Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-07-19, 08:38 PM
All Ohio

wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
He might have declined last yr based on his trajectory from the previous yr but no one ever said he is like a snyderman err god. He has a pretty darngood yr going with a silver 23 world medal to boot. Will he beat bo? Prolly not but I知 rooting hard for him! Go for it Kollin!
I知 sure if he were a Hawkeye you壇 be drooling over him.
I知 excited for this dual. We have been spoiled seeing some great teams coming here matched up with our pretty darn good squads. Win or lose I値l be cheering them on! Go bux break the streak!
Lol you are senile! I love McKenna and think he is underrated. Has a solid chance at a championship this year. Moore is one of the most overrated wrestlers in the country. People that think he or Micah have a shot blow my mind. Micah gets put on his back like it is his day job.
Old 02-07-19, 08:50 PM
Varsity

Bear73 is on a distinguished road
This is for all you fair weather wankers who have no faith in the Buckeyes! Just because all the experts say the Buckeyes have no chance of pulling off "one" upset to win this dual! Doesn't mean I am not going to scream like a little girl riding a roller coaster when it happens! [IMG][/IMG] (Of course I'll cry like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum when it doesn't! )
Old 02-07-19, 08:56 PM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
I don’t think I’m that old to be senile. You however are just a TOOL!
Moore does have a shot. Is he underdog vs Bo? Sure. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a shot. What if Bo gets hurt?? Who is Moore over rated against the field at 97?
And Mic does have a shot how can you say he doesn’t at 49? No dominate guy there except maybe the 6th yr senior whom put mic on his back but had mic storm back and made a go of it. Are either favored to win the title? No and I don’t think anyone said they are just saying POSSIBILITY. And I think McKenna will win it all this yr!
Old 02-07-19, 08:56 PM
All World

Yankeefan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He might have declined last yr based on his trajectory from the previous yr but no one ever said he is like a snyderman err god. He has a pretty darngood yr going with a silver 23 world medal to boot. Will he beat bo? Prolly not but I知 rooting hard for him! Go for it Kollin!
I知 excited for this dual. We have been spoiled seeing some great teams coming here matched up with our pretty darn good squads. Win or lose I値l be cheering them on! Go bux break the streak!
Only one person (D1CW rankings) ranked 43-100 has been an All-American in the high school class of 2015. It's Kollin Moore, and he's done it twice.

Kollin Moore has only lost to Brett Pfarr (2x AA, 1x finalist), J'Den Cox (3x champ, 4x AA, only 5 losses in career w/o redshirt), Anthony Cassar (woulda been jr world medalist if not injured, currently top 5 at heavy), Michael Macchiavello (NCAA champ), and Kyle Conel (AA). Not a bad loss in there.

On the other hand, he's beaten AA's Darmstadt, Rasheed, Beazley, Haught, Weigel, Studebaker, and Pfarr, with Brucki an AA contender this year. He's a 2x freestyle world medalist (with two more U23 eligible years). He's had an amazing career already and will be a title threat next year. Come on people
Old 02-07-19, 09:03 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan33 View Post
Only one person (D1CW rankings) ranked 43-100 has been an All-American in the high school class of 2015. It's Kollin Moore, and he's done it twice.

Kollin Moore has only lost to Brett Pfarr (2x AA, 1x finalist), J'Den Cox (3x champ, 4x AA, only 5 losses in career w/o redshirt), Anthony Cassar (woulda been jr world medalist if not injured, currently top 5 at heavy), Michael Macchiavello (NCAA champ), and Kyle Conel (AA). Not a bad loss in there.

On the other hand, he's beaten AA's Darmstadt, Rasheed, Beazley, Haught, Weigel, Studebaker, and Pfarr, with Brucki an AA contender this year. He's a 2x freestyle world medalist (with two more U23 eligible years). He's had an amazing career already and will be a title threat next year. Come on people
It痴 not people it痴 just wrestlingtool125 and eliwesmess doing the hating.
Thnx for the history!
Go bux!
Old 02-07-19, 09:12 PM
All Ohio

I'll make a deal with you; if Moore beats Nickal I will buy you a steak but if Nickal majors, techs, or pins Moore you can wash my Escalade.
Old 02-07-19, 09:20 PM
All Ohio

kessen157
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling125 View Post
I'll make a deal with you; if Moore beats Nickal I will buy you a steak but if Nickal majors, techs, or pins Moore you can wash my Escalade.
We get it you hate tOSU and your a
Old 02-07-19, 09:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessen157 View Post
We get it you hate tOSU and your a
I don't hate OSU, just think some of their wrestlers are overrated. Already said I like McKenna.
Old 02-07-19, 09:55 PM
All Region

GWF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Escalade...that sounds about right
Old 02-07-19, 10:05 PM
All Region

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
I hope RBY runs out for Pletch.
Old 02-07-19, 10:06 PM
All World

Yankeefan33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are you a rapper from 2001?
Old 02-07-19, 10:57 PM
All Region

ChiefPriest
Quote:
lol Escalade, such a cute soccer mom car
Old 02-07-19, 11:01 PM
All Region

ChiefPriest
Quote:
I don't hate OSU, just think some of their wrestlers are overrated. Already said I like McKenna.
also, nobody really cares ... real wrestlers have respect for the wrestling community. I bet you wish you were an overrated Big 10 wrestler.
Old 02-08-19, 09:41 AM
All Region

I hope coach has thermostat set at 68* tonight!
Old 02-08-19, 09:44 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
if he were a Hawkeye he wouldn't be gasses in the third period. I'll pass on the beat down and watch some real wrestling go Hawkeyes.
Old 02-08-19, 09:45 AM
Freshman

OnceAViking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol you are senile! I love McKenna and think he is underrated. Has a solid chance at a championship this year. Moore is one of the most overrated wrestlers in the country. People that think he or Micah have a shot blow my mind. Micah gets put on his back like it is his day job.
To summarize:

McKenna, who is one of the top 2-3 wrestlers in the country at his weight class and is ranked #2, is underrated.

And Moore, who is one of the top 2-3 wrestlers in the country at his weight class and is ranked #2, is overrated.
Old 02-08-19, 09:47 AM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd love to see your list of overrated Buckeyes and who specifically should be ranked higher than those on the list.
Old 02-08-19, 09:55 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
if he were a Hawkeye he wouldn't be gasses in the third period. I'll pass on the beat down and watch some real wrestling go Hawkeyes.
Then get on a Hawkeye thread
Old 02-08-19, 10:12 AM
All American

Coach Root is on a distinguished road
So, I am an avid Penn State fan. Here's how I see it.

125 OSU could major
133 I like RBY if he's healthy... not likely, so I think they send out the backup and OSU should major.
141 I like Lee, but McKenna is on fire this year... I think OSU gets the decision.
149 Not sure who we (PSU) send out... likely Verkleeren... I think this is an OSU decision... Micah has looked really good but likely a decision.
157 Nolf by total domination... PSU by minimum of a tech or pin.
165 Cenzo by total domination... I think PSU by major
174 Hall wins easy... Could mixer for the pin... I see a PSU major
184 While this might seem intriguing, Martin is far above the rest of the field right now. The key is whether he can go feet to back. I think this is an OSU decision, but could be a major.
197 Nickal wrestles big when it counts, no disrespect to Moore... I think it's a PSU pin.
285 Cassar in a dominant fashion... I think PSU by major.

Personally, I don't think this is going to be a good dual. It's could to be a close dual. The matchups are all lopsided. We can hope for a good match at 133, 141, and 149, but I don't think it will happen. I think they sit RBY, and McKenna and Micah are too much for the youngsters. I think a lot of people are hoping for an exciting match between Moore and Nickal, but I don't see it happening. Moore struggled on the big stage last year with Cassar. I think Nickal is far too agile.

5-5

Penn State wins on bonus. Hopefully, I don't have to eat my words.

Coach Root

Last edited by Coach Root; 02-09-19 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-08-19, 10:18 AM
Freshman

Slicktilt is on a distinguished road
Moore over Nickal?
Old 02-08-19, 10:50 AM
All American

chidy is on a distinguished road
Is it a Random selection in College what weight you start at? Or does the host school decide?

If the host school decided I'd say start at either 157 or 197. End on either Jordan or Martin so you know what you have to overcome to win.

No way you want to start at HVY so that all the pressure is on Moore in the last match. Bo thrives under it. So far Moore has not on the NCAA level (Cassar in the dual last year, Conel matches at NCAA's)
Old 02-08-19, 10:52 AM
All Ohio

TheFan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktilt View Post
Moore over Nickal?
As much as I want to see that ughh... Bo is Bo. I think Collins preparation is his only way to win. I f he wrestles with the intensity as he did with Cox etc. in '17 and not getting caught up in bo's scrambles. Also, he's in the room every day with a similar scramble to pin guy, and who is one of very few who have had success against Bo. (And yes no need to remind me of last match). Watching Bo this year is just amazing though...

Go bucks! I'll bet on Bo but love to see Moore.
And btw.. https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/...tler-standings

PSU top four is scary... Hall is a slacker
Old 02-08-19, 12:15 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan1 View Post
As much as I want to see that ughh... Bo is Bo. I think Collins preparation is his only way to win. I f he wrestles with the intensity as he did with Cox etc. in '17 and not getting caught up in bo's scrambles. Also, he's in the room every day with a similar scramble to pin guy, and who is one of very few who have had success against Bo. (And yes no need to remind me of last match). Watching Bo this year is just amazing though...

Go bucks! I'll bet on Bo but love to see Moore.
And btw.. https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/...tler-standings

PSU top four is scary... Hall is a slacker
Hall is 19-0 Ranked #1 and beat #2 Valencia. why is he a slacker?
Old 02-08-19, 12:39 PM
All World

bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidy View Post
Is it a Random selection in College what weight you start at? Or does the host school decide?

If the host school decided I'd say start at either 157 or 197. End on either Jordan or Martin so you know what you have to overcome to win.

No way you want to start at HVY so that all the pressure is on Moore in the last match. Bo thrives under it. So far Moore has not on the NCAA level (Cassar in the dual last year, Conel matches at NCAA's)
I think it's either coaches agree on start weight (for example, to save marquee match for the end) or start at 125. There won't be an agreement this dual and they'll start at 125.
Old 02-08-19, 12:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Hall is 19-0 Ranked #1 and beat #2 Valencia. why is he a slacker?
Couldn't find the sarcasm font. I guess Yappi is slacking
Old 02-08-19, 01:38 PM
All World

My thoughts
125 Heinselman is a small 125 and gets muscled by some of the bigger ones. Schnupp is also a small 125 and won't muscle Heinselman. Heinselman is a better technician and will win but no bonus.
133 Luke "no bonus" Pletcher gets no respect. In the last two years he's lost to three people - NCAA 2nd Micic (rank #1), NCAA 3rd Wilson (rank #7) and Phillippi (rank #5 and the guy that beat Fix). He's beaten too many AAs to list, but Micic and Wilson are two of them. This year he has ranked wins over #13 Tucker, Cornell, #8 Lizak, MINN, #11 Bridges, WYO, and #7 Wilson, NCST.
RBY has a sexy name and likes to do backflips during his matches. His only ranked win is over 125 #8 Milhoff, AZST, who weighed in at 125 and bumped up to wrestle RBY b/c the AZST coach thought that they could beat PSU if they did that. AZST lost the dual 42-3. He has NO ranked wins at 133 this year!!! He has losses to #3 Desanto, IOWA and #14 Thornton, PUR (during match he got hurt in). If RBY is healthy it could be a good match, but the type of match that Pletcher wins 9 out of 10 times. I don't know if RBY is healthy. If he gimps around on a bad leg, or if PSU sends out a backup it could be a rare Pletcher bonus.
141 This one has me a little worried b/c of McKenna's mystery injury. He has been wrestling like a guy who can win an NCAA title this year. If Joey's healthy he has a solid win here, but not bonus. If he's not healthy, it could be a close one.
149 Micah has been hammering people this year and whoever PSU sends out (Berge has been out lately) will likely lose by MD.
157 Nolf by bonus.
165 Joseph by bonus.
174 Hall by bonus.
184 As with RBY, Rasheed is gimpy. If healthy, he could keep it close. But if he's gimping around I think it could be bonus. This year MyMar has beaten #11 Perez, BING, #12 Dean, CORN, #6 Ventz, NEB, #3 Reenan, NCST, #15 Caffey, MSU, and #7 Parker, ILL. Rasheed has beaten #18, #19 and #20.
197 I see Nickal winning this, but wouldn't be shocked with an upset. I probably wouldn't be shocked with a Nickal bonus win either.
285 I hope it doesn't come down to this b/c I see Cassar taking Singletary down at will.

I'll stick with a 5-5 night with PSU getting the win on bonus points.

Last edited by bdhof; 02-08-19 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-08-19, 02:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
My thoughts
157 Nolf by bonus.
165 Campbell by bonus.
174 Hall by bonus.
184 As with RBY, Rasheed is gimpy. If healthy, he could keep it close. But if he's gimping around I think it could be bonus. This year MyMar has beaten #11 Perez, BING, #12 Dean, CORN, #6 Ventz, NEB, #3 Reenan, NCST, #15 Caffey, MSU, and #7 Parker, ILL. Rasheed has beaten #18, #19 and #20.
197 I see Nickal winning this, but wouldn't be shocked with an upset. I probably wouldn't be shocked with a Nickal bonus win either.
285 I hope it doesn't come down to this b/c I see Cassar taking Singletary down at will.

I'll stick with a 5-5 night with PSU getting the win on bonus points.
You tailgating early or got inside info?
Old 02-08-19, 02:10 PM
All Region

Bdhof,ill take Cambell with bonus points too!
Old 02-08-19, 02:26 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan1 View Post
You tailgating early or got inside info?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wrsln2 View Post
Bdhof,ill take Cambell with bonus points too!
OOps. Meant just the opposite. It's tough to do a well, thought out summary when you start drinking in the morning.
Old 02-08-19, 02:30 PM
All World

MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
There are only two Hawkeyes who wrestle like the Hawkeyes of, 'Days gone by'
...Marinelli and Desanto.

I've not missed an Iowa dual this season. I enjoy their 'style' even if it isn't what it once was.