Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-19, 08:42 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE View Post
LaSalle has a lot of talent, don't count them out. Eds loses four seniors who did very well, it just depend on who fills those spots better. I'm looking forward to some great matches over the years with LaSalle.

Ed's reloads every year.

LaSalle has yet to prove they can continue to recruit the top wrestling talent from SW Ohio year after year. They certainly are going to try, but only time will tell if they can get it done.
Old 02-11-19, 10:06 AM
All American

nati513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE View Post
LaSalle has a lot of talent, don't count them out. Eds loses four seniors who did very well, it just depend on who fills those spots better. I'm looking forward to some great matches over the years with LaSalle.
LaSalle will have a lot of returning talent no doubt. I still believe the guys returning will help the Lancers compete for the individual state title... I just don't see them filling the holes like Ed's can in dual format, however I have no idea who LaSalle may have coming up through the junior high scene and Root may get some transfers...But I do know Eds always gets quality incoming freshman each year and their freshman and jv teams always have some decent kids they can through in to fill holes.
Old 02-11-19, 10:36 AM
All American

Coach Root is on a distinguished road
I want to say congrats to the St. Edwards program. That was an awesome dual. Well deserved. I want to wish everyone the best of luck in the coming weeks. Stay healthy.

Coach Root
Old 02-11-19, 11:06 AM
All World

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
I have no idea who LaSalle may have coming up through the junior high scene and Root may get some transfers...But I do know Eds always gets quality incoming freshman each year and their freshman and jv teams always have some decent kids they can through in to fill holes.[/QUOTE]

The current 8th graders in the greater Cleveland area is VERY weak to say the least. All the major programs in the Cleveland area will struggle to enroll a "stud" wrestler. The 6th and 7th grade level has some very talented wrestlers.

Rumor has LaSalle acquiring a very large transfer soon after the state tournament. I'm sure they will look to fill the holes within the system or outside.

Either way great dual last night. LaSalle will be right in the mix one month from now.
Old 02-11-19, 12:13 PM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
Norris elected not to wrestle Agin in a much anticipated match. who wins in March?
That was not Norris's choice. Needs worded a little better. That was a coach call.
Old 02-11-19, 12:33 PM
Junior Varsity

getridofspam1 is on a distinguished road
What happened to Walker? I thought they had a kid named Walker coming in?

If LaSalle can move up some of those lighter weights to heavier ones then they will be able to bring in some younger guys. Plus maybe get some heavier kids from the football team.

It will be interesting to see if the Lasalle coaching staff can actually develop talent as well as they can get talent to transfer in.

Round 3 is going to be very interesting. I think Ed's kids will take the title just because I think they will be more willing to go for the bonus points to get that team title at the possible cost of some individual glory.
Old 02-11-19, 01:03 PM
All World

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=getridofspam1;7251399]What happened to Walker? I thought they had a kid named Walker coming in

I believe Walker has been ruled ineligible. I may be wrong but that is what I think.
Old 02-11-19, 02:06 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitSulHer View Post
That was not Norris's choice. Needs worded a little better. That was a coach call.
What was the reason the coach told you? ? He wrestled other matches. This leads to speculation.
Old 02-11-19, 02:56 PM
All American

Quote:
What was the reason the coach told you? ? He wrestled other matches. This leads to speculation.
Why does it matter? Yes the fans attending would have liked to have seen it but the match had no effect on the team dual. There are advantages and disadvantages of what the LaSalle coaching staff opted to do there.
Old 02-11-19, 03:04 PM
All Region

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by getridofspam1 View Post
I think Ed's kids will take the title just because I think they will be more willing to go for the bonus points to get that team title at the possible cost of some individual glory.
Explain this statement. This oughta be good.
Old 02-11-19, 04:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nati513 View Post
Why does it matter? Yes the fans attending would have liked to have seen it but the match had no effect on the team dual. There are advantages and disadvantages of what the LaSalle coaching staff opted to do there.
To be the best you have to wrestle the best. That's why it matters. That's what separates the elete wrestlers from the rest
Old 02-11-19, 04:38 PM
All Ohio

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To be the best you have to wrestle the best. That's why it matters. That's what separates the elete wrestlers from the rest
In this situation it was about a team title and Norris would of had 3 top 10 ranked kids matches if he wrestled Agin this weekend. He wrestled Allison to a 1 point match early this year at Ironman. Delsanter is returning state placer. Root know they could give Norris off Lancaster Dual and they would still win. Norris was not trying to duck anyone and looked really good yesterday. Would I have like to have seen the match yes but I understand why it didnít happened. Iíll look for it in few weeks.
Old 02-11-19, 04:48 PM
All American

