is on a distinguished road
Interesting Q&A.

What is your advice for parents? If you had a daughter …

"Christian Lavers: I don’t have a young daughter, but I have a young son and another one coming any week – but the answer is the same regardless of gender. The first thing I would say is the player has to love the sport — because that’s what’s going to drive them to work and train.

My advice to parents? Find the environment where your child is enjoying it, where he or she is learning, and where he or she is being challenged. Those are three different criteria for a great environment.

THE IDEAL PATH IS TO BE IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT SHE LOVES.

She needs to be in an environment that she chooses to be in because she wants it.

So you’re not going to qualitatively, completely say ECNL’s better?

Christian Lavers: Well, it would be philosophically deceptive if I said, “Oh yeah, this one path is the perfect path for everybody.” Because that’s not possible."


But yet many on hear do. Glad to see ECNL's leader agrees there are multiple pathways that work dependent upon what is best for the needs of the players. Sorry Bucky aka TrollWarrior the ECNL president doesnt agree with you.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-19, 08:55 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,370
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Seems like the ECNL vs DA argument is kind of a moot point. There's a simple metric for which platform does a better job for getting players to the next level. Both publish numbers about players going to college, although ECNL is a little more transparent.

As both leagues have been adding clubs based more on geographic leverage than merit, both leagues seem to have been watered down a bit.

OE had two girls on the 99 team that had been called up (Although one was a CUP girl that had come over). How many more do you need?
Were either girl from the 99 team truly an OE girl or as you stated one came over from OE. Wasnt the other girl truly developed at another club also that's team "moved" OE? Just trying to remember
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-19, 09:53 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 373
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Seems somewhat like disingenuous trolling coach. It's what makes you the CUP version of Buck.

We both know AP was CUP before coming over. Are you suggesting RA wasn't an OE girl?

I don't get caught up in this who's better stuff that you and Buck do. I argue that both clubs are destination clubs and that girls just start gravitating to CUP at an earlier age. By U16 it seems to have settled out. How many girls left CUP for OE from the 01's and 02's?

I say it's a testament to CUP's strength as a club as much as OE. You keep trying to split hairs.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-12-19, 09:53 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,370
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Seems somewhat like disingenuous trolling coach. It's what makes you the CUP version of Buck.

We both know AP was CUP before coming over. Are you suggesting RA wasn't an OE girl?

I don't get caught up in this who's better stuff that you and Buck do. I argue that both clubs are destination clubs and that girls just start gravitating to CUP at an earlier age. By U16 it seems to have settled out. How many girls left CUP for OE from the 01's and 02's?

I say it's a testament to CUP's strength as a club as much as OE. You keep trying to split hairs.
Actually I have not said CUP is better. I say there are two paths in Cincinnati to choose from and that is a good thing. I have friends and former players at OE that love it their. I have players that left OE that hated it there. Not every club is right for every player. Both organizations have issues and both do great things. I have not attacked people relentlessly from OE and unlike BuckyTrollWarrior I actually talked personally to DB about issues I had. It appears most of those issues have gone away which is great. I also congratulate CUP and OE teams and players on the good things they achieve unlike many on here including BuckyTrollWarrior. The difference is I am not all one sided like Bucky and have presented arguments that CUP and KHA also do great job of helping players be seen and play in college unlike many (BuckyTrollWarrior) that only bashes CUP and praises OE. I suggest you go back and read what I have written the last two years and put my writings in context to the absolute bashing that has been done to coaches in CUP and the DA and to CU and KHA as clubs. The continuous attempts to make those club look inferior to OE are factually inaccurate, uncalled for, and immature. So I counter those attacks with facts that cant be disputed so that any sane reasonable person here can see that the OE chest thumpers are one sided and have sort of hatred toward CUP that is not rooted in facts.

