Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-04-19, 05:34 AM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
All-North Tournament @ Dublin Jerome Feb 9th

Teams:
Amanda Clearcreek
Bexley
Coldwater
Delaware Hayes
Dublin Jerome
Gahanna Lincoln
Green
Grove City
Hilliard Darby
Licking Heights
Marysville
Olentangy Orange
Pickerington Central
Reynoldsburg
Upper Arlington
Westerville Central
Westerville South

my preview can be found here: www.borofanohio.net/all-north-tournament

Last edited by Boro Fan; 02-04-19 at 03:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-19, 09:18 PM
All Region

BACKBEND is on a distinguished road
What weight are these Darby wrestlers ? They seem to be bouncing around.
Sam Pence
Luke Fleenor
Caiden Rayburn
Old 02-09-19, 09:14 AM
All District

Shalvey52_TNDO is on a distinguished road
Are brackets on Baumspage? I see seed nominations but not brackets.
Old 02-09-19, 10:27 AM
All World

cruiser_96 will become famous soon enough
Any line-ups?
Any results?
Old 02-09-19, 11:37 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_96 View Post
Any line-ups?
Any results?
They are up now!
http://www.baumspage.com/wr/allnorth...20Brackets.htm

The 160 weight class should be a #DonnyBrook
Old 02-09-19, 07:41 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalvey52_TNDO View Post
They are up now!
http://www.baumspage.com/wr/allnorth...20Brackets.htm

The 160 weight class should be a #DonnyBrook
You are correct that weight class was insane. And the championship match was nuts. I wonder how long will Morton from Westerville South be suspended for being DQ'd and throwing punches at Heard and flipping off the crowd ?

Sherman is back from olentangy, he looked good.
Old 02-09-19, 09:46 PM
All District

TheViking is on a distinguished road
The next 2 points . If they don't have anything until the sectionals then he will sit out.
Old 02-09-19, 11:16 PM
All District

ozzie8383 is on a distinguished road
Or if he already used all of his points.
Old 02-10-19, 07:18 AM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
I believe Westerville South only has a dual meet left on their schedule (vs Westerville Central), can anyone confirm this? If so, that means Morton would be done for the year...
Old 02-10-19, 09:39 AM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
The whole thing at 160 was very unfortunate. It happened so fast and the coaches and refs were on it. I wish Morton had the opportunity to calm down a bit but peoples (coaches) were holding him down. But to be honest if he was allowed some space he prob was going to go after someone. I am sure he regrets how this went down.

Walker Heard was just being Walker from what i saw. He wrestles hard, always pushing and moving you to get position and get angles to attack. I was not watching close enough to see what exactly happened.

Another note...........120 has a great Darby district flavor

1st J.Sherman Olen
2nd M.Herren UA
3rd B.Branson PC
4th Williams GC
5th C.Jackson OO
6th N.Booth Green (ranked in Hoover district, freshman was pretty impressive. He battles)
also Helms Marysville

All wrestlers ranked in the Darby District I believe.

113 Christain Salazar (Gahanna) looks post season ready. Beat Chmielewski (Coldwater) ranked at Troy D3 district.

Last edited by MitSulHer; 02-10-19 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-10-19, 11:27 AM
All District

iGranby is on a distinguished road
160 was a super deep weight. Unfortunate how things played out. If Morton is done for the season I'm sure he will learn a valuable lesson from all of this. I certainly wish him the best.
I was really impressed (not that I wasn't before) by Heard in how he worked on the Mat in all of his matches (Tech fall over Cain- Hayes in the Qtrs, Major over Ratliff- Reyn in the semi. How the final was going before it was stopped.)

120 was another solid weight that I enjoyed watching. 132 as well.
Old 02-10-19, 12:05 PM
Freshman

Packers is on a distinguished road
I believe Gooding from Westerville North has beaten both Williams (Gahanna) and Jackson (Olentangy Orange) at 120 this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-19, 08:05 PM
All District

2sportcoach is on a distinguished road
I would love to see the move that Heard did to set off Morton. Something had to trigger that response from him. Too bad Heard didn't stay at 160 then we could see this finals at Marysville sectionals!!
Old 02-10-19, 08:07 PM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sportcoach View Post
I would love to see the move that Heard did to set off Morton. Something had to trigger that response from him. Too bad Heard didn't stay at 160 then we could see this finals at Marysville sectionals!!
Sounds like it wouldnít have mattered.
Old 02-10-19, 09:50 PM
All Region

Quote:
Cross face and down 6-0. The frustration was built and he snapped and bit Heard along with throwing punches and even went nuts on his own coaches in the aux gym. It happen quick but was a bad scene/look for him and his school. I doubt that Morton is able to wrestle at Sectionals. Where will he find 2 pts and does he have 2 pts to spend before sectionals. It will be interesting because Morton is very good, but this will be a great teaching moment.
Old 02-11-19, 12:51 AM
All District

That won’t be hard. If we didn’t have the so-called on the 19th this would be a lot harder. I’m sure the coaches could find something for him. Might be able to make Thursday into a Tri and then set up a JV Tri on Saturday. 2 points taken care of
Old 02-11-19, 01:57 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That wonít be hard. If we didnít have the so-called on the 19th this would be a lot harder. Iím sure the coaches could find something for him. Might be able to make Thursday into a Tri and then set up a JV Tri on Saturday. 2 points taken care of
Unless he has already used them up
Old 02-11-19, 07:58 AM
All District

Can a team add events/points like that in this situation? I mean in a way that would impact the wrestler's suspension?
Old 02-11-19, 08:17 AM
Freshman

Orange Neers is on a distinguished road
This was a very good well run tournament. I think the competition was outstanding. Besides the fireworks in the 160 championship it was a great day for wrestling at Jerome, nice job Dublin Jerome.