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The coach was trying to win the team dual championship, yesterday. Individual results outside of the team context were unimportant.
Old 02-11-19, 04:51 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That match up wasn't the only one that didn't happen. Looking at the regionals & state duals of all 3 divisions, about 50 match ups didn't occur because of strategy. If you can rest a guy, why not? If you can do what LaSalle did to Ed's with the 120/ 126 switch to win the dual, game on. The individual accolades are for March 7,8, & 9. Anyone that knows the level of competition Norris faced during and before his tenure at LaSalle wouldn't be fishing for an excuse. Bottom line, the didn't need to waste his energies in the Lancaster dual to win. I wish Gorman, Aurora didn't bump up from Moore, Graham. Nobody questioned Thomas, Fairfield bumped up from Collins, Elder during regionals. Nobody wondered during Eds/ Austin- Fitch regionals why Hepner didn't wrestle Sutton, instead of Evans? I bet for the same reason Norris/ Agin match didn't happen( save the moment when it matters the most). This not venting at you, one of my sons had the same occurrence happen to him and because of this being a team thing, strategy can help. Ok kids could have the bubble guys.
Old 02-11-19, 05:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Norris has proven he can wrestle with the best, missing this one match with Agin does not prove otherwise win or lost. I will not speak for the LaSalle coaching staff but I assume they wanted Norris to sit out against Agin to rest him for what would be a long day for the young gun. Lasalle needed that win against Delslanter to give the team a chance at the title. Agin will most likely see Norris in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-11-19, 05:06 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Ross Rams

Ross falls short at D-II dual team state championships

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...H06Wo2qUtZnbM/
Old 02-11-19, 08:32 PM
All Ohio

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Eliwes, did you bash Urbas and staff when they avoided Vough at the state duals in the semis and didnít send out OĎmally because Edís was up and wanted to save him for finals. People wanted to see that match.

How about when Edís put Mason Daugherty in there line up and bumped there whole line up and it won them the dual.

Those was great coaching decisions doing what was best for the team to win state duals championship over worrying about individuals.
Old 02-12-19, 08:22 AM
All American

Coach Root is on a distinguished road
To ensure that we are all on the same page...

Norris vs. Agin was 100% my call. Dustin Norris is the very definition of a competitor. However, Dustin Norris is more than just a competitor, and because he cares about the team more than himself, he is willing to make sacrifices when the coach asks him to. We spoke about it beforehand. I told him my plan, he wanted the match but said 'he's here for the team, he'll do whatever our staff decides.' If you want to beat someone up over the match not happening... fire away because I'm the reason.

Coach Root
Old 02-12-19, 08:45 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nati513 View Post
Norris has proven he can wrestle with the best, missing this one match with Agin does not prove otherwise win or lost. I will not speak for the LaSalle coaching staff but I assume they wanted Norris to sit out against Agin to rest him for what would be a long day for the young gun. Lasalle needed that win against Delslanter to give the team a chance at the title. Agin will most likely see Norris in a couple of weeks.
to rest him? it would have been his first match. wrestlers should be in good enough shape to wrestle a couple of matches. Eds could of rested their 113lb, he wrestled top ranked Stanley and lost. I think Norris and Agin would of benefitted by seeing what adjustments they have to make before they hit the big stage. And they will meet on the big stage. imo
Old 02-12-19, 09:06 AM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I met the Norris family at Junior Freestyle Duals last summer. That kid isnít ducking anyone. Shame on you
Old 02-12-19, 09:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Eliwes, did you bash Urbas and staff when they avoided Vough at the state duals in the semis and didnít send out OĎmally because Edís was up and wanted to save him for finals. People wanted to see that match.

How about when Edís put Mason Daugherty in there line up and bumped there whole line up and it won them the dual.