As for asking about the 99 team I was actually asking the question as I don't remember how long the 99 team had been in OE before players got called up. I remember controversy around the team moving and retaining their team number. I know this is what caused a change that team numbers belong to the club not the team there after so if a team left a club they basically lose a lot of their team history. There was a team this last year that were runners up in the President CUP that switched clubs and due to losing their team number they couldn't apply to OSSL but they also didnt have a home game field so they had to change but they were not aware that the team number didnt go with them. However you feel about that rule right or wrong it is a rule.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-12-19, 09:56 AM
yapster2017 yapster2017 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 06-12-17
Posts: 28
yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Seems somewhat like disingenuous trolling coach. It's what makes you the CUP version of Buck.

We both know AP was CUP before coming over. Are you suggesting RA wasn't an OE girl?

I don't get caught up in this who's better stuff that you and Buck do. I argue that both clubs are destination clubs and that girls just start gravitating to CUP at an earlier age. By U16 it seems to have settled out. How many girls left CUP for OE from the 01's and 02's?

I say it's a testament to CUP's strength as a club as much as OE. You keep trying to split hairs.


OE has had 1 Callup in the last 4-5 years and that was RA. RA was an OE girl although she spent 1 year at CUP at maybe 12U. AP was and is a CUP girl. CINCY DA/ Cup has had 7-10 Callups in the last 4 years to OE’S 1. Prior to the shift in power OE had maybe 20+ callups to CUP/KHA 2 callups over a 10 year span.

I will ask this question again has the talent shifted that much from sides or is it whoever has the political power determines the callups?

If we are to assume that it’s the political climate isn’t that part of the problem with the national teams issues.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-12-19, 10:03 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,370
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
OE has had 1 Callup in the last 4-5 years and that was RA. RA was an OE girl although she spent 1 year at CUP at maybe 12U. AP was and is a CUP girl. CINCY DA/ Cup has had 7-10 Callups in the last 4 years to OE’S 1. Prior to the shift in power OE had maybe 20+ callups to CUP/KHA 2 callups over a 10 year span.

I will ask this question again has the talent shifted that much from sides or is it whoever has the political power determines the callups?

If we are to assume that it’s the political climate isn’t that part of the problem with the national teams issues.
My guess is that US Soccer over the years has not seen the talent growth needed / wanted at the National Level when it was just the ECNL really getting players called up and as such decided to start the DA under their control and belief they can better prepare players for the National Teams. The theory will need several years to see if its true but thats my thoughts on it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-12-19, 10:07 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 856
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
people may hear your words, but they feel your attitude theres enough posturing on both sides to lack credibility. let the darn kids play the game and yeah yapster like everything in life politics usually destroys everything it touches. but for the record politics is an adult game cant blame the kids for that
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-12-19, 10:27 AM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,370
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
people may hear your words, but they feel your attitude theres enough posturing on both sides to lack credibility. let the darn kids play the game and yeah yapster like everything in life politics usually destroys everything it touches. but for the record politics is an adult game cant blame the kids for that
Agreed but I will not sit by and allow people to rip apart good people and good clubs. I congratulate all players and clubs on their success and when one club and a few coaches are constantly ripped apart with no facts by cowards that say they know the people they are bashing and refuse to be adult enough to confront them by sitting down and talking to them then I will defend people and clubs I know. I have defended DB in the past for untrue post about an event that didn't happen. I confronted DB about the issues I had one he actually apologized to me for not having all the facts and rushing to judgement. I respect him for that. The other issue we agreed to disagree about. Adults here need to be adult enough to state facts, go to the person or club you have an issue with and talk to them. Don't post negative things just because you dislike a club or a person without first going to them and trying to get resolution. Understand when you post an opinion others may also post an opinion with facts to support their view so dont act all butt hurt when your opinion to shown to be wrong. Hiding behind a screen name and bashing people and clubs solves nothing but does prove you have only one agenda.

