Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-17-18, 09:19 PM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
Just a simple reference of those who seek out the easy way.

In the world of selfies, self gratification and play dough rooms I guess I’m not shocked most can’t fathom the possibility of failing.

Tears for Hillary
I don’t see transferring to Hoban as taking the easy way, far from it. The easy way would be to stay with a mediocre program, and be a star. At Hoban, you will work your butt off and hope to earn a starting spot. It seems to me, a kid stands a lot more chance at failing, due to the high level competition at Hoban, than being the BMOC at KR. Kudos to the kid for wanting to better himself.
Old 06-17-18, 11:47 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye53 View Post
I don’t see transferring to Hoban as taking the easy way, far from it. The easy way would be to stay with a mediocre program, and be a star. At Hoban, you will work your butt off and hope to earn a starting spot. It seems to me, a kid stands a lot more chance at failing, due to the high level competition at Hoban, than being the BMOC at KR. Kudos to the kid for wanting to better himself.
Wrong, I do not see going to Hoban as being harder. Sure, succeeding in Hoban is indeed hard. But I believe it is even harder still for a prospective athlete to try to help build the program where he is at.

Now, obviously, that is not always a viable option. Factors exist beyond an athletes control. Like coaching, administration, school culture, etc. There really is only so much an athlete can do for his team in 4 years. He does need to consider himself. I cannot fault someone for wanting to leave a program like Field, or Norton, or heck, even Coventry 6 years ago. I would have done the same.

However, when Im talking about improving the local program where one is at, Im not talking about those programs. There is a lot that needs to happen at those places for staying to even be considered a good option for the talent there. That is not the athletes responsibility no. Im talking about programs like The Coventry team of the last couple years, Woodridge, Rootstown, Manchester, Tallmadge, Barberton, etc. sure, all of these programs could do with some work or another, but they do show some promise. It would just be very helpful for the talent to stay. But it would indeed be quite a bit of work...you are trying to not just better yourself, but better a community.