Those was great coaching decisions doing what was best for the team to win state duals championship over worrying about individuals.
No bashing. Not in favor of the state duals with the forfeits and bumping weights by any team. And Ed's won because of that same thing.
Old 02-12-19, 10:08 AM
All American

Quote:
to rest him? it would have been his first match. wrestlers should be in good enough shape to wrestle a couple of matches. Eds could of rested their 113lb, he wrestled top ranked Stanley and lost. I think Norris and Agin would of benefitted by seeing what adjustments they have to make before they hit the big stage. And they will meet on the big stage. imo
That is why I said in an earlier post that there were advantages and disadvantages of what the LaSalle coaches opted to do. Maybe the LaSalle coaches thought it best if they didnt give Agin the opportunity to make adjustments. I understand it goes both ways, but it's the decision that was made by the coaching staff, not Norris. So be it....Good luck in the post season
Old 02-12-19, 10:32 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Root View Post

Norris vs. Agin was 100% my call. Dustin Norris is the very definition of a competitor. However, Dustin Norris is more than just a competitor, and because he cares about the team more than himself, he is willing to make sacrifices when the coach asks him to. We spoke about it beforehand. I told him my plan, he wanted the match but said 'he's here for the team, he'll do whatever our staff decides.' If you want to beat someone up over the match not happening... fire away because I'm the reason.

Coach Root
Your a very good coach with a very good team. so here goes.

Looked like Skinner was dominating Seefeldt why did he ride him, instead of going for bonus points?

How did the team benefit by not wrestling your best wrestler in the first match?

Wouldn't both wrestlers benefit by wrestling each other so they could figure their strategy before they hit the big stage?

Looking back what would you have done different?

Was there a time in the match that you thought you had it won?

Good match thanks for the entertainment.
Old 02-12-19, 11:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Mbelcher14 is on a distinguished road

I don’t think Coach owes an explanation to anyone ! His team , his plan ! In the end I enjoy the duals because it becomes a strategy war amongst the competitive teams! Good luck to all in Month of Champions !
Old 02-12-19, 12:06 PM
All World

cruiser_96 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Coach Root
Old 02-12-19, 12:25 PM
All District

rr23724 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Coach Root
Coach...I am very impressed by you making this statement. You have morons online questioning your wrestler's heart and you have clarified this in a very dignified manner. I have never met you (I did coach against you a couple years ago at the state meet I think) but all I have seen from you and your program is class. Thank you for being a positive asset to the wrestling community.
Old 02-12-19, 12:27 PM
All District

ttwo0603 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your a very good coach with a very good team. so here goes.

Looked like Skinner was dominating Seefeldt why did he ride him, instead of going for bonus points?

How did the team benefit by not wrestling your best wrestler in the first match?

Wouldn't both wrestlers benefit by wrestling each other so they could figure their strategy before they hit the big stage?

Looking back what would you have done different?

Was there a time in the match that you thought you had it won?

Good match thanks for the entertainment.
No worries, I got this one for you coach!!!

Looked like Skinner was dominating Seefeldt why did he ride him, instead of going for bonus points? NOYB

How did the team benefit by not wrestling your best wrestler in the first match? IF YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND THIS, NO NEED FOR ANYONE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND.

Wouldn't both wrestlers benefit by wrestling each other so they could figure their strategy before they hit the big stage? NOPE! IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS STRATEGY THEN YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN.

Looking back what would you have done different? NOYB

Was there a time in the match that you thought you had it won? YEAP
Old 02-12-19, 01:16 PM
All Region

borntopin is on a distinguished road
What a great event this dual was. Some of the best wrestlers not only in the state but in the country. Eds vs Lasalle was an epic battle that my family and I had front row seats for. It was a great display of discipline, technique, skill, and heart. There simply was not a loser in this match. Both squads laid it all on the line. There is a bunch of if this or if that but that just takes away from what I thought was 2 elite coaching staffs and kids battling their hearts out for each other. Im not going to nitpick but rather congratulate both squads for putting on one heck of a show. I think they could wrestle 10 times and it would be 5-5 this year. Whoever thinks Lasalle is going to fall off a little after this year is in for a rude awakening. They will re-load and I already know of one light weight (freshman) who will slide in at 106 next year who may be favored to win state. Could and should, in my opinion, get 3 state champions this year Skinner, Norris and Byrd. That's pretty strong...Congratulations to St Eds, they earned it on the mat.
Old 02-12-19, 06:22 PM
All District

Smoke Screen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwo0603 View Post
No worries, I got this one for you coach!!!

Looked like Skinner was dominating Seefeldt why did he ride him, instead of going for bonus points? NOYB

How did the team benefit by not wrestling your best wrestler in the first match? IF YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND THIS, NO NEED FOR ANYONE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND.

Wouldn't both wrestlers benefit by wrestling each other so they could figure their strategy before they hit the big stage? NOPE! IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS STRATEGY THEN YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN.

Looking back what would you have done different? NOYB

Was there a time in the match that you thought you had it won? YEAP
Old 02-12-19, 08:41 PM
All World

Joe Daugherty is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Coach Root