I have offered to meet anyone that wants to meet face to face to discuss anything I have written or has an issue with me and that I would buy the first round - well many many years later and lots and lots of offers to do so - no takers.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-12-19, 11:32 AM
fearthekeeper fearthekeeper is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-20-15
Posts: 87
fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Playing for your high school in front of your peers is a BIG deal. Heck our HS and many others have more fan support than schools like Xavier and Ohio State. Playoffs is a great experience that does not exist for most club teams/players.
In front of their peers? Most girls high school games are played in front of the same people who come to their club games, family. A few kids may come out if it’s a school rival or playoff game, but for the most part very view (if any) students turn up to watch girls high school soccer.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-12-19, 02:01 PM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 115
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
What cracks me up is the pipedream so many parents on here (and in general) who have made getting 'the call up' as important as they think it is, when you are literally talking about 1% of ALL club players getting that opportunity, no matter WHAT club you are talking about. Ya'll sound like parents arguing about which gas station is better at having the winning lotto ticket to buy? What SHOULD be the better question for any 'realistic' parent (which on this site there seems to be zero) to ask when deciding which club to play for is- which club helps ALL 16 players on each DA/ECNL team get interest from multiple college programs? Since college coaches tell me on a regular basis that DA/ECNL clubs only promote one or two kids from each team, I guess that answer is ZERO as well, (which is the biggest part of the ECNL/DA scam) but in fairness it does seem like both CUP and OE do a better job promoting kids for college than ANY other club in Ohio...and its not even close.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-12-19, 02:05 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,646
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Interesting Q&A.

What is your advice for parents? If you had a daughter …

"Christian Lavers: I don’t have a young daughter, but I have a young son and another one coming any week – but the answer is the same regardless of gender. The first thing I would say is the player has to love the sport — because that’s what’s going to drive them to work and train.

My advice to parents? Find the environment where your child is enjoying it, where he or she is learning, and where he or she is being challenged. Those are three different criteria for a great environment.

THE IDEAL PATH IS TO BE IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT SHE LOVES.

She needs to be in an environment that she chooses to be in because she wants it.

So you’re not going to qualitatively, completely say ECNL’s better?

Christian Lavers: Well, it would be philosophically deceptive if I said, “Oh yeah, this one path is the perfect path for everybody.” Because that’s not possible."


But yet many on hear do. Glad to see ECNL's leader agrees there are multiple pathways that work dependent upon what is best for the needs of the players. Sorry Bucky aka TrollWarrior the ECNL president doesnt agree with you.
That's exactly the point I was making before. At the end of the day it's about finding the best path personally for your kid and your family. Which path (or club) that is is completely dependent upon the individual. That's why having choices is a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-12-19, 03:12 PM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 462
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
What cracks me up is the pipedream so many parents on here (and in general) who have made getting 'the call up' as important as they think it is, when you are literally talking about 1% of ALL club players getting that opportunity, no matter WHAT club you are talking about. Ya'll sound like parents arguing about which gas station is better at having the winning lotto ticket to buy? What SHOULD be the better question for any 'realistic' parent (which on this site there seems to be zero) to ask when deciding which club to play for is- which club helps ALL 16 players on each DA/ECNL team get interest from multiple college programs? Since college coaches tell me on a regular basis that DA/ECNL clubs only promote one or two kids from each team, I guess that answer is ZERO as well, (which is the biggest part of the ECNL/DA scam) but in fairness it does seem like both CUP and OE do a better job promoting kids for college than ANY other club in Ohio...and its not even close.
This is exactly what needs to be said! Thank you.

There's not one true, proper, correct player development pathway. This discussion needs to stop.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-12-19, 06:43 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 373
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
What cracks me up is the pipedream so many parents on here (and in general) who have made getting 'the call up' as important as they think it is, when you are literally talking about 1% of ALL club players getting that opportunity, no matter WHAT club you are talking about. Ya'll sound like parents arguing about which gas station is better at having the winning lotto ticket to buy? What SHOULD be the better question for any 'realistic' parent (which on this site there seems to be zero) to ask when deciding which club to play for is- which club helps ALL 16 players on each DA/ECNL team get interest from multiple college programs? Since college coaches tell me on a regular basis that DA/ECNL clubs only promote one or two kids from each team, I guess that answer is ZERO as well, (which is the biggest part of the ECNL/DA scam) but in fairness it does seem like both CUP and OE do a better job promoting kids for college than ANY other club in Ohio...and its not even close.