Caleb Graber Green, Cristian Salazar Gahanna, Walker Heard Marysville, and Zach Williams Delaware all looked very good I thought.

It was also nice to see Sherman and Herren back on the wrestling mats.
Old 02-11-19, 08:58 AM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That wonít be hard. If we didnít have the so-called on the 19th this would be a lot harder. Iím sure the coaches could find something for him. Might be able to make Thursday into a Tri and then set up a JV Tri on Saturday. 2 points taken care of
Are you really suggesting that post suspension, the coach add to the schedule for the specific purpose of avoiding the suspension? If that is the kind of example the coach sets, no wonder the kid behaved that way.
Old 02-11-19, 09:52 AM
All District

MUCraider06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Are you really suggesting that post suspension, the coach add to the schedule for the specific purpose of avoiding the suspension? If that is the kind of example the coach sets, no wonder the kid behaved that way.
Agreed .. don't act that way and then it wont happen.
Old 02-11-19, 10:15 AM
All District

Yes I am. Don’t give me that high and mighty crap. He got caught up in the heat of the moment. Do you even know the kid to make that assumption? I have talked to him on multiple occasions very respectful kid that lost his cool in the heat of the moment.
Old 02-11-19, 10:33 AM
All District

TheViking is on a distinguished road
i think it has to be a 2 point tournament the same value of what he got kick out of.
we had the same think happen and i could not just add him into some thing extra . it is sad that it happen on a bad weekend.
Old 02-11-19, 10:34 AM
All American

Quote:
Yes I am. Donít give me that high and mighty crap. He got caught up in the heat of the moment. Do you even know the kid to make that assumption? I have talked to him on multiple occasions very respectful kid that lost his cool in the heat of the moment.
You don't have to know the kid to know that manipulating a high school schedule for the sole purpose of avoiding an individual wrestlers OHSAA suspension is not only unethical, I'm pretty sure it would violate a rule. If not, OHSAA should put one in...they may have not envisioned a coach actually stooping to that level. I sincerely hope this is only a hypothetical.
Old 02-11-19, 10:44 AM
All District

Things happen in the heat of the moment and mistakes are made. That doesnt make anyone a bad person. Stuff happens. Does that make it okay? No, but he'll have plenty of opportunity to show who he really is in this coming off season, and next season.

Changing/manipulating a schedule in this scenario is 100% speculation. No one on here, or anywhere said that it is being looked into. I sincerely doubt that it's being considered, knowing the coaches.

This is a teachable moment for life and It is probably being used as such if I had to guess.

I have zero inside info, so its all speculation from me as well. But I'll vouch for the coaches in this situation and say I doubt they're trying to juke the system here.
Old 02-11-19, 10:46 AM
Freshman

tjones85 is on a distinguished road
Adding matches to avoid a suspension i believe is against the rules. I dont know the kid but at the same time you don't want to risk the following years eligibility trying to skirt the rule.

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/W...HSWRManual.pdf
Old 02-11-19, 10:55 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGranby View Post
Things happen in the heat of the moment and mistakes are made. That doesnt make anyone a bad person. Stuff happens. Does that make it okay? No, but he'll have plenty of opportunity to show who he really is in this coming off season, and next season.

Changing/manipulating a schedule in this scenario is 100% speculation. No one on here, or anywhere said that it is being looked into. I sincerely doubt that it's being considered, knowing the coaches.

This is a teachable moment for life and It is probably being used as such if I had to guess.

I have zero inside info, so its all speculation from me as well. But I'll vouch for the coaches in this situation and say I doubt they're trying to juke the system here.
I don't think anybody was suggesting that his coaches were actually considering this. There was clear support on the thread that they should do that if possible. I'm just glad it is nothing more than bulletin board babble.
Old 02-11-19, 11:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
I believe Westerville South only has a dual meet left on their schedule (vs Westerville Central), can anyone confirm this? If so, that means Morton would be done for the year...
+ Jon Post JV Tournament at Westerville North HS on Saturday 3/16
Old 02-11-19, 11:52 AM
All District

Right but let’s say they had a tournament on the 19th when everything got cancelled that frees up 2 points. If they would like to add a tournament at the end to fill those two points then he would be fine. This is not illegal or wrong. It’s called getting your kids more matches before sectionals.
Old 02-11-19, 12:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Right but letís say they had a tournament on the 19th when everything got cancelled that frees up 2 points. If they would like to add a tournament at the end to fill those two points then he would be fine. This is not illegal or wrong. Itís called getting your kids more matches before sectionals.
Westerville South was scheduled to wrestle in the Pickerington North Invitational on January 19th.