Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-10-18, 02:51 PM
All American

Pantherontheporch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderWrestling View Post
Pantherontheporch, Mike Masminster has a ticket for you for the finals. PM me if you need his phone number.
PM sent.
Old 03-10-18, 06:43 PM
All American

Starting 132
Old 03-10-18, 07:03 PM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
If you have Spectrum/TWC you can watch the championship matches via live streaming.

When prompted sign in your Spectrum account or it is a quick set up to enter a user id and password. They are on 132lb match right now. You can watch Austin Murphy - 160lbs and Antonio McCloud - 220 lbs go for state championships live.

Here is the link

http://www.myspectrumsports.com/oh/m...t6a4rhmkzgipli
Old 03-10-18, 07:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSfootball View Post
If you have Spectrum/TWC you can watch the championship matches via live streaming.

When prompted sign in your Spectrum account or it is a quick set up to enter a user id and password. They are on 132lb match right now. You can watch Austin Murphy - 160lbs and Antonio McCloud - 220 lbs go for state championships live.

Here is the link

http://www.myspectrumsports.com/oh/m...t6a4rhmkzgipli
Cincy, I'm having some weird technical problems. If I disappear for their matches, can you post updates?
Old 03-10-18, 07:32 PM
All Ohio

POTP, if I don't see your post I will update. Thanks for all you have done this year. You do a terrific job.
Old 03-10-18, 07:34 PM
All American

Quote:
POTP, if I don't see your post I will update. Thanks for all you have done this year. You do a terrific job.
Thanks, glad to do it.
Old 03-10-18, 08:11 PM
All American

160: Murphy vs. Mattox
First
JM 2-0
2s
JM 4-2

Second
JM 6-2
JM 6-3

Third
JM 6-4
Final
Old 03-10-18, 08:21 PM
All Region

ogealbhain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
160: Murphy vs. Mattox
First
JM 2-0
2s
JM 4-2

Second
JM 6-2
JM 6-3

Third
JM 6-4
I'm sorry....but what does this mean???
Old 03-10-18, 08:27 PM
All Ohio

Austin Murphy lost the match 6-4 to Maddox. Maddox finished the year 42-1.

Great career for Austin. Fought a tought match tonight. The young man should hold his head up high.
Old 03-10-18, 08:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogealbhain View Post
I'm sorry....but what does this mean???
POTP was using the initials for who was up in the scoring. JM was Jaden Maddox. Then he updated when scoring occured in the period.
Old 03-10-18, 08:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
POTH was using the initials for who was up in the scoring. JM was Jaden Maddox. Then he updated when scoring occured in the period.
Thanks!
Old 03-10-18, 09:52 PM
All American

220 McCloud vs. Sauerwein
First
AM 2-0

Second
AM 2-1
AM 6-1
AM 6-2

Third
AM 11-2
AM 11-3
AM 13-3 maj dec
Final!!!
McCloud wins!!!
Old 03-10-18, 10:06 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
A huge cheer went up from the student section here in Dayton when McCloud won.
Old 03-10-18, 10:08 PM
All Ohio

Congratulations to our new State Champion - Antonio McCloud. Great job young man. Welcome to a very impressive list of State Champions.

Dave Shuler
1973 - 1st, 155 lbs.

Tommy Pretty
2008 - 1st, 125 lbs.

Orlando Scales
2008 - 1st, 215 lbs. and 2009 - 1st, 215 lbs.

Antonio McCloud
2018 - 1st, 220 lbs.
Old 03-10-18, 10:10 PM
All Region

Quote:
Congratulations to our new State Champion - Antonio McCloud. Great job young man. Welcome to a very impressive list of State Champions.

Dave Shuler
1973 - 1st, 155 lbs.

Tommy Pretty
2008 - 1st, 125 lbs.

Orlando Scales
2008 - 1st, 215 lbs. and 2009 - 1st, 215 lbs.

Antonio McCloud
2018 - 1st, 220 lbs.
Old 03-10-18, 10:41 PM
Freshman

Mbelcher14 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Antonio ... for those that don't know Antonio came to WCW ( West Cincinnati Wrestling Club his 8th grade year! His growth in the sport each year came from his hard work and buying in to what Coach Roush and the Coaching
Staff were feeding him. His offseason wrestling helped him take leaps and bounds into another level each year ! Wrestling is 90% mental once you reach a certain point of ability ! Antonio found the mental edge he needed this year to rebound from last years state tourney ! On a side note ... he is one of the nicest young men that I ever met and enjoy having the chance to watch him grow into the sport and into a young man ... from the entire Belcher family congrats Antonio and Elder coaches on a fine year! Congrats to Austin Murphy on a fantastic season as well and career ! His growth too has been incredible ! From Deleware Hayes tourney , you grew up a whole bunch as a wrestler and a leader , I will never ever ever forget you calling that you were going to stick Maddox
, easy money ! You will continue to shine young man ! Thank you for the hard work with AB! To the rest of the boys and the seniors, it's not the ending you all hoped for but you all have improved and grown as young men ! Thanks for some good memories this year! Go Panthers
Old 03-10-18, 11:26 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Bad azz
Old 03-11-18, 09:13 PM
All American

Huge props to the Panthers, Coach Roush, and his staff for a great season of Elder wrestling! The grapplers finished tied for 15th at the Ironman; won the Sample; finished tenth at Brecksville; won the CIT, the Rieman, the GCL-S, and the Lebanon sectional; finished second at the Kettering Fairmont district; and finished sixth at the state meet (60 points). In addition, they went 5-0 at the Elder Duals and won their four duals against Harrison, Western Brown, Oak Hills, and Fairfield.
Eight Panthers qualified for the Schott, tying the school record, and the team had four placers in Doepker, Moore-Nash, Murphy, and 220 champ McCloud.

Here’s the Enquirer article on McCloud’s win:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...tle/413593002/

And best of luck to the seniors in all their future endeavors. They will be leaving some big wrestling shoes for the underclassmen to fill next year: seven of the 12 who wrestled at the Lebanon sectional are seniors.
Old 03-12-18, 09:07 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Love seeing the emotion on his face in every single picture I have seen. Congrats on a great year.
Old 03-12-18, 08:08 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherontheporch View Post
Huge props to the Panthers, Coach Roush, and his staff for a great season of Elder wrestling! The grapplers finished tied for 15th at the Ironman; won the Sample; finished tenth at Brecksville; won the CIT, the Rieman, the GCL-S, and the Lebanon sectional; finished second at the Kettering Fairmont district; and finished sixth at the state meet (60 points). In addition, they went 5-0 at the Elder Duals and won their four duals against Harrison, Western Brown, Oak Hills, and Fairfield.
Eight Panthers qualified for the Schott, tying the school record, and the team had four placers in Doepker, Moore-Nash, Murphy, and 220 champ McCloud.

Here’s the Enquirer article on McCloud’s win:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...tle/413593002/

And best of luck to the seniors in all their future endeavors. They will be leaving some big wrestling shoes for the underclassmen to fill next year: seven of the 12 who wrestled at the Lebanon sectional are seniors.
Thank you POTP for keeping us informed about the wrestling team. I always look forward to your updates. Congratulations to the '17/'18 grapplers on an excellent season!
Old 03-29-18, 12:01 PM
All American

One last post for this year: some tidbits and a brief preview. The preview really belongs at the start of next year’s wrestling thread, but I figured Panther wrestling fans won’t mind a bit of info about next season.
Props to McCloud, whose state title has earned him a national rank of #20 at 220 by InterMat. It’s a nice cap to his outstanding season.
In the wrestling forum, there is a thread on probable high schools the OAC junior high championship eighth grade placers will attend next year (the tournament was held March 17-18). LaSalle and Moeller each have one listed, while Elder and St. Xavier don’t have any. Whether or not this will prove to be of any significance, only time will tell.
With seven senior starters (along with other seniors like Eric Kassow, Tyler Eshman, and Donny Wilson) lost to graduation, next year’s team will look pretty different from this year’s squad. You have to figure there are some talented wrestlers who have been behind a departing senior, just waiting for a chance to show their stuff. Coach Roush and his staff will have to rebuild the Panther wrestling engine; the question is whether it will be of the “need-to-park-under-the-tree-in-the-backyard-to-yank-the-engine” variety or only the “just-need-to-pull-the-heads” kind. He knows which one it will be, the rest of us will find out in the fall.
Here are some of the returners (assuming a family doesn’t win Powerball and moves to Malibu) and their class next year:
Jack Roth Soph
William Doepker Junior
Anthony DiTullio Soph
Trace Jones Senior
Jackson Geiser Junior
Jack Collins Junior
Seth Lambers Junior
DJ Melillo Senior
Caylan Hinton Soph
Patrick Barrett Junior
Tommy Thamann Junior
Hans Taylor Senior
Austin Belcher Senior
Tom Feldman Senior
Rowan Tolbert Junior
I know I probably missed others who will be in the mix in the battle for a spot, and of course who knows what everyone will weigh come November.
As for next year’s GCL-S, Moeller returns senior Jordan Ward (sixth at 132) but loses 195 champ Jake Thompson and state qualifier Sam Wyche (170) to graduation. St. Xavier also loses 285 runner-up Jack Heyob to graduation.
As for LaSalle, quite simply, they again will be trouble (“. . . with a capital t, that rhymes with p, that stands for . . .” - oops, never mind, just a memory from a Seton-Elder Series at Eight production from many moons ago). They finished fourth at the Schott with 96.5 points, and that was with E’lan Heard (138, had been favored to take first) and Garrett Bledsoe (220, had been predicted to place) having to default after their opening rounds due to injury. With them, the Lancers easily would have caught Wadsworth (107.0) for third. They will return six placers, including 113 champ Byrd, and will lose only Blake Wilson (182) to graduation. As an offset, they recently added Cole Skinner, a freshman transfer. Skinner was a two-time OAC junior high champion and, among his other credentials, represented the United States last September at the World Team Championships (Cadet, Freestyle) in Athens, wrestling at 42 kilos. He did not wrestle during the post-season due to paperwork problems stemming from the ECOT fiasco; he would have been favored to win the D-III 106 title.
That’ll do it for me for this year’s wrestling thread, it was great fun following the Panther grapplers. Until next year’s thread, aloha.