ECNL/DA/National league, all provide a platform that gives decent exposure to colleges. D1 scouts from the power 5's to the small schools are scouting all their showcases. It doesn't really matter who the club showcases if State U. is coming to your little Mia's game to see her.

Speaking of college exposure. I just noticed that only two schools outside the power 5 got At-Large bids in the NCAA tournament. I didn't realize there was that much disparity.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-12-19, 09:00 PM
coachg coachg is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-29-07
Location: Masonish
Posts: 4,370
coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
What cracks me up is the pipedream so many parents on here (and in general) who have made getting 'the call up' as important as they think it is, when you are literally talking about 1% of ALL club players getting that opportunity, no matter WHAT club you are talking about. Ya'll sound like parents arguing about which gas station is better at having the winning lotto ticket to buy? What SHOULD be the better question for any 'realistic' parent (which on this site there seems to be zero) to ask when deciding which club to play for is- which club helps ALL 16 players on each DA/ECNL team get interest from multiple college programs? Since college coaches tell me on a regular basis that DA/ECNL clubs only promote one or two kids from each team, I guess that answer is ZERO as well, (which is the biggest part of the ECNL/DA scam) but in fairness it does seem like both CUP and OE do a better job promoting kids for college than ANY other club in Ohio...and its not even close.
That's 3 posts that I have to agree with Jed on... The world must be ending. Well said Jed!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-13-19, 09:09 AM
jed the fish show jed the fish show is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 115
jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed the fish show View Post
What cracks me up is the pipedream so many parents on here (and in general) who have made getting 'the call up' as important as they think it is, when you are literally talking about 1% of ALL club players getting that opportunity, no matter WHAT club you are talking about. Ya'll sound like parents arguing about which gas station is better at having the winning lotto ticket to buy? What SHOULD be the better question for any 'realistic' parent (which on this site there seems to be zero) to ask when deciding which club to play for is- which club helps ALL 16 players on each DA/ECNL team get interest from multiple college programs? Since college coaches tell me on a regular basis that DA/ECNL clubs only promote one or two kids from each team, I guess that answer is ZERO as well, (which is the biggest part of the ECNL/DA scam) but in fairness it does seem like both CUP and OE do a better job promoting kids for college than ANY other club in Ohio...and its not even close.
PERFECT timing on this thread as ECNL released their list of players from each ECNL team in the 2019 recruiting class that received a scholarship offer for either D1, D2, D3 or NAIA=

O/E = 100% of their players received an offer for 2019
OP = 9 players remain UNCOMMITTED for 2019
INTERNATIONALS = 13 player remain UNCOMMITTED for 2019

DA has not released their list/info yet...….funny how OP and Internationals are the two clubs who tell their 14 year old players to 'take ownership of their own recruiting process' (really??) and that they 'DONT need recruiting coordinators helping them'. uh huh. Stats DONT lie.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Top Camp @ Logan Elm-June 8th & 9th-Bo Jordan, Ross Thatcher, and Jim Edwards snakenbake70 Wrestling 2 05-10-18 08:57 AM
Alliance D-2 District Rankings #4 McClearn7 Wrestling 1 01-21-18 01:44 PM
GAME REPORT: Thurgood Marshall 42 Western Hills 24 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 4 09-18-17 03:58 AM
GAME REPORT:St Marys(W.Va) 63 Marietta 19 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 1 09-15-17 09:21 AM
Vamps top teams SWO/Miami Valley week 0 vamp2syd Football 5 08-23-17 06:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz